March 24: The cowardly Congress and the assault weapon ban

Mar 24, 2013 Read more: New York Daily News 150

Toms River, N.J.: So Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid abandoned the assault weapons ban .

Read more

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#44 Mar 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting comment because there is alot of spouting about MY second amendment/MY rights to own a gun/MY safety from the boogeman/tyrannical government/paranoia du jour who are coming after ME, ME, ME - you know that typical paranoia.
But what matters are those guns hurt/kill others - whether it is in a school, mall or a movie house. So it is about THEM, THEM, THEM.
That is what "matters", n'est-ce pas?
As you've been told several times and logic mandates, guns don't kill people. Evil people murder people, but of course not all killings are unwarranted nor unnecessary. This has been since the beginning of time with only the newest methods changing. How long since Columbine, this issue of safety in schools should have been handled the first week after the children's deaths the first time. You can't and won't get rid of all guns, so that isn't the solution, putting security and one entry point in schools is the solution. Maybe if we had used all of those billions that went to unions and green friends for school security four years ago, we wouldn't be having this debate.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#45 Mar 25, 2013
Talking about cowards, whatever happened to Hillary and Susan Rice?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#46 Mar 25, 2013
It's the usual story with Congress, especially an inept, fractured, partisan and divided one like this...talk about passing something and then compromise the crap out of it until the final result is almost completely worthless.

Happened already with Obamacare and Wall St. "reform," apparently happening with gun "regulation," too.

Congress SUCKS.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#47 Mar 25, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Talking about cowards, whatever happened to Hillary and Susan Rice?
I think what you mean twas "talking AS a coward." :)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#48 Mar 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>As you've been told several times and logic mandates, guns don't kill people...EDITED for STUPIDITY....
No need to look further for proof that the poster is a moron than that idiotic bumper-sticker phrase.

Of course guns kill people, you friggin' moron. People USE THEM TO KILL PEOPLE.

My god, pick up the clue phone ONCE a month, at least...

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#49 Mar 25, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Lying little cowards.
There's more than one of you?
Land o Bahamas

Nassau, Bahamas

#50 Mar 25, 2013
Some of you are vary hard on your President. Some are even disrespectful. I shall interpret the latter as anindication of your freedom's success, as it's good that you do not fear retribution, as is the case in some countries. But, with respect, I think he's doing a good job.

I await your contrary responses (or agreement), but ONLY if done civilly.

Location hidden

#51 Mar 25, 2013
Land o Bahamas wrote:
<quoted text>
Except when you are comparing people to apes or baboons. Then you seem like an ignorant hick.
In some cases, comparison to baboons is unfair - to baboons. Take you, for example.
Land o Bahamas

Nassau, Bahamas

#52 Mar 25, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>In some cases, comparison to baboons is unfair - to baboons. Take you, for example.
You actually dare to call me a baboon, you disgusting pig? You are a very disturbed individual. A racist liberal? Perhaps you wear that disguise in order to give vent to your racism while escaping blame?

According to evolutionary science, we all hail from some of primitive simian-like creature. You are no better than me for being white. We share a common mother, albeit thousands of generations ago.

Please do not bother to reply to any of my post. Your gross racist underbelly has been exposed for all to see. I wish no further discussion with the likes of you.

Get some help. Read a book. Educate yourself. You are quite ill.
Land o Bahamas

Nassau, Bahamas

#53 Mar 25, 2013
I should point out to others that LW had already been apprised of my mixed racial heritage on another Topix site. Why he chooses to attack me for this is beyond my understanding. What has race got to do with anything?
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#54 Mar 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> guns don't kill people. Evil people murder people,
Good NRA propaganda but the recent violent massacres our country has experienced recently have been with GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS, GUNS.

Until you frightwinger gun*uggers tell me that a pair of scissors killed all those innoncent folks, I will know - like others - that it was GUNS, GUNS, GUNS.

Try another propagandized NRA garbage ....
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#55 Mar 25, 2013
Land o Bahamas wrote:
Some of you are vary hard on your President. Some are even disrespectful.
I agree - these disrespectful folks can dislike this President but the tone/rhetoric/and yes racist remarks are not worthy of our country.

Just as those of us who disliked Bush, these folks could at least respect the office of the presidency and show some respect.

Location hidden

#56 Mar 25, 2013
Land o Bahamas wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually dare to call me a baboon, you disgusting pig? You are a very disturbed individual. A racist liberal? Perhaps you wear that disguise in order to give vent to your racism while escaping blame?
According to evolutionary science, we all hail from some of primitive simian-like creature. You are no better than me for being white. We share a common mother, albeit thousands of generations ago.
Please do not bother to reply to any of my post. Your gross racist underbelly has been exposed for all to see. I wish no further discussion with the likes of you.
Get some help. Read a book. Educate yourself. You are quite ill.
I don't give a rat's ass what color you are. I call you a baboon (actually somewhat below that) simply based on your moronic and lying words accusing me of racism.

What made you assume I knew what race you are anyway? Now you imply that you are non-white. Whether or not that's the case is irrelevant to me. Yes, I happen to be white. That's an accident of birth in which I take no pride. There is no superior race. Nitwits come in all colors.

Location hidden

#57 Mar 25, 2013
Land o Bahamas wrote:
I should point out to others that LW had already been apprised of my mixed racial heritage on another Topix site. Why he chooses to attack me for this is beyond my understanding. What has race got to do with anything?
I should point out that you are full of shit. Race has nothing to do with anything. Being an a'hole does.
LoLBama

Worcester, MA

#58 Mar 25, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't give a rat's ass what color you are. I call you a baboon (actually somewhat below that) simply based on your moronic and lying words accusing me of racism.
What made you assume I knew what race you are anyway? Now you imply that you are non-white. Whether or not that's the case is irrelevant to me. Yes, I happen to be white. That's an accident of birth in which I take no pride. There is no superior race. Nitwits come in all colors.
Keep backpedaling you RACISTS PIG!!

Location hidden

#59 Mar 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to look further for proof that the poster is a moron than that idiotic bumper-sticker phrase.
Of course guns kill people, you friggin' moron. People USE THEM TO KILL PEOPLE.
My god, pick up the clue phone ONCE a month, at least...
Yes, that's the liberal technique. Get rid of any voice of dispute or reason.

You little low information votes can't handle the level playing field in the battle of wits and information.

Well I guess it's attack the first amendment as well as the second, third and fourth.

Location hidden

#60 Mar 25, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I should point out that you are full of shit. Race has nothing to do with anything. Being an a'hole does.
Ah, the voice of experience.

Location hidden

#61 Mar 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - these disrespectful folks can dislike this President but the tone/rhetoric/and yes racist remarks are not worthy of our country.
Just as those of us who disliked Bush, these folks could at least respect the office of the presidency and show some respect.
Oh yes, with the hung effigies and the movie promoting his assignation, I am sure you were the perfect little peace nik.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#62 Mar 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that's the liberal technique. Get rid of any voice of dispute or reason.
You little low information votes can't handle the level playing field in the battle of wits and information.
Well I guess it's attack the first amendment as well as the second, third and fourth.
LOL...every one of those fits you like a glove, hypocrite. Project much?:)
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#64 Mar 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes, with the hung effigies
Oh you are so wrong - as usual - effigies are wrong (of anyone), throwing shoes are wrong (especially at our president - yes even Bush) and obsessing about our presidents' sex lives seems prebuscent and ignorant. Witching about their wives' bodies/shoes/bangs etc also seems prebuscent and ignorant

Yes, marching and speaking up about the Iraq war was - and is - correct because it has caused so much harm to our country - on all levels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 15 min Princess Hey 11,107
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 2 hr De Oppresso Liber 2,952
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr Paul Yanks 35,517
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 52,728
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 3 hr driver7789 12,290
Ingles Markets Inc selling? 3 hr Boris 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 315,223

Coastal Flood Statement for Queens County was issued at April 21 at 12:10AM EDT

More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]