Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311316 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Havertown, PA

#321371 Jan 29, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says "most" abortions are done around 8 weeks?
The National Abortion Federation. Sounds like an important name.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321372 Jan 29, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
You really need to get yourself some new material "NR," your posts of late have been beyond boring.
And I do apologize for suspecting that an EMT just might have a greater knowledge of the effects of medical trauma than you ever will.
John-KKK: "I do apologize for suspecting that an EMT just might have a greater knowledge of the effects of medical trauma than you ever will."
_______

You didn't "suspect" anything, ya moron ya.

Here are your exact words:

"As an EMT, this man clearly knew that his wife had sustained substantial brain damage due to lack of oxygen. Also, as an EMT, he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance."

You were definitive that "he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn 'z-e-f.' The result of which being a 'child' unable to live without artificial assistance."

Damn you're dumb..........
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321373 Jan 29, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>

America is done with Gestation Nazis.
MOST people who refer to themselves as "pro-choice,...or "anti-gestation nazi's", agree and support restrictions on abortions or feel that abortion is wrong to be used as birth control. Lala even called them crazy and they need psychological help if they have more than one abortion.

Yeah, so....sounds like they are "gestation nazi's" to me. Apparently American *isn't* "done" with it, are they now ;)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321374 Jan 29, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Morraly obliged to prevent becoming pregnant? Controlling much? Do you intend to have men live up to some vague opinion of what you consider to he moral?
That would be self control and thinking ahead like an adult. It would be nice if men thought at all butn I wouldn't count on it and I would protect myself.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321375 Jan 29, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Removing skin tags, which is also a living cell like a zygote, is also called a "Medical Procedure".
You're SO original. NEVER heard that one before.

Hey knucklehead, your "skintag",while indeed a "living cell",is not your developing offspring/child.

Do you equate "removing" life support from your loved one to a skintag too because they are a "living cell"?

@@
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321376 Jan 29, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've been at parties where entire civilizations were lost...:)
<quoted text>
What kinda parties?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321377 Jan 29, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, hon...like you being stuck on the whole LTA restrictions thing, after what, a year now?
If a blastocyst were removed from the uterus, would it be a baby? If a zygote or an embryo were removed from the uterus would it be a baby?
If I put a carrot seed into your hand would you say, "I have a carrot here"?
You can leave my daughter, and your judgements of me as a parent out of it. It's just an evasion anyway. And I really don't care what you think on that subject. At least I don't abuse my children with stories about burning in hell if they don't toe the line to a vengeful hate-god, or fill their heads with garbage from some book of myths. Talk about raising effed-up kids.
Are you okay ?? I answered you how many times now? YES, it IS a baby. From the moment of my babies conception, he went hrough MANY different stages of developing. Blastocyst was one of them. Zygote was another. Fetus was another. Newborn was another. Toddler was another, etc...

Now, ask me again.

"""If I put a carrot seed in your hand would you say I have a carrot here?""""

Hmmmmm....a "carrot" "seed". The seed would need to be implanted and grown but yes, a carrot awaiting development for sure.

I wouldn't call my husbands sperm(seed) "my baby" until or unless fertilized. Otherwise it is seed.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#321378 Jan 29, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What kinda parties?
Tupperware
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#321379 Jan 29, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Most abortions are done around eight weeks. This looks like a baby to me.
http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/what-my-baby...
It is a baby. It will develop into many stages of his or her life. it is a human in that womb. That baby is born and the umbilical cord that attaches itself to his/her mom for nutrients, gets cut to separate the two. Today many women find out the sex early on of their "baby". Those mom name them and decorate their babies nursery based on the sex of their child. Once baby is viable and matured, he or she is pushed out via labor.

Longnightmoom aka "L", is still trying to justify abortion. She is frustrated that she can't after all these years.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#321381 Jan 29, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Are you okay ?? I answered you how many times now? YES, it IS a baby. From the moment of my babies conception, he went hrough MANY different stages of developing. Blastocyst was one of them. Zygote was another. Fetus was another. Newborn was another. Toddler was another, etc...
Now, ask me again.
"""If I put a carrot seed in your hand would you say I have a carrot here?""""
Hmmmmm....a "carrot" "seed". The seed would need to be implanted and grown but yes, a carrot awaiting development for sure.
I wouldn't call my husbands sperm(seed) "my baby" until or unless fertilized. Otherwise it is seed.
A carrot seed is not a carrot.

A carrot awaiting development would be cut up and put in my beef stew.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#321382 Jan 29, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> It is a baby. It will develop into many stages of his or her life. it is a human in that womb. That baby is born and the umbilical cord that attaches itself to his/her mom for nutrients, gets cut to separate the two. Today many women find out the sex early on of their "baby". Those mom name them and decorate their babies nursery based on the sex of their child. Once baby is viable and matured, he or she is pushed out via labor.
Longnightmoom aka "L", is still trying to justify abortion. She is frustrated that she can't after all these years.
You don't believe there is such a thing as a life threatening pregnancy, except maybe an ectopic pregnancy. And removing it, according to you, is not an abortion.

We know, we know to you there is no justification for abortion under any circumstances, because at the end of the day you really believe it is first degree murder. Why not just call it
"murder by abortion"? That way every one will know you're whacky before trying to reason with you -- ya know, like about civil rights and legal terms, facts, and stuff like that.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#321383 Jan 29, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They are peeved.
I understand their concern and they should be concerned because people not states are having second thoughts about on demand abortion. I think in general many folks think that abortion should be legal but not used as birth control in lieu of careful contraception practices. It is hard to believe that one million abortions a year are due to contraception failure. The drug companies would go out of business. The fact is that contraception is extremely effective when used. The pendulum always swings too far one way and then the other. We will probably end up in the middle somewhere.
Hey John, don't always assume that I don't understand what is being said, just because I don't agree.
Evening "Ink."
My apologies...I was thinking that since you replied that, "you can still have an abortion," you either didn't want to think about the accumulated restrictions that are being enacted, or didn't realize that this is what "N-A-P" and the others were referring to.
I was not trying to be dismissive, or diminish your position.
I'm not sure I agree with your assertion of "abortion on demand," but I know that that's become the "rallying cry" of those who oppose abortion for any reason whatsoever.
Truth be told, we don't really "know" why women choose to have an abortion because, thankfully, that's not a requirement for obtaining one.
I do, however, agree with your observation that "we'll probably end up in the middle somewhere."

Location hidden

#321384 Jan 29, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
John-KKK: "I do apologize for suspecting that an EMT just might have a greater knowledge of the effects of medical trauma than you ever will."
_______
You didn't "suspect" anything, ya moron ya.
Here are your exact words:
"As an EMT, this man clearly knew that his wife had sustained substantial brain damage due to lack of oxygen. Also, as an EMT, he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance."
You were definitive that "he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn 'z-e-f.' The result of which being a 'child' unable to live without artificial assistance."
Damn you're dumb..........
My dear, daft, dreary "NR,"

You're compounding two posts and, as usual, drawing the wrong conclusion therefrom.
My first post did indeed state:
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...

"Also, as an EMT, he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance."

As an EMT, he ought to know something of that nature "perfectly well."

My next post--to you said;

" And I do apologize for suspecting that an EMT just might have a greater knowledge of the effects of medical trauma than you ever will."

That's where the "suspicion" arose my silly, erm--co-poster...

Keep on swingin' slugger!

;)

P.S., what's the "KKK" connotation for?
I don't happen to be racist--I think any woman of any race, Caucasian, African American, Polynesian, Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin, etc., should be able to obtain an abortion if they feel they need one...

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#321385 Jan 29, 2014
Sorry for interrupting, but John-K, I'm still seeing cleavage in your avatar picture. Do me a favour, and glance back, from a distance, and you may at least understand what I see. I see a red light on two really big boobs, in a half-moon cut blouse, but when I click on the image, it's obviously not that. What is it?

boy, you sure are a funny kid, johnny, but I like you! so tell me,
What kind of a boy are you, john?

Do you only like dreaming
All the day long
Where no one is screaming
Be good be good

Am I alone in this? Doesn't anyone else see what I'm seeing? I've done ink blot tests before, I'm quite normal. Everyone knows about half of them depicts a kid taking a knife to their Daddy. I say Daddy cause the man in the ink blot picture is obviously a boy on account of the short hair and really big bulge in his pants. Anyways......not to go off on a tangent and forget the real issue here, but I see boobs. I see really, really, big boobs!

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321386 Jan 30, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You're SO original. NEVER heard that one before.
Hey knucklehead, your "skintag",while indeed a "living cell",is not your developing offspring/child.
Do you equate "removing" life support from your loved one to a skintag too because they are a "living cell"?
@@
The skin tag can't think, which is the difference. The embryo is a cell, but can't think either. Get it, pinhead?

Location hidden

#321387 Jan 30, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
Sorry for interrupting, but John-K, I'm still seeing cleavage in your avatar picture. Do me a favour, and glance back, from a distance, and you may at least understand what I see. I see a red light on two really big boobs, in a half-moon cut blouse, but when I click on the image, it's obviously not that. What is it?
boy, you sure are a funny kid, johnny, but I like you! so tell me,
What kind of a boy are you, john?
Do you only like dreaming
All the day long
Where no one is screaming
Be good be good
Am I alone in this? Doesn't anyone else see what I'm seeing? I've done ink blot tests before, I'm quite normal. Everyone knows about half of them depicts a kid taking a knife to their Daddy. I say Daddy cause the man in the ink blot picture is obviously a boy on account of the short hair and really big bulge in his pants. Anyways......not to go off on a tangent and forget the real issue here, but I see boobs. I see really, really, big boobs!
Oooh, I know the opening steps to this dance...
Good Morning Rachel!
How've ya been luv?
My dear, two quick questions as I've got to head on in to work...
1. Where's my gal with that trademark "leer" of hers from under her shades?(I keep the symbolic "boob" avatar up for you after all...;P)
2. Will you please tell those Canadian Ice Gods to take this friggin' winter and stuff it someplace already!?!?! Arghh...have had more than enough of this nonsense by now.

Honestly, the image from my avatar was a GIF from the homepage of a really weird website called Fusion Anomaly;
http://www.fusionanomaly.net/
and it was given this weird "tunnel/vortex" treatment by Team Anfy;
http://anfyteam.com/
I used to use it as a screen-saver, until my system no longer supported it.
Watching it twist itself inside-out was and eye-glazing, slack-jawing experience, so, when I'd signed up for Topix and was deciding on an avatar, I had this image in my head and thought "perfect!"
Truly though, you're the only one who's come to the conclusion that it's some sort of subliminal "boob-shot."
Goes to show what an interesting imagination you've go Milady...;)

Have a good day!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321388 Jan 30, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Most abortions are done around eight weeks. This looks like a baby to me.
http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/what-my-baby...
http://img2.etsystatic.com/000 /0/5972583/il_fullxfull.269467 310.jpg

Bet that does too. Doesn't mean it IS one.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321389 Jan 30, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What kinda parties?
cPeterPrance goes to BYOF parties.

Bring Your Own Fudge.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321390 Jan 30, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear, daft, dreary "NR,"
You're compounding two posts and, as usual, drawing the wrong conclusion therefrom.
My first post did indeed state:
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...
"Also, as an EMT, he knew perfectly well, that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance."
As an EMT, he ought to know something of that nature "perfectly well."
My next post--to you said;
" And I do apologize for suspecting that an EMT just might have a greater knowledge of the effects of medical trauma than you ever will."
That's where the "suspicion" arose my silly, erm--co-poster...
Keep on swingin' slugger!
;)
P.S., what's the "KKK" connotation for?
I don't happen to be racist--I think any woman of any race, Caucasian, African American, Polynesian, Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin, etc., should be able to obtain an abortion if they feel they need one...
Dear John-KKK, what you fail to grasp is your statement is nothing but conjecture based on assumptions - not fact.

"...he knew perfectly well that her oxygen deprivation was transferred to her unborn "z-e-f." The result of which being a "child" unable to live without artificial assistance."

You do not know that this father's baby would've lived with artificial assistance. She very well could've lived a very independent, fruitful & worthwhile life....without ANY disabilities. But since your proabort 'hero' KILLED his baby girl, we won't know.

John-KKK: "P.S., what's the "KKK" connotation for?"

A disproportionate number of black babies are aborted.

And.

YOU support this.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#321391 Jan 30, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>The skin tag can't think, which is the difference. The embryo is a cell, but can't think either. Get it, pinhead?
Your skin tag DNA-sample result would show it came from your body.

A DNA sample from a preborn baby would indicate it came from the preborn baby's body. It would conclude that baby he/she is a unique, distinct human being.

Were you in special ed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Into The Night 60,009
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Chelsea (Nov '13) 8 min SPAM-A-LOT 31
Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton 11 min feel that BERN baby 3
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 12 min jimi-yank 40,085
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 24 min NYStateOfMind 329,646
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,359
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr GEORGIA 14,572
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages