Ast. Principal Charged with Counterfeiting Money

Full story: wcbstv.com 17
The Manhattan DA's office said a husband and wife who live in Queens have been charged in connection with passing phony $10 bills.The woman, Mia Peebles-Anderson, 38, is an assistant principal at PS 270 on ... Full Story
around the way

Alexandria, VA

#4 Jan 27, 2007
I dont know why she would get nvolved with him in the first place
symone from corrona

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jan 28, 2007
matthew anderson and his brother mark anderson are both criminals and have been their entire lives. anyone who knows them knows that they have been in and out of jail all of their adult lives. not only money forging but drug dealing. mia shouldn't have been involved with him in the first place. she should be ashamed of herself being with him, someone so beneath of her. mia was well aware of the illegal activities long before she married him. she is not completely innocent in this matter. she was spending them phony 10 dollar bills too. in fact she was the one who teach him how to use the computer to make the phony money. matthew and mia are both getting what they deserve.
around the way

Washington, DC

#6 Jan 29, 2007
I guess. I am shocked. I thought Tia and her sis were real smart
around the way

Washington, DC

#9 Feb 27, 2007
woow. Has anyone heard of any updates on the case.
special person

New York, NY

#10 Jun 23, 2008
where do I start ! this is amazing ,every1 looking at her as a bad person ,but no one dont know the amazing person she really is. I will always love this lady dont matter what , and I WISH NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR HER !
concerned parent

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Sep 22, 2008
how does the board of ed keep an individual like this employed? Shouldn't vice-principals, principals, teachers--really, anybody employed for our children's instruction be good role models and examples for the children in their midst? Guilty or not-Guilty--something went on that was not befitting the reputation of anyone in a leadership responsibilty within the school--she should NOT STILL be working for the dept of ed in the capacity that she is...the whole system is bogus! It's no wonder the public school system is on a downward spiral of student moral and academic progress...Attitude affects leadership!!!
People amaze me

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Aug 31, 2009
The update on the case which was not published is that Mia was cleared of all charges. The charges were dismissed within weeks. She was arrested as a ploy to make her husband talk. For all of those who posted something negative it speaks volumes about what your character is. The only difference between you and her is that your personal business was not published for the world to see. I guarantee you that you have something in your past or present that you do not want the world to know because they would incorrectly judge you. Some people were very happy to see her go through this because of the person she is. Jealousy is a scary thing.
tell them mia

Trenton, NJ

#14 Jan 26, 2010
Yall see that comment above!!!!! Stop chasing get a life...
tell them mia

Trenton, NJ

#15 Jan 26, 2010
People amaze me wrote:
The update on the case which was not published is that Mia was cleared of all charges. The charges were dismissed within weeks. She was arrested as a ploy to make her husband talk. For all of those who posted something negative it speaks volumes about what your character is. The only difference between you and her is that your personal business was not published for the world to see. I guarantee you that you have something in your past or present that you do not want the world to know because they would incorrectly judge you. Some people were very happy to see her go through this because of the person she is. Jealousy is a scary thing.

.....what about the people that said positive quotes...screw us I guess
concern parent

Ridgewood, NY

#16 Oct 7, 2010
i'm a parent of kids attending PS/IS268 this is very sad,why does the board of education have this woman around our kids? giving them directions when she has such a shady background?she should not expect the kids to look up to her i show would look at her in a diffrent way.thumbs DOWN TO HER AND THE BOARD OF ED.
concerned parent too

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Nov 19, 2010
Do you know something we don't? Was she convicted or just accused? If she was convicted she would not be able to work in a school, so she was accussed!!!!. I have kids at PS/IS 268, and I don't feel that way!. She has always been a professional. She is an excellent example for the students on overcoming obstacles.. Remember anyone can be accused of anything. Jaywalkers can be arrested. She has a strong leadership presence and cares about the kids. You should be more concerned about the quality of teacher your child has.
MAUDE

Highland, NY

#19 Apr 22, 2011
Someone wrote:
Mia Peebles is my assistant principal and i would have never thought she would do such thing but she has always had this funny look in her eyes so this is very shocking.
Like $$$$ signs.
Epstein

Bay Shore, NY

#20 Apr 22, 2011
Mia Hua...says it all
ITS 2011

Springfield Gardens, NY

#21 Apr 22, 2011
If you don't like the job she's doing , take your bad ass kids out of 268 ! DUH !
ITS 2011

Springfield Gardens, NY

#22 Apr 22, 2011
concern parent wrote:
i'm a parent of kids attending PS/IS268 this is very sad,why does the board of education have this woman around our kids? giving them directions when she has such a shady background?she should not expect the kids to look up to her i show would look at her in a diffrent way.thumbs DOWN TO HER AND THE BOARD OF ED.
Since you care so much about your kids , you need to be in ENGLISH WITH THEM !

Since: Dec 12

South Richmond Hill, NY

#23 Dec 11, 2012
Mia Peebles is just as phony as those dollar bills she was printing. I know her on both a personal and professional level and she has a very ghetto demeanor. Her colleagues have given her the nickname "Ghetto Rat". Parents turn their nose up at her and say she is rude and not friendly. She deserves to be in jail with Matthew because she was enjoying making and spending that phony money. The board of education must be desperate for employees to keep someone like her around. The only people saying positive things about her are her family members who she brings with her from school to school. They are the only ones naive enough to stand behind her. I am not shocked at all to read about this and it is not hard to believe that ghetto Mia would do something like this. After all you can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl!
268 Insider Too

Queens Village, NY

#24 Aug 18, 2013
I work at 268 also. The view you expressed is NOT how the staff views her. There are many staff members and parents that find Ms. Peebles is a strong leader who is helpful and professional and gets the job done. You work at the school you know this is a fact. The students love her and respect her. She is about the students!!! Why are you posting about something from 5 years ago, that was dismissed within weeks by the court. You have a PERSONAL issue with Ms. Peebles, why don't you go and talk with her. Her office door is always open. Are you one of the teachers that she had to meet with about their job performance not being up to standards? That would explain your statements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unemployment rate at 5.8%, great job Obama 7 min Phantom Hell Ride... 10
I don't know 13 min Tall thug 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 44 min De Oppresso Liber 16,714
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min litesong 49,333
Protesters return to New York, despite mayor's ... 1 hr Just Saying 20
Eric Garner Murdered by Cop 1 hr Ronald 346
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 1 hr Just Saying 1,802

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights

Personal Finance