LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5762 Jan 9, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Larry Bird was a big time trash talker......but was a great player.....sometimes getting into a players head.....takes him outta his game.....it worked on Melo as the Celtics won.....
I actually liked Larry Bird, but not K.G. I agree with you that some can do that because it's all part of the game, but in my opinion you can't say certain things because you have no idea how they may react lol.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#5763 Jan 9, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I actually liked Larry Bird, but not K.G. I agree with you that some can do that because it's all part of the game, but in my opinion you can't say certain things because you have no idea how they may react lol.
If KG said anything about family to Melo he's clearly wrong for that I agree.....but I never heard what was said.....

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#5764 Jan 9, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>If KG said anything about family to Melo he's clearly wrong for that I agree.....but I never heard what was said.....
He said that LaLa (Melo's wife who he recently got seperated) tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#5765 Jan 9, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
He said that LaLa (Melo's wife who he recently got seperated) tasted like Honey Nut Cheerios
That's not cool....if he said your shooting sucks tonight.....that would be cool....

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#5766 Jan 9, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>That's not cool....if he said your shooting sucks tonight.....that would be cool....
I know I wouldn't like it
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#5767 Jan 9, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I wouldn't like it
Its obvious melo didn't like it either......but in return what did melo say to KG?
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5768 Jan 9, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Salary Cap figures came from Collective Bargaining Agreement online. Which also gave the team cap for next year. The Kings Team salaries(Cousins, Thronton, Garcia, Thompson and Salmon) and Amare', Melo came from RealGM.com .
InsideHoops.com | July 10, 2012
The National Basketball Association today announced that the Salary Cap for the 2012-13 season will be $58.044 million. The tax level for the 2012-13 season has been set at $70.307 million. Any team whose team salary exceeds that figure will pay a $1 tax for each $1 by which it exceeds $70.307 million.

The Salary Cap and tax level, both of which are unchanged from 2011-12 amounts, go into effect at 12:01 a.m. ET on Wednesday, July 11, when the league’s “moratorium period” ends and teams can begin signing free agents and making trades.

The minimum team salary, which is set at 85% of the Salary Cap, is $49.337 million for the 2012-13 season.

The current Collective Bargaining Agreement provides for three different mid-level exceptions depending on a team’s salary level. The non-taxpayer mid-level for this season is $5.0 million, the taxpayer mid-level is $3.09 million and the mid-level for a team with room under the Salary Cap is $2.575 million.RICKY THIS IS THE 2012 - 2013 SEASON SALARY CAP, NEXT JULY THEY WILL DO ONE FOR 2013-2014 BASED ON PROFIT AND LOSS STATEMENTS.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5769 Jan 9, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Devil, the only reason for the Kings to want to trade Cousins is that they are tired of him. Let me say this about the trade. If I was the Kings it no way in 'West Hell I would make this trade'!! Seeing that the Celtics had contact the Kings about Cousins made me suggest that the Knicks get involved. I HOPE THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.
My Turn: Shouldn't we try to keep the Celtics from getting Cousins? Would not that mean they are rebuilding? We are older than Celtic but have no plan to get younger. As GM I would do everything possible to keep the Celtic from getting Cousin. You know we could bring in another team or two if necessary.
It would be very complicated, but anything is possible. I guess you heard the Maloof's are selling the Kings to a group in Seattle for 500mil, once that is finalize you may see some changes with new management, also the Grizzlies are shopping Gay, that could be another part of a big blockbuster deal before trade deadline.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5770 Jan 9, 2013
2013-2014 NBA Salary Cap/Luxury Tax
by tjmakz on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:13 pm

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/13/stern-nba-...

Two weeks ago David Stern mentioned that he expects NBA revenue to increase to $5b for the year that ends on 6/30/13.
This would be approximately a 20% increase in revenue over the year that ended on 6/30/12.
If this turns out to be true, there are significant ramifications that this would have for the league, their franchises and the Salary Cap/Luxury Tax thresholds.

The Salary Cap would increase from $58.04m to $69.65m and the Luxury Tax threshold would increase from $70.3m to $84.4m.
This would effect many teams as I will describe below, but the first I think of is OKC.
OKC traded Harden because they knew they couldn't pay him $15m/year and pay the Luxury Tax which becomes a "Super Tax" starting next season. I was one that felt that OKC made a big mistake and should have held onto Harden for this season and could trade him next summer if needed. If the Luxury Tax numbers increase dramatically, OKC will really kick themselves for jumping the gun. If OKC signed Harden to a max or almost max contract, they were looking at a team salary of about $88m which would have resulted in a luxury tax payment for the 2013-14 season of $57.53m. Under the possible new Luxury Tax threshold, OKC would only have to pay $5.4m in Luxury Tax with a team salary of $88m. RICKY ON THE TABLE FOR NEXT YEAR BASED ON REVENUE (PROFIT AND LOSS) OR SIMPLE LINGO P+L STATEMENTS.
car ME lo

Newtown, CT

#5771 Jan 10, 2013
Flea brain Me Lo is one snap away from the rubber room at Bellevue. The Knicks should have a straitjacket court side at every game.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5772 Jan 10, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>It would be very complicated, but anything is possible. I guess you heard the Maloof's are selling the Kings to a group in Seattle for 500mil, once that is finalize you may see some changes with new management, also the Grizzlies are shopping Gay, that could be another part of a big blockbuster deal before trade deadline.
Yeah, so it yesterday about the Kings sell.

A third team or fourth team maybe need to getting rid of Amare' and Melo. I'm not a big Rudy Gay fan but if it helps us with our present situation then I'm for it.

Again, do you have any suggestions about what to do with both Amare' and Melo? You know how I feel. So do you think we should keep both or try to trade one or both?

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#5773 Jan 10, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
A third team or fourth team maybe need to getting rid of Amare' and Melo. I'm not a big Rudy Gay fan but if it helps us with our present situation then I'm for it.
Again, do you have any suggestions about what to do with both Amare' and Melo? You know how I feel. So do you think we should keep both or try to trade one or both?
I have to say, I am NOT in favor of trading Melo. Stats is another story, but no one is taking his contract.

Having said that, I think this team could possibly take it all this year. Unfortunately, there are about 5 other teams that could as well. The only team that really worries me is OKC. If they stay healthy for the most part, and can get some productive minutes come playoff time from Camby and Wallace (even 15 minutes each), we got a shot.

When was the last time the Knicks had a team this good?
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5774 Jan 10, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I mention that already, Melo is a keeper in my humble opinion, and Amare is dead weight with those bad knees,uninsured contract will be impossible to move.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5775 Jan 10, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say, I am NOT in favor of trading Melo. Stats is another story, but no one is taking his contract.
Having said that, I think this team could possibly take it all this year. Unfortunately, there are about 5 other teams that could as well. The only team that really worries me is OKC. If they stay healthy for the most part, and can get some productive minutes come playoff time from Camby and Wallace (even 15 minutes each), we got a shot.
They have as good a chance anyone right now. I don't see a hands favorite team right now.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5776 Jan 11, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought I mention that already, Melo is a keeper in my humble opinion, and Amare is dead weight with those bad knees,uninsured contract will be impossible to move.
OK!!!

What if the Kings decides to trade Cousins and the Celtic's are interested? Next question - By standing pat when do we start to rebuild if the Celtic's get Cousins? Last question - When do we rebuild? One Year?? Two Years??
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5777 Jan 12, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!!!
What if the Kings decides to trade Cousins and the Celtic's are interested? Next question - By standing pat when do we start to rebuild if the Celtic's get Cousins? Last question - When do we rebuild? One Year?? Two Years??
Lets here your answer to your own question.

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#5778 Jan 12, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Lets here your answer to your own question.
I think they're in the process of rebuilding right now. They got Amare, Melo, Chandler.......unfortunately they were tapped out of money due to the cap, and had to get pieces for very little money, which is why they got the older guys. Once some money frees up, it will give them the chance to add some (younger) role players.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5779 Jan 12, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Lets here your answer to your own question.
The trade was the answer to my questions. Put the two GM in a room or over the phone and tell them to make it happen, period. Once again, you are correct Amare' is the problem with any trade.

YOUR TURN!!!
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5780 Jan 12, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
"This Good"??? TricycleRyder that says alot about what the Knicks are as a team. I know you don't want to hear it but we had the making of a'Good Team' before 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan' gut it. Zach, Chandler, Curry, Lee, and Crawford could have been a good team.

“I only voted for Obama 1 time”

Since: Mar 12

Summerville, SC

#5781 Jan 12, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
"This Good"??? TricycleRyder that says alot about what the Knicks are as a team. I know you don't want to hear it but we had the making of a'Good Team' before 'Daddy Walsh' and 'Jungle Dan' gut it. Zach, Chandler, Curry, Lee, and Crawford could have been a good team.

Tricycleryder? He is known as mini bike rider in other forums. Good post, but the mention of curry shows you are as clueless as mini bike ryder. The blackerbockers run by Dolan are a team that will choke. The nets will pass them within a week. Maybe 2 weeks. If they make the playoffs, do you really think they win more then one game? LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 2 min Nonlib 1,100
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 14 min Nemo 11,296
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 29 min Dan Snow 14,955
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 31 min RangerYanksJets66 40,904
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 36 min SweLL GirL 15,827
Gay Teens NYC (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn) 45 min beefrow461466 9
Hillary builds the wall before Trump 58 min Kaine and Unable 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance