NY State Park Police are nazis

Posted in the Jackson-Heights Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
truth

Whippany, NJ

#1 Feb 21, 2008
Anyone ever take a leisurely drive through Robert Moses, Jones Beach, Montauk or even one of the smaller parks like Hempstead Lake and suddenly find yourself being stalked by a police vehicle, even though you are doing nothing in the wrong?

I have had several of these experiences which I will recount because the truth needs to be told about a phenomenon that is the "Gestapo Mentality" of NY State Park Police.

What does a NYS Parks Police Officer do in the offseason when the parks are largely empty of people? Do they stare vacantly into the windy,cold ocean and write somber poetry? Do they retreat to their small stationhouses, catching up on computer solitaire? Nope. To the contrary, they are busier than ever, in fact, aggressively pursuing the hearty few that dare enter their eminent domain during these lean winter months.

Instead of kicking back and merely acknowledging the fact that things may get rather slow. Our over paid public servants of the park system have taken it upon themselves to set speed traps and scrutinize the inspections,registrations, id's, shoelaces, glove compartments, trunks, pockets, body cavity's, seat cushions and every other crevice, nook, cranny, crack and every item of legible text that catches their eye.

Yes, Mr. Officer. We have decided to drive out to the beach this fine winter day to sit here in my vehicle, watch the waves crash, and be told to step out of the car and spread em because the soda we were drinking "looked like" a crack pipe.

Yes, Mr. Officer, we arrived at Hempstead Lake park this fine late Autumn day to eat a sandwich and enjoy the sunshine. But we never invited you over to tell us that our registration sticker was not affixed to the windshield yet, so you treat us like a common criminal and give us a ticket, which is later dismissed.

No, Mr Park Police, we werent impressed that you caught up to me rollerblading in the empty Jones Beach Theater parking lot, when you tried to run me over, almost knocked me down, made me take my skates off and walk the 200 remaining feet to the path. After which you had to remind me that you were after all " a real police officer".

No Mr. Park Police, I didn't expect you to pull me over as I passed the Jones beach traffic circle, as I was going 24 mph. I asked you was I speeding? No you said, "you were showing ME up by passing me...and that's disrespectful". Really? I came all the way out here on this nice day for this?

Mr. Important Park Policeman, I am really, really impressed with the work you do. Specially during the winter when you make your little State Parks the equivalent of mini police fiefdoms, the likes of which Saddam would have been proud. What's next? Will you roll out the iron Maiden next winter? Perhaps employ a helicopter with a gatling gun? Will any of us
survive one day, one hour, one minute in your jurisdictions without feeling the brunt of your swift justice?

So take heed you little Saddam's, we are on to you. And yes, we have always hated you and felt a bit sorry for you. Because in the end...you are lonely, pathetic guys with lonely pathetic jobs.
ligolfnut

Wayne, NJ

#2 Feb 22, 2008
That was funny, awesome and mostly true. Those guys need to take it down a few notches trying to prove they are "real" cops.
ABC

Selden, NY

#3 Apr 6, 2008
ligolfnut wrote:
That was funny, awesome and mostly true. Those guys need to take it down a few notches trying to prove they are "real" cops.
They are "real" cops and instead of sitting in the station getting paid for nothing, they go out and work and earn what little money they make while you sit here and try to make fun of them. The funny thing is if they did sit in the station all day you would probably turn around and call them lazy and overpaid anyway.
James Dean

Lindenhurst, NY

#4 Apr 6, 2008
truth wrote:
Anyone ever take a leisurely drive through Robert Moses, Jones Beach, Montauk or even one of the smaller parks like Hempstead Lake and suddenly find yourself being stalked by a police vehicle, even though you are doing nothing in the wrong?
I have had several of these experiences which I will recount because the truth needs to be told about a phenomenon that is the "Gestapo Mentality" of NY State Park Police.
What does a NYS Parks Police Officer do in the offseason when the parks are largely empty of people? Do they stare vacantly into the windy,cold ocean and write somber poetry? Do they retreat to their small stationhouses, catching up on computer solitaire? Nope. To the contrary, they are busier than ever, in fact, aggressively pursuing the hearty few that dare enter their eminent domain during these lean winter months.
Instead of kicking back and merely acknowledging the fact that things may get rather slow. Our over paid public servants of the park system have taken it upon themselves to set speed traps and scrutinize the inspections,registrations, id's, shoelaces, glove compartments, trunks, pockets, body cavity's, seat cushions and every other crevice, nook, cranny, crack and every item of legible text that catches their eye.
Yes, Mr. Officer. We have decided to drive out to the beach this fine winter day to sit here in my vehicle, watch the waves crash, and be told to step out of the car and spread em because the soda we were drinking "looked like" a crack pipe.
Yes, Mr. Officer, we arrived at Hempstead Lake park this fine late Autumn day to eat a sandwich and enjoy the sunshine. But we never invited you over to tell us that our registration sticker was not affixed to the windshield yet, so you treat us like a common criminal and give us a ticket, which is later dismissed.
No, Mr Park Police, we werent impressed that you caught up to me rollerblading in the empty Jones Beach Theater parking lot, when you tried to run me over, almost knocked me down, made me take my skates off and walk the 200 remaining feet to the path. After which you had to remind me that you were after all " a real police officer".
No Mr. Park Police, I didn't expect you to pull me over as I passed the Jones beach traffic circle, as I was going 24 mph. I asked you was I speeding? No you said, "you were showing ME up by passing me...and that's disrespectful". Really? I came all the way out here on this nice day for this?
Mr. Important Park Policeman, I am really, really impressed with the work you do. Specially during the winter when you make your little State Parks the equivalent of mini police fiefdoms, the likes of which Saddam would have been proud. What's next? Will you roll out the iron Maiden next winter? Perhaps employ a helicopter with a gatling gun? Will any of us
survive one day, one hour, one minute in your jurisdictions without feeling the brunt of your swift justice?
So take heed you little Saddam's, we are on to you. And yes, we have always hated you and felt a bit sorry for you. Because in the end...you are lonely, pathetic guys with lonely pathetic jobs.
Sounds like the Cop is just doing His Job. Why do you have to hang out in empty Parking lots all of the time?
fast freddy h

Stanley, NY

#5 Apr 17, 2008
"truth" It seem as if you have alot of problems with the police, more then the average guy. i wonder why? everyone knows you dont pass a cop, thats common sence. what did you say to make the nyspp officer reply " i am a real cop"? roller bladeing is only allowed on the bike path ( marked with signs). seems like a stupied rule but if they didnt have that then someone like yourself would get hit by a car and sue everyone involved including the state park system. then other people " non mutts" like yourself would have to suffer.
If you dont do anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. most people like to see police cars ( makes people feel safe). as far as over paid... better look at how much they make
Eva

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2008
Park Police Officers are highly trained professionals that work for OPRHP to help ensure proper use of State parks, campgrounds, historic sites, and waterways. They enforce federal and state; parks and recreation; navigation and environmental conservation; vehicle and traffic laws. They are skilled in investigation, rescue and emergency services. In addition, Park Police Officers provide education and training to individuals on proper use and safety of boats and snowmobiles. They also provide information, assistance, and protection to visitors to New York State's parks and historic sites.
The REAL truth

United States

#8 May 21, 2008
It absolutely makes me sick to see how disrespectful you are. Those officers are out there every day risking their lives to protect undeserving discusting people like yourself "truth". Do me a favor and stay out of the parks and away from the one's that I love, because I don't want to take the chance of one them accidentally saving your life someday!
Happy Evans

AOL

#9 May 21, 2008
The REAL truth wrote:
It absolutely makes me sick to see how disrespectful you are. Those officers are out there every day risking their lives to protect undeserving discusting people like yourself "truth". Do me a favor and stay out of the parks and away from the one's that I love, because I don't want to take the chance of one them accidentally saving your life someday!
Obviously your parents locked you in the home away from other chidren with a video game and an air purifier. The park police are State trooper rent a cops. Risk what life? these clowns look for people littering, playing loud music or enjoying an open beer in public aside from harrassing parkgoers for driving 5 mph over thier redicoulusly low posted speed limit. I find that many insecure people take the test just to find a cause for ther existance, otherwise they would have nothing to offer other than stocking cans on the shelf at your local Pathmark store.
Stephanie Weil

Jersey City, NJ

#10 May 21, 2008
So can someone explain to me why is it "disrespectful" to pass a cop on the road? As long as you're doing the speed limit, what's the problem? What, are cops supposed to be like untouchables or something? Give me a break. As far as I'm concerned, they're just another motorist on the road.

Sounds to me like Mr. Brownshirt either has an ego problem, or he woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day....that would have been an interesting ticket to plead in traffic court.

Judge: Were you speeding?

Defendant: No sir, I was observing the speed limit, but the officer said I "disrespected him" because I was going slightly faster than he was.
JD Niagara

Albany, NY

#11 May 21, 2008
We all have good and we all have bad days.
Some of us "goof" up and let it spill over into
our professional lives. We all are human.
Bosses are made to keep all of us pea-ons in line
and do they ever.
Little rules are followed to stop bigger problems
from arising. Look to the quality of life enforcement that goes on in NYC. Gulliani had it right. Everyone benefits when the little things are kept in order. Every hick town has its little thing that aggravates travelers coming through.
Radar Traps, no loud music in downtown, whatever. Even in State Parks they have what amounts to bothersome rules and regulations. Where you can throw, toss or kick a ball. Insignificant right?
But if that ball dents your corvette or hits your baby on the head. Now how insignificant is it?
So if there are ridiculously low speed limits. Or no roller blading except in authorized areas. Whatever seems to be some rule that pisses you off. Remember the Park Police have had experience with hundreds of millions before you. From Niagara Falls to Montuk Point. From Plattsburg to Allegany State Park. They know what little things that seem "petty" to you canand do cause so much damage to the other guy. Try to be more objective in complaining TRUTH. Or just stay in the county parks.
Bjs

Clearwater, FL

#12 May 22, 2008
Hey,
I used to work for NYSPP and I am now a Police Officer in Fla.
The crap that those guys have to put up with is beyond belief,,, then do deal with disrepecting scumbags who think the law does not exist in the park
Be repspecful and you wont have such a hard time..
MORON
Happy Evans

AOL

#13 May 24, 2008
I take that all back, I had an experience with those gentlemen yesterday and I must say they were courteous and proffesional.
JTFW

Albany, NY

#14 Sep 16, 2008
truth wrote:
Anyone ever take a leisurely drive through Robert Moses, Jones Beach, Montauk or even one of the smaller parks like Hempstead Lake and suddenly find yourself being stalked by a police vehicle, even though you are doing nothing in the wrong?
I have had several of these experiences which I will recount because the truth needs to be told about a phenomenon that is the "Gestapo Mentality" of NY State Park Police.
What does a NYS Parks Police Officer do in the offseason when the parks are largely empty of people? Do they stare vacantly into the windy,cold ocean and write somber poetry? Do they retreat to their small stationhouses, catching up on computer solitaire? Nope. To the contrary, they are busier than ever, in fact, aggressively pursuing the hearty few that dare enter their eminent domain during these lean winter months.
Instead of kicking back and merely acknowledging the fact that things may get rather slow. Our over paid public servants of the park system have taken it upon themselves to set speed traps and scrutinize the inspections,registrations, id's, shoelaces, glove compartments, trunks, pockets, body cavity's, seat cushions and every other crevice, nook, cranny, crack and every item of legible text that catches their eye.
Yes, Mr. Officer. We have decided to drive out to the beach this fine winter day to sit here in my vehicle, watch the waves crash, and be told to step out of the car and spread em because the soda we were drinking "looked like" a crack pipe.
Yes, Mr. Officer, we arrived at Hempstead Lake park this fine late Autumn day to eat a sandwich and enjoy the sunshine. But we never invited you over to tell us that our registration sticker was not affixed to the windshield yet, so you treat us like a common criminal and give us a ticket, which is later dismissed.
No, Mr Park Police, we werent impressed that you caught up to me rollerblading in the empty Jones Beach Theater parking lot, when you tried to run me over, almost knocked me down, made me take my skates off and walk the 200 remaining feet to the path. After which you had to remind me that you were after all " a real police officer".
No Mr. Park Police, I didn't expect you to pull me over as I passed the Jones beach traffic circle, as I was going 24 mph. I asked you was I speeding? No you said, "you were showing ME up by passing me...and that's disrespectful". Really? I came all the way out here on this nice day for this?
Mr. Important Park Policeman, I am really, really impressed with the work you do. Specially during the winter when you make your little State Parks the equivalent of mini police fiefdoms, the likes of which Saddam would have been proud. What's next? Will you roll out the iron Maiden next winter? Perhaps employ a helicopter with a gatling gun? Will any of us
survive one day, one hour, one minute in your jurisdictions without feeling the brunt of your swift justice?
So take heed you little Saddam's, we are on to you. And yes, we have always hated you and felt a bit sorry for you. Because in the end...you are lonely, pathetic guys with lonely pathetic jobs.
So, How many times have you been arrested by the "Real Police" anyway? I bet you have probably been given tickets or arrested and you just are throwing stones. The Park Police have probably ticketed you or arrested you at one time or another for being a jerk. Your parents are probably throw backs to the 60's. Burn flags, throw bottles at the cops, take no responsibility for your actions and you probably are voting for Obama.
JTFW

Albany, NY

#15 Sep 16, 2008
So, How many times have you been arrested by the "Real Police" anyway? I bet you have probably been given tickets or arrested and you are just throwing stones. The Park Police have probably ticketed you or arrested you at one time or another. Your parents are probably throw backs to the 60's. Burn flags, throw bottles at the cops, take no responsibility for your actions, Blame America for everything and you probably will be voting for Obama.
mess with the BULL

Newark, NJ

#16 Sep 17, 2008
Happy Evans wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously your parents locked you in the home away from other chidren with a video game and an air purifier. The park police are State trooper rent a cops. Risk what life? these clowns look for people littering, playing loud music or enjoying an open beer in public aside from harrassing parkgoers for driving 5 mph over thier redicoulusly low posted speed limit. I find that many insecure people take the test just to find a cause for ther existance, otherwise they would have nothing to offer other than stocking cans on the shelf at your local Pathmark store.
Happy you are ridiculous. Im just curious what you do? Could it be you stock shelves????
OK. Im sorry that you stock shelves but what I do is deal with those people who break the rules, regulations and laws of the state. That being said, like in truths statement you too, are just as ignorant as him. I need to ask one question... when was the last time you arrested a drunk driver? or went to an accident scene where the drunk was out walking around after hitting a car full of kids? or when was the last time that you wrestled with a pipe thief with a 3ft crow bar(oh by the way this particular thief did a 22 yr bid upstate for murder 2, thats murder not littering or loud music dadada), when was the last time that you pointed a pistol at a car full of armed robbery suspects, who by the way had a loaded 45 in the car? So you just continue to talk your nonsense. The fact is that you have no idea what we do and the services we provide. And the next time that you get stranded, or your transformers wallet stolen, or you get hurt at a Jones Beach Concert dont call the State Trooper rent a cops. Im not coming for you. Oh I do lots of traffic enforcement at Robert Moses... just let me know when you are coming I will make sure to extend my hands with lots of invitations to court. I look forward to meeting you. If you want to take MY test go to the NYS Civil Service website.
Thanks

db
well said

Stamford, CT

#17 Sep 21, 2008
Couldn't have said it better myself!
FROM-NYPD-2-NYSP P

Bronx, NY

#18 Oct 28, 2008
Your a total Idiot... Show some respect and you'll never have a problem..Since you obviously respect NYS police Officers and not NYSPP officers although they both get the same training have the same powers and carry the same equipment you think there not real cops... What you think a NYSPP officer cant arrest your ass on a NYS local street or stop a gas staion robbery..everybody has a specific responsiblity.. if a woman gets raped or murdered in a park or a beach they get blamed for it...Park Police maintain regular patrols, assist motorists and park users, make arrests, conduct criminal and non-criminal investigations, and provide emergency services. New York State Park Police Officers are New York State Police officers whose authority extends statewide and whose primary responsibility it is to enforce laws and provide assistance and protection at New York’s state parks and historic sites. They enforce all state and federal laws, and may be assigned to patrol by boat, ATV, snowmobile, bike, personal watercraft or foot.
The State Park Police force has been in existence and conducting patrols since 1899.
MORON
FROM-NYPD-2-NYSP P

Bronx, NY

#19 Oct 28, 2008
reply to Truth:

Your a total Idiot... Show some respect and you'll never have a problem..Since you obviously respect NYS police Officers and not NYSPP officers although they both get the same training have the same powers and carry the same equipment you think there not real cops... What you think a NYSPP officer cant arrest your **** on a NYS local street or stop a gas staion robbery..everybody has a specific responsiblity.. if a woman gets raped or murdered in a park or a beach they get blamed for it...Park Police maintain regular patrols, assist motorists and park users, make arrests, conduct criminal and non-criminal investigations, and provide emergency services. New York State Park Police Officers are New York State Police officers whose authority extends statewide and whose primary responsibility it is to enforce laws and provide assistance and protection at New York’s state parks and historic sites. They enforce all state and federal laws, and may be assigned to patrol by boat, ATV, snowmobile, bike, personal watercraft or foot.
The State Park Police force has been in existence and conducting patrols since 1899.
MORON
BeerBlast

United States

#20 Oct 28, 2008
The Glen Cove Police are Facist's. I think I rather have the Nazi's.
Fast Freddy H

Albany, NY

#22 Nov 21, 2008
air
Happy Evans wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously your parents locked you in the home away from other chidren with a video game and an air purifier. The park police are State trooper rent a cops. Risk what life? these clowns look for people littering, playing loud music or enjoying an open beer in public aside from harrassing parkgoers for driving 5 mph over thier redicoulusly low posted speed limit. I find that many insecure people take the test just to find a cause for ther existance, otherwise they would have nothing to offer other than stocking cans on the shelf at your local Pathmark store.
Fast Freddy H ( Protecting yourluggage is my game)

Ma'am you are a fool if thats what you think. You "people" are the problem with this country, Long Island is the arm pit of the state and you are the B.O. The park police do an important job, that you would be unable to do. they keep idiots like yourself safe from the gang members that sit in the parks dealing drugs, the old white guys jerking off over your kids, and the illegal ice cream venders selling chip witches on the beach. why dont you do eveyone a favor and drive your toyota into off a bridge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 15 min El Nemo the Brill... 3,228
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Mothra 52,886
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 37 min Maude 18,939
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Wun Hung Lo 315,553
Will Bruce Jenner now be allowed to use women's... 1 hr Wondering 13
The fawning journalists 2 hr Wash DC 1
News Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... (Jul '14) 2 hr realist 62
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]