Searching for my Niece & Nephew

Posted in the Jackson-Heights Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Aunt

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2013
I'm searching for my niece and nephew that were adopted by a Manhattan, NY couple... Jordan Savanna Lee (niece) was 4 (almost 5) (DOB: 7/26/97) and Zachary Frederick Austin (nephew) was 3 (DOB: 1/2/99) the time of adoption (the first week of March 2002). Their last name at birth was Evans, born in Cape Girardeau, MO to Michael Eugene Evans, Jr.(DOB: 2/28/78) and Sylvia Jean 'Jeanie'(Ward) Evans (DOB: 8/2/79). Both had blonde hair and blue eyes. Zachary has a scar on his abdomen from surgery for Pyloric Stenosis when he was an infant. We believe they were adopted by a John (architect) and Johanna (freelance photographer) in Manhattan, NY. The adoption took place through a lawyer in Arkansas. We know they were placed in private school once in NY after being adopted. The adoption happened in Rogers, Arkansas (Benton County), the adoption firm was Kelly Law Firm and the lawyer was Eugene Kelly.
Looking for any and all leads possible! And if either of them see this, Squirt and Lil Man, your Aunt, birth mom, grandparents and cousins miss you like crazy!! We love you!!!

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#2 Jul 19, 2013
I can't be positive, but "John" sounds a lot like my friend George, who is an architect.

Was "John" a short, stocky, slow-witted, bald man who tended to do the complete opposite of what his instincts told him?

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#3 Jul 19, 2013
Hi, you should sign up on www.isrr.org
They let family members sign up who are looking for each other.

Put basic information on these sites.

Joan
of nyadoptees.com and theregistry of yahoo.
Aunt wrote:
I'm searching for my niece and nephew that were adopted by a Manhattan, NY couple... Jordan Savanna Lee (niece) was 4 (almost 5) (DOB: 7/26/97) and Zachary Frederick Austin (nephew) was 3 (DOB: 1/2/99) the time of adoption (the first week of March 2002). Their last name at birth was Evans, born in Cape Girardeau, MO to Michael Eugene Evans, Jr.(DOB: 2/28/78) and Sylvia Jean 'Jeanie'(Ward) Evans (DOB: 8/2/79). Both had blonde hair and blue eyes. Zachary has a scar on his abdomen from surgery for Pyloric Stenosis when he was an infant. We believe they were adopted by a John (architect) and Johanna (freelance photographer) in Manhattan, NY. The adoption took place through a lawyer in Arkansas. We know they were placed in private school once in NY after being adopted. The adoption happened in Rogers, Arkansas (Benton County), the adoption firm was Kelly Law Firm and the lawyer was Eugene Kelly.
Looking for any and all leads possible! And if either of them see this, Squirt and Lil Man, your Aunt, birth mom, grandparents and cousins miss you like crazy!! We love you!!!
Aunt

United States

#4 Jul 22, 2013
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
I can't be positive, but "John" sounds a lot like my friend George, who is an architect.
Was "John" a short, stocky, slow-witted, bald man who tended to do the complete opposite of what his instincts told him?
I don't know... please dont post if you cannot be serious!
Aunt

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2013
Yesterday was Jordan's 16th birthday, happy birthday Squirt! We love you and miss you!
WTF

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Jul 27, 2013
You haven't seen them since they were 3 and 4 and NOW you love them and miss them.
Aunt

United States

#8 Jul 29, 2013
WTF wrote:
You haven't seen them since they were 3 and 4 and NOW you love them and miss them.
I've ALWAYS loved and missed them! But, as you can read (or maybe not) I'm their AUNT, therefore cannot legally do anything as far as a search! However, in the state of NY an adoptee can begin their own search for their birth family at 16... so yes, when it got close to Jordan's 16th birthday I started posting this EVERYWHERE I could find that comes up when a search is done for 'Adoption Reunions'... there's NO DOUBT in my mind that if she has decided to start a search that she will come across my postings and have NO DOUBT that we are also looking for them! Everyone has hit deadends in the search so I decided to try this route!

So, as I said earlier, if you can't be serious there is no need to post or be an ass hat!!
Aunt

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2013
No need to be a douchebag!
I have ALWAYS loved and missed them! But, as you can read (or maybe not) I am their Aunt and cannot get answers in any conventional method of searching! Everything so far has ended in hitting a brick wall so I thought I would try this!
To many adoptees start a search and are discouraged because they are the only ones searching and their birth families aren't searching for them. I posted the original post because I have NO DOUBT that if Jordan does come across one of the MANY posts out there then with the info I have in them she will say, with no doubt of her own, wow, that's us she's talking about!
I have been praying and hoping that with her turning 16 that she has started her own search!
FatAss

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Jul 29, 2013
Aunt wrote:
No need to be a douchebag!
I have ALWAYS loved and missed them! But, as you can read (or maybe not) I am their Aunt and cannot get answers in any conventional method of searching! Everything so far has ended in hitting a brick wall so I thought I would try this!
To many adoptees start a search and are discouraged because they are the only ones searching and their birth families aren't searching for them. I posted the original post because I have NO DOUBT that if Jordan does come across one of the MANY posts out there then with the info I have in them she will say, with no doubt of her own, wow, that's us she's talking about!
I have been praying and hoping that with her turning 16 that she has started her own search!
Yes, I can read. You say you (aunt) and her birth mom are searching. What has the birth mom done in all these years ????
Aunt

United States

#11 Jul 30, 2013
I know she has tried as well, however, I am not 100% sure as she is no longer married to my brother and I don't have much contact with her... feel free to email me and I can explain more if you would like because there is a little more to it than what I can post here... ritoru.mijikai@gmail.com

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#12 Jul 31, 2013
For Aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents searching sign up with
www.isrr.org

Either print off the forms or send a self addr stamped envelope to
ISRR
po box 371179
Las Vegas, NV. 89137

They will send the form to you to fill out.
if there is a match they will notify you.

Joan
Aunt

United States

#13 Aug 9, 2013
Still looking for you Squirt amd Lil Man!! We love you!!
nac

Patchogue, NY

#14 Aug 9, 2013
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
I can't be positive, but "John" sounds a lot like my friend George, who is an architect.
Was "John" a short, stocky, slow-witted, bald man who tended to do the complete opposite of what his instincts told him?
Have you seen the new addition to The Guggenheim?
Aunt

United States

#15 Aug 15, 2013
Someone somewhere has to know something! Please help me find them!

Since: Apr 12

Willcox, AZ

#16 Aug 15, 2013

Since: Jul 10

Mineola, NY

#17 Aug 15, 2013
Have you checked my Dead, Dead, Dead, Dead, Dead thread? Lots of people in there:

http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/TKJJ6JC6HNIIFR...
Aunt

United States

#18 Sep 1, 2013
That post while somewhat funny has nothing to do with my search lol but thanks!

Still searching for you guys!!
Aunt

United States

#19 Sep 5, 2013
I'm really hoping it wont take that long to find you Jordan and Zachary... I've looked all over on internet sites hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel! Just know I WILL NOT give up!! Ur Aunt loves you!!
Aunt

United States

#20 Oct 11, 2013
Wishing I had some more to go on... not going to give up!!

Since: Aug 09

Lat:40.853343 Lon:-73.20777

#21 Oct 12, 2013
Aunt wrote:
Wishing I had some more to go on... not going to give up!!
Please do not give up hope. Eventually you will find them.

Try performing a search for 'popular teen media" and start circulating your plea in those circles.

Best Wishes!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 min jimi-yank 309,359
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 43 min SevenTee 306,281
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 1 hr Swedenforever 54,524
Really no Ebola comments 2 hr Tip 1
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... Thu savyseller8 1
Constant parades on 37th Ave. ae a constant pai... Oct 18 truthteller 1
Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) Sep '14 Rodamez88 57

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]