Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
40,981 - 41,000 of 69,093 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45183 Dec 11, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
05. That is why I said that if Isreal wants to show its sincerity to peace and stability, it must vacate all Arab lands it occupied after 1948 declaration of Independence.
You say "majority" in Isreal want peace, I doubt if even 1 % of Israeli people would "agree" to go back to 1948 boundaries? Most even might not even know what were its 1948 boundaries!!
MUQ, the Arabs themselves did not accept the 48 lines. Why would the Arabs accept them now?

HOw can you realistically expect a country to negotiate against another people who publically DAILY express their desire to throw their foes into the sea?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45184 Dec 11, 2012
MUQ

Consider the above the fact check to your rhetoric of "Jews always have lived peacefully under Arab rule until those Zionists came and screwed it up for everybody"

Arab and Muslims HAVE ALWAYS displayed intolerance for Jews (and probably anyone else other than Arabs or Muslims).

Your error is that you think history started with in 1880s or 1948. Sorry, it isnt so. You are creating a scapegoat to rationalize a long term behavior of intolerance.

Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45185 Dec 11, 2012
MUQ aka my Judging Fan,

You missed one of my posts

Please judge it

WE would hate to think you are getting sloppy
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45189 Dec 11, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/a... (gen).html
Violence Against Jews
At various times, Jews in Muslim lands were able to live in relative peace and thrive culturally and economically. The position of the Jews was never secure, however, and changes in the political or social climate would often lead to persecution, violence and death. Jews were generally viewed with contempt by their Muslim neighbors; peaceful coexistence between the two groups involved the subordination and degradation of the Jews.
When Jews were perceived as having achieved too comfortable a position in Islamic society, anti-Semitism would surface, often with devastating results: On December 30, 1066, Joseph HaNagid, the Jewish vizier of Granada, Spain, was crucified by an Arab mob that proceeded to raze the Jewish quarter of the city and slaughter its 5,000 inhabitants. The riot was incited by Muslim preachers who had angrily objected to what they saw as inordinate Jewish political power.
Similarly, in 1465, Arab mobs in Fez slaughtered thousands of Jews, leaving only 11 alive, after a Jewish deputy vizier treated a Muslim woman in "an offensive manner." The killings touched off a wave of similar massacres throughout Morocco.(6)
Other mass murders of Jews in Arab lands occurred in Morocco in the 8th century, where whole communities were wiped out by Muslim ruler Idris I; North Africa in the 12th century, where the Almohads either forcibly converted or decimated several communities; Libya in 1785, where Ali Burzi Pasha murdered hundreds of Jews; Algiers, where Jews were massacred in 1805, 1815 and 1830 and Marrakesh, Morocco, where more than 300 hundred Jews were murdered between 1864 and 1880.(7)
Decrees ordering the destruction of synagogues were enacted in Egypt and Syria (1014, 1293-4, 1301-2), Iraq (854-859, 1344) and Yemen (1676). Despite the Koran's prohibition, Jews were forced to convert to Islam or face death in Yemen (1165 and 1678), Morocco (1275, 1465 and 1790-92) and Baghdad (1333 and 1344).(8)
As distinguished Orientalist G.E. von Grunebaum has written:
It would not be difficult to put together the names of a very sizeable number of Jewish subjects or citizens of the Islamic area who have attained to high rank, to power, to great financial influence, to significant and recognized intellectual attainment; and the same could be done for Christians. But it would again not be difficult to compile a lengthy list of persecutions, arbitrary confiscations, attempted forced conversions, or pogroms.(9)
The situation of Jews in Arab lands reached a low point in the 19th century. Jews in most of North Africa (including Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Morocco) were forced to live in ghettos. In Morocco, which contained the largest Jewish community in the Islamic Diaspora, Jews were made to walk barefoot or wear shoes of straw when outside the ghetto. Even Muslim children participated in the degradation of Jews, by throwing stones at them or harassing them in other ways. The frequency of anti-Jewish violence increased, and many Jews were executed on charges of apostasy. Ritual murder accusations against the Jews became commonplace in the Ottoman Empire.(10)
rabbee: boy is that sure is a lot of crap, that wouldn't of happened. had this whole world been true to HaShem G-D here in TheStory of Creation again. that always results, in Adam being put to death, and returned as adam and his mate.

kind of makes you wonder, what really would have happened. had this whole world been true to G-D, here in ThisStory of Creation all along.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45191 Dec 11, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA tests for relatedness -
You are going around circles again - this has been all been explained to you before. Do you have an IQ of a kindergardener? I am starting to think so.
Is Jamaican science stuck in the 1950s?
Frijoles---DNA tests for relatedness

HughBe--- I take it that your point is counter to those that I have made about DNA and RACE.

OK then Chief of the MORONIC order, your DNA tests are done to determine those who are RELATED in terms of RELIGIOUS beliefs and not BIOLOGICALLY or RACIALLY.

Get hence you self-deceing DUNCE. Study the points below and try to understand them. Here is a secret EVERYBODY knows what I have spoken about except you and those of your MORONIC order.

Tell people to stop talking about the OUTDATED concept of Jewish NOSE. There is no such thing. The BIOLOGY is outdated. The religion of the rabbis or the new GOD has taken over.

Tell those who are testing for JEWISH DNA to STOP as it will ONLY reveal the OUTDATED concept of RACE.

Since RACE is OUTDATED there is no need for YOU and your masters to speak in terms of LINEAGE. Focus on God and FORGET about being descended from Abraham. Focus on the RELIGION and not the BIOLOGY/outdated race.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45192 Dec 11, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What is OUR language? You are not Jewish so I dont know what language I have in common with you.
Which covenant? there were several. At some point, there was the creation of a Jewish PEOPLE.
Why did you become a Christian?
Listen here Chief, of the order of MORONS, answer my post below and STOP dodging it.

Did God make a covenant with the JEWS?

Did the Jews have an EXISTENCE as Jews at the time of the covenant with God?

If not who did God make the covenant with?

What is your TWISTED definition of an Israelite?

Other outstanding matters.

1.List the ethnic groups in the US.

2. The Jews who do not speak OUR language are they "apart" or "a part" of OUR ethnic group?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45193 Dec 11, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- I take it that your point is counter to those that I have made about DNA and RACE.
OK then Chief of the MORONIC order, your DNA tests are done to determine those who are RELATED in terms of RELIGIOUS beliefs and not BIOLOGICALLY or RACIALLY.
Get hence you self-deceing DUNCE. Study the points below and try to understand them. Here is a secret EVERYBODY knows what I have spoken about except you and those of your MORONIC order.
Tell people to stop talking about the OUTDATED concept of Jewish NOSE. There is no such thing. The BIOLOGY is outdated. The religion of the rabbis or the new GOD has taken over.
Tell those who are testing for JEWISH DNA to STOP as it will ONLY reveal the OUTDATED concept of RACE.
Since RACE is OUTDATED there is no need for YOU and your masters to speak in terms of LINEAGE. Focus on God and FORGET about being descended from Abraham. Focus on the RELIGION and not the BIOLOGY/outdated race.
You sound angry

Not getting any?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45194 Dec 11, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen here Chief, of the order of MORONS, answer my post below and STOP dodging it.
Did God make a covenant with the JEWS?
Did the Jews have an EXISTENCE as Jews at the time of the covenant with God?
If not who did God make the covenant with?
What is your TWISTED definition of an Israelite?
Other outstanding matters.
1.List the ethnic groups in the US.
2. The Jews who do not speak OUR language are they "apart" or "a part" of OUR ethnic group?
I reply when I feel like it.

Lately, your posts have been so stupid, and/or so rehashed, that frankly they dont deserve the satisfaction of a reply.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45195 Dec 11, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything to you is an argument

mellow out

I keep telling you that race is an outdated concept as a way to bring your discourse up to speed with science

Relatedness is a operationalized concept. I.E. applicable to scientific inquiry. Race is broad and not really amenable to science. We have been down this road of discussion before.

Membership in the Jewish peoplehood can be attained va relatedness (i.e. born into) or by appointment (i.e. conversion). These are not "either/or", they are scale dependent concepts, i.e. they depend upon the time and size of sample.

Please dont call me a dunce anymore, it only makes you look more foolish.

Your jesus loves you.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45196 Dec 11, 2012
Former--Of cours I've seen people talking to graves/coffins/cars/refrigerat ors etc..........power tools....so what?

HughBe-- So it is not an unheard of thing as you previously made it out to be.

Former--Show me where I said that.

HughBe-- You need to be conscious of the things that you write. Go back and look it up for yourself.

Former--I said one can talk to anything, like a rock. Doesn't mean anyone can hear you.

HughBe--- Tell me where I said that when YOU talk to a rock it can hear? I tell you this right now, when I talk to the Rock it is heard.

Former--Creating imaginary friends and beings can also be a sign of mental illness.

HughBe--- I note CAN in your words and suggest that you look up its meaning. I tell you this denying the usefulness of IMAGINATION is the hallmark of a MORON.

Former--If you were to tell a shrink that your relative was speaking to an imaginary friend, he might suspect illness.

HughBe-- That is why YOUR shrink is BRAINLESS and SICK.

Learn this, children worldwide have IMAGINARY friends and they are NOT sick. Your sick shrinks in their PERVERTED and SICK minds sanctified homosexuality so that they can INDULGE in it.

Former--If one imagine that friend talking back, that would pretty well seal the diagnosis.

HughBe-- playing in SHit and RIMMING "pretty well seal the diagnosis" that your shrinks and all like them are SICK mentally.

Former--But food sustains life. Religion does not.

HughBe-- You would be surprised that if there was no religion life would disappear.

Former--I'm willing to give it a try.

HughBe--- Charateristic of you, you are willing to try anything.

Former--A neuroscientist would explain to you that our deepest thoughts, aspirations and emotions are merely electrically charged chemical reactions.

HughBe-- do you believe this?

Former--It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of science.

HughBe--- Do YOU believe the science?

Former--Are you going to tell me a fairy tale?

HughBe--- Why should I, you already have your own fairy tale.

Former--Do you consider yourself to be homophobic?

HughBe--- I Consider and KNOW that the word homophobic is very much like the activities i.e. a PERVERSION of nature and TRUTH.
Learn this, PHOBIA is an IRRATIONAL FEAR. Now PERVERTS twist the meaning to suit their NASTY ways. I have no fear of homosexuals and I do not dislike them but their sexual activities are WRONG.

Former--I'll take that as a yes.

HughBe--- I know that you lack understanding among other things, your YES confirms that.

Former--Try opening up your heart to those who are different from you.

HughBe--- good point and I do open up my heart to those who are different; nationally, racially, religiously, sexually, culturally etc. I open up to you and my boy Frijoles to name a few. Note, I genuinely like both of you half-wits.

Now, may I suggest that YOU try CLOSING your A... and only open your heart and arms to others.

Former--You will recieve many gifts.

HughBe--- The ONLY gifts that I want are from God.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45197 Dec 11, 2012
What is Race? http://www.culturediversity.org/what%20is%20r...

Though many definitions exist, there appears to be no established agreement on any scientific definition of race.

What we do find though, is the general belief among the scientific community that race has no biological or natural basis and that the "race" related physical variations found in humans have no real significance except for the social/cultural importance put on them by people.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Race
The notion of race is nearly as problematic from a scientific point of view as it is from a social one.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_ (human_classification)#Complic ations_and_various_definitions _of_the_concept
It is demonstrated that race has no biological or genetic basis: gross morphological features which traditionally has been defined as races (e.g. skin color) are determined by non-significant and superficial genetic alleles with no link to any characteristics, such as intelligence, talent, athletic ability, etc. Race has been socially and legally constructed despite the lack of any scientific evidence for dividing humanity into racial baskets with any generalized genetic meaning.[11][12][13][14]
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45198 Dec 11, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogical_DNA...

A genealogical DNA test looks at a person's genetic code at specific locations. Results give information about genealogy or personal ancestry. Generally, these tests compare the results of an individual to others from the same lineage or to current and historic ethnic groups....

....The Cohanim (or Kohanim) is a patrilineal priestly line of descent in Judaism. According to the Bible, the ancestor of the Cohanim is Aaron, brother of Moses.....Resolution may be increased by the testing of more than six Y-STR markers. For some, this could help to establish RELATEDNESS to particular recent Cohen clusters....

(emphasis added)
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45199 Dec 11, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about Tay–Sachs disease?

Is that just a myth?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45200 Dec 11, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen here Chief, of the order of MORONS, answer my post below and STOP dodging it...
Is this the way Jesus would have addressed his fellow man?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45201 Dec 11, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about Tay–Sachs disease?
Is that just a myth?
Thats not what he is arguing. He believes in "race' i.e. heredity. He is attacking me for the sake of attacking.

He is being so stubborn and stupid that he doesnt realize I am not arguiing against him. All I am trying to do is to bring his notions up to date to the 20th (and perhaps 21th) century.

Confounding this is the notion in the back of his head that if he concedes we are talking about relatedness, then Jewish people CAN be an ethnicity after all - which is anathema to his religious views - because he doesnt recognize ethno-religious - its an either/or for him.

But we havetn gotten to that yet.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45202 Dec 11, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the way Jesus would have addressed his fellow man?
Would Jesus see his fellow man as a DUNCE?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45203 Dec 11, 2012
there has never been, more than one solution. to all the troubles of, alleged unfairness and inequities of this world. and anything else, shall only create more of your own nightmares in idolitry.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45204 Dec 11, 2012
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45205 Dec 11, 2012
HughBe wrote:
Former--I said one can talk to anything, like a rock. Doesn't mean anyone can hear you.
HughBe--- Tell me where I said that when YOU talk to a rock it can hear? I tell you this right now, when I talk to the Rock it is heard.
Do you know this simply you because this is how your FEEL? Like you feel you like ice cream, therefore it is true?

Women's intuition?
HughBe wrote:
Former--Creating imaginary friends and beings can also be a sign of mental illness.
HughBe--- I note CAN in your words and suggest that you look up its meaning. I tell you this denying the usefulness of IMAGINATION is the hallmark of a MORON.
Imagination is fine. So is reality.

The key to mental health is knowing the difference.

Someone who talks to an imaginary man up in the sky:

psychosis
: fundamental derangement of the mind (as in schizophrenia) characterized by defective or lost contact with reality especially as evidenced by delusions, hallucinations, and disorganized speech and behavior

I'm not saying this DOES apply. I'm just saying that if you told a doctor of this situation, he might think it applies.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe-- That is why YOUR shrink is BRAINLESS and SICK.
Learn this, children worldwide have IMAGINARY friends and they are NOT sick. Your sick shrinks in their PERVERTED and SICK minds sanctified homosexuality so that they can INDULGE in it.
Are you a child? Or childlike?

Why does everything come back to homosexuality with you? Are you obeseesed? Bi-curious perhaps?
HughBe wrote:
Former--If one imagine that friend talking back, that would pretty well seal the diagnosis.
HughBe-- playing in SHit and RIMMING "pretty well seal the diagnosis" that your shrinks and all like them are SICK mentally.
"Rimming?" Please expalain.

I think Frijoles nailed it. You sound particlarly sexually frustrated today.
HughBe wrote:
Former--But food sustains life. Religion does not.
HughBe-- You would be surprised that if there was no religion life would disappear.
Former--I'm willing to give it a try.
HughBe--- Charateristic of you, you are willing to try anything.
I've been "trying" no religion for at least 35 years.(I haven't really tried the other thing; have you?)
HughBe wrote:
Former--A neuroscientist would explain to you that our deepest thoughts, aspirations and emotions are merely electrically charged chemical reactions.
HughBe-- do you believe this?
Former--It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of science.
HughBe--- Do YOU believe the science?
I take it for what it is. I believe in gravity, don't you?
HughBe wrote:
Former--Try opening up your heart to those who are different from you.
HughBe--- good point and I do open up my heart to those who are different; nationally, racially, religiously, sexually, culturally etc. I open up to you and my boy Frijoles to name a few. Note, I genuinely like both of you half-wits.
We like you too, Huggybear. Or otherwise we wouldn't spend time chatting with you.

We also realize that you need to be protected.

:)

You are "special."
HughBe wrote:
Now, may I suggest that YOU try CLOSING your A... and only open your heart and arms to others.
Former--You will recieve many gifts.
HughBe--- The ONLY gifts that I want are from God.
There you go ahead. It seems to be all about bungholes with you.

Do you leave milk and cookies out for your god?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45206 Dec 11, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
....There you go ahead. It seems to be all about bungholes with you.[To Huggy of course]
There you go AGAIN......

How did I get THAT famous Ronald Reagan quip wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min The_Box 305,487
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min the Don 307,500
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,384
CHICAGO: 5-Dead, 42-Wounded In the 2014 Labor D... 34 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 39 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 2,902
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 42 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 14,864
Debate: Ferguson - New York, NY 48 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 66
•••

Air Quality Alert for Queens County was issued at September 02 at 10:14AM EDT

•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000