The Typical Internet Innovator and Employee?
Posted in the Jackson-Heights Forum
#1 Jul 6, 2013
Your typical internet innovator or worker (?):
1) Extremely sub-par interpersonal skills. The inability of many people who create or work for internet firms to deal meaningfully with others borders on mental illness.
2) Categorical ethical judgments which can lead to criminal behavior. Let's say an internet innovator believes 'categorically' that all information should be free on the net. Well, no, information has never been totally free and it shouldn't be free - this would, basically, wreck the US economy even further.
But the concept that there is no 'black' or 'white' solution and that the solution concerning information on the internet might be a 'gray area' would be IMPOSSIBLE, apparently, for such a person to wrap his brain around. The person might then engage in criminal activity - perhaps hacking an information resource to provide 'free information.'
We also see this categorical approach in the constant appeal to 'freedom of speech!' on the internet. There has never been complete freedom of speech anywhere - every civilized society has balanced the rights to privacy with freedom of speech.
Complete freedom of speech would be a complete terror and this orientation to 'complete' freedom of speech has been turning the internet into an information sewer where nothing can be believed anymore.
But this is impossible for internet people to wrap their brains around. They cannot see the need for compromise or subtle, complex solutions.
3) Total lack of EQ and no capacity for insight. Your typical geek may have gone to Stanford or Harvard, but is an emotional moron. He/she has no depth of understanding concerning his/her own inner life and cannot feel deeply. This person lives on a superficial plane.
4) Extreme egocentricity. Such folks have an inability to feel what others feel and are isolated in their own infantile needs and wants. Is your web site harming a person? Who cares! I am making money from it and that's all that counts! I'm protected by the internet law of 1997 - who the fuck cares who gets hurt by my site!
5) Extreme emotional mood swings and total pettiness. This is manifested in the vicious attacks one often sees on the net and the extreme responses of internet geeks to people who offend them. One case: in Argentina an actress received a court order for Yahoo to remove photos she never authorized and which were displayed on their search engine. Yahoo threw a hissy fit and totally removed the actress' web presence entirely.
They could have acted with maturity, but, like typical internet folks, chose the path of revenge and pettiness.
So our society is now being shaped by these values.
Isn't it lovely.
Add your comments below
|Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08)||35 min||Da GreatDirtyWater||312,909|
|last post wins! (Jun '10)||46 min||The Phanton Rider||25,579|
|Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08)||1 hr||R C Honey||308,065|
|Queens man shot by friend in gang shootout dies||1 hr||reality is a crutch||1|
|Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09)||1 hr||The Phanton Rider||9,804|
|Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11)||1 hr||Driver7789||12,111|
|Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08)||2 hr||Mothra||50,496|
Find what you want!
Search Jackson-Heights Forum Now
Jackson-Heights News Video
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC