No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer

No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer

There are 218 comments on the Wizbang story from Jan 9, 2013, titled No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer. In it, Wizbang reports that:

So sayeth New York Governor Andrew "Son of Mario" Cuomo in his State of the State speech today as he railed against the semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine politicians refer to as assault weapons and high-capacity magazines used in said assault weapons and many modern handguns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wizbang.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#160 Feb 5, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you live in a place where there are no released convicts looking for payback, strong-arm burglaries, home invasions, street robberies, and so forth.
Yeah, no I live in a normal neighborhood where usually episodes of Law & Order don't play out in front of my house.

"Released convicts looking for payback"? Who are you, Mickey Spillane?
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#161 Feb 5, 2013
kob wrote:
I have an AR because I want one, I have a 500 hp car because I want one, I have 4 motorcycles that top out at approx 200 mph....because I want them. Welcome to the USA!
Freedom is beautiful!
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#162 Feb 5, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make sure when the government decides to take over & for some reason decides to choose your home to start with, make sure you fire the first shot. I'd love to watch the news where they film the crater that was once your house & the footnote your story will be after the weather...
And, no doubt, you'll be the guy piloting the drone, comrade.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#163 Feb 5, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, no I live in a normal neighborhood where usually episodes of Law & Order don't play out in front of my house.
Where do you live... Fantasyland?

Please provide your address so we can all move to your safe haven when evil dares not tread.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#164 Feb 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And, no doubt, you'll be the guy piloting the drone, comrade.
I most certainly hope that wasn't your "crusher".

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#165 Feb 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you live... Fantasyland?
Please provide your address so we can all move to your safe haven when evil dares not tread.
It's called "Realityland" where obsolete hypothetical NRA propoganda fantasy scenarios are exactly that - FANTASY.

Seems we've got a Chuck Norris wannabe over here going to single-handedly save the world from tyranny from behind his couch with his semi-automatic phallic symbol.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#166 Feb 5, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly hope that wasn't your "crusher".
Comrade, have you been recruited for the Dear Leader's 'Civilian National Security Force'?
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#167 Feb 5, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "Realityland" where obsolete hypothetical NRA propoganda fantasy scenarios are exactly that - FANTASY.
Seems we've got a Chuck Norris wannabe over here going to single-handedly save the world from tyranny from behind his couch with his semi-automatic phallic symbol.
Please provide your location so that we may join in your safety and tranquility.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#168 Feb 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade, have you been recruited for the Dear Leader's 'Civilian National Security Force'?
Hahaha! Keep dipping that hook. You'll come up with something sooner or later.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#169 Feb 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide your location so that we may join in your safety and tranquility.
Chicago. ;)
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#170 Feb 5, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago. ;)
Figures.
shameless-li

United States

#171 Feb 5, 2013
chris kyle, "the american sniper" couldn't even protect himself against a friend with a gun.
ironic isn't it...
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#172 Feb 5, 2013
Hide under your bed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Released convicts looking for pay back"? Like in the movie Cape Fear?
No, genius. Like a retired law enforcement officer who put plenty of them away, and doesn't want any of them paying a home visit when they get out.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#173 Feb 5, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
See my last response, and try to think outside of your own safe little world..
Hide under your bed

White Plains, NY

#174 Feb 5, 2013
Every other day I got some ex con coming to my door looking for some pay back. I give em da bum's rush.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#175 Feb 5, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Just make sure when the government decides to take over & for some reason decides to choose your home to start with, make sure you fire the first shot. I'd love to watch the news where they film the crater that was once your house & the footnote your story will be after the weather...
I don't know how we jumped from self-defense against home invasions to armed revolt against a tyrranical government - but I guess that's what you do when you've had your silly azz handed to you and you're left looking like a dope, right? Deny and deflect to a different point and hope nobody notices!

Well, we all saw what you did there.

So NOW you want to be pantsed on your new choice of topic also? OK - happy to oblige -

You're trotting out the tediously well-worn lame-azz gun-grabber meme of ridiculing armed defense against a tyrannical government by suggesting that the US Military with all its array of lethal weaponry would make short work of any such armed resistance by the civilian population.

Leaving aside the fact that the US military is legally prohibited from such action within the US, all I need do to show how asinine is your gun-grabber meme is to ask you how well that's worked out for the US Military in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan - the US military nearly broken trying and ultimately failing to defeat a insurgencies in all 3 cases - in the equivalent (land area and population) of only a single US State.

Study up on asymmetric insurgent warfare, dipstick.

2A rights remain every bit as vital to the health of the republic as they were at the founding. The 2A has nothing to do with hunting ... and magazines with whatever capacity is justified by the threats a law-abiding citizen is entitled to protect themselves against are protected by the 2A.
Head inthe toilet

White Plains, NY

#176 Feb 5, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how we jumped from self-defense against home invasions to armed revolt against a tyrranical government - but I guess that's what you do when you've had your silly azz handed to you and you're left looking like a dope, right? Deny and deflect to a different point and hope nobody notices!
So NOW you want to be pantsed on your new choice of topic also? OK - happy to oblige -
You're trotting out the tediously well-worn lame-azz gun-grabber meme of ridiculing armed defense against a tyrannical government by suggesting that the US Military with all its array of lethal weaponry would make short work of any such armed resistance by the civilian population.
Leaving aside the fact that the US military is legally prohibited from such action within the US, all I need do to show how asinine is your gun-grabber meme is to ask you how well that's worked out for the US Military in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan - the US military nearly broken trying and ultimately failing to defeat a insurgencies in all 3 cases - in the equivalent (land area and population) of only a single US State.
2A rights remain every bit as vital to the health of the republic as they were at the founding. The 2A has nothing to do with hunting ... and magazines with whatever capacity is justified by the threats a law-abiding citizen is entitled to protect themselves against are protected by the 2A.
Maybe you can exercise your right to remain silent?

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#177 Feb 5, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Figures.
Figures you'd be dense enough to believe that too.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#178 Feb 5, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That's a whole lotta words spent trying to win an argument against a total stranger on a public message board. Lotsa time on your hands to care that much. Might I suggest employment?

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#179 Feb 5, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>See my last response, and try to think outside of your own safe little world..
Wouldn't you think a simple .38 or a .357 is a little more practical for the job? I don't think you need to put a whole in the guy (and the wall behind him) the size of a golf ball to get the point across. And if you're a cop & can't shoot the guy with less than 10 rounds, you'd better quit your day job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 47 min jimi-yank 330,554
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 53 min RangerYanksJets66 40,847
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,765
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Enough 11,263
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 6 hr TRUMP FAN 16
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 311,476
TRUMP - "Speech planned in Washington ! 6 hr I HAD a DREAM 2

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance