Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

WoodsyOwl

Mooresville, NC

#321342 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you such an angry piece of work? You are always on attack mode. Isn't being that pissed off all the time tiring? Peace, child.
One would think being as stupid as you are would be tiring as well, but you seem to thrive on stupidity - your own and that which is spoon-fed to you by other far right idiots who NEED your kind.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321343 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
Sorry, but that does nothing to prove the statement you made.

Try again?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321344 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I can do whatever I want. Woman power.
Okay, because you are so stupid, I'll dumb it down for you. I wasn't saying you couldn't try, but that you can't, because it's not possible to deflect from it. It's there, we can all see it, and pointing somewhere else won't change that.

You're welcome, Witless.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321345 Jan 28, 2014
I've been at parties where entire civilizations were lost...:)
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dang, then dudes whacking off in the shower must be a massacre!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#321346 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I called mine a baby from the moment I knew I was pregnant and sure enough nine months later he emerged a new born baby. That's the way expecting parents feel. Just because you don't want it and plan to get rid of it doesn't mean it isn't real and a living human developing child.
Evade, evade, evade...is a blastocyst, an embryo or a zygote a baby? If you were to look at one would it be a baby?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321347 Jan 28, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Oh for crying out loud, are you still hooked on this? You've been explained this over and over. Yes, it *is* the womans baby at its very early stages of *their* life. Whether you like it or not, that baby is your offspring and is alive and growing.
I bet your daughter has issues. She must feel disconnected from a mother like you who won't acknowledge that you were her child UNTIL she was born where you can feel and see her from the outside.
Yeah, hon...like you being stuck on the whole LTA restrictions thing, after what, a year now?

If a blastocyst were removed from the uterus, would it be a baby? If a zygote or an embryo were removed from the uterus would it be a baby?

If I put a carrot seed into your hand would you say, "I have a carrot here"?

You can leave my daughter, and your judgements of me as a parent out of it. It's just an evasion anyway. And I really don't care what you think on that subject. At least I don't abuse my children with stories about burning in hell if they don't toe the line to a vengeful hate-god, or fill their heads with garbage from some book of myths. Talk about raising effed-up kids.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321348 Jan 28, 2014
I live in IN; the only reason we aren't another Detroit is because the state refuses to maintain or repair infrastructure. That's not doing well, that's setting up a catastrophe. Our moronic governor is too busy pushing for an anti-SSM amendment to address the lack of jobs and industry. The teabaggers are destroying this state, and their acolytes are too frigging stupid to understand it.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
States like TN, UT, IN, TX, ND and WI. Look it up or take my word for it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321349 Jan 28, 2014
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL........now she'll be screaming genocide on wasted sperm.
They die by the millions every day. So where's the outrage? lmao!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#321350 Jan 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
The screaming must've been horrific.

;)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#321351 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't compelled to become a mother. You can have an abortion.
Good evening "Ink!"

How're you liking this current cold-spell?

Personally, I'm sick to death of it--my little, low-to-the-ground cars don't do well in this sort of weather. Gonna have to bite the bullet and get a pick-up.
This is why I'd moved back downstate from upstate New York--to get away from this friggin' Arctic Air.

That said, I think what you may be either misunderstanding, or not understanding, is that there is a concerted effort on the overall "PL" side of the aisle to do away with abortion all together, by any means necessary. If it means chipping away at "Roe" bit by bit in the Federal arena, or if it means States enacting their own restrictive measures to make it more difficult for a woman to obtain an abortion, "PC" women are looking at this trend with a "genuine" sense of disquiet.
You can't get an abortion without going through this ordeal first.
You have to wait such-and-such a time before you can actually get an abortion.
You have to submit to this sort of invasive "probe" before you can be considered for an abortion.
Your Health-Care provider can no longer cover abortions because of this added clause.
On, and on, and on, and on.

That, I believe, is what "N-A-P" and others are rather "peeved" about...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321352 Jan 28, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> They shouldn't*become* mothers, but they do. Then they kill them. Or they pick and choose which child lives or dies.
Pathetic when they act like a good mom who loves that child that they allowed to make it to the 9th month. What a joke.
You're raving, dear.

The ones who 'shouldn't become mothers' are the ones who DON'T WANT TO become mothers. Abortion on demand, and without apology.

Suck it, fundie fetus sniffer..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321353 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they are making things work well for everyone in the states.
No, actually, they're not, since I am 'in a 'State' which has abortion law which doesn't work for me.
Am I not a citizen of Oklahoma? Does my vote mean nothing? It should.
Ink wrote:
Conservative states are in much better shape than the federal government.
Bullshit.
http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are...
Ink wrote:
People aren't stupid, they know when things are getting better.
If that were true, you'd 'know' that ABORTION RATES ARE GOING DOWN, not UP, and that ACCESS TO BIRTH CONTROL is the reason for this trend.
But of course, that doesn't fit your 'fuck women who want to kill their children' script.
You fundie fucking HYPOCRITE.
(it's such a b itch that your 'god' actually couldn't care less about abortions...so you futilely feel the need to offer YOUR help to curb them....idn'it?)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321354 Jan 28, 2014
previous post s/h/r "...does my vote mean ANYTHING?"

It should.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321356 Jan 28, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if they don't feel that way I pity their poor child at birth and beyond.
Maybe all the pro aborts are the way they are because their mothers couldn't even acknowledge them as their children until birth and then possibly resented having the child.
Maybe so.. and YOU are the faction that thinks the women you describe should be morally OBLIGATED to give birth.

You fundie fetus-sniffing HYPOCRITE.

(SEE, this is why I assert that you believe abortion is 'all about you, and your discomfort/aversion, and not about those ACTUALLY affected by abortion laws.)

I know....you categorically REFUSE to get that. You're genetically obtuse.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnext...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#321357 Jan 28, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.

I prefer not to second-guess the Divine....and man, was that party DIVINE.

:)
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321358 Jan 29, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evade, evade, evade...is a blastocyst, an embryo or a zygote a baby? If you were to look at one would it be a baby?
Yes it is a developing baby. It's 'baby appearance and personality is already decided. The die is cast.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321359 Jan 29, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe so.. and YOU are the faction that thinks the women you describe should be morally OBLIGATED to give birth.
You fundie fetus-sniffing HYPOCRITE.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnext...
i think they should be morally obliged to prevent becomming pregnant. That would be be the morally responsible thing to do. Killing a child in the womb isn't moral in any way. imo

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#321360 Jan 29, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is a developing baby. It's 'baby appearance and personality is already decided. The die is cast.
Chromosomes and genes, so what?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321361 Jan 29, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No, actually, they're not, since I am 'in a 'State' which has abortion law which doesn't work for me.
Am I not a citizen of Oklahoma? Does my vote mean nothing? It should.
<quoted text>Bullshit.
http://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are...
<quoted text>If that were true, you'd 'know' that ABORTION RATES ARE GOING DOWN, not UP, and that ACCESS TO BIRTH CONTROL is the reason for this trend.
But of course, that doesn't fit your 'fuck women who want to kill their children' script.
You fundie fucking HYPOCRITE.
(it's such a b itch that your 'god' actually couldn't care less about abortions...so you futilely feel the need to offer YOUR help to curb them....idn'it?)
Now for the other side, oh happy one. Smile, God loves you.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/the_my...
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#321362 Jan 29, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So.... An acorn is a tree too using that fundie "logic"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min OzRitz 52,844
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 58 min jimi-yank 35,571
News Ben Affleck and the debate for Reparation conti... 1 hr Tinka 14
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 315,480
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 4 hr Just Saying 3,189
last post wins! (Jun '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 25,882
Poll Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) Apr 11 2brokeworthless 65
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]