Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309861 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Federal Way, WA

#304869 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie .
You want abortion legal past 20 weeks ..as the New law wants it legal up to 20+weeks .
This is when you sound just like JM. Please, Rose. I've been very clear about wanting women to retain their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.

This does not mean I "want abortion legal past 20 weeks ..as the New law wants it legal up to 20+weeks ."

Roe v Wade already restricts abortion at 24 weeks. I don't see any reason to close the window on this time frame, not even a smidgeon.

Therefore, to me, this "new law" is as redundant as forcing women to have or view ultrasounds even though this had been previously offered without any law in place.

It's just another way for gov't to intrude into a private, medical moment. You hate "obamacare" so much but see no problem with health care being legislated from the legal bench rather than decided by physicians.
Abortion done on purpose violently ends the life in the womb.
Did you look at those videos..th e y are the same age you think it's ok to kill them in the womb ..
You did not have to use the word violent ..for an abortion to be so..
Please semantics ...
And I was trying to make the point that one does nit have to want a theocracy in to be humane and merciful to babies.
And if you do not w I shouldn't to look at c children like the ones in the videos an d see them as,aware ..if they were to be killed.
Then there is nothing more to be said useful on the subject ..
I'm not the one abusing semantics here, Rose. Fetuses are not babies. I have no right to another woman's fetus and neither do you. To sit there and pretend you do is ludicrous imo.

As others have been told, not every pregnancy survives. There's little difference between spontaneous and induced abortion. One was decided by the woman's body, one was decided by the woman's mind. You respond as if this is a bad thing.

Do you get yourself all worked up when someone miscarries? Would you get all worked up about it if you didn't even know about it? And if so, why?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#304870 Jul 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
This is when you sound just like JM. Please, Rose. I've been very clear about wanting women to retain their civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
This does not mean I "want abortion legal past 20 weeks ..as the New law wants it legal up to 20+weeks ."
Roe v Wade already restricts abortion at 24 weeks. I don't see any reason to close the window on this time frame, not even a smidgeon.
Therefore, to me, this "new law" is as redundant as forcing women to have or view ultrasounds even though this had been previously offered without any law in place.
It's just another way for gov't to intrude into a private, medical moment. You hate "obamacare" so much but see no problem with health care being legislated from the legal bench rather than decided by physicians.
<quoted text>
I'm not the one abusing semantics here, Rose. Fetuses are not babies. I have no right to another woman's fetus and neither do you. To sit there and pretend you do is ludicrous imo.
As others have been told, not every pregnancy survives. There's little difference between spontaneous and induced abortion. One was decided by the woman's body, one was decided by the woman's mind. You respond as if this is a bad thing.
Do you get yourself all worked up when someone miscarries? Would you get all worked up about it if you didn't even know about it? And if so, why?
Katie

We do not agree on this ..

If you looked at those videos. And still believe as you do .

Than it is only going to tick one of us off to continue .

I do not wish to do that .

There is no conspiracy here..I see it as humane NOT to do it

You don't see it that way..

BTW,telling me I sound like JM

Does not mean a thing to me.

You have your belief ..I have mine

And I do attempt to be polite..

PEACE

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304871 Jul 14, 2013
ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it your business? Why are you judging? It's not your place to judge, you know. Keep trying to work out your own problems. Don't worry about others.
Knut...LMAO!! Pot meet kettle.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#304872 Jul 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm. Sorry, but "your " church, was started by satan. "Your " church takes "all " the glory from Jesus Christ, and puts it on the backs of filthy men, rituals, repititious prayers, mary worship, baptizm for the dead, and damned. Money money money, and that's. The short list. Please consider either bragging on "your " God, or meet this God so you can. Believe this or not, all I say to you, is in love!
Holy cow...Gtown I think I'm in love.
Gtown71

United States

#304873 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
G I would nit say that..I think in the Middle ShesShe's got off track ..But her modern popes have tried for reconciliation eith the other Christian Churches and the Jews..
Any how,I feel many good Christian s are in all churches...And fir a debate on all this try
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...
Hey lady, yea I at times speak out on this topic, and will try and reframe, since most on here know where I stand. Just to be very clear, I truly believe many catholics will go to heaven, but very few priest or popes.

There is just something about reducing the one and only God of the Universe to a vanilla wafer,that just really bugs me.

I've thought alot about many issues that stir the people. Like the prison job.
We must have laws,but at the same time, the "only " thing that seperates me from those in prison, is I was not caught.
The only thing that seperates me from those headed to Hell, is Gods grace.:)

Location hidden

#304876 Jul 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey lady, yea I at times speak out on this topic, and will try and reframe, since most on here know where I stand. Just to be very clear, I truly believe many catholics will go to heaven, but very few priest or popes.
There is just something about reducing the one and only God of the Universe to a vanilla wafer,that just really bugs me.
We must have laws,but at the same time, the "only " thing that seperates me from those in prison, is I was not caught.
Lol I don't care where you work ..honest labor is what built this country..

And we all Haverford things we regret ..big time..:)

Location hidden

#304877 Jul 14, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow...Gtown I think I'm in love.
Lol. NOW NOW Moon

I think the man is married.

But Madame saw him first กกกกกกกกก

Location hidden

#304878 Jul 14, 2013
Geesh I totally reset this thing ..and she is worse than ever..

That was supposed to say

We all have done things we regret !!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#304879 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well
For one thing ..I am pro life
And the last thing I would call sacred is,sperm.
It's necessary for procreation ..But imo
Not one of the greatest accomplishment I can think of.
As,I said I don't like using Children like that or for any side if a protest .
That's just a personal preference ..
But procreation is everything - isn't it? I mean, hey: that's the premise, why not admit it?

The more life, the better - right?
Isn't that what 'pro-life' means??
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#304880 Jul 14, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
The pill stops ovulation ..No egg ..No baby knit .
If the pill is nit effective and the woman OVULATES..as in some pills used while nursing ..just the one hormone .
Voila. Baby .
Since the pill makes the body not ovulate ..think it is already pregnant ..it IS NOT ABIRTIFACIENT
How do you know that the pill stops ovulation?
Anything against nature is wrong.
Doctors really believe the science they
study is true?
Maybe they make it up.
Why suffer? Let God heal you.

Location hidden

#304881 Jul 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But procreation is everything - isn't it? I mean, hey: that's the premise, why not admit it?
The more life, the better - right?
Isn't that what 'pro-life' means??
You know I don't feel that way ..playa,
Why would I admit such a thing .

I am all for Contraception!!!

And I am not pro sperm ..Lol in any way shape or form..Kind of a mess.

I am for keeping of life already in the womb ..you know that .

But procreation can be contained by birth control ...condoms for that
Nasty ole sperm ..diaphragm ..spermicudes..the pill.

I am all for population control and family planning ..and have been since the women's movement started I supported PP before they got into the abortion business..

as,long as,an existing life is not sacrificed for it!!! Go for it .

And that it was many women my age felt about the whole equality fight..you are almost a generation behind me ..I know how we felt then ..the pill was a great thing for us .

Location hidden

#304882 Jul 14, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that the pill stops ovulation?
Anything against nature is wrong.
Doctors really believe the science they
study is true?
Maybe they make it up.
Why suffer? Let God heal you.
Well you take the pill

You do not violate

That is hoe it works.

Some things can interfere like antibiotics ..or forgetting to take it
Or taking the one hormone pill is not as effective.

But the you get pregnant ..it does NOT abort you ..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#304884 Jul 14, 2013
WELL DARN .

I reset everything with this,and now cannot post with 2 sign ins ..one for each site lol

Oh well .

Figures..fix something and mess up something else
Ocean56

AOL

#304885 Jul 15, 2013
Forum wrote:
Pregnancy is not a punishment.
A woman knows she can get pregnant.
Some women are forced by men.
Sex is only for marriage.
The baby has a right to live.
Pregnancy IS a punishment, to any woman who doesn't want pregnancy or children. That's why many women use reliable contraception; to PREVENT the unwanted outcome of pregnancy.

As for sex, it is for whatever EACH person decides it's for. And procreation isn't the ONLY reason for having sex either. I'm very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.

Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean56

AOL

#304886 Jul 15, 2013
ladida wrote:
You do not know anything about my church so stop posting about it, K? You have no right to post about someones annulment. You keep on harping not to judge yet you do. Tell me what is artificial about awoman's mucous? NFP is natural, therefore can be used. NFP has no barriors nor does it kill sperm or unborn babies. There is nothing wrong with avoiding sex during fertile periods where as using contraception , spermicides kill sperm, the pill kills an unborn child. All you are doing is bashing the church, so please stop bashing my church.
Oh PLEASE, Knutter. There's nothing wrong with using the pill or any other contraceptive method to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy, no matter what your toxic church says. Obviously YOU have serious issues with contraception, so what. YOU aren't forced to use it, are you? No, you aren't. If you want to keep on popping out kids until you hit menopause, that's YOUR burden. I'm very thankful that it isn't mine.

As for the "bashing your church" nonsense, here's another little fact for you; NO church is protected from verbal criticism, including the Catholic Church. Your toxic church can't torture and murder people for so-called "heresy" (criticism of church's policies or doctrines) any longer, which I'm sure sucks for you. But that's just too bad. A person can verbally criticize your church or any other church all he/she wants. Whether you like that or not is irrelevant.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#304887 Jul 15, 2013
ladida wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is trashing my church and please stop it. Stop with the false statements about mu Church. You don't know. Your post is nothing but nonsense.
Usually piggy peggy has problems spelling you're the correct way and lashes out when someone is critical of "your church". Is that you knutterbutter?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#304888 Jul 15, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually piggy peggy has problems spelling you're the correct way and lashes out when someone is critical of "your church". Is that you knutterbutter?
Yes, indeed it is her.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#304889 Jul 15, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs do not dictate what happens after we die. Oh, and hell isn't in the bible but that never stopped you from misunderstanding your own religion and book if fables.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#304890 Jul 15, 2013
Madam Kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. NOW NOW Moon
I think the man is married.
But Madame saw him first กกกกกกกกก
Gtowns cheated on his wife. You can be his next mistress.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#304892 Jul 15, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pregnancy IS a punishment, to any woman who doesn't want pregnancy or children. That's why many women use reliable contraception; to PREVENT the unwanted outcome of pregnancy.
As for sex, it is for whatever EACH person decides it's for. And procreation isn't the ONLY reason for having sex either. I'm very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. I so love NOT being pregnant.
Motherhood: OPTIONAL, not required.
Ocean

I reset my kindle. Lost my bookmarks..

Can you post links to the teen site and misconception

Thanks.

It also won't let me use 2 sign ins on diff threads..
But I can control my apps. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 18 min Bloody Bill Anderson 3,940
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 35,750
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Doug77 11,417
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Yankee Insider 316,356
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr Jet Fans IQ Zero 10,721
just Annette murderer said mom evil female 3 hr Annette murder er 1
Poll Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) May 6 mattashley73 68
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]