Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,972)

Showing posts 279,421 - 279,440 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Using them all and leaving it "to God" is what gave us Octomom. You know that, right?
Oh yes, let's discuss that one!

Who here is anxious to support Octomom, in her quest to raise 14 kids on welfare???

She's pretty pro-life.

Personally, I think women like her should be poster-kids for the SCPL movement.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know the history of the Catholic Church, if you did, you would never have left the church.
Reported. Just 'cuz.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Rally round the Duggars, too....unless there's going to be a discussion about them deliberately trying to get Linda pregnant again, knowing she's more likely to miscarry than not....
(Oh, wait, nobody gets pregnant just in order to kill...
er...
well...)

Oh man, I should really make some more popcorn...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
I suspect most, if not all, SCPL folks, give IVF a pass because the ostensible purpose is to get a woman pregnant. But in that case, those 'extraneous' embryos are just collateral damage.
They are still just as dead at the end of it.
Which is why, when asked about the deliberateness of their demise, SCPL talk about **anything** else, and desperately avoid the question.
The question is: Do you care about human life, or merely about the fact that life is carried around in a human woman?
Petri dishes, evidently, don't have the cachet of wombs....
I agree there should be more restrictions. And no more octomoms. Make say eight .implant 4 at a time. If there are that many eggs
Make less eggs or agree to use them yourself within 2 years of adopt them them out.
I honestly don't know the answer. I am not sure they have souls either as they have no real potential till implanted. I think many of us are as clueless as I am to tell the truth.

The abortion issue has no cachet. I find it sad to the nth degree.
Those babies..whatever stage they are at are alive in their womb and purposely have their lives ended. And it does not HAVE to occur in such great numbers!!!IMHO. THAT is definitely more frustrating to me.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I predicted, you will refuse to accept various facts and instead you'll respond with more rants about your own personal beliefs.
Didn't you say the other day that there is only one God and any other God besides your own is worthless? Yeah, you're a piece of garbage who doesn't deserve any respect. Take your intolerance and your extremist beliefs and shove it.
Yea I did say that, and believe it with all my heart.

There is one GOD, all other gods are worthless in the end of it all.

You may continue to preach your everyone is ok, don't even need to pray

Theres no hell, and all is well. It is very confussing, which the bible tells us where that comes from.

Sounds like it comes from a reprobate mind, which the bible tells us where you get one of those as well, which is another thing I know about you "in my heart "

You prefer to hang onto your sin filled life, then face the truth.

Killing on innocence is also looked at as murder, by God
yet honestly it wouldn't matter if we had abortion legal or not, as far as heaven /hell.

Folks do plenty to deserve hell without abortion anywhere near them.

Jesus loves YOU feces, just know that, and will not turn you away, but will ACCEPT YOU, if you repent and agree with Him about YOUR condition!

You can have a real relationship with God, instead of reading and making up your own version / versions of Him

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Profound and thought provoking response.
Do all 24,000 of your posts contain such amazing insight?
Only to the 1000 of them that address idiots like yourself.

Carry on troll.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes, let's discuss that one!
Who here is anxious to support Octomom, in her quest to raise 14 kids on welfare???
She's pretty pro-life.
Personally, I think women like her should be poster-kids for the SCPL movement.
She's a loon. Imo and her doctor should be disbarred. Have to wonder how many they put in her to get 8 live. And it seems the only reason she did it was to be on tv. She can support herself..thank you but feel sorry fir those kids.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
Rally round the Duggars, too....unless there's going to be a discussion about them deliberately trying to get Linda pregnant again, knowing she's more likely to miscarry than not....
er...
well...)
Looking up Duggars. Another one never heard of. Told you very little interest in stupid news and by what you said this sounds stupid
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Using them all and leaving it "to God" is what gave us Octomom. You know that, right?
See last post lol can't keep up.

There should be rules on how many made and implanted.
Octomoms is a crime imo. And so are the reality tv that spawned her lunacy
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he really say that Jesus "knew English", or am I reading that incorrectly?
No you read correct. Jesus knew English. He also knew you would be asking this question on topixs, and I pray you start understand just how much He loves you.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm about to bring on a whole nother level of enemies, but I must speak truth as I truly believe /know it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you read correct. Jesus knew English. He also knew you would be asking this question on topixs, and I pray you start understand just how much He loves you.
Now if you will excuse me, I'm about to bring on a whole nother level of enemies, but I must speak truth as I truly believe /know it.
You're an idiot. And you're engaged in wishful thinking, no more.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know the history of the Catholic Church, if you did, you would never have left the church.
Razz, I thank you for standing up against abortion, but when it comes to the truth on God /catholic faith, I believe you are bad wrong, and only going by what you were taught.

I was saved in my bed, and my life forever changed, and I've never stepped inside of a catholic church.

What I'm about to say, I say in love and truth.

I don't believe the catholic church "as a whole " is of God.
Unless from the god of this world satan "whom I believe started the catholic church "

It preaches "another gospel " that paul wrote about,

I DO BELIEVE THEY ARE SOME TRUE CHRISTIANS INSIDE OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

As far as priest and higher up positions, I believe there are christians there as well, and I'm not the judge, but I'm afraid of any pope ever being in heaven. No matter how nice they are. It is what they believe that counts.

Satan can transform himself into an angel of light.

God is alive and well, and those who repent, and agree with Him, and ask Him to save them from a pure heart cry, can be saved.

Jesus lives within my heart, HE IS ALWAYS GOING TO, AS HE LEADS MY TO MY HOME IN HEAVEN.

HE IS NOT a cookie inside of a box in some building many call THE CHURCH.

HE IS NOT something one must swallow each week, in order to have God in them.

I'm sorry, and realize many other people will not like me now, but THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS A WORKS SALVATION BASED THING, THAT HAS MADE MUCH MONIES ON THEIR GIMMICKS.

AGAIN -I BELIEVE THERE ARE TRUE CHRISTIANS WITHIN THE CHURCH, BUT ONLY THERE BECOUSE THEY HANG ONTO TRADITIONS OF MEN.

I BELIEVE IT IS THE GREATEST EXAMPLE OF HOW SOOO MANY LOOK AT IT, AND THINK IT REPRESENTS GOD, WHEN GOD IS NOT PLEASED WITH IT AT ALL, AND EVEN ASK FOR PEOPLE TO COME OUT FROM AMONGER HER IN REV.

I SAY WHAT I SAY IN LOVE -GOD KNOWS AND SEES MY HEART.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to let you in on a little secret Rose. I too think that abortion can be hard on women, both physically and emotionally...but I also know that it usually isn't.
And what's more, if it is hard on women, I know that the hue and cry from the SCPL side isn't making it any easier....which is pretty much the point of the SCPL side. The agenda is to MAKE it hard on women....by manipulating that maternal instinct you're so sure should reside in every female.
Insidious.
Thanks for the honesty. In the physical side. Ok it has to be much harder on her insides to have an abortion than use BC.

And I am sorry ..I disagree on the other. It doesn't taKE A PL to create maternal feelings. They are natural and come along with the great benefits if womanhood..And if even years after a woman sees her ultrasound and cries fir the lost cHild..That is natural too.

One reason I am for ultrasounds IF SHE WANTS TO LOOK as true informed consent. Imo..also think they are valuable for doctor. But for the PC to be against them partly because she may see it hear something of life there and change her mind is kind of non choice imo.

Back to contraception. Most work . They are cheap. And much easier on everyone. And certainly less expensive financially..medically and mentally.

We are woman..Hear us roar..Let us protect ourselves and unborn children.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hel is an old English word similar to icelandic/ old norse heill. You honestly have no clue where the word comes from and what it really means.

Good to know your dead man-god was a time traveller and teleporter. He probably used those magical power to come and personslly visit you.

Let us know when your spaceship lands, jonnycakes.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Bottom line is that no one can prove the existence of a god. Some people died, most didn't. Prayers had nothing to do with it, either way. Unless, you are the one that can prove it....get back to us on that:-)
Elise can you prove prayers did nothing good?
You know even if God wasn't real "yet He is " imo
Prayers help people on their end if nothing else.

Many pray to a false god, and yet they feel better.
Ever see them misguided folks dancing in an airport before chanting harry christmas or something :)
They feel better

Wicans feel better, after they pray, or do they pray? One for bitner :)

Maybe you will forgive me for whatever I've done :)
I miss you sharp sarcasim and other post.

I've told you I'm a jerk at times "ok many times " :(
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yuk on the experimentation for sure alternatives criminal. And thanks for the history.
But I lived through most of the Changes. abortion was not a part of the vocabulary. Maybe a small percentage had them ..But they had almost NOTHING at all to keep us from conceiving in the first place. And we had our babies and survived. We did not sacrifice a human life to do it.
And there was still in the sixties Not Much knowledge to be had. Unless docs had done surgeries during pregnancy..even they had very little idea what was happening stage by stage on a woman.
I think someplace in my home I still have Life magazine showing the first pictures from the womb. That was around 72'
The pill WAS seen as the great equalizer and I thought PP was a great organization pioneering in this miracle.
But then the focus became the legalization of abortion and even today women use.it for birth control.
To me ..who does believe life sacred..this is just crazy when so much else is available.
But on the women's rights issuer. It seems to be the battle cry today for groups like Naral etc. So it is part of it. And the numbers Do reflect a lack of responsibility. Face it. We expect that from men in general..sorry guys. But it's the women who usually have to deal. And so many are not. IMO
And I still think the states and the people should have had a vote.because this has had such a dividing effect on the country.
You seem to want women to remain ignorant. I find that sad.

I don't see abortion rights as a rallying cry for the women's movement per se. I do see that criminalizing abortion again will remove medical equality women currently share with men.

As for the experimentation, not sure what you're alluding to since I didn't bring it up in this discussion.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the honesty. In the physical side. Ok it has to be much harder on her insides to have an abortion than use BC.
And I am sorry ..I disagree on the other. It doesn't taKE A PL to create maternal feelings. They are natural and come along with the great benefits if womanhood..And if even years after a woman sees her ultrasound and cries fir the lost cHild..That is natural too.
One reason I am for ultrasounds IF SHE WANTS TO LOOK as true informed consent. Imo..also think they are valuable for doctor. But for the PC to be against them partly because she may see it hear something of life there and change her mind is kind of non choice imo.
Back to contraception. Most work . They are cheap. And much easier on everyone. And certainly less expensive financially..medically and mentally.
We are woman..Hear us roar..Let us protect ourselves and unborn children.
Rose, it's been explained to you many times that we are not against ultrasounds. We are against laws which mandate that the doctor must do one, even if it's not medically necessary, AND against laws that force a woman to HAVE TO look at one, or listen to a description of one.

Not one of us is against her looking at one IF she chooses.

Please stop saying this thing, it's not true.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
er...
well...)
Linda?? Ok now I'm confused. Read about Michelle on wiki.

Aside from being on tv..??? Obviously they are following their conscience. Personally I don't see anything wrong with BC unless it's an abirtifacient.

The thing on them is from wiki they seem to take good care of those children..AGaIN the reality show angle..I personally don't watch that stuff

Now my daughter in law unfortunately tried everything to have a baby. And had miscarriages miscarriages too. She woukd get preggers after they stopped trying and then lose them. Our granddaughter to me is a real miracle baby. Only one they will have. But on her she didn't even know she was pregnant !! Baby was premature but healthy thank God and the Apple of my son's eye (one more reason I thank God that abortion was not the norm when I was 16)

Guess I will have t o find out about Linda now lol

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise can you prove prayers did nothing good?
You know even if God wasn't real "yet He is " imo
Prayers help people on their end if nothing else.
Many pray to a false god, and yet they feel better.
Ever see them misguided folks dancing in an airport before chanting harry christmas or something :)
They feel better
Wicans feel better, after they pray, or do they pray? One for bitner :)
Maybe you will forgive me for whatever I've done :)
I miss you sharp sarcasim and other post.
I've told you I'm a jerk at times "ok many times " :(
Yes, Wiccans pray. And no, we do not pray to "false gods".

It's Hare Krishna, and that's not a prayer. More like a meditation.

The point being that the OP implied that people were saved BECAUSE they prayed. That is baseless speculation.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IVF can be a blessing. But I do feel they destroy life when they dump them . So no not criminalize but maybe make less to go wasted. As I say I have no control on how they do it. But woukd definitely. Rather see them adopted. Or used again by the parents. Of course a good number die in the womb..so use them more maybe. Leave it to God if tgey implant.(Or fate if you rather) as I said letting them grOw further further to experiment Should be criminal for sure.
The frozen embryos though at the systemically frozen. Do not at that point have a hope of life where they are..
I ADMIT fully I have more care on abortion. For me it will akways be a woman killing her own child. If you see an ultrasound and hear a heartbeat how can anyone nit we it as her cHild.. IMo..though I know you disagree.
Women's pregnant bodies naturally nurture. And as I said a lot.
I think think abortions as bad for the mom..though not fatal as it is for the child. Imo
Agreed.
People must MUST believe things like abortion is no more killing of life, as a guy spilling his seed on the ground.
Or try and ask about frozen embryols.

It is all kinda playing God imo

People try to avoid the SIN question. Either they don't believe in SIN or they beileve its self inflicted nonsense.

Yet I believe when an abortion takes place, it effects many others, other then self.

God bless you rose! I must get my "play on ", since my daughter is out of school, and tells me, if we are going to get our play on, we better get started. Lol

I pray my remarks about the catholic faith, is taken in love, but I can only say what I believe.

I like the new pope, but just afraid of what he believes. I also do not see this trying to pull all religions together as a good thing.

I admit christians should pull together, but trying to say, christians, muslims, and others should unite, is a very dangerous thing.

I can kinda imagine the backlash I'll recieve after my comments, but any true christians should be able to see a major difference in grace and works.

I pray God guides my post much more now. I believe prayer does work :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 279,421 - 279,440 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 13 min plusloving 5,325
Does anybody remmeber the Wild Cowboys era in W... (Oct '08) 2 hr BKNY85 1,434
DISCO FK 174 Audubon (Jul '11) 2 hr Chavez 183
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr plusloving 305,657
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 3 hr Phillip 2
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr MacDaddyobama 6,354
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 4 hr MacDaddyobama 16,769
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••