Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309875 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#297482 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you say that in the 1800 they were experimental abortions or something like that. to learn about women's insides?
On the other I definitely do not want women ignorant. At all. See all my last posts. The mire she knows about BC AND ABORTION the better to prevent them. I say that over and over Katie.
And sorry but all we hear about is how abortion has freed women. To hear some if the activist orgs it's the best thing to happen ..Roe I mean. When so many of them could have been avoided.
Maybe I do see it from the eyes if times. But it WAS supposed to be BC that freed us . To control our bodies. They touted sex ed too.
Then came AIDS and great reasons fir safe sex or no or less sex with men who were not going to stick around.
All I see is millions of abortions being a norm. And men free to go on their way with less reason to be responsible and nit spread disease.
Seen by looming back its like looking thru Alice's looking glass or falling down the rabbit hole.
The very things that should have made abortion rare..have not.
"Didn't you say that in the 1800 they were experimental abortions or something like that. to learn about women's insides?"

No. Have no idea why you'd think that was written by me based on the words I used.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297483 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol - you know its not the "job " of others to take care of others kids, but those who care would do sonething.
Now is this wayward yuong lady broke, or throwing money in the offering plate??? See the oximorom in your statement? You can't have it both ways katie.
I was a high school suprvisor in a "christisn " school, and no, all who go to a christian school are not christian, most were kids that had been kicked out of public school.
Although I wish it didn't happen, there were 4-6 young girls, age 15-17 who got pregnant one year, and had the babies. I know what road these girls were headed down.
Having a baby, and not having lots of money, depending on others, is one of the greatest things that happened to them. Two of them are my friends on fb.
Their post went from party party, get drunk drunk, have sex, have sex, to I LOVE MY BABY, SHE /HE IS MY WORLD :)
I said, "Agree, they obviously don't care about the babies born and the resulting children who need food, a roof over their heads, clothing, school supplies, etc."

See the words "...don't care about..."? Those words do not equal, "...take care of..."

I'd appreciate it if you would not twist my words or their meanings when discussing issues.
Gtown71

United States

#297484 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>God cookie? The Eucharist is Christ. False teachings? No because Christ started the Church. I would say the protestants are the ones with false teachings after all they were founded by man and not Christ. what is so false? Read abut the Last Supper and then attend Mass . Irts both , Grace and good works, helping someone because you see the face of Christ. This is what the Church is all about.
I must disagree.
This would be a very hard thing for anyone raised in the catholic faith to hear, but babies are sprinkled at around birth. They are told this washes away their original SIN and later if a child is asked, where is Christ? They would point to a box, on a table, inside a very nice building usualy, where a box is that contains the "god cookies "

Those who go against the teaching of the rcc, are threatened to have mass withheld from them.
No cookie in you -no God in you.

Salvation is either by grace or by works.

Many many protestant churches do the same thing. You may not ever see a christian in your life, but when you get saved, they seem to come out of the woods to tell you how you can loose it. Lol

They can't tell you how, only that you can.

Again -I believe there are many true christians "whithin " the catholic faith.
Just like there are many in oter denominations, that are only there, becouse paw paw is buried out back. I say dig paw paw up, and move :)

Peter was not the first pope. He was just a man, used by a mighty God.

He didn't allow any to bow to him, or kiss his dirty hand, he always pointed to Jesus Christ, in all he did.

The pope is not God on earth, and that why it scares me when a man takes that place. No.matter how nice or humble they appear. I really like this new pope, but he is a Jesuit.

President John Adams said, "...if ever there was a body of men who merited eternal damnation on earth and in Hell, it is this Society of Loyola .(THE JESUIT ORDER) "
All Jesuits believe the Jesuit General (the black.pope) "HOLDS THE PLACE OF GOD."
I don't believe any deaerves damnation, more then another, and believe God can save anyone. Yet this is treading on very dangerous ground.

Again, this would be very hard to swallow for me, if I was a devoute catholic.

I am a Christian, that just attends a baptist church :)
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297485 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's completely untrue.
"Anyone who does not pray to the Lord prays to the devil." Homily of the Holy Father Pope Francis
Vatican.VA ^| March 14, 2013 | Pope Francis

Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 10:17:53 PM by PanzerKardinal

Thirdly, professing. We can walk as much as we want, we can build many things, but if we do not profess Jesus Christ, things go wrong. We may become a charitable NGO, but not the Church, the Bride of the Lord. When we are not walking, we stop moving. When we are not building on the stones, what happens? The same thing that happens to children on the beach when they build sandcastles: everything is swept away, there is no solidity. When we do not profess Jesus Christ, the saying of Lťon Bloy comes to mind: "Anyone who does not pray to the Lord prays to the devil." When we do not profess Jesus Christ, we profess the worldliness of the devil, a demonic worldliness.

[...]

This Gospel continues with a situation of a particular kind. The same Peter who professed Jesus Christ, now says to him: You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. I will follow you, but let us not speak of the Cross. That has nothing to do with it. I will follow you on other terms, but without the Cross. When we journey without the Cross, when we build without the Cross, when we profess Christ without the Cross, we are not disciples of the Lord, we are worldly: we may be bishops, priests, cardinals, popes, but not disciples of the Lord.

My wish is that all of us, after these days of grace, will have the courage, yes, the courage, to walk in the presence of the Lord, with the Lordís Cross; to build the Church on the Lordís blood which was poured out on the Cross; and to profess the one glory: Christ crucified. And in this way, the Church will go forward.
Gtown71

United States

#297486 May 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you're also an azzhole regarding OTHER christians as well. You're an equal opportunity moron.
Lol - I only try and speak the truth no matter what, since so many people think of the word christian in sooo many ways.

Westboro is a christian church, is it not?
If not, then should I say so?

Mormans are christians are they not? Even though, they to teach another gospel. Yet they are many, and their building are huge.

I base being a christian on Christ alone!
Now I must get my play on, later :)

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#297487 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>If you are a Christian , then you would know Artificial birth control doesn't free anyone , only enslaves them to promiscuity, abortion . And AIDs? yes, because birth control leads to more pre- extra marital sex the more diseases are spread.
Birth control doesn't do any of those things. You give WAY too much power to medication. I have used artificial methods of birth control in the past. I was not promiscuous, I've been monogamous in my relationship, never had an abortion, nor ever acquired an STD or AIDS and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one to live life that way as well.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297488 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Razz was right on this."

No, she's not.

"There is one true God, all others, are only satan in make up."

You are wrong.

"You say you pray,"

Yes, I said that.

"but then say no one was hepled or saved by their prayers???!?!?"

No, I did not say that.

"Yet you say your god /gods are real?!?!?"

Yes, I say that.

"My God is real, and Can do that witch no others can do."

That's what you believe, fine. Doesn't make it true.

Again, all the faces the Divine show us are true, yet none of them contain the whole truth.

"Sorry for my spelling on which :)"

It's okay, we know you're a jerk.

"Imo -there is only one way to heaven"

It's only your believe that there are only two destinations, not fact. I'm not trying to get to your heaven (any place that contains you and Knit would be like a hell to me), and I won't be going to your hell either.

"but you can pray to a stick if you want to."

Pray to a stick? I pray to my Gods.

So, IIRC, you claimed not to mock others' religions, right? What do you think you just did?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297489 May 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
Seems the computer gods heard my prayer last week. My computer is refreshed and back to factory settings. Of course that means I'll have to access every website manually and let the cookies download... so will be slower for a bit.
The computer began healing itself right after I posted to Rose.
Anyway, will get to other posts later this afternoon.
Lol Katie. Trust me if I had powers I woukd heal people. Lol
But glad you got yours fixed. I hate loding sites I have marked. Good for you
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#297490 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't pray to the one true God , you pray to the devil.
Unprovable, arrogant garbage.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297491 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>"Anyone who does not pray to the Lord prays to the devil." Homily of the Holy Father Pope Francis
Vatican.VA ^| March 14, 2013 | Pope Francis
Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 10:17:53 PM by PanzerKardinal
Thirdly, professing. We can walk as much as we want, we can build many things, but if we do not profess Jesus Christ, things go wrong. We may become a charitable NGO, but not the Church, the Bride of the Lord. When we are not walking, we stop moving. When we are not building on the stones, what happens? The same thing that happens to children on the beach when they build sandcastles: everything is swept away, there is no solidity. When we do not profess Jesus Christ, the saying of Lťon Bloy comes to mind: "Anyone who does not pray to the Lord prays to the devil." When we do not profess Jesus Christ, we profess the worldliness of the devil, a demonic worldliness.
[...]
This Gospel continues with a situation of a particular kind. The same Peter who professed Jesus Christ, now says to him: You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. I will follow you, but let us not speak of the Cross. That has nothing to do with it. I will follow you on other terms, but without the Cross. When we journey without the Cross, when we build without the Cross, when we profess Christ without the Cross, we are not disciples of the Lord, we are worldly: we may be bishops, priests, cardinals, popes, but not disciples of the Lord.
My wish is that all of us, after these days of grace, will have the courage, yes, the courage, to walk in the presence of the Lord, with the Lordís Cross; to build the Church on the Lordís blood which was poured out on the Cross; and to profess the one glory: Christ crucified. And in this way, the Church will go forward.
I understand that is the belief of your religion. It's still wrong.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#297492 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Razz was right on this. There is one true God, all others, are only satan in make up......
My God is real, and Can do that witch no others can do.
Sorry for my spelling on which :)
Imo -there is only one way to heaven, but you can pray to a stick if you want to.
See my post above. You and your fellow christards ask for respect but call any other gods "false" or "worthless"? Spare us your arrogant, unprovable bullcraaaaasp and get back to us when you can learn some tolerance for differing belief and cultures. F you and your dead "worthless" jesus.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297493 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree there should be more restrictions. And no more octomoms. Make say eight .implant 4 at a time. If there are that many eggs
Make less eggs or agree to use them yourself within 2 years of adopt them them out.
I honestly don't know the answer. I am not sure they have souls either as they have no real potential till implanted. I think many of us are as clueless as I am to tell the truth.
The abortion issue has no cachet. I find it sad to the nth degree.
Those babies..whatever stage they are at are alive in their womb and purposely have their lives ended. And it does not HAVE to occur in such great numbers!!!IMHO. THAT is definitely more frustrating to me.
So, in order to have a soul, one must probably be conceived through sexual congress, rather than combination in a test tube.

Even though the resulting embryo has human DNA, regardless....

Interesting.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297494 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where I don't know on the Petri dish embryos. Potential life .
Every embryo is 'potential life' Rose.

Every single one, regardless of its genesis, or its location.

Not one embryo on earth, is guaranteed to gestate to term.

Not one.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297495 May 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Didn't you say that in the 1800 they were experimental abortions or something like that. to learn about women's insides?"
No. Have no idea why you'd think that was written by me based on the words I used.
Experimental was my word in response tp what you described. It sounded like they used womens bodies knowing nothing. Post 297369

Sorry cant copy just a sentence with Madame.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297496 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Every embryo is 'potential life' Rose.
Every single one, regardless of its genesis, or its location.
Not one embryo on earth, is guaranteed to gestate to term.
Not one.
But the ones in the womb that are aborted already are living. They can go on to be born.

Unless you implant the petries..they have NO chance at all.

There is a difference. But I agree it is horrid to have such waste. Should be restrictions on how many they make. Adopt out others if you can. Have no idea how you woukd do that. But I would sure be for that.

On my previous the joys or benefits of being women. Was being abit sarcastic.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297497 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Experimental was my word in response tp what you described. It sounded like they used womens bodies knowing nothing. Post 297369
Sorry cant copy just a sentence with Madame.
I believe what I said was that in the 1800s physicians yanked away women's abilities to perform as midwives. That until that point, midwives (and some sisters, moms, aunts, and other females) routinely performed what we'd now consider ob/gyn care. The male physicians had no clue of the female anatomy, reproductive systems/cycles, that they did not realize women could orgasm same as a man.

"In the United States, abortion laws began to appear in the 1820s, forbidding abortion after the fourth month of pregnancy.

Through the efforts primarily of physicians, the American Medical Association, and legislators, most abortions in the US had been outlawed by 1900."
http://womenshistory.about.com/od/abortionusl...
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297498 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So, in order to have a soul, one must probably be conceived through sexual congress, rather than combination in a test tube.
Even though the resulting embryo has human DNA, regardless....
Interesting.
As I said I admitvI have no idea. I do believe that though human egg snd sperm get together. The timing for each child is a God thing.

The bible says God knit us in the Womb.(not a Petri dish)'
If a woman has a pregnancy from the Petri I believe a soul is there.

I really do believe the petris are human life. And I hate if they are destroyed or experimented on.

But I also believes God breathes a soul into us and as I think of it. I believe we are told this happens in the Womb. The soul is what is in Gods image.we believe they are eternal

As I said I am not sure about where thexpetris come in..but they are a human life and shoukd notvbe treated casually.

Best answer I have:)
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#297499 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the honesty. In the physical side. Ok it has to be much harder on her insides to have an abortion than use BC.
And I am sorry ..I disagree on the other. It doesn't taKE A PL to create maternal feelings. They are natural and come along with the great benefits if womanhood..And if even years after a woman sees her ultrasound and cries fir the lost cHild..That is natural too.
One reason I am for ultrasounds IF SHE WANTS TO LOOK as true informed consent. Imo..also think they are valuable for doctor. But for the PC to be against them partly because she may see it hear something of life there and change her mind is kind of non choice imo.
Back to contraception. Most work . They are cheap. And much easier on everyone. And certainly less expensive financially..medically and mentally.
We are woman..Hear us roar..Let us protect ourselves and unborn children.
You're more pro-choice than you think. You have a point about informed consent but the question arises, "Does the government have the right to force you look?"

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297500 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But the ones in the womb that are aborted already are living. They can go on to be born.
Unless you implant the petries..they have NO chance at all.
There is a difference. But I agree it is horrid to have such waste. Should be restrictions on how many they make. Adopt out others if you can. Have no idea how you woukd do that. But I would sure be for that.
On my previous the joys or benefits of being women. Was being abit sarcastic.
There is no real difference, other than one: location, location, location.

Unless the 'naturally' conceived embryos implant there is no chance at all, either - and the chances improve only slightly if they DO implant....so many miscarriages....far more than gestated pregnancies statistically.

My point is, it seems to be more a matter of whether or not a woman should be obligated to gestate, than whether or not embryos are 'potential' or 'life'.

That's why we disagree so strongly.
I think it MUST be left up to individuals - you think it SHOULD be left up to chance - God - fate - whatever - as long as she doesn't deliberately end her pregnancy.

JMO

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297501 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said I admitvI have no idea. I do believe that though human egg snd sperm get together. The timing for each child is a God thing.
The bible says God knit us in the Womb.(not a Petri dish)'
If a woman has a pregnancy from the Petri I believe a soul is there.
I really do believe the petris are human life. And I hate if they are destroyed or experimented on.
But I also believes God breathes a soul into us and as I think of it. I believe we are told this happens in the Womb. The soul is what is in Gods image.we believe they are eternal
As I said I am not sure about where thexpetris come in..but they are a human life and shoukd notvbe treated casually.
Best answer I have:)
And it's a good one, too.

It's honest. That's all I ever asked for.

Thank-you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 24 min forrest 11,427
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 24 min forrest 10,040
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 26 min Unbiased Chargers... 35,759
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 31 min Bloody Bill Anderson 3,956
cant talk about that here? 1 hr hmmm 1
cant talk about it here 1 hr lippy stongpocking 1
my cats eats cheese 1 hr meow 1
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE