First Prev
of 367
Next Last

Since: Oct 06

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 3, 2007
Welcome to the 2007-08 New York Rangers talk back. Discuss your thoughts on the team and the season.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#4 Oct 3, 2007
Big Dog in Sunnyside wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry on my typing errors lets try this again
Time for the rags to start there free fall please leave your thoughts on this
They will always have the Islanders to cushion their fall.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#6 Oct 3, 2007
<quoted text>
being the first and second comment on here i almost feel honored you guys let me go first.
thanks rags fans
NP, it was a perfect set up....
The Bensonhurst Bomber

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Oct 3, 2007
<quoted text>
being the first and second comment on here i almost feel honored you guys let me go first.
thanks rags fans
Don't mention it fishstick boy.
Effigy of the Forgotten

United States

#9 Oct 3, 2007
c'mon, no need for the ****

I used a word that mean "a person who has special needs"

next thing you know they'll wont all us to write certain peoples names, like:

Charles Wang
or
Ken Hitchcock
dogsittam

Hackensack, NJ

#10 Oct 3, 2007
one more day baby
Ken

Great Neck, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2007
Big game tomorrow.
dogsittam

Hackensack, NJ

#12 Oct 3, 2007
big game in the sense the rangers need to get their lines to mesh and be on their way to mid-season form.
dogsittam

Astoria, NY

#13 Oct 4, 2007
just found out i might have tickets to tonights game. That would be freaking awesome. that solved the problem of switching back and forth between NYR/Yanks. haha
Reality Check

Tucson, AZ

#14 Oct 4, 2007
dogsittam wrote:
big game in the sense the rangers need to get their lines to mesh and be on their way to mid-season form.
I'm glad they didn't force the issue of Jagr/Gomez if it looked like they weren't clicking. It may take some time. Or, as some of us said, they may end up missing Nylander more than they thought. My gut feel is that the best line on the ice tonight may be Dubinsky's.
Ken

West Hempstead, NY

#15 Oct 4, 2007
Tonight is the night when the Rangers tried to prove that they're Stanley Cup contenders against the Panthers.
Effigy of the Forgotten

AOL

#16 Oct 4, 2007
It appears my posts from yesterday were removed. Its no wonder I dont subscribe to newsgay
dogsittam

Holbrook, NY

#17 Oct 4, 2007
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad they didn't force the issue of Jagr/Gomez if it looked like they weren't clicking. It may take some time. Or, as some of us said, they may end up missing Nylander more than they thought. My gut feel is that the best line on the ice tonight may be Dubinsky's.
i think gomez and shanahan click REALLY REALLY well. That me be our "#1" line this year, although we call it number 2.

I think line one will have "2 centers". Straka will take control of the puck to give it to Jagr cause they have chemistry, and Drury will be Drury and he will be in the right place at the right time 99% of the time. If u get what i mean.

“CALPRUSTBOYLAHAN !!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Brooklyn

#18 Oct 4, 2007
Wow, all the classic posts from last season...GONE!

Anyway, that $150 I spent to watch the games on my dinky computer (on about 3 inches of screen lol) is money well spent! Guys were kinda flat in the 2nd, but the 3rd period was a nice example of how explosive this team can be. And other than Dubinsky getting caught up with Lundqvist in net, I thought the young guys played pretty well!

After the despicable showing by the Mets, its so great to have hockey back!! Eager to see all your comments guys!
Reality Check

Tucson, AZ

#19 Oct 5, 2007
dogsittam wrote:
<quoted text>
i think gomez and shanahan click REALLY REALLY well. That me be our "#1" line this year, although we call it number 2.
I think line one will have "2 centers". Straka will take control of the puck to give it to Jagr cause they have chemistry, and Drury will be Drury and he will be in the right place at the right time 99% of the time. If u get what i mean.
Pretty much no one clicked tonight for two periods but I liked the way Dubinsky's line played. Lots of energy and a couple goals. This line is going to be good. Drury had 3 points but I can't really say the 1st line meshed well together tonight. But you were right on the money. He scored because he was in the right place at the right time. Staal was decent for a 1st game. I did not see any preseason, just based my thoughts on everything I read. Gomez should be able to open up space for Shanny with people chasing him around.
Reality Check

Tucson, AZ

#20 Oct 5, 2007
rangergiRL in alabama wrote:
Wow, all the classic posts from last season...GONE!
Anyway, that $150 I spent to watch the games on my dinky computer (on about 3 inches of screen lol) is money well spent! Guys were kinda flat in the 2nd, but the 3rd period was a nice example of how explosive this team can be. And other than Dubinsky getting caught up with Lundqvist in net, I thought the young guys played pretty well!
After the despicable showing by the Mets, its so great to have hockey back!! Eager to see all your comments guys!
I don't like when Lundqvist shows his anger at his teammates like he did tonight with Dubinsky. Save it for the locker room when no one else is watching. I remember him doing that a few times last year as well.
Ken

Old Westbury, NY

#21 Oct 5, 2007
The Rangers win and the Devils lose yesterday. The Rangers showed the Mets how to beat a Floridian team.
rangergiRL in alabama

Vero Beach, FL

#22 Oct 5, 2007
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like when Lundqvist shows his anger at his teammates like he did tonight with Dubinsky. Save it for the locker room when no one else is watching. I remember him doing that a few times last year as well.
I agree with you 100% Reality! I was kinda surprised when I saw him do that. I didn't catch it at first,but when they showed the replay, it was pretty glaring.
dogsittam

Holbrook, NY

#23 Oct 5, 2007
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much no one clicked tonight for two periods but I liked the way Dubinsky's line played. Lots of energy and a couple goals. This line is going to be good. Drury had 3 points but I can't really say the 1st line meshed well together tonight. But you were right on the money. He scored because he was in the right place at the right time. Staal was decent for a 1st game. I did not see any preseason, just based my thoughts on everything I read. Gomez should be able to open up space for Shanny with people chasing him around.
yea rough game chemistry wise.
but i remember not being too happy with the way they played opening day last year vs the Caps. Even though they won that game too, i remember not being very impressed. Sam said it good last night, when you bring in new guys to play key positions, its going to take alot of time. There is no way to simulate regular season play. Camp doesnt do it, and preseason doesnt fully do it either.
Time. Give it time.
Reality Check

Tucson, AZ

#24 Oct 5, 2007
dogsittam wrote:
<quoted text>
yea rough game chemistry wise.
but i remember not being too happy with the way they played opening day last year vs the Caps. Even though they won that game too, i remember not being very impressed. Sam said it good last night, when you bring in new guys to play key positions, its going to take alot of time. There is no way to simulate regular season play. Camp doesnt do it, and preseason doesnt fully do it either.
Time. Give it time.
I honestly wasn't expecting a lot chemistry-wise. But opening night at home against Florida, I was definitely expecting a win. They'll see how much work they really need to do tomorrow night. If they play all game like they did in the 3rd period last night they'll have a shot, else expect a blowout on the short end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 367
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 46,804
Massive New York march aims to focus world's ey... 2 hr Anonymous 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr UN Must Go 15,098
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr UN Must Go 308,064
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 4 hr Jimmy Rustle 676
Thousands Attend Climate March in New York 5 hr Tommy Chong 6
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr zach 305,689
•••

Rip Current Statement for Queens County was issued at September 22 at 4:49AM EDT

•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info