Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321116 Jan 23, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, one can expect what doesn't currently exist. When you plant a seed, you expect a plant, and then you expect that plant to flower. Do you call the seed a flower? Are they one and the same to you? You're silly.
Nope. What you are expecting in those instances is for a process that has not happened yet, to take place. When you are "expecting" someone or something to arrive, i.e. they are in route, then that someone or something must already exist. It's simple physics.
Silly you.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321117 Jan 23, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you're a real gent. Is that you, Hayden?
Panettiere? No, sorry.
Wow ?
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321118 Jan 23, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove you exist.
While you chew on that, I'll be over here, taking comfort in the fact that abortion remains legal, regardless of your opinion that it is 'wrong'.
Don't support abortion?
Don't have one.
Next....
Reference what Descartes said.
Since I chewed on that for all of one second looks like you didn't get to take comfort in legal abortion for very long. Too bad. That's a shot in your hefty derrière.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321119 Jan 23, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have failed logic when you were a kid.
And you must've failed hygiene. Damn man, you gotta clean yourself better.

Wipe for Jesus !

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321120 Jan 23, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. What you are expecting in those instances is for a process that has not happened yet, to take place. When you are "expecting" someone or something to arrive, i.e. they are in route, then that someone or something must already exist. It's simple physics.
Silly you.
When I got pregnant in October, I expected a baby in July....unless I miscarried the fetus, which happened five times. One of these was lodged in my Fallopian tube, so I had it removed. After that, I expected to live.

Which I did.

Next....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321121 Jan 23, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I chewed on that for all of one second looks like you didn't get to take comfort in legal abortion for very long. Too bad. That's a shot in your hefty derrière.
Descartes does not exist....anymore.

Next...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321122 Jan 23, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The thing is, "expecting a baby in February" is indicating that the fetus isn't a baby until after the birth in February.
No it doesn't. It informs that the baby will be born in February.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321123 Jan 23, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. I understand, you're protecting yourself from them. I don't blame you, they're brutal once you start agreeing with pro-choicers, even on subjects OTHER than abortion.
I don't think I have anything to fear.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#321124 Jan 23, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly you.
A baby doesn't exit until it's born. Therefore, you're expecting something that doesn't exist, by your own logic. A fetus becomes an infant. A seed becomes a plant. An acorn becomes a tree. Etc...As always, as I've said before, you are allowed to believe whatever you like, as long as it doesn't infringe upon a woman's abortion rights. You really have no say in any other person's pregnancy but your own. That's what is always boils down to. You have an opinion, nothing more. Argue away, sir.

Atrisco Village

#321125 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, it sounds like they ordered a baby on Ebay and that's when it gets shipped via UPS.
<quoted text>
lol. "Oooo, we're expecting a little bundle of joy..." Jeez, the fifties called, it wants it's delusions back.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#321126 Jan 23, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove you exist.
While you chew on that, I'll be over here, taking comfort in the fact that abortion remains legal, regardless of your opinion that it is 'wrong'.
Don't support abortion?
Don't have one.
Next....
He must exist or you wouldn't be responding to him.

Atrisco Village

#321127 Jan 23, 2014
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Panettiere? No, sorry.
Wow ?
No, not your idol, sorry. There's another vet who's obsessed with women's uteri lurking the forum. You are quite like him. You're grammar is a bit better...maybe.

Have a good afternoon.

Atrisco Village

#321128 Jan 23, 2014
>your< grammar, that is. Lol, my grammar sucks, apparently :-)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321129 Jan 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have anything to fear.
Uh huh.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321130 Jan 23, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When I got pregnant in October, I expected a baby in July....unless I miscarried the fetus, which happened five times. One of these was lodged in my Fallopian tube, so I had it removed. After that, I expected to live.
Which I did.
Next....
Precisely. And when I was expecting my sister for Thanksgiving, she also could have potentially met her untimely demise on the way. That doesn't mean she never existed.
Silly goose.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321131 Jan 23, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Descartes does not exist....anymore.
Next...
What Descartes SAID, not what he SAYS.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#321132 Jan 23, 2014
"I think, therefore I am."--Rene Descartes

Fetuses don't think, therefore, they aren't.
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321133 Jan 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He must exist or you wouldn't be responding to him.
She responds therefore I am.
VoteVets Org

Chicago, IL

#321134 Jan 23, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
"I think, therefore I am."--Rene Descartes
Fetuses don't think, therefore, they aren't.
<quoted text>
Yet we know for a fact that they "are". I think it might take old Rene a while to mull over that conundrum.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#321135 Jan 23, 2014
gidget wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner operates with clarity, accuracy & integrity - none of which are qualities that you demonstrate. She avoids melodramatic dishonesty, since her position (unlike yours) doesn't require those stunts for support.
Sucks to be you.
Bitner consistently avoids answering legitimate questions when doing so will expose her ineptitude & hypocricy.

She has never veered from this cowardly approach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NYPD officer shot in head dies, commissioner ci... 13 min TOASTER 57
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 44 min the don 315,844
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr the don 35,613
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 3 hr BS detector 3,411
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr the don 10,697
Poll Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) 3 hr mattashley73 68
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 4 hr El Nemo the Brill... 18,985
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]