LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5990 May 15, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Its kind of a catch 22. When you're undersized, you have to send everyone in to crash the boards, which doesn't leave anyone on the wings to get out and run. Plus, when the other team is getting so many offensive rebounds, you have to stay to play D.
They are not playing well now, but if they were just shooting half way decently, they could have won these past 2 games. It's not over yet
Shooting is the main issue for the Knicks....... I know the Pacers defense is good, but NY is missing a lot of open shots..... It's very hard to win when your two main weapons are having a terrible series.... They should play Copeland and Novak more in my opinion......

I understand and I agree with you about the rebounding aspect, but in my opinion they haven't been trying to run this whole series..... I agree that's it's not over, but they have to shot better.....

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#5991 May 15, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Shooting is the main issue for the Knicks....... I know the Pacers defense is good, but NY is missing a lot of open shots..... It's very hard to win when your two main weapons are having a terrible series.... They should play Copeland and Novak more in my opinion......
I understand and I agree with you about the rebounding aspect, but in my opinion they haven't been trying to run this whole series..... I agree that's it's not over, but they have to shot better.....
I know they haven't run this whole series. maybe they're waiting until someone gets a rebound.

Everyone is talking about how good the Pacers D is, and it is good, but not great.

The Knicks start with Felton, Schump, Melo, Kmart & Chandler.
Schump is hurt, and not shooting well. Felton you have to D up on. If Chandler and Kmart are more than 5 feet from the basket you dont have to cover them. That leaves Melo. So his defender can get up in his face, cause if Melo goes around him, Hibbert & West are waiting for him.

Now you sub Jkidd for Schump.....sure no need to put a defender on him.
Prigioni can shoot and pass, but went from starting to playing 3 mins last night.

The Pacers shot 40%, and the Knicks shot 28%.

But if you look at it......despite being outrebounded badly, out hustled, thoroughly out coached, and out shot......the Knicks could have won that game had they simply made 5 of the lord knows how many wide open shots they missed.

Now if they play Novak/Copeland at the 3, thats another shooter that someone WILL have to guard. They wont rebound, but we're not going to get any rebounds anyway. Keep Kidd on the bench, and go with a rotation of Felton, Prig and JR

This seeries doesnt have to be over
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5992 May 16, 2013
[QUOTE whLIFEo="HarleyRyder "]<quoted text>
I know they haven't run this whole series. maybe they're waiting until someone gets a rebound.
Everyone is talking about how good the Pacers D is, and it is good, but not great.
The Knicks start with Felton, Schump, Melo, Kmart & Chandler.
Schump is hurt, and not shooting well. Felton you have to D up on. If Chandler and Kmart are more than 5 feet from the basket you dont have to cover them. That leaves Melo. So his defender can get up in his face, cause if Melo goes around him, Hibbert & West are waiting for him.
Now you sub Jkidd for Schump.....sure no need to put a defender on him.
Prigioni can shoot and pass, but went from starting to playing 3 mins last night.
The Pacers shot 40%, and the Knicks shot 28%.
But if you look at it......despite being outrebounded badly, out hustled, thoroughly out coached, and out shot......the Knicks could have won that game had they simply made 5 of the lord knows how many wide open shots they missed.
Now if they play Novak/Copeland at the 3, thats another shooter that someone WILL have to guard. They wont rebound, but we're not going to get any rebounds anyway. Keep Kidd on the bench, and go with a rotation of Felton, Prig and JR
This seeries doesnt have to be over
[/QUOTE] I agree with you especially about the missed wide open shots..... Those are the hardest shots to make lol.... Copeland and Novak should get more time....It's sad that they won't try the big lineup tonight.... Kidd needs to sit on that bench and think about what he has done lol.....

Hopefully Shumperts knee is a little better.... George Hill is not playing tonight.... Felton and Melo may shoot better...... J.R Smith needs to step up....
Harley Carnes

AOL

#5993 May 16, 2013
Hey if the Knicks lose tonight how many more days will they continue to talk about them on ESPN radio? I hope it ends tonight and we can finally hear about other sports.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5995 May 18, 2013
Well Knicks fan, tonight is game 6 between the Knicks and Pacers...... I expect a close and hard fought game...... I can't wait.....

Melo has to have a superstar game..... He is capable of doing that..... Felton and J.R. Smith have to play well also.... Hopefully Shumperts knee is feeling better too.... I feel he is going to have a great game.....

Copeland is going to get some more mins and Amare may get his usual 10-15 mins...... The Knicks must move the ball around from side to side.... Also I feel the refs are going to let them play....

Most importantly, the Knicks have to make open shots...... The defense has been solid, but the offense has been inconsistent at times..... I know it's been like that all year against the Pacers, but you have to overcome that..... I expect a close Knicks win tonight..... Lets Go Knicks!!!!!
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#5996 May 18, 2013
Damn!!!!!!!!! The Knicks almost had that game.... That was an epic comeback and would have been a excellent game 7 in New York...... Just came up shirt......

Melo he played like a superstar the first three quaters, but in the 4th didn't hit those shots..... I hate saying this because he is a great player, but when you are the superstar you are going to get most of the blame... He also had 3 crucial turnovers in the 4th...... This will make him better mentally for next season.

Shumpert and Copeland had good games..... Felton and J.R Smith didn't show up.... They finally hit their 3 point shots..... That got them back into the game and allowed thier defense to get energized......

Martin and Chandler tried their best in the paint against Hibbert......Some those fouls that went against the Knicks in the 4th were bad calls in my opinion.... I know the Pacers are physical, but no way possible Melo or any other Knicks player doesn't get hit at the rim...... Just my take......

So overall it was a good season for the Knicks...... A lot of things to look toward to next season.... Shumpert is going to be a great Knick for a long time.... Felton is perfect for the system and Melo is a stud...... A little twik here and there.... This team will be even better...... Great things are ahead Knicks fans..... One big step this year and a even bigger one next year..... They are headed in the right direction..... Go Knicks....

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#5997 May 19, 2013
As I stated before this year started this team is awful, another Jimmy Boy production. The guards are terrible,they have no big men, they can't rebound, cant play defense and they're the oldest team in the league with no youth in sight, but they all talk a great game. Carmelo Anthony proved his worth, a real big shot during meaningless regular season games and in the playoffs as he does every year...throws up a big fat zero. It's a shame the Celtics slept walked through the first 3 games, watching them play Indiana would have at least been a competitive series.
Harley Carnes

AOL

#5998 May 19, 2013
Great the Knicks are out of the playoffs. Maybe 2 more days of Knick talk on ESPN radio then we can finally hera about other sports like baseball. But then again the only other thing they talk about is the Jets and the NFL.

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#5999 May 19, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
As I stated before this year started this team is awful, another Jimmy Boy production. The guards are terrible,they have no big men, they can't rebound, cant play defense and they're the oldest team in the league with no youth in sight, but they all talk a great game. Carmelo Anthony proved his worth, a real big shot during meaningless regular season games and in the playoffs as he does every year...throws up a big fat zero. It's a shame the Celtics slept walked through the first 3 games, watching them play Indiana would have at least been a competitive series.
Miami will dispose of the Pacers in 4 games, and then cruise to repeating winning in 5 games over whoever comes from the West. And next year, it will be same ole same ole. Miami will 3peat
Harley Carnes

AOL

#6000 May 19, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Miami will dispose of the Pacers in 4 games, and then cruise to repeating winning in 5 games over whoever comes from the West. And next year, it will be same ole same ole. Miami will 3peat
So maybe they won't bother playing the season out next year. I remember when basketball was this winter sport that only a few people cared about. Then the inner city thugs made it their gamne and voila look what it has become.
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6001 May 19, 2013
See what I mean about 'Home Cooking'(either Knicks or Pacers). It will stain a win and leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

This is the end result of the 'Pipe Dream' of 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan'. They said the Knicks needed two or three Super Stars. Where was the 100 million dollar Man(Amare')? On the bench!!

Didn't this team look like Rick Pitano team? Shooting 3's and no rebounding.

Now what do we have to look forward to for next year? Not much!! Copeland is a free agent. Do you lose him or sign him back. Do you want J.R. back?? It no need to talk about the old guys, IS IT?? I said earlier that the only thing this team has to look forward to is 'REBUILDING'. If management is willing to give up Melo then they may find someone to take Amare'.

Question to all Knick fans: After last nite lose, what did we accomplish by hiring 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan'? Their dream has become a nightmare for us. Where is all the cap room gone?

I said awhile back that it would take 3 to 5 years before we will get over everything done by those two. Do we have 2 or 4 years left?

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#6002 May 19, 2013
Harley Carnes wrote:
<quoted text>
So maybe they won't bother playing the season out next year. I remember when basketball was this winter sport that only a few people cared about. Then the inner city thugs made it their gamne and voila look what it has become.
Not a basketball fan really. I just root against the Heat. But unfortunately, reality must be faced. LeBron is already the greatest ever to play the game and hes still entering his prime. As long as hes healthy, the Heat will be winning the title each year repeating. And you're right. Its all inner city thugs who took over the sport. LeBron should be thanking his crack addicted prostitute mother and convict father every day as he lives his dream life. His father (a john and crimianl) had either an extra $20 dollar bill in his pocket or instead had an extra vial of crack, to give to his mom as she was working the streets as a known prostitute. So the prostitute mother didn't just stop after giving oral sex. She further sold herself and got pregnant carrying LeBron as a result.

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#6003 May 19, 2013
Geeez, Masterson 65 points this week. Phillies about to be shut out at home again and the Mets losing, although thats turned into the norm. The other 2 are the shockers

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#6004 May 19, 2013
Wrong forum, nevermind this post. Judge it off topic please
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6005 May 19, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
See what I mean about 'Home Cooking'(either Knicks or Pacers). It will stain a win and leave a bitter taste in your mouth.
This is the end result of the 'Pipe Dream' of 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan'. They said the Knicks needed two or three Super Stars. Where was the 100 million dollar Man(Amare')? On the bench!!
Didn't this team look like Rick Pitano team? Shooting 3's and no rebounding.
Now what do we have to look forward to for next year? Not much!! Copeland is a free agent. Do you lose him or sign him back. Do you want J.R. back?? It no need to talk about the old guys, IS IT?? I said earlier that the only thing this team has to look forward to is 'REBUILDING'. If management is willing to give up Melo then they may find someone to take Amare'.
Question to all Knick fans: After last nite lose, what did we accomplish by hiring 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan'? Their dream has become a nightmare for us. Where is all the cap room gone?
I said awhile back that it would take 3 to 5 years before we will get over everything done by those two. Do we have 2 or 4 years left?
I see what you are saying and I agree with a couple of things especially if they should bring back J.R Smith..... Corpeland in my opinion they may bring back....

As for Amare, I'm not sure if anyone is going to take him and that salary..... If he come back healthy then they may have a chance to move him, but that's a challenge because who knows if he is ever going to be healthy.... They may be stuck with him...

Now for Melo, in my opinion, if you want to rebuild and not make the playoffs for another 5 plus years then you try to move him..... I really don't think the Knicks want to go backwards and also it's been years since the buzz has been back with the Knicks..... I can them wanting to move Amare, but moving Melo also?..... Wow that will take some balls..... Lol....

Shumpert and Felton are going no where..... Martin and Kidd may be gone next year.... Chandler needs some help in the paint so they need some more beef coming off the bench...... Also get rid of Richardson also.....

So overall in my opinion, the Knicks are going to keep most of the guys like Melo, Felton, Shumpert, Copeland, Novak, maybe Pablo Chandler..... Like I said I really don't see them moving backwards with making major overhauls.... They were close to making the conference finals with this squad...... So if you are stuck with this squad because of cap reasons then I say do what you can in the offseason... Get rid of the old players like Kidd, Martin.... Maybe trade J.R Smith who became a head case at the wrong time.... The Knicks like I said at close and management is not trying to go backwards knowing how long it took them to get this team back to being relevant and respectability.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#6006 May 19, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
Damn!!!!!!!!! The Knicks almost had that game.... That was an epic comeback and would have been a excellent game 7 in New York...... Just came up shirt......
Melo he played like a superstar the first three quaters, but in the 4th didn't hit those shots..... I hate saying this because he is a great player, but when you are the superstar you are going to get most of the blame... He also had 3 crucial turnovers in the 4th...... This will make him better mentally for next season.
Shumpert and Copeland had good games..... Felton and J.R Smith didn't show up.... They finally hit their 3 point shots..... That got them back into the game and allowed thier defense to get energized......
Martin and Chandler tried their best in the paint against Hibbert......Some those fouls that went against the Knicks in the 4th were bad calls in my opinion.... I know the Pacers are physical, but no way possible Melo or any other Knicks player doesn't get hit at the rim...... Just my take......
So overall it was a good season for the Knicks...... A lot of things to look toward to next season.... Shumpert is going to be a great Knick for a long time.... Felton is perfect for the system and Melo is a stud...... A little twik here and there.... This team will be even better...... Great things are ahead Knicks fans..... One big step this year and a even bigger one next year..... They are headed in the right direction..... Go Knicks....
Lakers for life? You mean Knicks for life don't ya? lol Knicks really have no back court.....Chandler is more cut out to be a small forward than a center......Knicks need to make big time moves if they wanna dethrone the Heat.......talent is very little in NY......melo had a great game going into the 4th......but no one else stepped up....and melo is too much of a hot and cold shooter.......
Ricky D

Cumming, GA

#6007 May 19, 2013
Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Thomas(Q. Richardson) and Pablo. What are they if not going backward. How do we replace them with some quality players with this cap room. If you can tell me another way to keep the buzz going(as you call it) then I'm listening. Like I said before the trade deadline. Trade Melo now and see if someone wants Melo bad enough that will take Amare'. Rebuilding is the only thing this team is facing(nothing else). No matter how you slice it or dice it. This team is only going to do what it did last nite at Indiana(lose).

Question: Where do you find 5 players that will make this team a champion? Not division but NBA champion.
Black Mamba

United States

#6008 May 19, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Thomas(Q. Richardson) and Pablo. What are they if not going backward. How do we replace them with some quality players with this cap room. If you can tell me another way to keep the buzz going(as you call it) then I'm listening. Like I said before the trade deadline. Trade Melo now and see if someone wants Melo bad enough that will take Amare'. Rebuilding is the only thing this team is facing(nothing else). No matter how you slice it or dice it. This team is only going to do what it did last nite at Indiana(lose).
Question: Where do you find 5 players that will make this team a champion? Not division but NBA champion.
I was just throwing some suggestions out there because I'm not the GM and I have no idea what they are going to with this team lol..... The salary cap issue is a handicap for certain situations.....

I'm going to be honest with you, if they trade Carmelo they won't make the playoffs again for a long time..... I'm taking about them going back to those days when they had Curry Randolph, Marbury etc.... Teams are trying to win now and this is the new age of the NBA.....Like I told you before times have changed and the NBA is not what it use to be.....

You can't find 5 players that can win you a title..... That's why these days most teams hold on to great players a little longer than they should.... This Knicks team will go backwards with thethe wrong trade...... As a matter of fact, I know some fans who said this team wouldn't even make to the playoffs or out in the first round.... I think they did well considering the fact that they took to many 3s at times and rebounding was not good.... Again this is only my opinion and I have no idea what they are going to do....
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6009 May 19, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Lakers for life? You mean Knicks for life don't ya? lol Knicks really have no back court.....Chandler is more cut out to be a small forward than a center......Knicks need to make big time moves if they wanna dethrone the Heat.......talent is very little in NY......melo had a great game going into the 4th......but no one else stepped up....and melo is too much of a hot and cold shooter.......
Lol I'm a Lakers fan, but I always had a soft spot for the Knicks.... I wouldn't say they don't have a backcourt..... I agree about Chandler, but they will get him some help if they can..... As for the Heat, they won't win anything with Wades knee the way it is.... He is more important to them than a lot of fans think......
LAKERS 4 LIFE

United States

#6010 May 19, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Thomas(Q. Richardson) and Pablo. What are they if not going backward. How do we replace them with some quality players with this cap room. If you can tell me another way to keep the buzz going(as you call it) then I'm listening. Like I said before the trade deadline. Trade Melo now and see if someone wants Melo bad enough that will take Amare'. Rebuilding is the only thing this team is racing(nothing else). No matter how you slice it or dice it. This team is only going to do what it did last nite at Indiana(lose).
I was just throwing some suggestions out there because I'm not the GM and I have no idea what they are going to with this team lol..... The salary cap issue is a handicap for certain situations.....

I'm going to be honest with you, if they trade Carmelo they won't make the playoffs again for a long time..... I'm taking about them going back to those days when they had Curry Randolph, Marbury etc.... Teams are trying to win now and this is the new age of the NBA.....Like I told you before times have changed and the NBA is not what it use to be.....

You can't find 5 players that can win you a title..... That's why these days most teams hold on to great players a little longer than they should.... This Knicks team will go backwards with thethe wrong trade...... As a matter of fact, I know some fans who said this team wouldn't even make to the playoffs or out in the first round.... I think they did well considering the fact that they took to many 3s at times and rebounding was not good.... Again this is only my opinion and I have no idea what they are going to do....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min John-K 314,689
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 24 min ILAL 2,951
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,855
News Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... (Jul '14) 44 min ThomasA 77
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Dudly - Do Right 4,224
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr H Lamarr 337,876
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Princess Hey 18,120

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages