Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Com...
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#1281 Feb 15, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run!!!!
Senate Republicans temporarily blocked the nomination of Chuck Hagel as secretary defense on Thursday, mounting enough votes to maintain a filibuster requring 60 votes to proceed to final confirmation. The vote was 58 votes in favor, 40 opposed, and one senator voting "present."
Several Republican senators, including Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC), said they planned to vote against cloture this week in order to allow more time to review Hagel's record. They indicated that they would move to end debate, even if ultimately opposed to Hagel, after the Senate returns from the 10-day Presidents' Day recess.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) will try to again move forward on Hagel's nomination on February 26th.
"Democrats will continue to fight for Senator Hagel, and we will reconsider his nomination in the coming days," Reid said in a statement. "Some Republican senators have said that they will change their votes, and allow his nomination to proceed at some point in the future. I will take them at their word, and I will hold them to their pledge.”
Hagel looked like a fool at the hearings, and could barely put together two coherent sentences. The fact that his former colleagues are giving him such a hard time, as well as his record, doesn't speak well of his ability to do the job as Secretary of Defense if he is even confirmed.
Logic

United States

#1282 Feb 16, 2013
Why did hagel get a pass until Obama pick him?
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#1283 Feb 18, 2013
Logic wrote:
Ask the voters who elected him to the Senate.

Then he was just another RINO - no news.

Now Obama wants a Republican SecDef for political cover while he guts the US military, destroys our alliance with Israel, & gives away the store to Putin & Medvedev in nuclear disarmament negotiations.

Not to mention having a pacifist SecDef who with sit obediently mute and while Obama lets Iran and N. Korea go nuclear, and continues to preside over the US's loss of its position in the ME.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#1284 Feb 18, 2013
* ... who will sit ...
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1286 Feb 18, 2013
Logic wrote:
Just as with anything else, if President Obama is for it, the GOPuke dirtbags are against it.
Weren't they not too long ago singing the praises of Hagel, saying what a great senator he was and his war hero status?
The GOPukes are hypocrites and full of it.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1287 Feb 18, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run!!!!
Senate Republicans temporarily blocked the nomination of Chuck Hagel as secretary defense on Thursday, mounting enough votes to maintain a filibuster requring 60 votes to proceed to final confirmation. The vote was 58 votes in favor, 40 opposed, and one senator voting "present."
Several Republican senators, including Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC), said they planned to vote against cloture this week in order to allow more time to review Hagel's record. They indicated that they would move to end debate, even if ultimately opposed to Hagel, after the Senate returns from the 10-day Presidents' Day recess.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) will try to again move forward on Hagel's nomination on February 26th.
"Democrats will continue to fight for Senator Hagel, and we will reconsider his nomination in the coming days," Reid said in a statement. "Some Republican senators have said that they will change their votes, and allow his nomination to proceed at some point in the future. I will take them at their word, and I will hold them to their pledge.”
They're scum.
Hagel will be confirmed by the senate, so all those GOPuke scumbags did was waste time.
Don't worry, they will be voted out in 2014, the country has grown tired of them and their BS.
They're not doing their job for the American people and need to go so others will do the job they were elected to do; serve the best interests of America, not play partisan politics.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#1288 Feb 18, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't they not too long ago singing the praises of Hagel, saying what a great senator he was and his war hero status?
Oh, you think they were?? Interesting.

Prove it - link your evidence of this.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1289 Feb 18, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Media footage doesn't lie.
Just because it wasn't shown on Faux News does not make it not true.
The burden of proof is on you.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#1290 Feb 18, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Media footage doesn't lie.
Just because it wasn't shown on Faux News does not make it not true.
The burden of proof is on you.
Actually, it's on you, because you made the statement. Now back it up.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#1291 Feb 19, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it's on you, because you made the statement. Now back it up.
Exactly correct.

But don't hold your breath waiting on this deadbeat microcephalic - she has yet to back up any of the rubbish she's posted.
ZCs

New York, NY

#1292 Feb 20, 2013
Run!!!!!!!

Rubio is coming!!!

Run!!!!!!!!!!

Some commentators have expressed surprise upon learning about the very conservative voting record of Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, who delivered the Republican response to the State of the Union address last week.

Since winning his Senate seat, Mr. Rubio has generally sided with other Republicans as part of a party that has steadily grown more conservative over the last three decades.(Mr. Rubio’s recent support for immigration reform is more of an exception than his usual rule of sticking to the party line.)

Being reliably conservative, however, is hardly a liability for someone who might hope to win the Republican presidential nomination in 2016. Indeed, one reason to watch Mr. Rubio carefully is that, among the candidates who will be deemed reliably conservative by Republican voters and insiders, he may stand the best chance of maintaining a reasonably good image with general election voters.

How does Mr. Rubio’s conservatism compare to the other men and women who might seek the Republican nomination in 2016 — and to other candidates, like Mitt Romney, that the G.O.P. has nominated recently?

There are several statistical methods that seek to rate candidates’ ideology on a left-right scale. FiveThirtyEight uses three of these methods in evaluating the ideology of Senate candidates as part of our technique for forecasting those races. The same methods can be applied to presidential candidates.

The first of these systems, DW-Nominate, is based upon a candidate’s voting record in the Congress. The second method, developed by Adam Bonica, a Stanford University political scientist, makes inferences about a candidate’s ideology based on the groups and individuals who have contributed to his campaign. The third method, from the Web site OnTheIssues.org , works by indexing public statements made by the candidate on a variety of major policy issues.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1293 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1294 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly correct.
But don't hold your breath waiting on this deadbeat microcephalic - she has yet to back up any of the rubbish she's posted.
More Drama Queen BS.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1295 Feb 20, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run!!!!!!!
Rubio is coming!!!
Run!!!!!!!!!!
Some commentators have expressed surprise upon learning about the very conservative voting record of Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, who delivered the Republican response to the State of the Union address last week.
Since winning his Senate seat, Mr. Rubio has generally sided with other Republicans as part of a party that has steadily grown more conservative over the last three decades.(Mr. Rubio’s recent support for immigration reform is more of an exception than his usual rule of sticking to the party line.)
Being reliably conservative, however, is hardly a liability for someone who might hope to win the Republican presidential nomination in 2016. Indeed, one reason to watch Mr. Rubio carefully is that, among the candidates who will be deemed reliably conservative by Republican voters and insiders, he may stand the best chance of maintaining a reasonably good image with general election voters.
How does Mr. Rubio’s conservatism compare to the other men and women who might seek the Republican nomination in 2016 — and to other candidates, like Mitt Romney, that the G.O.P. has nominated recently?
There are several statistical methods that seek to rate candidates’ ideology on a left-right scale. FiveThirtyEight uses three of these methods in evaluating the ideology of Senate candidates as part of our technique for forecasting those races. The same methods can be applied to presidential candidates.
The first of these systems, DW-Nominate, is based upon a candidate’s voting record in the Congress. The second method, developed by Adam Bonica, a Stanford University political scientist, makes inferences about a candidate’s ideology based on the groups and individuals who have contributed to his campaign. The third method, from the Web site OnTheIssues.org , works by indexing public statements made by the candidate on a variety of major policy issues.
Rubio?

You're making me laugh.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#1296 Feb 20, 2013
ILAL of the Topix Racist 3 Stooges wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen.
Translation: "I got nuthin.' "
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#1297 Feb 20, 2013
ILAL of the Topix Racist 3 Stooges wrote:
<quoted text>
More Drama Queen BS.
Translation: "I STILL got nuthin'- and never have."
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1298 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "I got nuthin.' "
You're a Drama Queen nobody.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#1299 Feb 20, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: "I STILL got nuthin'- and never have."
Translation: " I'm still a Drama Queen - always was, always will be."
ZCS

New York, NY

#1300 Feb 21, 2013
RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Mccain RUN!!!!!!!!!!

The mother of a victim of the Aurora, Colo. movie theater massacre confronted Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) at a town hall Wednesday, urging him to support a ban on assault weapons.

"My 24-year-old son Alex was murdered in a movie theater in Colorado," Caren Teves said, according to KTVK. "These assault rifles allow the shooter to fire many rounds without having to reload. These weapons do not belong on our streets."

McCain responded:“I can tell you right now you need some straight talk. That assault weapons ban will not pass the Congress of the United States." McCain added that he is working on legislation that would keep guns out of the wrong hands while preserving the Second Amendment.
Just In

Bronx, NY

#1301 Feb 21, 2013
Approval ratings from the latest Bloomberg Poll:

Obama, 52%

GOP, 35%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 59 min jimi-yank 14,830
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 5 hr SirLiesAlot 5,402
News More Aug '17 Tina 5
joey d`s pizzeria (Aug '09) May '17 Lisa 3
News Don Rickles, legendary comic, dead at age 90 (Apr '17) Apr '17 He made me laugh 1
News The Complexities of Being Both Latino and Muslim (Dec '16) Dec '16 Nonlib 3
News Immigration Lawyers Fear the Worst, Face Anxiou... (Nov '16) Nov '16 sugarbear 44

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages