Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310940 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#306128 Jul 28, 2013
That's what I've told all the guys I've had sex with; we're really straight. We're just really, really bad at it.
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is made up.
There is no such thing.
Dumb.
Gtown71

United States

#306129 Jul 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No one was talking about evolution. We were talking about Geology. There is nothing to "put faith in" there. Faith is belief without proof. That is not what we are talking about. We are talking about facts, things that have been proven.
We HAVE a record. A geological record. There's no written record, because writing is a fairly new phenomenon.
Again, if you have to ignore facts in order to hold onto to your faith, it's not very strong.
Soooo you truly believe folks were getting married 60,000 years ago, but only started writing here pretty recent?

There are NO missing links, all have been proven fakes or frauds. Or they have been explained. Even then, they only have a hand full, you would think they would be everywhere.

Why are muscle shell found on mountains? Answer -flood
Why are fossilized trees found UPSIDE DOWN in the earth?-answer -flood

Funny how we can look at the same thing, yet see something different.

I believe the bible NOW, AFTER God saved me.

They try and show how all the continents fit together like a puzzle, and how many millions of year it took for them to drift......

They don't. Show you, that those plates don't come anywhere close to matching up undernieth the water. Also they must truly shrink down a few in order to "fit " their faith based thoughts.

Perhaps you should not put sooo much faith in man, after all, the smartest ones can be pretty dumb at times.
Gtown71

United States

#306130 Jul 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If you're too stupid to know what wicca stands for and who its deities are, wtf are you even commenting for?
ALL deities are imaginary.
<quoted text>
Well Pete I truly used to believe that very thing, yet over 12 years ago now, with only a brief encounter with a Holy God, and trust me, I've tried every way possible and cannot shake the truth. Loved going to "church " tonight Pete. A guy that 13 years ago, wouldn't have gave a penny for All of them.
Still wouldn't for many :)
Gtown71

United States

#306131 Jul 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A universal truth: No mind is as filthy as that of a censor or prude.
<quoted text>
??true. Lol

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#306132 Jul 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on all counts Pete. Kkk also uses white sheets, you don't. Use white sheets do you?:)
Ms yates was not sold on Christ, but yet another cult. Although I do believe when children die before the age of accountability the go to Heaven, and that age is different for each person. It is not when one knows right from wrong by the way. A one year old can know that. Some folks will never reach that age. If anything they are examples for us, when we want to have ourself a pity party.
Many will claim the name of Christ, but will be told by Christ, that He never knew them.
if I tell you I'm. An english college. Professor, does that make me one?
Evening "Gtown."
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your analogous arguments lack any merit whatsoever.
If you were to tell me you were a college professor of English, I'd ask to see your credentials--which would include, the degrees you've amassed, where you studied, where you did your internships, where you've taught, where you're currently teaching, and what your precise field of study is.
This is one of the reasons why I thoroughly disregard your attempted arguments for "Biblical Literalism" over the established sciences of Evolutionary Biology, Geology, Astronomy, Archaeology, Chemistry, and so on, and so forth.
You offer nothing other than passages of scripture that have been interpreted by "scientists" who are not scientists at all, but the arguments of those who love to dabble in conjecture.
Kent Hovind, and his simplistic "Hovind Theory," have been been thoroughly rebuffed by practically the whole "Creationist Society."
If even "they" don't want to have anything to do with him and is "ideas," why should anyone else...?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#306133 Jul 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo you truly believe folks were getting married 60,000 years ago, but only started writing here pretty recent?
There are NO missing links, all have been proven fakes or frauds. Or they have been explained. Even then, they only have a hand full, you would think they would be everywhere.
Why are muscle shell found on mountains? Answer -flood
Why are fossilized trees found UPSIDE DOWN in the earth?-answer -flood
Funny how we can look at the same thing, yet see something different.
I believe the bible NOW, AFTER God saved me.
They try and show how all the continents fit together like a puzzle, and how many millions of year it took for them to drift......
They don't. Show you, that those plates don't come anywhere close to matching up undernieth the water. Also they must truly shrink down a few in order to "fit " their faith based thoughts.
Perhaps you should not put sooo much faith in man, after all, the smartest ones can be pretty dumb at times.
Again, no one is talking about evolution. Why do you keep bringing it up?

Geology is something else entirely. It's not "faith based", no matter how much you wish to be able to claim it is, and put it on the same level as YOUR faith based beliefs.

Yes, people were getting married long before the advent of the written word. Religion/Spiritualtiy predates writing.

No one cares about your converstion to Christianity.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#306134 Jul 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's what I've told all the guys I've had sex with; we're really straight. We're just really, really bad at it.
<quoted text>
Yer killin' me, Smalls....

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306135 Jul 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening "Gtown."
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your analogous arguments lack any merit whatsoever.
If you were to tell me you were a college professor of English, I'd ask to see your credentials--which would include, the degrees you've amassed, where you studied, where you did your internships, where you've taught, where you're currently teaching, and what your precise field of study is.
This is one of the reasons why I thoroughly disregard your attempted arguments for "Biblical Literalism" over the established sciences of Evolutionary Biology, Geology, Astronomy, Archaeology, Chemistry, and so on, and so forth.
You offer nothing other than passages of scripture that have been interpreted by "scientists" who are not scientists at all, but the arguments of those who love to dabble in conjecture.
Kent Hovind, and his simplistic "Hovind Theory," have been been thoroughly rebuffed by practically the whole "Creationist Society."
If even "they" don't want to have anything to do with him and is "ideas," why should anyone else...?
Respectfully John .

When the BIBKE says the waters came from the sky and the fountains beneath the earth..I believe it.

The finer points ..layers when ..which why

A gap theory ..who KNOWS.

I choose to believe what God gave me to know on creation .

And that is faith in that which we can neither see nor prove .

I really don't need to ..in order to live my life .

:)
Gtown71

United States

#306136 Jul 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening "Gtown."
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but your analogous arguments lack any merit whatsoever.
If you were to tell me you were a college professor of English, I'd ask to see your credentials--which would include, the degrees you've amassed, where you studied, where you did your internships, where you've taught, where you're currently teaching, and what your precise field of study is.
This is one of the reasons why I thoroughly disregard your attempted arguments for "Biblical Literalism" over the established sciences of Evolutionary Biology, Geology, Astronomy, Archaeology, Chemistry, and so on, and so forth.
You offer nothing other than passages of scripture that have been interpreted by "scientists" who are not scientists at all, but the arguments of those who love to dabble in conjecture.
Kent Hovind, and his simplistic "Hovind Theory," have been been thoroughly rebuffed by practically the whole "Creationist Society."
If even "they" don't want to have anything to do with him and is "ideas," why should anyone else...?
Good evening to you as well John. Good name, or atleast I live with it :)

Here's. The deal, there are those who truly believe in the creation theory, and those who believe in evolution, as presented.

I never could buy the whole slim -time-here we are thingy, but likewise I thought the idea of a God creating all was totally insane, and those who believed that mess was insane as well.

Turns out I'm now insane John.:)
So is my brother kent hovind.

You nor any have to like either one, we are but a screwed up human, that has found the one true living God to be real, and as for me there is no amount of anything you could say or show me, that would change my mind.

You may be thinking the same thing? Idk
Which would be normal. What one man can talk you into, another can talk you out of.

What a Holy God talks one into cannot be undone :)

I am now a child of God "whether I like it or not ", yet now I don't know how I lasted 29 years without Him.

HE IS THE HOPE, WHEN ALL HOPE IS GONE.

All I can do, is share my story, as sad as it may be. You know you would not need to research my credentials, as far as me being an English college professor. All one must do is read my post to dispute that. Lol
take care my friend, glad you chimed in, and looking back it was an bad example, but was just trying to say, just becouse one claims Christ, doesn't mean they are claimed by Christ.

It says you will know them by their fruits, not by what they claim.
with fruit, well I have a peach tree, that has no fruit, and a pear tree that's overfilled :)
Gtown71

United States

#306137 Jul 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no one is talking about evolution. Why do you keep bringing it up?
Geology is something else entirely. It's not "faith based", no matter how much you wish to be able to claim it is, and put it on the same level as YOUR faith based beliefs.
Yes, people were getting married long before the advent of the written word. Religion/Spiritualtiy predates writing.
No one cares about your converstion to Christianity.
Perhaps you don't care, but do you feel ok speaking for all others?
Were you here 60,000 years ago? Were you here 6,000 years ago?
Is all that has ever been written true?

You take more by faith, than you realize.

As far as me continuing my post on Christ, if "I" did not, it would be far worse, then me being a doctor and watch you bleed to death, and yet do nothing.

There is a way that seems right to "man" but the end thereof leads to destruction.

What if???

What if YOU are wrong???????
MrMan212

Houston, TX

#306138 Jul 28, 2013
That's Crazy

The Best Tv Show on MTV #4SHOWS
http://ad-p.co ?a=2137589

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#306139 Jul 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Respectfully John .
When the BIBKE says the waters came from the sky and the fountains beneath the earth..I believe it.
The finer points ..layers when ..which why
A gap theory ..who KNOWS.
I choose to believe what God gave me to know on creation .
And that is faith in that which we can neither see nor prove .
I really don't need to ..in order to live my life .
:)
Good evening Milady!

Your faith is well noted, and is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned in as far as you're not trying to actively argue against established science.
You state your position, and you do it very well--"I believe."
The difference between you and "Gtown," is that he's trying to actively argue against the established sciences and using nothing more than arguments that have been thoroughly refuted--not only by the scientific community--but even by the "Creationist" society as well.
You are making a statement of "faith."
"Gtown," is also making a statement of faith, but he's also trying to "instruct" those who're more "learned" than he is in the subjects he's approaching, and attempting to coerce them into "believing" in his faith--for which he has no other basis than the fact that he...believes.
Therein lies the difference.
Gtown71

United States

#306140 Jul 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Respectfully John .
When the BIBKE says the waters came from the sky and the fountains beneath the earth..I believe it.
The finer points ..layers when ..which why
A gap theory ..who KNOWS.
I choose to believe what God gave me to know on creation .
And that is faith in that which we can neither see nor prove .
I really don't need to ..in order to live my life .
:)
I noticed John must know the hovind theory, since he knew that's where I got a lot of my info from.

He also mentioned "most " creationist want nothing to do with hovind.

If the truth was know "most " who claim to be a child of God, are not, and truly work for their father the devil. I'll give the devil credit, he can outsmart the smartest of men.

We know the devil is at "church " and involved in religion's more then any honky tonk, but many don't have a clue. This is where I get frustrated. I "I" cannot show them how to be saved. It is something each person must do one on one with God.

If anyone goes to Heaven, it will be by Gods grace through the faith GOD gives them.

No man will boast about how he was good enough to earn a spot.

All I. Can do is pray for conviction and tell my little story about how I went from wanting nothing to do with God, to loving this God, that first loved me :)

Solomon was the wisest man to ever live. He had all kinds of education, was richer than rich, plus had so many women, that if he spent one day with each one, it would be three years till he started over.:)

Yet what made him so wise?

He counted it all as dung, without God :)
Love ya rose, even though I. Can get on my own nerves at times.
Peace :)
Gtown71

United States

#306142 Jul 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Milady!
Your faith is well noted, and is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned in as far as you're not trying to actively argue against established science.
You state your position, and you do it very well--"I believe."
The difference between you and "Gtown," is that he's trying to actively argue against the established sciences and using nothing more than arguments that have been thoroughly refuted--not only by the scientific community--but even by the "Creationist" society as well.
You are making a statement of "faith."
"Gtown," is also making a statement of faith, but he's also trying to "instruct" those who're more "learned" than he is in the subjects he's approaching, and attempting to coerce them into "believing" in his faith--for which he has no other basis than the fact that he...believes.
Therein lies the difference.
Well noted, and you're right. I do have a problem with trying to talk about things I shouldn't. I just truly wish all could know what I know "believe "yet it never worked on me, so not sure why I. Think it will with others. In the past, when someone was crazy enough to try and tell me, of God -I was nice, but thought they were nuts. Since I was saved, And look back -I remember each and every one of those nuts, that I. Now am.

Perhaps I should be more like bro Eddie Flowers who just passed away and was a great inspiration to me. He's done great work for the Lord, and was a semi pro baseball player, nurse practitioner, and Pharmacist. He may even be looked up on the web, for the missionary work he's done? When asked if he had studied all the other religions, he replied no -why should I? They are wrong.:)

What I do know for certain, and have seen countless testimonies to back it up, is when one has been saved by the grace of a real God -they cannot forget the time it happened, and will tell you, if asked. All others will tell you about their church, or when they were baptized, or their religion.:(
Gtown71

United States

#306143 Jul 28, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
At 13, a boy has his sexuality developing, and emerging, so they should be thinking about sex, giving them playboy is healthy!
Ok, like I said, lost my virginity way earlier. Sad but true.

I won't. Say giving a 13 yo a playboy is a good thing, since it is NOT !
BUT I will say, it is no worse then giving a 13 yo a computer with free reign of the net :)
They can AND WILL find much worse there, then playboy.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#306144 Jul 28, 2013
+++

POLICE
Police Blame 'Poor Lighting' for Shooting Dead 72-Year-Old Man in His Garage
They went to the wrong house

Waller sits outside his home with a grandchild • Star-Telegram
Texas police claim that "poor lighting" is responsible for the death of a 72-year-old man whom police shot dead when they entered the wrong home.

Two rookie officers in Fort Worth, TX, were responding to a burglar alarm and mistakenly entered the home across the street. They shot Jerry Waller six times in the chest.

The two officers claim that Waller stepped outside his home holding a handgun and pointed it at one of the officers. But the family disputes that: "My father never stepped outside of his garage," Waller's son Chris told the Star-Telegram. "He was shot multiple times in the chest only a few steps away from the doorway to his kitchen." Both officers were in their first year on the force.

Waller leaves behind a wife, children, and grandchildren.

+++

Related to the above, it is terrible.

No police can claim going to the wrong house, or, of poor lighting by killing civilians--that is virtually an excuse by being paid by tax payers to kill.
Only in the US AS A POLICE STATE, they can claim that, WHERE WEARING UNIFORMS WILL come and go as tyrants as BIG THUG GANGS, WHICH MAKES IT A GANGLAND WORLD.
There is no question no one wonders why gangs as US policeman Eric Holder with Diane Feinstein want Snowden so bad as the hypocrisy policing.

It does seem time after time THAT US wants to be police by snooping and hacking civilians, with no regard to civil liberty and human rights privacy of its people by CRANKING DOWN freedom.

No country of this planet can have such policing from US anymore.

THE WORLD HAD BETTER KNOW SO THAT it IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO SO.
Gtown71

United States

#306145 Jul 28, 2013
Goodnight folks! The greatest abortion was when I said yes to a Holy God, and He aborted my black heart, and gave me a brand new one.

Happy are they, who's SIN have been forgiven past present future.:)
God no longer has a problem with me, when He now looks at me, He sees a man covered by His Son.

He is NOT out to "get me ",as a matter of fact He's. Comming for me :)

I'm. Nothing, and this gift can be yours "if you want it "

One thing I know, if you ever mean business with God -He will not turn you down, and it will be a momment you will NEVER FORGET :):):)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#306146 Jul 28, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Milady!
Your faith is well noted, and is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned in as far as you're not trying to actively argue against established science.
You state your position, and you do it very well--"I believe."
The difference between you and "Gtown," is that he's trying to actively argue against the established sciences and using nothing more than arguments that have been thoroughly refuted--not only by the scientific community--but even by the "Creationist" society as well.
You are making a statement of "faith."
"Gtown," is also making a statement of faith, but he's also trying to "instruct" those who're more "learned" than he is in the subjects he's approaching, and attempting to coerce them into "believing" in his faith--for which he has no other basis than the fact that he...believes.
Therein lies the difference.
hello kind sir .

And yes,I know,I differ with science ..which To my mind changes theories, quite often ..if I were to fill my mind with thyings
Such as allergen evolution and timeline stuff ..it would give me a,headache. Having relearn each time it changes.

I used to at one time in my life study different ideas like reincarnation ..etc..But never bought into evolution ..Good thing ..I never believed in Lucy lol

And since I believe the bible truly at this time soon my life..I don't nerd the headache .

Have a,physicist in the family ..only discuss thing briefly.

My answer to all of it is well if there was indeed a big bang..it was most likely GOD speaking ..But no humans to hear it.

We get along fine.

And you put things intelligently ...do WOUKD not think I could possibly change your mind anyway .

:)
Gtown71

United States

#306148 Jul 28, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost your virginity not because you had a sexuality, but because of the problems you faced as a child.
I lost my virginity, becouse a much older girl was spending the night the same place I was, and yes I'm sure it didn't. Help with my childhood, but I will say, that the very next day, she made a comment about it as if it was no big deal to her,and I felt very sick!!! In many ways. I had lost something very precious, and way before I ever knew how precious.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#306150 Jul 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn Ink, what are you implying...any why are you implying it?
What kind of person buys a subscription for a sex magazine for a thirteen year old boy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 2 min jimi-yank 4,938
L.I. County Clerks Targeting Christians to Stea... 1 hr Plotmaster 6
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr Harold 13,684
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 hr Patriot 10,271
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr DILLIGAF 10,523
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 14,663
Kelly /Mario Lopez instead of Michael Strahan 4 hr Agent 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages