Two Men Arrested In Queens Transgende...

Two Men Arrested In Queens Transgender Attack

There are 39 comments on the On Top Magazine story from Jul 10, 2009, titled Two Men Arrested In Queens Transgender Attack. In it, On Top Magazine reports that:

Two men face up to 15 years behind bars for assaulting a transgender woman in Queens, New York on Wednesday, NY1 reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at On Top Magazine.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Beth Page

Bellmore, NY

#24 Aug 3, 2009
kristy wrote:
well i just opened this and was blown away by some of the comments here.
Fear comes from ignorance. Ignorance comes from not being educated about a subject.
Hate is just stupid.
Transgender does not mean sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with sex at all. In the core of a humans emotional and spiritual center, at the very core they do not identify with either the female and/or the male gender. They can be female in a male body or they can be male in a female body or they can identify with both.
It is only in western societies that we seem not to have a history of understanding that transgender exists. It has existed for eons. historically you will find reference to 'two spirited' people in our first nations people. you will find that the french government in older times used a transwoman to spy on the russians. If you search the net you will see all of this.
So if GOD decided to put a female in a males body do we have the temerity to question GOD and say 'Hey you made a mistake here'. perhaps it would be best to think about this. If GOD wanted this to exist then we have to accept and find a way to deal with it. Again this is NOT about sex.
Perhaps you are right and to a degree I could be ignorant on the subject i'm not afraid to admit it.

If it's not about sex then lets use Chastity Bono as an example,she now wants to be a man after living as a lesbian is this not sexual in some way?

Again I am only asking to understand.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#25 Aug 3, 2009
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
<quoted text>
In New York City, yes. In the rest of the state, no, not yet.
New York State still has no protections for trans people while sexual orientation has been part of the protected classes in NY since 2002.
Trans people, in most of New York State, can still be fired, thrown out of restaurants, refused service in hotels and other public accommodations just for being who they are. It's something that progressive and fair minded people in NYS have been trying to change for years except the Republican party has consistently blocked the bill to do that. This past year, GENDA (the Gender Expression Non Discrimination Act) was finally slated for passage until the same sex marriage debate hijacked the efforts and the Republicans staged their ridiculous attempt to thwart Democratic control.
GENDA needs to be passed as soon as the state's Assembly and Senate reconvene so gender variant people in the state can be protected, not only in a few places but in the entire state.
Clever acronym, even has a built in NY accent. I'll admit, I've been creeped out more than once by the sight of a 6'4" 'woman' but live and let live...

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#26 Aug 3, 2009
Beth Page wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are right and to a degree I could be ignorant on the subject i'm not afraid to admit it.
If it's not about sex then lets use Chastity Bono as an example,she now wants to be a man after living as a lesbian is this not sexual in some way?
Again I am only asking to understand.
Sexual orientation is about who you fall in love with.

Gender identity is about who you are, your inner sense of being male, female, both or neither.

Gender expression is how you manifest your inner identity in visible actions.

Go to Google and type in "Trans 101" to find more sources for self education.(You can do that too, Mr OhWell)

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#27 Aug 3, 2009
Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
Clever acronym, even has a built in NY accent. I'll admit, I've been creeped out more than once by the sight of a 6'4" 'woman' but live and let live...
Not all tall women are transsexual and not all short women are cissexual. There's nothing simple about this, that's why so many people have trouble with it. The old, simple, explanations we were taught in school really aren't correct.
Mike

Lovelock, NV

#28 Aug 6, 2009
frequent_flier wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the drug users are heterosexuals. Do so research before you open your mouth and put your foot in it. STD's have been running wild in the heterosexual community for several decades.
But if you look at statistics TODAY, you'll see that the GLBT queers are the most likely to have HIV, hepatitis B and/or C, herpes, syph and other diseases of that sort. Many (not most) drug users who shoot up are also GLBTs, who not only shoot smack, meth, coke, etc., but also shoot steroids and hormones to make themselves more feminine or masculine, and some of the idiots think that by using those kind of drugs that they will turn straight. I don't want to be around these filthy, disgusting GLBT scum and they should be arrested and locked up for a long time when they go around bothering and attempting to solicit themselves to straights and doing their disgusting deeds in parks, public bathrooms, etc. If the GLBTs want to do what they do, they should do it in the privacy of their own homes, not copy Larry Craig, Jim McGreevey, and George Michael! What makes these filthy bastards think that it is ok to do those things in public restrooms and other places that the rest of the people have to use? GLBTs who behave this way should be sent to prison for a long time!!
Irma

United States

#30 Aug 23, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>But if you look at statistics TODAY, you'll see that the GLBT queers are the most likely to have HIV, hepatitis B and/or C, herpes, syph and other diseases of that sort. Many (not most) drug users who shoot up are also GLBTs, who not only shoot smack, meth, coke, etc., but also shoot steroids and hormones to make themselves more feminine or masculine, and some of the idiots think that by using those kind of drugs that they will turn straight. I don't want to be around these filthy, disgusting GLBT scum and they should be arrested and locked up for a long time when they go around bothering and attempting to solicit themselves to straights and doing their disgusting deeds in parks, public bathrooms, etc. If the GLBTs want to do what they do, they should do it in the privacy of their own homes, not copy Larry Craig, Jim McGreevey, and George Michael! What makes these filthy bastards think that it is ok to do those things in public restrooms and other places that the rest of the people have to use? GLBTs who behave this way should be sent to prison for a long time!!
Perhaps you should take a minute of your time and imagination, and see the world from our perspective. I am a lesbian, but I evidently do not look like a stereotypical one to the average homophobe. Men are attracted to me, and frequently ask me for dates. I have even received several marriage proposals from casual male friends. However, I am not attracted to men. I am attracted to women, and have fallen madly in love women, and I am cruely rejected by them consistently.

I don't hate men, but I find the idea of heterosexual sex repulsive. Typical love stories and "chick flic" films make me want to throw up. I suppose you could say that I am "heterophobic." All around me is heterosexual adverstising, fashions, magazines, books, articles, dating advice, laws, and homophobic religious groups who would like to deny me and people like me the right to life, liberty, property, and heaven forbid (If I ever do win over a woman's heart) the right to marriage. Think about this next time you have your homophobic thoughts, and realize that the attractive woman that you may be hitting on may be a lesbian who finds you repulsive. Or deep down inside is that what worries you? Are you realy homosexual yourself or bisexual, and you have been inundated to such an extent with the heterosexual world that you have internalized your own hate against yourself, and project it onto others who remind you of yourself. Maybe the "disease" that you fear is society's hatred toward you, and you are trying to fight it off. Don't go to a far away place. Look within and pray to God for guidance for us all.
Irma

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#31 Aug 23, 2009
Also Mike, I am sure that you are unable to imagine just how nice it is that there is a television channel like Logo. I can actually watch and enjoy homosexual romance films, etc. You have no idea how exhausting it is to "play straight" at work in order to hold a job, and hold your tongue and hide your temper as you hear coworkers, supervisors, and even family members make homophobic remarks, or tell you: "Don't hurt men's feelings by rejecting them harshly. You need friends." Or, "Why don't you go out with him just for companionship?" and "Don't let him know that you are a lesbian. Just lie and make excuses as to why you can't go out with him." Little do they realize that if he were to make a pass at me, I would do him serious bodily harm. I refuse to date or marry someone that I am not at all attracted to, and that I even find the thought of being intimate with repulsive. Don't you think that I am being imposed upon by heterosexuals? I never went to my school proms (there was nothing there for me). I went to several mixers in college, and found them drunken and sickening. I saw heterosexuals having sex in the corners of the room. Should they have gone to prison for a long time for what they were doing? Wouldn't you have thought I was insane for being repulsed? You are just getting a small taste of what GLBT people have to put up with in the world. I am glad you are uncomfortable. Now you know how we feel.

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#32 Aug 23, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>But if you look at statistics TODAY, you'll see that the GLBT queers are the most likely to have HIV, hepatitis B and/or C, herpes, syph and other diseases of that sort. Many (not most) drug users who shoot up are also GLBTs, who not only shoot smack, meth, coke, etc., but also shoot steroids and hormones to make themselves more feminine or masculine, and some of the idiots think that by using those kind of drugs that they will turn straight. I don't want to be around these filthy, disgusting GLBT scum and they should be arrested and locked up for a long time when they go around bothering and attempting to solicit themselves to straights and doing their disgusting deeds in parks, public bathrooms, etc. If the GLBTs want to do what they do, they should do it in the privacy of their own homes, not copy Larry Craig, Jim McGreevey, and George Michael! What makes these filthy bastards think that it is ok to do those things in public restrooms and other places that the rest of the people have to use? GLBTs who behave this way should be sent to prison for a long time!!
Let me repeat my previous suggestion, Mike. Find a nice deep cave in the desert and stay there, then you won't have to put up with all those icky things that are happening in the civilized world. Your blood pressure might go down too!

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#33 Aug 23, 2009
“Girls who put out are tramps. Girls who don't are ladies. This is, however, a rather archaic usage of the word. Should one of you boys happen upon a girl who doesn't put out, do not jump to the conclusion that you have found a lady. What you have probably found is a lesbian.”
Fran Lebowitz

Women who love women are Lesbians. Men, because they can only think of women in sexual terms, define Lesbian as sex between women.”
Rita Mae Brown
OhWellSchitHappe ns

Brooklyn, NY

#34 Aug 23, 2009
Irma wrote:
Also Mike, I am sure that you are unable to imagine just how nice it is that there is a television channel like Logo. I can actually watch and enjoy homosexual romance films, etc. You have no idea how exhausting it is to "play straight" at work in order to hold a job, and hold your tongue and hide your temper as you hear coworkers, supervisors, and even family members make homophobic remarks, or tell you: "Don't hurt men's feelings by rejecting them harshly. You need friends." Or, "Why don't you go out with him just for companionship?" and "Don't let him know that you are a lesbian. Just lie and make excuses as to why you can't go out with him." Little do they realize that if he were to make a pass at me, I would do him serious bodily harm. I refuse to date or marry someone that I am not at all attracted to, and that I even find the thought of being intimate with repulsive. Don't you think that I am being imposed upon by heterosexuals? I never went to my school proms (there was nothing there for me). I went to several mixers in college, and found them drunken and sickening. I saw heterosexuals having sex in the corners of the room. Should they have gone to prison for a long time for what they were doing? Wouldn't you have thought I was insane for being repulsed? You are just getting a small taste of what GLBT people have to put up with in the world. I am glad you are uncomfortable. Now you know how we feel.
At least you have television.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Since: Mar 07

Phoenix, AZ

#37 Aug 26, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>But if you look at statistics TODAY, you'll see that the GLBT queers are the most likely to have HIV, hepatitis B and/or C, herpes, syph and other diseases of that sort. Many (not most) drug users who shoot up are also GLBTs, who not only shoot smack, meth, coke, etc., but also shoot steroids and hormones to make themselves more feminine or masculine, and some of the idiots think that by using those kind of drugs that they will turn straight. I don't want to be around these filthy, disgusting GLBT scum and they should be arrested and locked up for a long time when they go around bothering and attempting to solicit themselves to straights and doing their disgusting deeds in parks, public bathrooms, etc. If the GLBTs want to do what they do, they should do it in the privacy of their own homes, not copy Larry Craig, Jim McGreevey, and George Michael! What makes these filthy bastards think that it is ok to do those things in public restrooms and other places that the rest of the people have to use? GLBTs who behave this way should be sent to prison for a long time!!
ok, fine, let's look at those statistics shall we?

For one, the stats for the US do not determine sexual oreintation. THey can't -- its against the law for them to use that factor in assembling the statistics.

However, for the sake of argument with an infantile mind, let's *pretend* they do, and, if so, we also see that the same GLBT group has the *lowest* transmission rate.

Oh, and, notably, they make up the smallest percentage of the population in prison on drug related offenses.

So either you are a really bad liar, or jut really ignorant and spouting off stuff you haven't actually done any real research on.
Mike

United States

#38 Aug 26, 2009
Dyssonance wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, fine, let's look at those statistics shall we?
For one, the stats for the US do not determine sexual oreintation. THey can't -- its against the law for them to use that factor in assembling the statistics.
However, for the sake of argument with an infantile mind, let's *pretend* they do, and, if so, we also see that the same GLBT group has the *lowest* transmission rate.
Oh, and, notably, they make up the smallest percentage of the population in prison on drug related offenses.
So either you are a really bad liar, or jut really ignorant and spouting off stuff you haven't actually done any real research on.
Yeah, right!! I'm just making this shit up!! If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself!! If what you're saying is true, tell me why it is that we have known for the last 25 years (at least) that men who have sex with men and people who shoot up are the most likely to have HIV as well as hepatitis B and hepatitis C.

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#39 Aug 26, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right!! I'm just making this shit up!! If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself!! If what you're saying is true, tell me why it is that we have known for the last 25 years (at least) that men who have sex with men and people who shoot up are the most likely to have HIV as well as hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
You don’t like to share where you get your information from? If you have it handy, it would be much simpler...

Women and HIV/AIDS
As of December 2003, nearly 50 percent of people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide were women.5 In the United States, about 25 percent of people with HIV/AIDS are women.6 Between 1998 and 2002, new AIDS diagnoses increased 7 percent among U.S. women, compared to a 5 percent decline in diagnoses among U.S. men.7 In the United States and worldwide, the majority of women are infected through heterosexual  sex
http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/excerp...
-
-
-
BUT now speaking of Lesbians who only have sex with women..

&#65532;
&#65532;
HIV/AIDS among Women Who Have Sex With Women

To date, there are no confirmed cases of female-to-female sexual transmission of HIV in the United States database (K. McDavid, CDC, oral communication, March 2005)
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/women/resources...
-
-
-
So perhaps we could say that only a few of these 50% of the women living with hiv/aids world wide,, only a handful are lesbians…
-
-
-
-
How many women have HIV/AIDS?
The number of women with HIV infection and AIDS continues to increase worldwide. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 17.5 million women worldwide were infected with HIV by the end of 2005.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 2000 through 2004, the estimated number of AIDS cases in the United States increased 10% among females and 7% among males. In 2004, women accounted for 27% of the 44,615 newly reported AIDS cases among adults and adolescents. HIV disproportionately affects African-American and Hispanic women. Together they represent less than 25% of all U.S. women, yet they account for more than 79% of AIDS cases in women.
In the United States, most women are infected with HIV during sex with an HIV-infected man or while using HIV-contaminated syringes for the injection of drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and amphetamines. Of the new HIV infections diagnosed among women in the United States in 2004, the CDC estimated 70% were attributed to heterosexual contact and 28% to injection drug use.
http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Women_4915.s...

“Peace”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#40 Aug 26, 2009
As a parent I worry more about our children...
-
* About one-third of adolescents hadn't received instruction on methods of birth control before age 18.
* In 2004, there were about 745,000 pregnancies among females younger than age 20. This included an estimated 16,000 pregnancies among girls aged 10 to 14.
* Syphilis cases among young people aged 15 to 24 have increased in both males and females in recent years.
* In 2006, about one million young people aged 10 to 24 were reported to have chlamydia, gonorrhea or syphilis. Nearly one-quarter of females aged 15 to 19, and 45 percent of females aged 20 to 24 had a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection during 2003-2004.
* From 1997 to 2006, rates of AIDS cases among males aged 15 to 24 increased.
* In 2006, the majority of new diagnoses of HIV infection among young people occurred among males and those aged 20 to 24.
* From 2004 to 2006, about 100,000 females aged 10 to 24 visited a hospital emergency department for nonfatal sexual assault, including 30,000 females aged 10 to 14.

"This report identifies a number of concerns regarding the sexual and reproductive health of our nation's young people," Janet Collins, director of CDC's National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, said in a news release.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story...
Mike

Sparks, NV

#41 Aug 27, 2009
Annaleigh wrote:
<quoted text>You don’t like to share where you get your information from? If you have it handy, it would be much simpler...
Women and HIV/AIDS
As of December 2003, nearly 50 percent of people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide were women.5 In the United States, about 25 percent of people with HIV/AIDS are women.6 Between 1998 and 2002, new AIDS diagnoses increased 7 percent among U.S. women, compared to a 5 percent decline in diagnoses among U.S. men.7 In the United States and worldwide, the majority of women are infected through heterosexual  sex
http://www.ourbodiesourselves.org/book/excerp...
-
-
-
BUT now speaking of Lesbians who only have sex with women..
&#65532;
&#65532;
HIV/AIDS among Women Who Have Sex With Women
To date, there are no confirmed cases of female-to-female sexual transmission of HIV in the United States database (K. McDavid, CDC, oral communication, March 2005)
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/women/resources...
-
-
-
So perhaps we could say that only a few of these 50% of the women living with hiv/aids world wide,, only a handful are lesbians…
-
-
-
-
How many women have HIV/AIDS?
The number of women with HIV infection and AIDS continues to increase worldwide. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 17.5 million women worldwide were infected with HIV by the end of 2005.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), between 2000 through 2004, the estimated number of AIDS cases in the United States increased 10% among females and 7% among males. In 2004, women accounted for 27% of the 44,615 newly reported AIDS cases among adults and adolescents. HIV disproportionately affects African-American and Hispanic women. Together they represent less than 25% of all U.S. women, yet they account for more than 79% of AIDS cases in women.
In the United States, most women are infected with HIV during sex with an HIV-infected man or while using HIV-contaminated syringes for the injection of drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and amphetamines. Of the new HIV infections diagnosed among women in the United States in 2004, the CDC estimated 70% were attributed to heterosexual contact and 28% to injection drug use.
http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Women_4915.s...
I don't have to post links or writedown what I've read or have seen to entertain you or anyone else. I will agree with you, however, about women. Perhaps I shouldn't have included them in what I previously stated. But, let's face it; in the US, men who have sex with men and persons of both sexes who shoot up make up the majority of HIV/AIDS cases even though, they make up a relatively small percentage of the general population (which is why I do not want such people around me).
Mike

Sparks, NV

#42 Aug 27, 2009
Annaleigh wrote:
As a parent I worry more about our children...
-
* About one-third of adolescents hadn't received instruction on methods of birth control before age 18.
* In 2004, there were about 745,000 pregnancies among females younger than age 20. This included an estimated 16,000 pregnancies among girls aged 10 to 14.
* Syphilis cases among young people aged 15 to 24 have increased in both males and females in recent years.
* In 2006, about one million young people aged 10 to 24 were reported to have chlamydia, gonorrhea or syphilis. Nearly one-quarter of females aged 15 to 19, and 45 percent of females aged 20 to 24 had a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection during 2003-2004.
* From 1997 to 2006, rates of AIDS cases among males aged 15 to 24 increased.
* In 2006, the majority of new diagnoses of HIV infection among young people occurred among males and those aged 20 to 24.
* From 2004 to 2006, about 100,000 females aged 10 to 24 visited a hospital emergency department for nonfatal sexual assault, including 30,000 females aged 10 to 14.
"This report identifies a number of concerns regarding the sexual and reproductive health of our nation's young people," Janet Collins, director of CDC's National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, said in a news release.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story...
I also agree with you about children/young people. I don't have any kids, but if I did, I'd want them to know everything there is to know about sex, STDs, safe sex, pregnancies, and drug use. We must be realistic, and we cannot simply tell kids "Don't do it!" and expect them to obey. "Abstinence only" education is probably responsible in part for the increase in pregnancies and STDs among our young. Our young must be taught about these things so that hopefully we can drastically reduce instancies of STDs among them and so that they won't have kids until they are mature enough and have the resources to provide for them.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#43 Aug 27, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>I also agree with you about children/young people. I don't have any kids, but if I did, I'd want them to know everything there is to know about sex, STDs, safe sex, pregnancies, and drug use. We must be realistic, and we cannot simply tell kids "Don't do it!" and expect them to obey. "Abstinence only" education is probably responsible in part for the increase in pregnancies and STDs among our young. Our young must be taught about these things so that hopefully we can drastically reduce instancies of STDs among them and so that they won't have kids until they are mature enough and have the resources to provide for them.
This is the most intelligent post you've made on this board thus far. It's also the first one where you appear to be making an effort at being polite.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Since: Mar 07

Phoenix, AZ

#44 Sep 13, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right!! I'm just making this shit up!! If you don't believe me, look it up for yourself!! If what you're saying is true, tell me why it is that we have known for the last 25 years (at least) that men who have sex with men and people who shoot up are the most likely to have HIV as well as hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
For the same reason that women doing such are the least likely.

Men are just bad.
Chris19

New York, NY

#45 Jun 18, 2010
On THIS particular board, it's the heterosexuals that are coming off like freaks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Hillary won't take a knee 11 min Hillary Blames ot... 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 43 min jimi-yank 340,318
Republicans are feckless 2 hr American culture 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,986
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 18,740
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 17,586
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 3 hr jimi-yank 6,834

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages