Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318350 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310928 Sep 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously ignored the part where she said the abortion was to save her life. But I forget...your dogma has no compassion for women since they're just supposed to be breeding stock for your mythical God.
Every proabort claims their abortion was to save their life. MAJORITY of abortions are elective but...these woman were ALL dying and just HAD to abort, [email protected]@ sureeeee pumpkin.

Unless it was ectopic, then I call bullshitttttt.
worships reality

AOL

#310929 Sep 13, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unclench those buttcheeks, hon. It was a joke...
a month and a thousand posts later...it was a joke. as if bigotry is never delivered with humor.
and a damn funny one too.
it was only funny to your fellow bigots.
It's not my fault so many priests turned out to be perverts.
no it isn't but it is your fault when you portray "every" priest that way, bigot.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310930 Sep 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, motherhood is STILL optional when an unwanted pregnancy happens, since EACH woman gets to decide for HERSELF whether or not to continue it. What part of "not your pregnancy, not your decision" is too hard for you to understand?
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Don't want a child, don't conceive one. Use your brain and abstain from sex( I KNOW how hard that must be for a sex craved woman like you) ehen you are fertile.

Pregnant? Then you ARE a mother because your offspring has been conceived.

Ocean56 and Susan Smith - Motherhood is OPTIONAL not required.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310931 Sep 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You say a woman is guilty of "killing" when she gets the "natural death"/miscarriage she wished for.
You equate induced abortion with miscarriage then turn around and claim they are opposite.
Guilt or innocence is all in each individual woman's intent, correct? Regardless of her actions. That's what you're really saying.
Pay attention STO, please. Just for once.

The woman was on her way to have her child killed. Had she not miscarried enroute to the clinic, she would have aborted. Her intent was to kill her child. Had SHE died in a car accident enroute to that clinic, she'd be facing her creator with killing her child on her soul.

And NO....I do not equate induced abortion with miscarriage. Stop lying.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310932 Sep 13, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
beyond you? now you're just not being honest. your incessant whining and non stop chattering about how grateful you are for reliable birth control that has enabled you to remian pregnancy free certainly gives the impression that there's a running meter on your headboard that would rival macdonalds in terms of numbers "served".
LOL right?

These proaborts sound sex starved. I suggested abstaining and was told that it is impossible as if they will die without sex for 2 seconds. Funniest was peteyboy saying that abstaining causes illness as if we will die.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310933 Sep 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree.
<quoted text>
" God would never kill what God created, man does that"
So a miscarriage is whose fault?
Natural death is not God 'killing". We were created by God, in his image and likeness. We were create FOR him. Our earthly life is limited. He gives life and he takes life(home to heaven for eternity).

How can you not comprehend this?

Good grief Charlie Brown!
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310934 Sep 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think should be done with the frozen embryos no one has plans for? Draft women to gestate them? I don't think the embryos are viable forever. I think they have a shelf "life" (lol), so to speak.
I think IVF is wrong because of the fact that many unwanted frozen embryos get thrown away. So, my answer is...don't make them if you are going to throw them out.

You think playing God and then throwing a conceived life in the trash is worth a "lol"?!?!

((Shakes head))
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310935 Sep 13, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> Only because no womb was involved....Petri dishes aren't nearly as fun to control as wombs....but the humanity of the embryos destroyed is exactly equal.
I find their willingness to give IVF a pass on it's PLANNED destruction of life, while howling and wailing about women who choose to abort for whatever reason, to be fundamentally hypocritical, and patently ridiculous.
I think you're right.
sassy jm

Cresskill, NJ

#310936 Sep 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You don't get it. I don't care whether or not you left out Judaism. You just try so hard to come off as a sweetheart that you just annoy me.
Oh NO you didn't!!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Ink

Narberth, PA

#310937 Sep 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right.
You would. No surprise there.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310938 Sep 13, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT 55 million abortions have occurred nonetheless in a society where mire than half the pregnancies,COUKD have been avoided by contraception ..That is,appalling IMO
cancer cell is a deadly aberration..most pregnancies are healthy and normal ..the outcome of of sex ...can't get pregnant without it .
Also most birth control works ..if used correctly ..
But using abortion as birth control in this day and age...is irresponsible ..sorry but it is ...And multiple abortions,occur FRIM that mindset ..
These,are lives ...ended by their own mother's,...And yes I am talking about heAlthy moms and babies ...lives,ended because the are unwanted .
They are nowhere close to the sane as cancer cells which need to be destroyed .
And it hurts the mom s,too..I've seen it first hand with two different women ..I know,it's not PC to admit that ..But it's true ...
There are,hones to be had for these,children ...9 months??? For a,Life??? Hmmm and many women I bet once they felt the baby move would opt to keep and raise it ..
But that does not fit the agenda,..it's just a bunch of cells ..don't look at the ultrasound ..all so heaven forbid she might change her mind and avoid emotional distress later ...which again is real for many .
AGAIN HEALTHY MOM ..HEALTHY BABY
I can agree with you on this point: In this day and age, birth control should be such a given that unintended pregnancy is less common.

Why do you suppose birth control has not made unwanted pregnancy a rarity?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#310939 Sep 13, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"What about the baby's body?"

There is no baby. The fetus is inside the uterus, which is the woman's property. Again, she gets to decide what to do with it, and the 14h Amendment guarantees that.

"You yourself admitted that a human (noun) exists in the womb."

Yes, a human fetus is inside the uterus. The fetus has no civil rights.

"The baby is not part of mom's body (indisputable via DNA analysis)."

There is no baby. The fetus is inside the woman, attached to her body, and using her body's systems to live. Yes, it's part of her body.

"She cannot kill another unique, distinct human being for convenience."

A fetus is not a human being.

"Pregnancy is how mankind was created to procreate. It is natural and normal....NOT a disease. Where have you been?"

I said nothing about disease. Pay attention, Stupid, and stop making up things to argue with me about just because you can't refute what I AM saying.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310940 Sep 13, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree,on the deity .
Definitely agree on ending an ectopic pregnancy ..especially since it saves,lives..the baby cannot grow and sadly was,more than likely deceased ..You had your tube or ovary removed probably ..
Again ..I know abortion is a word for every thing ..
IMO to me that is not an elective abortion
Nor heAlthy mom or baby ....my belief that child is in heAven
There are quite a few folks on the AC side who claim life saving abortion is slaughtering a child and discarding frozen embryo is slaughtering a child and using a condom is a sin and on and on and on.

It's like folks saying marijuana is the same as heroin. When the youngsters find out it's not, then the point is lost and they don't believe anything you say. Know what I mean?

Maybe if your side didn't go off the deep end so often, more women would listen and choose to gestate OR use bc and not get pregnant in the first place.

But when the crazys are loudest, they end up representing the whole crowd - People like you who don't sign on to their sh*t.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310941 Sep 13, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Yes they can.
No, they can't.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#310942 Sep 13, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> There are some who are not afraid to admit that they support abortion as choice. You're not one of them.
I don't "admit" it, because I don't do it. I couldn't care less what anyone else does or does not. My position is my own.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310943 Sep 13, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text> Pay attention STO, please. Just for once.
The woman was on her way to have her child killed. Had she not miscarried enroute to the clinic, she would have aborted. Her intent was to kill her child. Had SHE died in a car accident enroute to that clinic, she'd be facing her creator with killing her child on her soul.
And NO....I do not equate induced abortion with miscarriage. Stop lying.
She might have changed her mind. But that doesn't matter to you. Damned if she does. Damned if she doesn't. That's how you are equating the two.

So when a woman goes thru the doors of the clinic and someone bombs the building, killing her and everyone else inside, I guess she's still guilty of having an abortion, huh? And the person who bombed the building is a savior?
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#310944 Sep 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what happened?
Yes,Ink.

That is,what she told us..And I don't believe you were here ..But I know knit was and Sassy has heard this before .

It feels nit right talking about someone else,like this ..But I think it is probably a painful part of Playa life ..
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310945 Sep 13, 2013
sassy jm wrote:
<quoted text>I think IVF is wrong because of the fact that many unwanted frozen embryos get thrown away. So, my answer is...don't make them if you are going to throw them out.
You think playing God and then throwing a conceived life in the trash is worth a "lol"?!?!
((Shakes head))
They fertilize a bunch of eggs and try to get one to implant. Sometimes way too many implant and they have to select a number of them to abort or the woman will die.

Is one or four or six implanting and carrying to term worth the sacrifice of aborting the three or four or five or more? What would have a woman do once she finds she's pregnant with 10?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310946 Sep 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You would. No surprise there.
I'd be surprised if you had a thought. Even an empty one.
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#310947 Sep 13, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>wow, you judge sooooo much and you don't know me at all. You really are something else. Some posters on other forums say you just can't comprehend what is being discussed. Now, please answer my question, how can something natural be artificial?
Knit

I only say the truth ..how am I judging when I say you , a Catholic , worship differently than I do ..

I'm assuming you say the rosary ..for instance ..I do not ..

And most certainly you know nothing of what you are saying about what I do or do not tell anyone in real life ..

That's,not judging just truth ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 8 min NEMO 5,432
i need my ex back now contact Dr Ebose (Jul '13) 1 hr mary 15
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 341,179
Hollywood and NFL flopping 3 hr America First 1
Is Weinstein "cured" yet? It's been a few days. 3 hr There is a cure 3
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 18,810
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 17,682

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance