Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#309535 Aug 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Their point would be that God put the apple there and knew that Eve would eat it so he planned it that way.
They all live, eat and die and it is enough for them. There is no interest in why we might be here and the reason why.
So why did God make it a sin to eat the apple? Original sin should have been when Adam and Eve indulged in sexual activities.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309536 Aug 27, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are animals known as mammals.
No kidding?
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309537 Aug 27, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>So why did God make it a sin to eat the apple? Original sin should have been when Adam and Eve indulged in sexual activities.
Probably so.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309538 Aug 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>There are only two fundamental differences between the mental and emotional development of humans, and that of other animals....one, we use more abstract thinking, which allowed us to develop symbolism and the concept of dominion;
and two, we wage war. Yay god.
You forgot conscience and an array of other emotional feelings.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309539 Aug 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're catching on....
<quoted text>Hold the phone there, Dinkle....who besides me has advanced that opinion?
Don't lump all pro-choice posters together in one bowl of oatmeal, ok?
I have heard it before, often.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#309541 Aug 27, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly don't agree with your moronic blanket statements and unfounded, religious claims.
I'll take that as a no.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309542 Aug 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, prove that animals don't have a range of emotions.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#309543 Aug 27, 2013
Unfortunately, humans aren't the only purveyors of war; primates wage tribal battles as well. Social insects like ants, bees, and hornets make us look like amateurs. We're the only species that justifies it, though.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>There are only two fundamental differences between the mental and emotional development of humans, and that of other animals....one, we use more abstract thinking, which allowed us to develop symbolism and the concept of dominion;
and two, we wage war. Yay god.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#309544 Aug 27, 2013
I don't see this as sad; it's her way of breaking away from an image that's both confining and ludicrous at her age. I heard many such comments when daniel radcliffe did "equus", with its violence and nudity. But it was a shrewd move that told people he's not a minor anymore. Think of all the child stars who weren't allowed to grow up, which caused them to crash and burn.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A picture is worth a thousand words
This,is sad on so many levels
http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/the-one-image-m...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#309545 Aug 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't see this as sad; it's her way of breaking away from an image that's both confining and ludicrous at her age. I heard many such comments when daniel radcliffe did "equus", with its violence and nudity. But it was a shrewd move that told people he's not a minor anymore. Think of all the child stars who weren't allowed to grow up, which caused them to crash and burn.
<quoted text>
I get that ..But did you think the performance showed talent ..at all .

And the little girls who looked up to her .

??? There are acting jobs ..even videos THAT could show her as an adult That didn't have to be so awful ..IMO

That's sad ....I know, some stars go for shock value ...I think it stupid ..But like Madonna had talent for instance .

This again was just awful and sad .

But hey it got attention ...the THING that's important in today's society .

She makes tons of money ...then spits in the face of every parent who paid for their kids to buy her brand .

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#309546 Aug 27, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
A picture is worth a thousand words
This,is sad on so many levels
http://www.buzzfeed.com/samir/the-one-image-m...
Miss Cyrus is an adult. Her choices are not my problem...if her dad hadn't been so gung-ho for her to be in show-biz, she may not have gone down that particular road.

This, in my opinion, is a helluva lot sadder.
http://www.decaedere.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309547 Aug 27, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>So why did God make it a sin to eat the apple? Original sin should have been when Adam and Eve indulged in sexual activities.
Please don't ask me why such a fickle being as your supposed "god" does anything.

I already told you what I think about this. Ant farm. Remember?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309548 Aug 27, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Animals are predators so, in fact, they wage war on the weak. The Biblical story about Eve and the apple is an attempt to explain evolution.
Remember that the serpent also turned into a snake.
Animals kill to eat, and to protect their young. They don't 'wage war' on their food. They just kill it, eat it, and waste very, very little of it, if any...what they do leave, is utilized by other animals, plants, and bacteria.

Men wage war for natural resources, and kill each other for fun. Big difference.

The Biblical story about Adam and Eve was an attempt to fix blame. Guess where the Bible fixes it - hint: it's not on the snake.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309549 Aug 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog has more conscience than most humans. If you don't think animals have emotions, I pity you....because you're blind.

http://media.theweek.com/img/dir_0064/32086_a...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309551 Aug 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Cyrus is an adult. Her choices are not my problem...if her dad hadn't been so gung-ho for her to be in show-biz, she may not have gone down that particular road.
Obviously that is,horrid ...AND we have just had here a,long discussion
Regarding our helping the hungry ..we can keep discussing if you think
We SHOULD..fine.

That doesn't make her performance less awful . And sad to say it's a sign of the times

Preteens have made her their hero ..And she PROFITS FROM THAT .
Is she so upset about Her Hannah fame she will donate all that money to feed the hungry ...

Talk about biting the hand that STILL FEEDS HER ..

SHE,is an adult ..And responsible for her Own actions,now,.

Many ways,to showcase,talent ..this,showed NONE..IMO.

personally will not buy one thing related to her for my granddaughter

Hope all follow suit .

We talk all day on how,impressionable kids,are ..this is a slap to every parent of a preteen and teen girl out there ..IMO.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#309552 Aug 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Unfortunately, humans aren't the only purveyors of war; primates wage tribal battles as well. Social insects like ants, bees, and hornets make us look like amateurs.[QUOTE] Ok, I'll stand corrected on this. But....

[QUOTE who="cpeter1313"]We' re the only species that justifies it, though.
<quoted text>
Yeah. Usually in the name of some deity.

As I said....yay god.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#309553 Aug 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"The concept of free will evades you."
No, it does not.
It absolutely does.
But it's ALSO irrelevant to my point,.
It couldn't be more relevant.

and does not negate said point
It negates it completely

Which is that for an omniscient, omnipotent being that created everything, everything is part of their plan, or it wouldn't exist. What we choose to do about things has nothing to do with it.
Completely false. If his "plan" is that you is that you WILL choose A and not B that means he has predestined your choice and he has imposed his will on your choice, which would mean the concept of free will is thereby non existent.
On the other hand if in fact you are empowered with free will and are free to make your own choice, the fact that he knows what choice you will make ( he has to know as he is omniscient)does not alter the fact that you were still free to make that choice.
Had that choice been part of his so called plan, it would have meant he had imposed his will on your choice in which case you never really did possess free will.
Simple concept really. Your failure to grasp it reveals very superficiallogical reasoning skills on your part.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309554 Aug 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Cyrus is an adult. Her choices are not my problem...if her dad hadn't been so gung-ho for her to be in show-biz, she may not have gone down that particular road.
Now here's a reaction I hope to see

http://f.cl.ly/items/313h2b0N023R030H0M33/lol...

No imitation ..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#309555 Aug 27, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
It absolutely does.
<quoted text>
It couldn't be more relevant.
<quoted text>
It negates it completely
<quoted text>
Completely false. If his "plan" is that you is that you WILL choose A and not B that means he has predestined your choice and he has imposed his will on your choice, which would mean the concept of free will is thereby non existent.
On the other hand if in fact you are empowered with free will and are free to make your own choice, the fact that he knows what choice you will make ( he has to know as he is omniscient)does not alter the fact that you were still free to make that choice.
Had that choice been part of his so called plan, it would have meant he had imposed his will on your choice in which case you never really did possess free will.
Simple concept really. Your failure to grasp it reveals very superficiallogical reasoning skills on your part.
Since the concept of free will had nothing to do with my point, no, it's not relevant, and it doesn't negate my point. That you wish to deflect from the fact by attempting to make it part of my point is just a strawman argument.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#309556 Aug 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the,way ..yes she is an adult Peter ..But her manager ..handlers ..whoever advised her did a disservice .

SHE was awful ..Not even looked attractive in any way ..

You think she was ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min tina anne 60,180
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min the don 329,821
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 10 min rainmaker2016 15,489
Time to go? (Jun '15) 25 min barefoot2626 12,033
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 33 min NEMO the RINO 11,037
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr GEORGIA 14,698
News Home Depot worker's 'America Was Never Great' h... 3 hr MELGIBSONgrl 10

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages