Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
287,521 - 287,540 of 305,088 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
FaShizzle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes bit, but when I speak of evolution, you know which one I'm referring to.
Plus I watched shark week last night, perhaps you should check out how Big some sharks get. Despite what experts may say. Megladon is what they call him.
Lady got a pic, plus there was a pic from years ago that matched his dorsal fin. He was as big as the submarines in the pic.
Not to mention the full grown whale that had over one third it's body bitten off!
A few large creatures made it after the flood.:)
A full grown whale? Musta been Bitter!
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, let's!
How many takers do you think you'll get?
Well, they say where's there smoke there's fire, and with so many claiming to have a life changing experience, one would think others would think more on the subject, then sorry just a fable.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, unless you have proof, you have only an opinion. That's why it's called a practice of faith. Nothing wrong with that, but there's no proof of the existence of a god. Anecdotal testimonies prove nothing.
Very true!!! It's funny, but God wants one to take Him on faith :)
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't debate opinion, Rose.
We debate fact.
And my facts outnumber your opinions and opinion pieces.
You have every right in the USA to hold close to your opinion. Even as they show your blatant hypocrisy.
This is not meant unkindly, but as an eye opener.
Number one, I link you to images of fetal brains showing a smooth cortex at 22 weeks. That is fact. At 22wks gestation, the brain is not formed for any sensory input or output. Therefore there is no possibility of a fetus feeling pain. Period.
But hold dear to your opinion. Your opinion will not outweigh fact.
Katie V.: "I link you to images of fetal brains showing a smooth cortex at 22 weeks. That is fact. At 22wks gestation, the brain is not formed for any sensory input or output. Therefore there is no possibility of a fetus feeling pain. Period."

No, Katie, not "period."

I recently reminded you of the subplate zone. You then cited a an article from the National Institute of Health website http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...

That article alone places doubt on your antiquated theory regurgitated above.

Heck YOUR article even CLEARLY stated that a "FUNCTIONAL CIRCUIT" of the cortex forms in the suplate zone AT 18 wks gestation. It mentions the "precocious" subplate neurons, the subplate being "a highly DYNAMIC compartment," high degree of diversity among subplate neurons, "subplate nuerons are electrically active & "capable of firing action potentials into the cortical and subcortical circuitry," ... there's an "invasion of the subplate by the THALAMOCORTICAL AFFERENTS" (i.e. sensory information coming FROM the body). FYI: Thalamocortical & basal forebrain afferents make up 35% of the crebral wall by 16 weeks.

It is also worth mentioning that this 2010 document ADMITS much study is necessary to more fully understand the subplate zone.

For example:

"The data that we collected in this study only give preliminary information about the developing human cortex at each time-point."

"Further investigations of the gene expression, cell types & connectivity of the subcompartments within the large human subplate are required."

"The functional significance of plasma proteins synthesized by subplate neurons is not known..."

"Understanding of cell-type-specific gene expression, and development of early connections together with modern imaging methods will enable the more selective investigation of various neuropathologies involving the subplate."

(You poo-poo the subplate zone, but when subplate zone abnormalities exists schizophrenia, ADHD, dyslexia, etc. may result.)

You say you read the article, but you must have missed the parts about action potentials, early thalamocortical sensory input to subplate zone, "increased complexity in both subplate cell types & subplate arrangements."

Isn't it you who berates others for poor comprehension skills?

That's what I thought.

Period.
FaShizzle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

LIer wrote:
Wow! No posts? I would've thought this one would be a "web-buster".
We got Bitter the gut buster!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes bit, but when I speak of evolution, you know which one I'm referring to.
Plus I watched shark week last night, perhaps you should check out how Big some sharks get. Despite what experts may say. Megladon is what they call him.
Lady got a pic, plus there was a pic from years ago that matched his dorsal fin. He was as big as the submarines in the pic.
Not to mention the full grown whale that had over one third it's body bitten off!
Your ridicule of evolution in that post was based entirely on the false premise that "bigger is better". Yes, I know, you're thinking of the phrase "survival of the fittest", but even THAT doesn't equal "bigger is better". Adaptation is about being better suited to your environment. Sometimes becoming smaller is what is needed, and so it's what happens.

You want to deny evolution, okay.

So tell me, what do humans use their appendix for these days?

Why is it that we need a new flu vaccine every year?
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting point.
Can we apply that same logic to our discussions about Jesus, what "god" said and the bible?
of course you can. that has always been a matter of faith.

so you agree on the fetus then?

Jonnycakes still full of you? oo-gaa!!
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When men are making their own medical decisions do they have the Courts and various religions trying to interfere?
their "own" medical decisions?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected ..their are worse behaviours for sure .
But I think it was a quote I was thinking of..anyway folly is kind of
Benign as words go ..IMO...which is what I was going for .
I just don't like a arguing beyond the point where no one
On either side will agree
It's not helpful nor healthy ..IMO
You nay have been thinking of: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

FaShizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an evil depreaved witch woman who happily supports the mass murder of preborn innocents!! Hell has a special place fir people like you!
lol. Have a nice day.
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Okey dokey. Do what you do, you're awesome. However, I seriously doubt that repeating something is the height of folly. I can think of a ton of behaviors that are far worse than that.
like playing make believe nurse?

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Women are adults, not "babies".
Your stupidity is duly noted.
Ooooo

I think some one found a proxy server

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You nay have been thinking of: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
That's,it ..Lol.Thanks

But so far not there. Just yet ..

Trying hard to avoid it :)
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
2,000 baby women are scheduled to be executed in American abortuaries today. And tomorrow. And the next day.....
Your faux "feminism" is duly noted.
Again.
More than ten times that die from hunger each day. Bravo to you not caring about those children already born. Your faux pro-life stance is a shining beacon of hypocrisy.
FaShizzle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
like playing make believe nurse?
LOL! Another proabort liar. She's always making sure everyone here knows she's a nurse even though shes lying aboiut it.
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>All excellent points. Apparently, physiological science doesn't matter. Beliefs trump facts, in many people's books.
including yours ---

science - unique individual human life

you - belief/philosophy not "human being" until born; it's value does not trump right to privacy
FaShizzle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol. Have a nice day.
I am having a nice day because I speak the truth. Unlike you and your fake nurse stories.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Another bull$$h!!t claim with nothing to back it up.
All you have is an "Overactive imagination (that enslaves your empty shell)".
FaShizzle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's,it ..Lol.Thanks
But so far not there. Just yet ..
Trying hard to avoid it :)
Keep kissingt proabort ass rose.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ridicule of evolution in that post was based entirely on the false premise that "bigger is better". Yes, I know, you're thinking of the phrase "survival of the fittest", but even THAT doesn't equal "bigger is better". Adaptation is about being better suited to your environment. Sometimes becoming smaller is what is needed, and so it's what happens.
You want to deny evolution, okay.
So tell me, what do humans use their appendix for these days?
Why is it that we need a new flu vaccine every year?
Bit I'm sorry, but there are things I can remove from a brand new car, and it will run just as well, if not better. Things have a purpose, no matter if you think so or not.

I'm just saying oxygen levels are much different now, and that's mainly why thing are smaller :)

I still think the shark is a cool thing, and it makes a great white look like a gold fish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Savages downplayed in the media (Feb '10) 9 min ZCs 6,142
Is Krap Slop the dumbest Hillbilly on the Topix... (Mar '11) 20 min ZCs 1,649
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min Frijoles 68,377
Chicago: SAVAGELAND 36 min North Carolinaland SAVAGE 11
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 45 min FratBookie 305,770
New York City Approves Controversial 'Poor Door... 50 min Richard 3
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 50 min Go Blue Forever 5,352
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••