reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5722 Jan 2, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>What's up Devil. Happy New Year and also I hope everything is good with you and the family. As for the Knicks winning a title, don't sell them short because like I told you before the season started they will have one of the better records in the NBA. So far so good considering the injuires. You have championship experience players who knows what it takes to win, So people call it old, but those old players are doing great so far aren't they? Also Amare came back last night and still waiting to see what they really can do when Iman comes back from injury. Felton is out with injury too. In my opinion, they can win a title because like we both know anything can happen and on the road things may fall in line for them.
Same to you Dell, hope you have a very prosperous new year. Dell I'm dealing with Bricky the brain trust of past, present, and the make believe future front line of Hill, Cousins, and Copeland that will lead Bricky to the GM of the year award in his little mind. Have a great year my friend.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5723 Jan 3, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text> This is a forum and you did field a topic and wanted a reponse? I can't disagree with your opinion? I believe you're putting the cart in front of the horse since no one has seen the 1st tremor of a dialogue between the Kings and the Knicks, I'm disagreeing with your very foolish trade idea, sorry I hurt your feelings Mr what to be GM. LMAO
You said that the Knicks couldn't win a championship this year or next, right. Once again, being the oldest team in the league get you too WHAT?? How about rebuilding!!! Of course that never enter your small brain, did it??
Now explain to everybody in this forum 'why it a foolish trade'?? Be detail none of this I just think it foolish. Especially tell everybody how the Knicks can win(championship) with both Amare' and Melo. Then tell what you would do with the 100 million dollar Man(AMare'). The guy you support the signing and laugh about how it was a great thing for Knicks.
"No one has seen the 1st tremor of a dialogue between the Kings and the Knicks" that is what make me a better GM than anyone you have ever seen!! Your dumb butt would let Boston or one the other team get Cousins without even starting a conversation. What do you think Boston is doing? Sitting saying, Oh me, Oh my, we are old and getting older. Remember the last time they were in this state? They trade Garrnet and Allen. Devil, don't be stupid all of your life.
BTW, you can disagree as much as you like. It only makes you look stupid, now LMAO THAT!!!
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5724 Jan 3, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>So you are willing to go backwards instead of fowards? Stay away from Cousins because he is a airhead. I'm sorry, but if the Knicks win the NBA championship this year all this what you are saying will not be said again lol.
Lakers 4 life have you ever been a fan of another team beside the Lakers?? Just curious.
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5725 Jan 3, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Lakers 4 life have you ever been a fan of another team beside the Lakers?? Just curious.
I have always been a Laker fan since I was a kid and my favorite player is Kobe Bryant. Like I said before I have always had a soft spot for the Knicks because when they are doing well the NBA is better. Just my opinion. Let me guess, you are going to call me a bandwagoner lol?
LAKERS 4 LIFE

West Palm Beach, FL

#5726 Jan 3, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Same to you Dell, hope you have a very prosperous new year. Dell I'm dealing with Bricky the brain trust of past, present, and the make believe future front line of Hill, Cousins, and Copeland that will lead Bricky to the GM of the year award in his little mind. Have a great year my friend.
I'm sorry but if the Knicks did that trade, not only will they won't make the playoffs for another 5-6 years, but they would also take 3 steps back. Do you know how many other teams would kill to have 1 superstar? The Knicks have 2 and I think the goal of every team in the NBA is to put yourself in a position to win. Take Melo and Stat off the Knicks right now and you tell me how many games they would win. Not that many and I know Ricky does not want to hear that. I can see if the Melo and Stat are old as dirt, but they are not lol. Like I have been telling fans, don't be shocked if the Knicks are in the mix of things when it comes down to it.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5727 Jan 3, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that the Knicks couldn't win a championship this year or next, right. Once again, being the oldest team in the league get you too WHAT?? How about rebuilding!!! Of course that never enter your small brain, did it??
Now explain to everybody in this forum 'why it a foolish trade'?? Be detail none of this I just think it foolish. Especially tell everybody how the Knicks can win(championship) with both Amare' and Melo. Then tell what you would do with the 100 million dollar Man(AMare'). The guy you support the signing and laugh about how it was a great thing for Knicks.
"No one has seen the 1st tremor of a dialogue between the Kings and the Knicks" that is what make me a better GM than anyone you have ever seen!! Your dumb butt would let Boston or one the other team get Cousins without even starting a conversation. What do you think Boston is doing? Sitting saying, Oh me, Oh my, we are old and getting older. Remember the last time they were in this state? They trade Garrnet and Allen. Devil, don't be stupid all of your life.
BTW, you can disagree as much as you like. It only makes you look stupid, now LMAO THAT!!!
Okay Mr GM lets look at this trade that you propose,what's the 1st order of business that needs to be establish to make this trade viable? The answer is salaries. You want the Kings to take on Amare and Melo correct, well how many players would the Kings have to trade to match salaries? Remember the Knicks gave up half their roster to get Melo, why because you had to match salaries. Bricky this isn't fantasy, its not like trading baseball cards with your buddies in the school yard back when we were young. LMAO KEEP TRYING BRICKY!!!
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5728 Jan 3, 2013
Great win against the Spurs tonight
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5729 Jan 4, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay Mr GM lets look at this trade that you propose,what's the 1st order of business that needs to be establish to make this trade viable? The answer is salaries. You want the Kings to take on Amare and Melo correct, well how many players would the Kings have to trade to match salaries? Remember the Knicks gave up half their roster to get Melo, why because you had to match salaries. Bricky this isn't fantasy, its not like trading baseball cards with your buddies in the school yard back when we were young. LMAO KEEP TRYING BRICKY!!!
Not so quick!! There were several other questions to answer. So go back and read the post.
Is your understanding that poor!! The question was "How is it a foolish trade"? In the Knicks mind we give up Superstars for a potential star. Of course there are salaries difference and those things can be work out. Not Impossible and definitely not foolish. Again Answer the foolish question!!
LAKERS 4 LIFE

Lakeland, FL

#5730 Jan 4, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Great win against the Spurs tonight
Yes congrats to your Knicks for the win last night against another tough team. Also are you watching the NFL playoffs this weekend?
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5731 Jan 4, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so quick!! There were several other questions to answer. So go back and read the post.
Is your understanding that poor!! The question was "How is it a foolish trade"? In the Knicks mind we give up Superstars for a potential star. Of course there are salaries difference and those things can be work out. Not Impossible and definitely not foolish. Again Answer the foolish question!!
Since you can't possibly match salaries I felt it was no need to keep talking fantasy. Here's a general issue of concern for small market teams like the Kings, next year will be a increase in luxury tax thresholds which was part of the new CBA to slow down the big market teams attempt at super teams. A team like the Lakers would love to dump Gasol but for 19 mil a year its hard to get takers as owners are wary of the extra expenditure they would incur if they go over the threshold. I fully understood your question, I have a degree in economics and a masters in business administration (MBA). I'll take a stab at satisfying your need for answers by saying that Amare for anyone younger and more upside is a no brainer, but i wouldn't sweeten the pot by including Melo in my humble opinion.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5732 Jan 4, 2013
LAKERS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>Yes congrats to your Knicks for the win last night against another tough team. Also are you watching the NFL playoffs this weekend?
No the football season is over for me,I'm a Giants fan, not interested once they failed to make playoffs.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5733 Jan 4, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bricky I never supported the Amare signing, remember you were suppose to find that comment, but like your life you failed. LMAO
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5734 Jan 5, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Bricky I never supported the Amare signing, remember you were suppose to find that comment, but like your life you failed. LMAO
Remember I said that I wasn't going to look for a post but I'm sure there were no post with you were against signing Amare'!!! There isn't one post with you being opposed to the signing of Amare', NOT ONE!! You didn't like Melo, who you now will not trade, Correct!!!
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5735 Jan 5, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember I said that I wasn't going to look for a post but I'm sure there were no post with you were against signing Amare'!!! There isn't one post with you being opposed to the signing of Amare', NOT ONE!! You didn't like Melo, who you now will not trade, Correct!!!
Would you trade a MVP candidate? I didn't like giving up half the team, especially at the time Felton who was playing well with the pick and roll. I had no problem with the Zebo trade back then, but his play has changed my mind, and so has Melo.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5736 Jan 5, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
1. Anthony Randolph
2. Turiof
3. Felton
and of course Amare' what is everybody take on these moves. What are your prediction for those players and the upcoming season. I'll give mind last!!
The same thing I said weeks ago, a playoff team, 1st round and out. The same position they were in 2 years ago before they traded Crawford and 20/10. The only difference is they do have flexiability to sign free agents. This is on page 220 of the forum,I can't find your response to the signing, you never gave an initial response, so no comment meant you agree?
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5737 Jan 5, 2013
Ricky actually its page 230,you never gave an opinion of the signing of Stats.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5738 Jan 6, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Since you can't possibly match salaries I felt it was no need to keep talking fantasy. Here's a general issue of concern for small market teams like the Kings, next year will be a increase in luxury tax thresholds which was part of the new CBA to slow down the big market teams attempt at super teams. A team like the Lakers would love to dump Gasol but for 19 mil a year its hard to get takers as owners are wary of the extra expenditure they would incur if they go over the threshold. I fully understood your question, I have a degree in economics and a masters in business administration (MBA). I'll take a stab at satisfying your need for answers by saying that Amare for anyone younger and more upside is a no brainer, but i wouldn't sweeten the pot by including Melo in my humble opinion.
I suggest you go back and look at the Kings team salaries with regards to luxury tax. More important I don't you look at the Kings when it came to matching Amare' and Melo salaries. So with the those two degree's go and check out both.

BTW, there few other question in that post you didn't answer if we don't make the trade. So please answer in details. Devil, it nothing wrong with saying I don't know the answer to a question. You can't ruin this forum image of you no more than you already have.
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5739 Jan 6, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you trade a MVP candidate? I didn't like giving up half the team, especially at the time Felton who was playing well with the pick and roll. I had no problem with the Zebo trade back then, but his play has changed my mind, and so has Melo.
Too answer your question is 'Yes' in a NY minute!!!

Your MVP is different from the consensus by you and other. My MVP isn't Melo!! It the player that is calling him an MVP(of the Knicks not the league) is the MVP. Well the trading of Zach is like a crime to me. You are accessory to that crime. You and other have sit back in the forum and made a laughing stock out trading a player that could have made us champions. Do you realize how long we(real fans) have suffer from mistakes(I know you didn't make them). But you when along with them. You checkout when it was convenient.

What I don't understand is that if we can't win a championship with the two of them(Amare' and Melo) then what good are they? If we can't win a championship with Melo then what good is he? If we can't win a championship with Amare' then what good is he?

If all the above questions are 'NO'. Then why aren't you posting some ways of getting rid of both? If you don't like what I post and the is obvious then why not post an alternative? You know why don't you!!
Ricky D

Atlanta, GA

#5740 Jan 6, 2013
Ricky D wrote:
1. Amar'e the Celtic respect us now! Why should they you are a under size center with bad knees. The same as you were with the Sun's.
2. No Shaq, No Jermine, No Perkin!! Enough Said!!
3. Donnie Walsh 'Amar'e is the best player he ever had'. Well, because you haven't been a Good GM over your career. We the Real Knick Fans have definitely seen better than Amar'e . How about B. King. Amar'e isn't a good rebounder.
Devil, This one on Page 233. I was posting alot in NY Post during the signing so I may not have post in this forum at that time.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#5741 Jan 7, 2013
When Zach wins a championship in Memphis, that will validate your points Ricky, agreed? BTW I have a hard time always understanding all your questions, its not from the lack of not wanting to, Ricky just slow down and proof read, you seem to rush. I guess your brain is moving faster then your fingers when you get excited about expressing your views.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 35 min ThomasA 315,316
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 45,409
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 339,028
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Dear Missus 17,063
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 14,024
News Aging New York Immigrants Confront Shortage of ... 3 hr anonymous 1
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr bone-in 13,429

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance