Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317632 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318397 Dec 15, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your controlling azz and walk it out the door.
I will say whatever I want.....YOU are not my prime consideration.
Get over yourself sweetheart.
vice versa toots!

Location hidden

#318398 Dec 15, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your controlling azz and walk it out the door.
I will say whatever I want.....YOU are not my prime consideration.
Get over yourself sweetheart.
oh,,, btw... make me!

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#318399 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No, I get that, I do. Yeah, I had risks, but I just don't like how she's making it out to practically be a death sentence, and a trip to the poor house.
Self centered YOU are not every woman/girl. It can be a death sentence to some and a trip to the poor house for many. YOU tend to base everything on your self. Get over it. The issue is LARGER than you.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318400 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No, I get that, I do. Yeah, I had risks, but I just don't like how she's making it out to practically be a death sentence, and a trip to the poor house.
And I think you're reading more into it than is actually there.

BTW, for some women, it is.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#318401 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Then go hide under the covers in fear. Don't forget to tell everyone else how they should feel/act.
They can feel however they want.

The rubber meets the road when they try to pursue law based on mythology.

Your insistence on picking a fight is laughable. Nothing better to do?

Why don't you go fluff your hair and apply some lipstick have a cup of coffee and relax.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318402 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>No, she's practically making it a death sentence, and a trip to the poor house. I don't like that. And ya, choice is a wonderful.
Again, for some women, it is. You not liking her pointing out that possibility in the face of those who wish to deny it ever happens, is really irrelevant.

And you not making the same complaint when someone on the other side implies that a woman can always get the help she needs, if she's not selfish and lazy, is hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#318404 Dec 15, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Self centered YOU are not every woman/girl. It can be a death sentence to some and a trip to the poor house for many. YOU tend to base everything on your self. Get over it. The issue is LARGER than you.
"Death sentence for some, and a trip to the poor house for many".(((shiver)))

You're not every woman/girl either.

Keep speaking on my behalf though, I can't stop you.

You get over it. The issue isn't as LARGE as you like to portray it.

Location hidden

#318405 Dec 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think you're reading more into it than is actually there.
Which is exactly what I think Morgana is doing.

Location hidden

#318406 Dec 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>

And you not making the same complaint when someone on the other side implies that a woman can always get the help she needs, if she's not selfish and lazy, is hypocrisy.
What are you talking about? A woman not getting what she needs is because I said she's selfish, and lazy? What? When did I say that?

Location hidden

#318408 Dec 15, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>

Why don't you go fluff your hair and apply some lipstick have a cup of coffee and relax.
Ah huh,, k

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318409 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text> "Death sentence for some, and a trip to the poor house for many".(((shiver)))
And it isn't about you. It really isn't about any of us here, except in the broadest of senses. The issue is large enough that it proves that each and every one of us (yes, even you) should have the choice of whether or not to take/continue that possible risk.

And that possibility is all that is being mentioned. Again, in the face of those who wish to deny it EVER happens. If you are not one of those people, then you have no need to get so upset over the way someone else expresses it. Scroll on past if it upsets you so.

It's you who is overreacting, actually. And you are trying to justify it by pretending that something has happened that has not.....that the poster is claiming pregnancy damages every women's health, or finances. That is not the case.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318410 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly what I think Morgana is doing.
But she's not. Merely mentioning that it CAN is not the same as saying it always DOES.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318411 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? A woman not getting what she needs is because I said she's selfish, and lazy? What? When did I say that?
Again, calm yourself. Go back and re-read that, because that's not what I said.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#318412 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah huh,, k
Apparently, the self-admitted troll can dish it out, but cannot take it, I see ;-D

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#318413 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text> "Death sentence for some, and a trip to the poor house for many".(((shiver)))
I never claimed to be every woman/girl.

I am for allowing ALL women/girls to deal with their own pregnancies. Apparently you are not.

YOU are implying that your personal set of experiences and your ability to deal with them is every woman/girls same experience. Like I said....get over yourself.
Penelope Garcia

United States

#318414 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Risks in everything! So don't do anything?
What I WILL do is choose for myself what risks I'll take. You don't speak for others either.

I was scared throughout my pregnancies. I don't dwell on it though. If you weren't scared good for you. You get to tell everyone how great and easy it was for you. Other women get to tell their stories too. You have the right to not listen.

We women go through a lot from start to finish in a pregnancy and labor, and for awhile after labor too. I think we earned some bitching rights. Maybe you felt great throughout your pregnancies. Maybe you had no pain and discomfort or health issues. Fabulous!

Maybe your hips are as wide as a canyon and your birth canal is as spacious as the Holland Tunnel and your babes slipped right out while you were watching TV. Again that's fabulous. To you that means you get to tell other women to shut their mouths about what they went through because they're feelings don't matter.

Pregnancy and labor are scary. Most of the time things go right but there's many things that have the POTENTIAL to go wrong.

Your flippant attitude not withstanding.
Penelope Garcia

United States

#318415 Dec 15, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
It IS a death sentence for some and it IS a a trip to the poor house for many. Who also ends up in the poor house with Mom? The children. It's a reality. Maybe you're living nice and comfy somewhere in an affluent community but millions of women and children aren't and ARE living in poverty. That IS both a LARGE issue and a WIDESPREAD issue. It's a HUGE issue.
Penelope Garcia

United States

#318416 Dec 15, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
It really scares me that anyone believes that a sky daddy is sitting around granting pregnancy to the fcking masses....literally!:)
That same sky daddy must be the one taking pregnancies away by causing miscarriages. What did all those poor couples do the be punished in such a cruel manner? I guess we'll never know.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#318417 Dec 15, 2013
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>Morals are subjective, I understand that, a "moral society" bases its laws on what is considered right, or just by the majority of it's people. In order to make a determination of what is right/just all aspects of the question, and realistic value of those aspects, must be considered. In abortion, some may consider killing the fetus immoral, others may consider forcing a woman to carry to term immoral, to address that question as a society we must consider both arguments and their realistic value. Since I've been posting back here in the last couple weeks all I have tried to address are those that are being unrealistic about the value of a living human fetus, or perhaps the exaggeration of the woman's rights by comparing her to a slave. We cannot base our laws, as a moral society, on anything less than reasonable arguments.
Personally, I believe that aborting a fetus without extreme circumstance is immoral, as I believe imposing my beliefs on a woman and forcing her to carry the pregnancy to term, without myself being responsible or suffering the consequences of that pregnancy, immoral. Abortion is a complicated issue and no law, or ruling, will satisfy both sides, so it has to be addressed realistically. It seems to me that most people here see their side as good and the other side as bad, while neither side even considers the other's arguments. I have not tried to argue what is moral, only that the question has to be addressed as a moral society, seeking what is right/just, intelligently, considering all aspects, and their realistic value.
Roe v Wade addresses abortion realistically, intelligently, and with consideration for the 'interests of the State.'

How do you propose to 'address' the complicated issue of abortion?(Since 'personhood' amendments are being rejected right and left, and so far all the 'pro-life' side has accomplished with regard to 'intelligently' addressing it, is to increase the number of hoops women must jump through, and make us wait longer, to get one?)

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#318418 Dec 15, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Roe v Wade addresses abortion realistically, intelligently, and with consideration for the 'interests of the State.'
How do you propose to 'address' the complicated issue of abortion?(Since 'personhood' amendments are being rejected right and left, and so far all the 'pro-life' side has accomplished with regard to 'intelligently' addressing it, is to increase the number of hoops women must jump through, and make us wait longer, to get one?)
Yeah, these so called prolifers are merely procontrol, these personhood bills speak volumes! The push is to grant personhood from "the moment of conception" is an attempt to eliminate the actual "personhood" of the woman/girl and reduce her to second class status. Granting personhood is religious based and nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What qualities did Huma see in Wiener ? 5 min Hillary Blames ot... 4
Why Hillary won't take a knee 17 min Hillary Blames ot... 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 50 min jimi-yank 340,318
Republicans are feckless 2 hr American culture 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,986
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 18,740
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 17,586

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages