Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#316509 Nov 24, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that something?
Yeah....the compassion of billionaires. You low paid employees should support each other....we billionaires are strapped for cash.
The only people who can stop this insanity is us. Boycott the holidays. Find creative ways of celebrating, I know I am, simply to stick it to them :)
http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/23/news/companie...

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#316510 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when I have time I'll tell you all about it, since I know many here want to hear it again :)
The deal is having an abortion wouldn't fix my problems no more then it fixes the problem's with those who have them now.
To me, and this is a sad attempt at explaining, but abortion for many, is the same as a guy who has drug issues and causes many issues, but instead of telling him it's time to really look at his life, and what he's doing, we tell him no big deal, all is legally good, so keep on trucking.
I was the only one who said the child should be kept, instead of aborted, but I can only give credit to God for that, since I had just got saved, and before that I to was for abortion.
People can legally do many things, from abortion to divorce, only to find themselves needing another divorce, or abortion later on.
It's simple to me "now" -we are sinful, and although there may be things you may have never done or thought, there's still plenty you have done or thought, that others find very offensive.
It's not about being religious, it's about a personal knowledge, and relationship with our creator that makes a difference, not only here but for eternity)
Let me tell you something...abortion would not fix YOUR problem because you do not carry the pregnancy nor do you carry any medical risk. YOU have nothing to worry about...nothing. Abortion fixes many problems for those who have medical issues, for those who have been raped, for those who are incapable of raising a child on their own, for those who will struggle through life with no support systems or help. WHO are YOU to say? YOU will never be in those POSITIONS. AND you really don't care about those who are in those positions. YOU feel that YOUR religious beliefs should trump all.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316511 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would any woman want to get pregnant, if she knew there's no way she would want a baby?
Ask the mistress. She obviously didn't want to get pregnant.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#316512 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems we are our worst enemies.
I remember when many /most stores were closed on Sunday, but no longer. I talked to the owner of a large groc. Store, and he started opening on sun about 15 years ago. He said he had to, since other stores did near his, but again if those stores were closed, people would buy more on mon. Plus people could spend more time with family, but honestly I'm not sure many people even care anymore, as long as they can buy what they want, when they want :(
The auto parts store thingy is truly sad to me. I'm sure the folks that work there hate that sign they see everday.
Autozone closed early one time for a holiday, but I can't remember which one. It was one hour early, and the guy inside said he would just like them to come slap his face instead. Funny /not funny (:(
It is sad...and now we can be taking care of business 24/7. We can be talking to Jake from State Farm at 3 in the morning instead of sleeping in bed.

And people wonder why they're stressed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#316513 Nov 24, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
And a very "Good Evening" to you "Milady Moon!"
Yes, it's always a pleasure to "see" you too!
Regarding my reply to our mutual friend, "Sassafrass," I was simply attempting to highlight her penchant for stating her opinions as though they are irrefutable fact, and to present her with the sort of "absolutist" choices she feels she can present to make her case that, "Anyone who believes in any sort of restrictions with regards to the subject of abortion can't possibly be genuinely "Pro-Choice."
I expect if we all said "no restrictions...abortions should be available right up to seconds before birth" Sassy think that's even worse. She should be happy some people are fine with restrictions...but it's just another point to argue.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316514 Nov 24, 2013
Because a-holes keep passing unnecessary laws intended to impede access to legal abortions. Are you being intentionally idiotic, or do you have no choice in the matter?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? it is legal in all states.

Indianapolis

#316515 Nov 24, 2013
Proving once again that PLM zombies don't object to abortion as long as THEY get to decide which abortions take place.

Frigging hypocrite.
Morgana McUninformed wrote:
<quoted text>In a nutshell you're a mental wreck Morgana,your parents should have taken YOUR current advice and aborted YOU. From the second you slithered out of your maternal prison, you have hated this world. Your life's goal is to insure that NO babies get to make it out alive. Your woeful education/indoctrination courtesy of the public school system has sure done it's job. Basically if there was a law to abort all libtards, I would THEN be pro-choice, until then I still respect a babies right TO NOT BE BUTCHERED.I'm done with you Morgana in WW2 the gi's would call you FUBAR, go Google it monster.

Indianapolis

#316516 Nov 24, 2013
Yeah. Sometimes they become president.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids being raised in non traditional situations causes all kinds of problems. You never know what kids are taking from any living arrangement.

Indianapolis

#316517 Nov 24, 2013
Remember when Reagan declared ketchup a vegetable?
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was. And I thought it was ridiculous at the time, until I realized it wouldn't stop even one person from drowning themselves in soda :)
Combine that with the gov't deciding that pizza constitutes a "vegetable" for the purposes of school lunch, and a person has to shake their head at the sheer stupidity.
Of course, the whole point was the other poster assuming a political position for every pro-choice person here based only UPON our pro-choice position. He made an ass out of himself, and when I pointed that out, by letting him know my TRUE position on some of those, instead of admitting he was wrong, he nitpicked at the soda issue.
Like I said earlier, thank the Divine he's on the other side of the debate, so I don't have to experience contact embarrassment :)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316518 Nov 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pickle relish, lol!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#316519 Nov 24, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect if we all said "no restrictions...abortions should be available right up to seconds before birth" Sassy think that's even worse. She should be happy some people are fine with restrictions...but it's just another point to argue.
I can't help but agree wholeheartedly.
This is a strange sort of phenomena I've witnessed lately with some members of the PLM. They seem as though they're genuinely insulted by the fact that they're actually "winning" by fits-and-starts the whole argument regarding abortion. More and more people who identify themselves as Pro-Choice, are agreeing that there ought to be reasonable restrictions as to when, where, how, and even "why," abortions should be performed.
It would seem that public opinion--for the most part--is trending against "Late-Term-Abortions, " and yet we have our darling "Sassafrass," attempting to argue that if we dare to embrace such a notion, we're not "PC."

Talk about "sore-winners!"

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316520 Nov 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the note from the counter of the obvious :)
As far as my life being threatened, well lets see it could have came from disease as you pointed out, it could've came from a scorned wife, or scored husband, or scorned lover.
I know what you're trying to do, which is say women's life can be threatened by pregnancy, and yes it "can", but you know full well most of the 3000 abortions done daily, are done just becouse, and has nothing to do with life threatening.
Well atleast to the "mother", since we know what happens to life of the child, which is way more than threatening.
Every pregnancy conceived carries the risk of death for the woman carrying it. That most of them don't actually result in death is a miracle of medicine...and this country is still third in the maternal death rates from gestation and birth, in the industrialized world.

No children are killed in an abortion.
Children are born.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316521 Nov 24, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a strange sort of phenomena I've witnessed lately with some members of the PLM. They seem as though they're genuinely insulted by the fact that they're actually "winning" by fits-and-starts the whole argument regarding abortion. More and more people who identify themselves as Pro-Choice, are agreeing that there ought to be reasonable restrictions as to when, where, how, and even "why," abortions should be performed.
It would seem that public opinion--for the most part--is trending against "Late-Term-Abortions, " and yet we have our darling "Sassafrass," attempting to argue that if we dare to embrace such a notion, we're not "PC."
Thank goodness, however, that the 20 week ban on abortions (ANY and ALL abortions past 20 weeks) DID NOT PASS in Albuquerque last week. Seems when people actually HAVE the opportunity to vote on these things, that the anti's generally lose. "NO" in Colorado. "NO" in Mississippi. "NO" in New Mexico. "NO" in Oklahoma. "NO" in Florida. "NO" in South Dakota.

So far, the only 'yes' vote on personhood, and other anti-choice amendments, has come out of North Dakota...and it's being challenged on US Constitutional grounds.

The only reason it passed, is the large concentration of fundamentalist Christian voters in ND, and the fact that the majority of pro-choice voters there, stayed home in droves. Not sure why...it's not like there aren't any.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#316522 Nov 25, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! The label one puts on one's self is not really important.

It was funny...I thought Sassy would be somewhat happy that I don't think LTAs are a good thing...yet that sent her into alternating fits of rage and imbecilic (you're not really PC ah gagagagaga!) laughter.

I think that whole attitude shows that it isn't about a cause, but rather control. A sort of...*if I can't control what you do/think/believe then I'll control what you call yourself* kind of thinking.

<sigh>
Monday again already...have a good one!

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#316523 Nov 25, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I think you answered the wrong post, gonk.
I'm not Morgana9
That made me laugh!!

I think McLittleDick spun out of control.

He huffed and he puffed and he spittled and spat and posted to the wrong person! Then he ran from the thread in a frenzy....probably down to the local Kwik Trip to get a 500 oz soda.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#316524 Nov 25, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It almost resulted in an abortion but she changed her mind in the final hours (how dramatic eh?). He takes credit for the abortion being cancelled too.
So he makes himself a hero? Figures. In essence he was able to "control" the whole situation where he comes out on top!
Ocean56

AOL

#316525 Nov 25, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Let me tell you something...abortion would not fix YOUR problem because you do not carry the pregnancy nor do you carry any medical risk. YOU have nothing to worry about...nothing. Abortion fixes many problems for those who have medical issues, for those who have been raped, for those who are incapable of raising a child on their own, for those who will struggle through life with no support systems or help. WHO are YOU to say? YOU will never be in those POSITIONS. AND you really don't care about those who are in those positions. YOU feel that YOUR religious beliefs should trump all.
That is typical of militant anti-choice religionists like Gtown, SassyJM, Ink, and other posters who "think" along the same lines. They want their backward religious beliefs imposed on ALL women, regardless of individual rights.

And we always need to remember that some of these religionists would ban contraception too if they could. For these backward idiots, a compulsory pregnancy agenda is all that matters.
Tom

Mount Vernon, KY

#316526 Nov 25, 2013
Yep!
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#316528 Nov 25, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
cPervertPeter: "Remember when Reagan declared ketchup a vegetable?"

That was a few decades before Obama declared pizza a vegatable.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#316529 Nov 25, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The unborn...
The undead...
What difference?
Neither is actually living a life.
Katie V.: "NR weirdly personifies that potential into the equivalence of a newborn. You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...

Katie V.: "I called mine Aaron. And still do." http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 20 min jimi-yank 39,536
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr GEORGIA 14,263
Riverdale is Haunted by Ghosts (Oct '13) 3 hr Murray Hamilton 11
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr SweLL GirL 15,097
last post wins! (Jun '10) 3 hr SweLL GirL 26,387
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 hr jimi-yank 328,655
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages