Fiance Visa Was Denied, Now What?

Fiance Visa Was Denied, Now What?

There are 31 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 28, 2003, titled Fiance Visa Was Denied, Now What?. In it, Newsday reports that:

Q. I am an American citizen who filed a fiance visa for a woman I am dating in Peru.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stan

AOL

#1 Aug 9, 2008
I have a girlfriend in Manila, Philippines. We met on the internet two years ago. In June of this year, I went to Manila to meet her in person and got engaged. We spent 33 days together. I want to file a fiancee visa petition for now now but I have some concerns:

I'm not working due to a disability. I don't file income tax. I'm receiving $600 a month SSI. I heard that I must demonstrate ability to support her by having a regular, good-paying job and meet certain income requirements.

Can I overcome this hurdle by having a relative (my brother) who's income for 2007 was $46,000? He iswilling to help out and sign an I-134 affidavit for my fiancee. Thanks.
Homeland Security

White Plains, NY

#2 Aug 9, 2008
Stan wrote:
I have a girlfriend in Manila, Philippines. We met on the internet two years ago. In June of this year, I went to Manila to meet her in person and got engaged. We spent 33 days together. I want to file a fiancee visa petition for now now but I have some concerns:
I'm not working due to a disability. I don't file income tax. I'm receiving $600 a month SSI. I heard that I must demonstrate ability to support her by having a regular, good-paying job and meet certain income requirements.
Can I overcome this hurdle by having a relative (my brother) who's income for 2007 was $46,000? He iswilling to help out and sign an I-134 affidavit for my fiancee. Thanks.
Sounds like you are deadwood, Why don't you move the the Phillipines and stay there!
James Johnston

AOL

#3 Aug 9, 2008
Homeland Security wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are deadwood, Why don't you move the the Phillipines and stay there!
Quoted for truth.
PCC

United States

#4 Aug 28, 2008
You should move to the philipines, but don't be surprised if she loses interest rather quickly.
The financial support is for 10 years, even if you are divorced.
If you ask your brother to do this, you are too selfish for words.
nada

Redmond, WA

#5 Nov 4, 2008
just goes to show that homeland security is a useless prick entity
Emmaus Consulting PLLC

Everett, WA

#6 Jan 6, 2009
The answer to your question is yes you can have a co-sponsor so long as they are also a U.S. Citizen, and meet the income requirement of 125% above the poverty line guidlines for the amount of dependents he is already responsible for.

If you are interested in our office assiting you with this matter feel free to google my name and contact us directly. I travel to the Philippines regularly and have an assitant that can attend the interview with your fiancee.

Respectfully,

Eric A. Jones
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Stan wrote:
pinoy

Evansville, IN

#7 May 30, 2009
i was goin to petition my girlfriend in philippines as a fiance visa and im a u.s citizen, but i was laid off due to company cutbacks this year of 2009, so im i able to get her here or petition here as fiance visa? and i have income tax return from 2008-2009.
pinoy

Evansville, IN

#8 May 30, 2009
i mean i have copy of my last income tax return 2007-2008 not 2009, thanks!
Bich Hoa Nguyen

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#9 Jun 19, 2009
I am Vietnamese I met my fiance Richard online in 2004, after 4months writing to each other, he decided to see me in person in Vn. And he proposed to me one day before he left Vietnam.

5 months later he came back and we hold a formal
engament in VN. He came back VN 2 more times after engagement in Dec 2005 and July 2006.

Due to economy in USA, my fiancee has had to take on additional business clients
in his self-employed business, and this requires that he has to be in US every week and
every two weeks as well as monthly to process payroll , sales tax and other reports
for his new business clients. He is the only Tax Accountant in the office and there
is no one else qualified to provide these services to his Business clients, therefore,
it has been impossible for him to travel to Vietnam since 2006 as he must be
there weekly to meet the requirements of his clients and his business. There is
not enough time between these deadlines to travel to Vietnam for 2 weeks of time
as would be required for such a very long trip from Arkansas, USA to Vietnam. He has had these new clients since December, 2006, therefore, trips after this date to anywhere have been impossible for him to make and still keep his business which is the sole source of his livelihood and income for his DAUGHTER & HIM & ME
If he does not take care of these business clients who are valuable to his business and
the success of his business, He will be out of business and cannot possibly make
enough income to support his Daughter, Me who will become his wife and him

I have evidence of funds I have sent to her for support in 2005 thru present.

Until July 2008, we felt we can not live apart any more, he filed fiance visa.

In April i was interview at the Hochiminh US consulate, but i did not pass the interview at the first time even i brough with me a lot of evendence during 3 years but they did not look much. They required us to submit a relationship statement and information of his ex-wivies.

I resubmmited the required papers one month later. But they denied my visa with some unvalid reasons.

We were engaged after 5 months seeing in person but they said in the letter we were engaged after 2 weeks.

They said that he have not returned to Vn since 2006. Though he has good reasons stated in the statement.

And they said that i could not tell them the details of the wedding in US. We planed to get marriage in US in December 2008, but at that time my visa had not issue so our new plan has not been set up so i could not tell them our plan until i got visa.

My fiancee sent a letter to US consulate General before they returned the case to USCIS but the US consulate did not reply him or any respond.

What can we do next, how can we rebut??
We are holding a lot of our evidences: emails, mailing, pictures, receipts, airline tickets....

We have been waiting for 4 years already and it is hard to have to wait more...

Thank you so much for your sharing!!!
Pedro

Lima, Peru

#10 Jul 20, 2009
Move to the philipines and open a call center there, you wil earn alot of money
Jim from Middle GA

Rockville, MD

#11 Jul 20, 2009
Donte Stallworth kills a man in the course of a crime and no one psots anything about his extraordinarylight sentence. Yet the PETA types will follow Vick around forever.
Misplaced priorities.
Marias Megan Barnes

Saugus, MA

#12 Apr 29, 2010
Jim from Middle GA wrote:
Donte Stallworth kills a man in the course of a crime and no one psots anything about his extraordinarylight sentence. Yet the PETA types will follow Vick around forever.
Misplaced priorities.
Y a ti que importa. Ta ekanes skata. Ti milas re skato.
HangUpAndDrive

Woodland Hills, CA

#13 Apr 30, 2010
My fiancee is white, well-to-do, industrious, independent, healthy, educated and can fully speak English. She has no siblings, no extended family.

What are my odds of getting her into this country legally?
Cojudo a mas no poder

Shrewsbury, MA

#14 Apr 30, 2010
Stan wrote:
I think is better if you give that woman to your brother and both can used prorate her. Esta En el Codigo Frances and as you must know el codigo peruano es una copia.
Give the woman to your gay brother.
Pimp

Shrewsbury, MA

#15 Apr 30, 2010
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
My fiancee is white, well-to-do, industrious, independent, healthy, educated and can fully speak English. She has no siblings, no extended family.
What are my odds of getting her into this country legally?
None. Porque no acquires the profesion of proxeneta y te dedicas a la trata de well to do blancas desdentadas. Tu no mencionas si ella tiene dientes, so I assume she doesn't have any. Luego, luego,nomas ya ,mandala a trabajar al Rancho en Nevada after you buy for her a pop-booty.
proxeneta

Shrewsbury, MA

#16 Apr 30, 2010
Pedro wrote:
Mira nomas al cojudo de Pedro.
descastado

Shrewsbury, MA

#17 Apr 30, 2010
Pedro wrote:
Tu crees que es facil mudarse a las Philipinas, descastado? Probablemente con la cara de bandurria que tienes te van a contratar como al monito con munisica.
El inmundo

Saugus, MA

#18 May 11, 2010
Pedro wrote:
It won't work Pedrito, no in the Phillipines, due to the fact that all the male phillipines and all the female phillipines are dedicados a la prostitucion en large scale. Todos los hombres over there prostituyen a sus madres, abuelas,hermanas, tias, sobrinas, etc..y todas las females se venden a todos sin escapar a ninguno. Ademas, mi querido Pedrito de amplio potaso, todos los de ese pais are aids donors. Es por eso que yo solo juego bukake.
Averigua que es bukake y vas a aprender a tener fun.
Sedano

Saugus, MA

#19 May 11, 2010
Creo ese no es un buen consejo para Stan. LO mejor que Stan puede hacer es pegarse un tiro en sus bolas y echarle la culpa a su hermano que es gay anyway.
george carlin

Lindenhurst, NY

#20 May 13, 2010
It is amazing the lengths some people will go to to get laid and then how irrationally they act after that.

This was told to me as a joke, but should have been presented as a warning or advice.

Why does a bride smile on her wedding day? She knows she gave her last blow job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Into The Night 54,534
Nicholas James Faunch/Fox 40 min DP 1A 4
Anya Briggs Prostitution and Fraud (Jul '14) 44 min G Tobin 8
Review: Dr Rolando M. Melendez DPM May '15 Colephiffer 1
News Muslims Protest Police Policies: "Walking While... (Mar '13) May '15 mohammed was a pe... 2
Poll Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) May '15 mattashley73 68
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... (Oct '14) Oct '14 savyseller8 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages