Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,008)

Showing posts 40,141 - 40,160 of68,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry my previous comment was for Frijoles.
Now this is for you. Based on your INTENT are YOU an American or an Israeli or Israelite?
If you are an American, I am one too. I am also an Israelite. Both by intent.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know Huggybear....
Frijoles stated he thought you were "reasonably intelligent" and I would really like to believe that.
But when you write things like the above.
Read on:
The Jews (Hebrew: &#1497;&#1456;&#14 92;&#1493;&#1468;& #1491;&#1460;&#1497; &#1501; ISO 259-3 Yehudim Israeli pronunciation [jehu&#712;dim]), also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and an ethnoreligious group, originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation.[3}
An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also unified by a common religious background. Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity neither exclusively by ancestral heritage nor simply by religious affiliation, but often through a combination of both[citation needed](a long shared history; a cultural tradition of its own; either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors; a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group; a common literature peculiar to the group; a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups; being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community).[citation needed]
Examples of ethnic groups defined by ancestral religions are the Jews, the Druze of the Levant, the Copts of Egypt, the Yazidi of northern Iraq, the Zoroastrians of Iran and India, and the Serer of Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania.[1]
Former---I don't know Huggybear....

HughBe--- You are CORRECT that you don't know and that is why you should take it from he who knows, me.

FORMER---The Jews (Hebrew: &#1497;&#1456;&#14 92;&#1493;&#1468;& #1491;&#1460;&#1497; &#1501; ISO 259-3 Yehudim Israeli pronunciation [jehu&#712;dim]), also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and an ethnoreligious group, originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation.[3}.....

HughBe--- Listen closely and well. Don't believe every BS that you read. This "ethnoreligious" is BS. The Israelites existed for HUNDREDS of years BEFORE they got "Judaism" and even after they got "Judaism" they did not follow it. Those are the FACTS. So cut the BS.

Have you every heard of the 10 tribes of Israel? If yes ask those MORONS who you have quoted what was there RELIGION?

Ask the overlords or god-men of Judaism the same question and ask them if the 10 TRIBES were Israel and what makes them Israel? This whole thing is a LIE and a means of mentally ENSLAVING the Jewish people.

Again, please take your time and STUDY the TRUTH. Being Jewish is BIOLOGY it has NEVER been anything more. Being Indian etc. is BIOLOGY it has NEVER been anything more.

Religious beliefs and covenants are another matter.

Why use DNA testing if not to determine RACE? Why the importance of saying that Israel descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob if it is not RACE?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I gather you still havent figured out what a Yankee is.
I SEE that you are still deceiving yourself, you unpatriotic American.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You responded to NONE of my points or questions because you have no response other than to reapeat your same old xxxxxxxx.
First off. This isn't about history. It's about religious beliefs.
You may believe your relgion is a matter of fact, but guess what? Lots of folks do. Doesn't make it so.
This is why we call it faith - belief without proof.
We all agree that early Christians started out as Jews.
This proves nothing.
Do you have any other arguments or are we done here?
BS. There is NOTHING that you can come with that I cannot handle so cut the BS.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
This "ethnoreligious" is BS. The Israelites existed for HUNDREDS of years BEFORE they got "Judaism"...
Really?

According to the Jewish sacred writings, WHICH BECAME THE HEBREW BIBLE, Jews are descended from the ancient people of Israel who settled in the land of Canaan, located between the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River (1451 BCE). The Children of Israel shared a lineage through their common ancestors, Abraham, his son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob, Hebrews whose nomadic travels centered around Hebron somewhere between 1991 and 1706 BCE, apparently leading to the establishment of the Cave of the Patriarchs as their burial site in Hebron. The Children of Israel consisted of twelve tribes, each descended from one of Jacob's twelve sons, Reuven, Shimon, Levi, Yehuda, Yissachar, Zevulun, Dan, Gad, Naftali, Asher, Yosef, and Benyamin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_history#A...
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Being Jewish is BIOLOGY it has NEVER been anything more. Being Indian etc. is BIOLOGY it has NEVER been anything more.
You can call yourself of Jewish descent if you claim to have Jewish blood. I have no problem with that.

Is that what you call yourslf? And why?

I don't know the name of your particular religious cult. Is that a secret? I've asked before.

Some sort of quasi-Christian splinter group I would think. Probably not important enough to be dangerous.

For you to say that being Jewish has never been associated with Judaism is patently absurd.

One of the oldest ethnoreligius groups in the world. Probably the oldest.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you every heard of the 10 tribes of Israel? If yes ask those MORONS who you have quoted what was there RELIGION?
Looks like it was 12 tribes.

Makes one wonder what else you're wrong about.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
According to the Jewish sacred writings, WHICH BECAME THE HEBREW BIBLE, Jews are descended from the ancient people of Israel who settled in the land of Canaan, located between the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River (1451 BCE). The Children of Israel shared a lineage through their common ancestors, Abraham, his son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob, Hebrews whose nomadic travels centered around Hebron somewhere between 1991 and 1706 BCE, apparently leading to the establishment of the Cave of the Patriarchs as their burial site in Hebron. The Children of Israel consisted of twelve tribes, each descended from one of Jacob's twelve sons, Reuven, Shimon, Levi, Yehuda, Yissachar, Zevulun, Dan, Gad, Naftali, Asher, Yosef, and Benyamin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_history#A...
<quoted text>
You can call yourself of Jewish descent if you claim to have Jewish blood. I have no problem with that.
Is that what you call yourslf? And why?
I don't know the name of your particular religious cult. Is that a secret? I've asked before.
Some sort of quasi-Christian splinter group I would think. Probably not important enough to be dangerous.
For you to say that being Jewish has never been associated with Judaism is patently absurd.
One of the oldest ethnoreligius groups in the world. Probably the oldest.
HughBe--- This "ethnoreligious" is BS. The Israelites existed for HUNDREDS of years BEFORE they got "Judaism"...

Former--Really?

HughBe--- Really!!! Your own quote supports it. Note the emphasis on LINEAGE or BIOLOGY. Note LINEAGE has to do with RACE. It does not speak to BEHAVIOUR or beliefs. "The Children of Israel shared a LINEAGE(RACE) through their common ancestors, Abraham, his son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob, Hebrews whose nomadic travels centered around Hebron somewhere between 1991 and 1706 BCE,.."

Former---You can call yourself of Jewish descent if you claim to have Jewish blood. I have no problem with that.

hughBe-- I make no claim, I declare the FACTS. There is no need to claim the reality.

Former--Is that what you call yourslf? And why?

HughBe-- I am of mixed heritage. I don't call myself Jewish and I have NEVER done so but I was NEVER ashamed of my Jewish blood.

Former--I don't know the name of your particular religious cult. Is that a secret? I've asked before.

HughBe--- look in your drawers for cult. My religion is not a secret and is found in the scriptures.

Former--For you to say that being Jewish has never been associated with Judaism is patently absurd.

HughBe--- Do you what is absurd and laughable? Is it the fact that I have explained it so many times and it keeps going over your head. Tell me who was the first Jew and then tell me if he had Judaism. Tell me about the Judaism of the Israel of the exodus meaning while they were in Egypt.

Please THINK it is starting to hurt me in my ....

Former--One of the oldest ethnoreligius groups in the world. Probably the oldest.

HughBe--- Tell me the religion of the 10 tribes who went into CAPITIVITY. Open your mind and close your mouth then you shall learn.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well i would say, there were a lot more than twelve, becase of Efreeeem, Manassah, along with the rest of the multitude of other tribes, that left egypt including egyptians.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The largest Abrahamic religions are, in order, Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Other Abrahamic religions include Druze and Baha'i Faith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religi...

So Huggy, you may rightfully claim you follow an Abrahamic relgion, but not Judaism.

Don't be upset.

Just be happy to live and learn.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--Have you every heard of the 10 tribes of Israel? If yes ask those MORONS who you have quoted what was there RELIGION?

Former--Looks like it was 12 tribes.

HughBe--- Only in your head. I am speaking about the 10 Northern tribes who were PERPETUALLY in IDOLATRY. In other words they did not follow "Judaism" .

Former--Makes one wonder what else you're wrong about

HughBe--- No need to wonder, I'm wrong in assuming that you know basic things about the subject matter.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
The largest Abrahamic religions are, in order, Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Other Abrahamic religions include Druze and Baha'i Faith.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religi...
I could NEVER follow Judaism, it is man-made. I follow the inspired words of the scriptures.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

p2003

HughBe---if the truth be told the fabricated doctrines of the rabbis are esteeemed ABOVE the scriptures.

"The Talmud OUTSTRIPS even the Bible in influence and importance. Explicating and building upon the Torah's laws, stories, and ideas, the Talmud also lay the groundwork for new religious sensibilities that stressed scholarship and were attuned to the needs of the Jews in the Diaspora."

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/texts/Rabbini ...

----------

Proof---Raba made the following exposition: What is the purport of the Scriptural text: And, furthermore my son, be admonished: Of making many books etc.? My son, be MORE careful in [the observance of] the words of the Scribes than in the words of the Torah, for in the laws of the Torah there are positive and negative precepts; but, as to the laws of the Scribes, whoever transgresses any of the enactments of the Scribes incurs the penalty of death. In case you should object: If they are of real value why were they not recorded [in the Torah]? Scripture stated:‘Of making many books there is no end’

http://jewishroots.net/library/anti_missionar ...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Your own quote supports it. Note the emphasis on LINEAGE or BIOLOGY. Note LINEAGE has to do with RACE. It does not speak to BEHAVIOUR or beliefs.
How far back do we need to go to convince you?

The ancient roots of Judaism lie in the Bronze Age polytheistic Ancient Semitic religions, specifically Canaanite religion, a syncretization with elements of Zoroastrianism and of the worship of Yahweh reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew Bible. During the Babylonian captivity of the 6th and 5th centuries BCE, certain circles within the exiled Judahites in Babylon redefined pre-existing ideas about monotheism, election, divine law and Covenant into a theology which came to dominate the former Judah in the following centuries.

From the 5th century BCE until 70 CE, Israelite religion developed into the various theological schools of Second Temple Judaism, besides Hellenistic Judaism in the diaspora. The text of the Hebrew Bible was redacted into its extant form in this period and possibly also canonized as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai...
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe-- I am of mixed heritage. I don't call myself Jewish and I have NEVER done so but I was NEVER ashamed of my Jewish blood.
Ok, part Jewish. Do you talk with you hands?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- look in your drawers for cult. My religion is not a secret and is found in the scriptures.
My dresser drawers??

Will you again refuse to name your religion?

Are you ashamed?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Do you what is absurd and laughable? Is it the fact that I have explained it so many times and it keeps going over your head. Tell me who was the first Jew and then tell me if he had Judaism. Tell me about the Judaism of the Israel of the exodus meaning while they were in Egypt.
Who was the first Jew?

I don't know who was the first Christian either?

Or the first gay Jamaican?
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Tell me the religion of the 10 tribes who went into CAPITIVITY. Open your mind and close your mouth then you shall learn.
Somebody had to start things off.

Do you not credit the early pioneers of world relgions.

You would deny them their accomplishments.

Just what is your point anyway?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Former, hurry-up and post I need to bruise you before I go.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--Have you every heard of the 10 tribes of Israel? If yes ask those MORONS who you have quoted what was there RELIGION?
Former--Looks like it was 12 tribes.
HughBe--- Only in your head. I am speaking about the 10 Northern tribes who were PERPETUALLY in IDOLATRY. In other words they did not follow "Judaism" .
Former--Makes one wonder what else you're wrong about
HughBe--- No need to wonder, I'm wrong in assuming that you know basic things about the subject matter.
Oh!

You mean the "10 LOST Tribes of Israel!"

You should have said so.

Now, what was your question again?

Frijoles would know much more about all this than me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are an American, I am one too. I am also an Israelite. Both by intent.
If he is not then you are NOT an American. You should let the US government know about your status.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I could NEVER follow Judaism, it is man-made. I follow the inspired words of the scriptures.
Evey religion is man-made, you moron.

Who do you think wrote the scriptures? God? You slay me!

You think just because they are old, or "written in stone" - that makes them written by God?

You are to funny for words.

Voltaire:
If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated.

Huggy, if you don't practice Judaism and you don't claim to be Jewish, then just what is your issue?

Why do you deny Jews their religion?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
How far back do we need to go to convince you?
The ancient roots of Judaism lie in the Bronze Age polytheistic Ancient Semitic religions, specifically Canaanite religion, a syncretization with elements of Zoroastrianism and of the worship of Yahweh reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew Bible. During the Babylonian captivity of the 6th and 5th centuries BCE, certain circles within the exiled Judahites in Babylon redefined pre-existing ideas about monotheism, election, divine law and Covenant into a theology which came to dominate the former Judah in the following centuries.
From the 5th century BCE until 70 CE, Israelite religion developed into the various theological schools of Second Temple Judaism, besides Hellenistic Judaism in the diaspora. The text of the Hebrew Bible was redacted into its extant form in this period and possibly also canonized as well...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Judai...
<quoted text>
Ok, part Jewish. Do you talk with you hands?
<quoted text>
My dresser drawers??
Will you again refuse to name your religion?
Are you ashamed?
<quoted text>
Who was the first Jew?
I don't know who was the first Christian either?
Or the first gay Jamaican?
<quoted text>
Somebody had to start things off.
Do you not credit the early pioneers of world relgions.
You would deny them their accomplishments.
Just what is your point anyway?
Former---Just what is your point anyway?

HughBe--- you talk too much BS. For example, "The ancient ROOTS of Judaism lie in the Bronze Age polytheistic Ancient Semitic RELIGIONS, specifically CANAANITE religion, a syncretization with elements of Zoroastrianism and of the worship of Yahweh reflected in the early prophetic books of the Hebrew Bible"

Based on scripture God gave Moses and Israel His Laws etc. Israel was to be a peculiar people a holy nation etc. and this would not have become a reality by LEARNING the ways of the non-Jewish goyim.

Do you know what the word PECULIAR means?

Later and take care.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Evey religion is man-made, you moron.
Who do you think wrote the scriptures? God? You slay me!
You think just because they are old, or "written in stone" - that makes them written by God?
You are to funny for words.
Voltaire:
If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated.
Huggy, if you don't practice Judaism and you don't claim to be
Jewish, then just what is your issue?
Why do you deny Jews their religion?
Former--Who do you think wrote the scriptures? God? You slay me!

HughBe--My dear, the scribe is not necessarily the Author. Do you understand?

Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,141 - 40,160 of68,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min Stop Global Warming 45,445
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr NYStateOfMind 305,249
A Real Taste of Filipino Home-Cooking Comes to ... 1 hr I_am_Belisarius 6
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr andre 10,156
HP2-Z26 practice exam 4 hr passfine123 1
DS-200sample study guide 4 hr passfine123 1
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 4 hr Unhappy Customer 5,214
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs