the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#35379 Apr 25, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
the smartest organization wouldn't touch him now; I'm using "smart" and "Mets" very lightly here
Don't forget Mamma talks to Sandy all the time according to him. lol....

“I only voted for Obama 1 time”

Since: Mar 12

Summerville, SC

#35380 Apr 25, 2013
What a game last night. I was in the suite with Sandy and we were chatting about who will come up next and be a star. Look around and soon a few of these dead weights will be gone. BIG IKE has had alot of chances and its good riddance for him if he does not get hot. I think the talk we gave to him helped as he hit a bomb today, the ball must have went 500 feet.
As for the Bobby V rumors, the guy is a winner no matter where he goes. He got stuck in a terrible situation in Boston. He stuck it out as he is as classy as they come. We would be lucky to see him in the great CITI.
Teams are still calling me left and right about our young pitchers and you might see Trout or Cargo soon. Sandy thinks Stanton, but the price is too high. Montero who I have told you about is what everyone wants. I will keep you posted.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#35381 Apr 25, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Don't forget Mamma talks to Sandy all the time according to him. lol....

as momma claims, he works for the mets and gets paid by them

he also claims to have a suite

all this can be verified in the yank forum

and it appears momma just came on with more of that...although he does have 2 profiles...one his racist one, the other his gay one...
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35382 Apr 26, 2013
Enough, already, with Ike Davis playing against LHPs! He couldn't hit them if he carried an oar up to the plate. Haven't we all see this act before? Let's face it, Lucas Duda has made a much better adjustment to facing southpaws than Ike has. Against lefties, Duda should play 1B and Collins should start Lagares, Cowgill and Byrd in the OF.

Doing the same thing over and over and yet expecting different results is insanity.

Veloz

“I only voted for Obama 1 time”

Since: Mar 12

Summerville, SC

#35383 Apr 26, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
Enough, already, with Ike Davis playing against LHPs! He couldn't hit them if he carried an oar up to the plate. Haven't we all see this act before? Let's face it, Lucas Duda has made a much better adjustment to facing southpaws than Ike has. Against lefties, Duda should play 1B and Collins should start Lagares, Cowgill and Byrd in the OF.
Doing the same thing over and over and yet expecting different results is insanity.
Veloz

Good post. Sandy and I have had it with BIG IKE. He is playing his way off the team. Your suggestions are exactly what we are thinking. The team is loaded with pitchers in the minors, watch this Montero kid. I expect a trade and maybe we can toss in BIG IKE.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#35384 Apr 26, 2013
momma chamberlan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. Sandy and I have had it with BIG IKE. He is playing his way off the team. Your suggestions are exactly what we are thinking. The team is loaded with pitchers in the minors, watch this Montero kid. I expect a trade and maybe we can toss in BIG IKE.
oh well mets lost the first series at home, didn't take long for it in 2013...

Big Ike is a BIG BUST....Mets MVP!
Tango

Phoenix, AZ

#35385 Apr 26, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Matt Harvey has no pulse when informed that Rick Sutcliffe and Aaron Boone called him the best pitcher in baseball during the Tampa-Juicekee game on ESPN last night Harveys response was 'that's nice I guess'...this kid is incredible and cool as a cucumber...during spring training Collins said he thought Matt would win 17 games Harveys response was 'I thought Terry had more confidence in me i'm thinking like 20'...he wins the NL Player of the Week his response 'That's good but i'd rather win player of the month' dosent get better then that....and to think they have 3 more down below as good or better just about ready for the jump to the 'show'
Hey fatso the Phils shut out the mutsies.....won't be long now until you quit on them you frontrunner fool.....
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35386 Apr 27, 2013
All eyes will be on Shawn Marcum today, but perhaps more attention should be paid to the Mets' anemic lineup. Terry can rearrange all the deck chairs he wants on the S.S. Amazin's, but nothing is going to avoid the iceberg of a losing streak unless and until the lineup starts producing some runs for the pitchers to work with.

Baseball teams go into collective slumps for reasons that continue to evade discovery. Sooner or later the boys in blue and orange will start to hit again. Let's hope that it's sooner.

Veloz

“Is this the best we have?”

Since: Aug 07

Emerald City

#35387 Apr 27, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
All eyes will be on Shawn Marcum today, but perhaps more attention should be paid to the Mets' anemic lineup. Terry can rearrange all the deck chairs he wants on the S.S. Amazin's, but nothing is going to avoid the iceberg of a losing streak unless and until the lineup starts producing some runs for the pitchers to work with.
Baseball teams go into collective slumps for reasons that continue to evade discovery. Sooner or later the boys in blue and orange will start to hit again. Let's hope that it's sooner.
Veloz
Anemic hitting isn't the only problem the Mets have Ed they also have three weak starters in Marcum, Gee, and Hefner. I would prefer they replace Hefner right now with either McHugh or Montero. Gee and Marcum are both recovering from injuries and may take time to come back to form, Gees last two starts weren't horrible but they weren't as good as he has been. Today they scored 4 runs and that should have be enough to win unless you are giving up 9. If this trend doesn't stop and Terry has to go to the pen early 3 of five games then he needs to bring up some young uninjured arms or by July we will be 40 games back. Those 3 starters better straighten out fast or they better be replaced fast.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#35388 Apr 27, 2013
Met Mad Hatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Anemic hitting isn't the only problem the Mets have Ed they also have three weak starters in Marcum, Gee, and Hefner. I would prefer they replace Hefner right now with either McHugh or Montero. Gee and Marcum are both recovering from injuries and may take time to come back to form, Gees last two starts weren't horrible but they weren't as good as he has been. Today they scored 4 runs and that should have be enough to win unless you are giving up 9. If this trend doesn't stop and Terry has to go to the pen early 3 of five games then he needs to bring up some young uninjured arms or by July we will be 40 games back. Those 3 starters better straighten out fast or they better be replaced fast.
Good post Hatter but not quite yet with the kids....think of this year as you would 1984..lot's of things being sorted out who stays who goes before they have the finished product...they won't rush the arms in a dry run year...we'll see them later for a taste of the show then next year the fun begins
Tango

Phoenix, AZ

#35389 Apr 27, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Good post Hatter but not quite yet with the kids....think of this year as you would 1984..lot's of things being sorted out who stays who goes before they have the finished product...they won't rush the arms in a dry run year...we'll see them later for a taste of the show then next year the fun begins
Hey moron.....the mutsies got clobbered by the Phillies again.....now have a losing record.......fading fast and furious fatso.......LMFAO
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35390 Apr 28, 2013
Whoops, looks like Sandy sent the wrong left-hander down! When a team is going bad, nothing seems to work the way they had hoped.

Now we get to see how Jon Niese rebounds from getting whacked in the leg during his last start. I'm almost afraid to watch today. Will this nightmare ever end? Probably not. Maybe the Mets need an exorcism or something. I'm ready to try voodoo.

Veloz

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#35391 Apr 28, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I saw some video of Marcum from earlier today....he looked spectacular....he's looking forward to New York

this is beyond funny

" he looked spectacular"

if anything, this should convince these posters you are full of shite..
Tango

Phoenix, AZ

#35392 Apr 28, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>I saw some video of Marcum from earlier today....he looked spectacular....he's looking forward to New York
In what way moron......getting lit up like a Christmas tree? LMFAO hey fatso he gave up 3 ER in 4 innings to Philly you clueless know nothing fool......now go cleanup the horseshit at Belmont you crackhead dope......
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#35393 Apr 28, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Good post Hatter but not quite yet with the kids....think of this year as you would 1984..lot's of things being sorted out who stays who goes before they have the finished product...they won't rush the arms in a dry run year...we'll see them later for a taste of the show then next year the fun begins
Hey fatso.....Phillies swept out the mutsies.....while the Yanks swept out the Jays......BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAA WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

“Is this the best we have?”

Since: Aug 07

Emerald City

#35394 Apr 28, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
I don't think there is too much sorting to do. If you are a little gun shy because of what happen to Pulsipher, Isringhausen, and Wilson I can understand that but times have changed and I think it is time to bring up some of the young flamethrowers because putting the pressure on Harvey to be the stopper all of the time is no good either. Hefner,and Marcum are not earning their keep. I believe Gee will turn it around but the other two I have doubts. I take my chances with the youngster McHugh and Montero.

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#35395 Apr 29, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> oh well mets lost the first series at home, didn't take long for it in 2013...
Big Ike is a BIG BUST....Mets MVP!
strange hitter; reminds me of Dave Kingman. Makes contact once a week and when he does, it hits the lighthouse in Montauk
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#35396 Apr 29, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
are you delusional or just a complete fool take a look at your lineup you got 3 hits and 8 SO, davis is hitting .169 no power no speed ...mets are worse this year 10-13 then they were last year..Outside of Murphy and Wright you got a bunch of slugs in the Lineup...This is a 4th place team again and ownership and the stooge GM needs to take responsibilty for this mess.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#35397 Apr 29, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
strange hitter; reminds me of Dave Kingman. Makes contact once a week and when he does, it hits the lighthouse in Montauk
lol to bad it only counts as one hit/HR..Send Ike to the minors and put Duda on first for 100-200 AB's...see the production improve.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#35400 Apr 29, 2013
Met Mad Hatter wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think there is too much sorting to do. If you are a little gun shy because of what happen to Pulsipher, Isringhausen, and Wilson I can understand that but times have changed and I think it is time to bring up some of the young flamethrowers because putting the pressure on Harvey to be the stopper all of the time is no good either. Hefner,and Marcum are not earning their keep. I believe Gee will turn it around but the other two I have doubts. I take my chances with the youngster McHugh and Montero.
Another good post Hatter....give Marcum a break his first game wasnt all bad coming off the injury, he'll be fine for what he's being used for...a seat warmer for the kids. McHugh might be a call-up but you can forget Montero, he's the jewell of the franchise and the player other teams ask for in all deals....Sandy just chuckles. Montero, Wheeler and Snyderagaard won't see the bigs until they are 100 percent ready for the show.....I cant wait for 2014 and beyond it's gonna be great

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bloomberg: Trump "risky, reckless and radical" 6 min He Named Me Black... 12
jets talk back (Dec '07) 17 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 11,757
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 19 min FuMan Chu Yanks 330,796
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 1 hr Bruser 8,319
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr State of Florida 12,384
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 14,991
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr rainmaker2016 15,896

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages