“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#7832 Nov 28, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>With players like these 2 the answer is yes.

no...in the old days, certain linemen after 7 or 8 years of pro bowls got in the last 2 or 3, on reputations...

how many years of pro bowl do they have? and, they cannot be doing so good if ground and pound, sacks occuring..

the other players will vote them in if deserved..

on the other hand, i think they are very good players. just not great. I know mangold has suffered from injuries and it may have slowed him down.
JETS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#7833 Nov 28, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> comeon be objective Stephen Hill can't catch and everybody but you knows that, guy is a work in progress who never should have been a number two pick.. "It's 50/50" that he doesn't catch the pass would be the correct usage of 50/50 lol....Oh tannenbaum oh tannenbaum...
What I mean by 50/50 is rather a player is going to make it in the NFL or not. Either your pick will be good or bad. I'm a very objective person, but I also will give the player the benefit of the doubt. You already know some players take time to come along. When you are drafted that high you are expected to pick up the pace quicker and it's maginified because when you are drafted that high and don't produce right away you will get that bust tag in a heartbeat lol. That's what I mean about 50/50. You can't say he is a bust in not a full season, but it is what it is. Oh Tannenbaum Oh Tannernbaum is right lol.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7834 Nov 28, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I understand that, but I have no idea why people are saying he is a bust when he hasn't even played that long. Like I said before if he doen't improve next year then he will be one lol.

first year is rough on a majority of wide outs..not all mind you..but alot...

right now, he is having hand issues and dropping way too many passes..

give him 2-3 years before the bust label comes out.

now, hakem nicks had a good first year...like i said, some do, some don't..crabtree, a top ten pick, had a miserable first year.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7835 Nov 28, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Unitl he is not the Jets qb anymore I have to stand by him. I will judge Sanchez when he has a better line and weapons around him because like we all know you don't have a line or weapons you will looks terrible. You saw what happened to Eli in 3 of those games before the bye week? The line was not protecting him at all and the receivers were not getting open which means his numbers were terrible. You have no line and no weapons you will not make it in the NFL. Metally you will be destroyed because you will rush throws, look uneasy in the pocket and make mistakes which equals Marky Mark lol. That goes for ANY qb in the NFL not just Sanchez.I hope you are right when you say they should bring in a guy like Bill Cowher. Tannebaum will be gone after the season and Rex maybe next season.

eli is not a good example for sanchise...but, stupid tom put diehl back in and he is not good in pass protection, the line was on fire with locklear...big mistake in the switch...and nicks was hurt..hixon was hurt...cruz was double covered...bennett the tight end had knee issues also...and supposedly eli had a tired arm..well, the break over and 3 tds later..looking good, as nicks, cruz and bennett all healthy and doing well..same with the line..

and, the packers were in the top 3 in sacks.
JETS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#7836 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
eli is not a good example for sanchise...but, stupid tom put diehl back in and he is not good in pass protection, the line was on fire with locklear...big mistake in the switch...and nicks was hurt..hixon was hurt...cruz was double covered...bennett the tight end had knee issues also...and supposedly eli had a tired arm..well, the break over and 3 tds later..looking good, as nicks, cruz and bennett all healthy and doing well..same with the line..
and, the packers were in the top 3 in sacks.
Why is he not a good example? You saw it yourself. Hell we all saw what happened to him and the stupid media was all over it like he was a bum. I'm not comparing Sanchez to Eli. All I'm saying is that ANY qb will look terrible when he doesn't have the line, weapons etc. If Eli didn't have that would be be effective? The answer is not. Jets don't have a good team and we all should not be surprised with the results lol.
JETS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#7837 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
no...in the old days, certain linemen after 7 or 8 years of pro bowls got in the last 2 or 3, on reputations...
how many years of pro bowl do they have? and, they cannot be doing so good if ground and pound, sacks occuring..
the other players will vote them in if deserved..
on the other hand, i think they are very good players. just not great. I know mangold has suffered from injuries and it may have slowed him down.
I only say yes ONLY, and it may sound crazy lol, because when plyers make the probowl year after year they get a certain title with them every year. This is the popualrity vote that comes into to play. I'm not saying they play like that every game because the truth is no player plays great every game, but like you said reputations.
JETS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#7838 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
first year is rough on a majority of wide outs..not all mind you..but alot...
right now, he is having hand issues and dropping way too many passes..
give him 2-3 years before the bust label comes out.
now, hakem nicks had a good first year...like i said, some do, some don't..crabtree, a top ten pick, had a miserable first year.
Good point and this also goes back to when a player is drafted high he is expected to deliver right away. You hit the nail right on the head when you say give him 2-3 years, but I see fans on here say he is a bust. Not sure if they are trying to be sarcastic or not because I really don't focus on that stuff at all because I don't mind debating respectfully.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7839 Nov 28, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Good point and this also goes back to when a player is drafted high he is expected to deliver right away. You hit the nail right on the head when you say give him 2-3 years, but I see fans on here say he is a bust. Not sure if they are trying to be sarcastic or not because I really don't focus on that stuff at all because I don't mind debating respectfully.

in fairness to them...all of us want our 1 and 2 picks to contribute right away...alot do...in some form or another...so, they just get frustrated...gmen fans were ticked off at prince the cb, who has had injury isssues..now he is playing real good...marvin austin, injured 2 years in a row...now, a part time sub, outplayed by kuhn, a 7th rounder who got hurt..

recall your comment about some of the later round players? in 07, reese hit on them all and they won a super bowl..all of them played a part...

right now, he is not looking good, but give him at least 3 years...that is what most draft experts do rate a draft..

it does put pressure on "boy sanchise" however..he might lose confidence in throwing to him...or delay a toss...

gmens randle starting to come on, but he is doing extra work, with eli and other wide outs..nicks and cruz help him..there is no one on the jets like those 2 who can help him...holmes is just not that kinda guy

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7840 Nov 28, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Why is he not a good example? You saw it yourself. Hell we all saw what happened to him and the stupid media was all over it like he was a bum. I'm not comparing Sanchez to Eli. All I'm saying is that ANY qb will look terrible when he doesn't have the line, weapons etc. If Eli didn't have that would be be effective? The answer is not. Jets don't have a good team and we all should not be surprised with the results lol.

any qb without a line is not good...eli as a rookie however had other issues..the vets like barber and shockey did not like him and made him miserable...he took off and became better when they were gone..and they had a good line then...

sometimes dell, its not just the line..experience..knowing the game, studying the playbook, extra time...eli is not a broadway go out with the gals guy..sanchise is..
JETS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#7841 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
in fairness to them...all of us want our 1 and 2 picks to contribute right away...alot do...in some form or another...so, they just get frustrated...gmen fans were ticked off at prince the cb, who has had injury isssues..now he is playing real good...marvin austin, injured 2 years in a row...now, a part time sub, outplayed by kuhn, a 7th rounder who got hurt..
recall your comment about some of the later round players? in 07, reese hit on them all and they won a super bowl..all of them played a part...
right now, he is not looking good, but give him at least 3 years...that is what most draft experts do rate a draft..
it does put pressure on "boy sanchise" however..he might lose confidence in throwing to him...or delay a toss...
gmens randle starting to come on, but he is doing extra work, with eli and other wide outs..nicks and cruz help him..there is no one on the jets like those 2 who can help him...holmes is just not that kinda guy
I agree with your whole post, but this goes back to the 50-50 % when you draft a player. Excellent point about the later round picks and I think they do well because they have a huge chip on their sholder which mean they will work extra hard to make a impact. Holmes has never been that type of player, but in my opinion he is a good receiver. Sometimes we as fans will scratch our head when a player takes a little to long to develop into what we think they should be. I'm very patient, but I also keep my eye on them lol. Again you can't compare Nicks and Cruz to any of the Jets receivers because there is no comparison at all. They have the sucess and the stroke.
JETS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#7842 Nov 28, 2012
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
any qb without a line is not good...eli as a rookie however had other issues..the vets like barber and shockey did not like him and made him miserable...he took off and became better when they were gone..and they had a good line then...
sometimes dell, its not just the line..experience..knowing the game, studying the playbook, extra time...eli is not a broadway go out with the gals guy..sanchise is..
Well like I said you can't compare Sanchez to Eli because they are totally different. I don't care what they do in their personal lives because that's their business. All I care about is what they do on that field. Sorry Jim you can have all the experience in the world, but we both know you can't win without the tools you need. Eli was made tougher when the media, fans and players talked bad about him. I remember a whole lot of things that was said about him when they were not winning. Sanchez is going through the same thing. You can't complete passes when you are constantly running for your life or thinking I better get this ball out quickly because I don't want to take a sack lol. Like I have been saying for the past 2 years, the Jets front office has shown everyone how NOT to develop a young qb. As for him getting the 3 year ext, that was hush money lol.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#7843 Nov 28, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I understand that, but I have no idea why people are saying he is a bust when he hasn't even played that long. Like I said before if he doen't improve next year then he will be one lol.
I'm not calling the neophyte a bust either that would be unfair, the Jets needed another veteran receiver to step up, and none have in my opinion. I didn't like Rex naming him a starter before the season, it raised expectations of the kids ability, and the fact that the kid came from a run oriented offense at Georgia Tech didn't help.
haha

Valrico, FL

#7844 Nov 28, 2012
haha

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#7845 Nov 29, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Good post and like I was telling Jim they never keep talent together. Sure some of the talent that was lost was because they couldn't resign all the key players, but the dummy Tannebaum does not know who to keep. For the life if me, Leon Washington still should be a Jet to this day. They let go Edwards and get Plaxico???? Stupid move. Move after stupid move. I can name more, but it's not enough space lol. I hope Woody fires his ass right after their last game. No matter what the record is get rid of him.
ah yes....Leon Washington...a RB who can catch a pass out of the backfield....we appear to be missing one of those as well.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#7846 Nov 29, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>What I mean by 50/50 is rather a player is going to make it in the NFL or not. Either your pick will be good or bad. I'm a very objective person, but I also will give the player the benefit of the doubt. You already know some players take time to come along. When you are drafted that high you are expected to pick up the pace quicker and it's maginified because when you are drafted that high and don't produce right away you will get that bust tag in a heartbeat lol. That's what I mean about 50/50. You can't say he is a bust in not a full season, but it is what it is. Oh Tannenbaum Oh Tannernbaum is right lol.
So are you saying then that Sanchez is a bust..following youre objective thoughts and given the player the benefit of the doubt Sanchez would be a bust: Played 4 years, has been ranked in the 28 to 32 bracket out of 36, hasn't produced to his high draft status in 4 years and may get his coach and GM fired, has already gotten his OC fired...Bust: yes or no?
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#7847 Nov 29, 2012
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
ah yes....Leon Washington...a RB who can catch a pass out of the backfield....we appear to be missing one of those as well.
lol....
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#7848 Nov 29, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your whole post, but this goes back to the 50-50 % when you draft a player. Excellent point about the later round picks and I think they do well because they have a huge chip on their sholder which mean they will work extra hard to make a impact. Holmes has never been that type of player, but in my opinion he is a good receiver. Sometimes we as fans will scratch our head when a player takes a little to long to develop into what we think they should be. I'm very patient, but I also keep my eye on them lol. Again you can't compare Nicks and Cruz to any of the Jets receivers because there is no comparison at all. They have the sucess and the stroke.
I believe the Jets released Cruz....Good judge of talent in Woody World...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#7849 Nov 29, 2012
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>What I mean by 50/50 is rather a player is going to make it in the NFL or not. Either your pick will be good or bad. I'm a very objective person, but I also will give the player the benefit of the doubt. You already know some players take time to come along. When you are drafted that high you are expected to pick up the pace quicker and it's maginified because when you are drafted that high and don't produce right away you will get that bust tag in a heartbeat lol. That's what I mean about 50/50. You can't say he is a bust in not a full season, but it is what it is. Oh Tannenbaum Oh Tannernbaum is right lol.
Comeon drafting a wide receiver who can't catch is not a good draft choice..He had issues in college and Tannenbaum should have done his Homework (square peg round hole) lots of other quality players available that could have helped a needing team...Heck I remember Rex was to trilled about the pick and then got on board with it....

“I only voted for Obama 1 time”

Since: Mar 12

Summerville, SC

#7850 Nov 29, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Comeon drafting a wide receiver who can't catch is not a good draft choice..He had issues in college and Tannenbaum should have done his Homework (square peg round hole) lots of other quality players available that could have helped a needing team...Heck I remember Rex was to trilled about the pick and then got on board with it....

What do you know? Rex made the AFC championships 2 years in a row. Dope. LMAO
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#7851 Nov 29, 2012
momma chamberlan wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you know? Rex made the AFC championships 2 years in a row. Dope. LMAO
what his record now fatboy??? Ticket prices for sunday's jets-cardinals game at metlife stadium are in the tank, with some seats available for as much as 80% below face value..LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 16 min jimi-yank 332,073
Moving to NYC...possibly 22 min Carlos Dangerous 2
News Why Queens is being inundated with shelters 1 hr jluby 1
Carlos Danger says fire Kaepernick 3 hr Gutsy n Meth Head 2
"Walking Dead" Starts Feb 9th (Jan '14) 4 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 737
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Actual Science 61,068
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 hr SweLL GirL 16,061

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages