Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,560
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#296023 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Various scenarios played out; I lived as a southwestern hispanic shaman; I made a movie with john carradine; I was in a laboratory, ensconced in a glass tub in san fransisco in the 1920's; and various bits and pieces of other "lives". All very cinematic; each had a different color tone and style.
<quoted text>
Were you always gay in your other roles?
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#296024 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Mmm...medical bondage....:) But since coma patients have no sense of time, they still should have been more diligent.
I never could skate, so you're doing just fine.
<quoted text>
That's a lie, all gay men can figure skate very well.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296025 May 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea - but I think banning books is a disgusting practice.
If parents don't have enough faith in the strength and rightness of their views, to allow their children glimpses into the views of others, I pity both them and the children. And if children blindly follow the views their parents hold, especially the ones which don't make sense to them, they will never learn to think for themselves, or why their parents hold such views.
Ok here's something really controversial. Which has huge support among the masses of parents..Vouchers

The teachers in the public schools are so overwhelmed by class size and the need to build more schools.
An example..supposedly each child here costs the government over 7500 per year and probably more.

If they gave a 5000 voucher IF THE PARENTS OPTED.. the state would save money. The class sizes would go down. Would need less school building.
The kids could go to whatever school they could afford free private..no vouchers..charter..no voucher..private they probably would pay something besides the voucher but with mire students probably more private or religious schools.(AND THIS IS not the state making a state religion..)

Then those with a problem with books would have a choice..the undereducated would have a choice..Washington DC parents have repeatedly supported vouchers . In other inner cities the same.

This would actually solve the main problem of overcrowding..dearth of school buildings..choice for parents.

But as with most common sense solutions..no one has the political will to try it..says it takes money away..But it saves the state's building and per student expenses. And the competition would most likely be good.
The public schools could probably offer some more choices in curriculum than the private. So I am sure they would remain the top choice..but still it's an idea

As we have here..the state's still have requirements. They all have to take their tests..etc

Ok don't all answer at once. Rotf
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#296026 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis died of constipation. His body no longer processed waste and the toxins killed him.
Terri had a heartbeat, but not much more. She breathed in and out. But not much more.
You tell me why it was kind to keep her alive while blind (the optical area of her brain liquefied), while in a state of not dead, but not living. With no awareness of herself or those around her.
Regardless of the lies (or wishful thinking) her parents told, people who actually spent time with Terri knew she was not aware anyone was there. Those tapes her parents made and sold for donations were bits and pieces of over 4 hours. Mere minutes here and there meant to mislead (or portray their wishful thinking).
"Terri had a heartbeat, but not much more. She breathed in and out. But not much more."

Wow! Sounds like you.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#296027 May 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody that matters cares what you believe Skanky, and given you're known as the biggest lying sack of shit here - next to your other suck buddy that is.
<quoted text> Nobody said it was, so dont put your moronic "quotes" around words nobody said.
Surgically implanted PEG tubes ARE unnatural however. You stupid dope.
<quoted text>
You've been proven wrong many times now Skankdawg. Carry on.
Yes we do. Those of us who believe in the Culture of Life Care. You on the other hand, as a leader of the Culture of Death, we can do without. Your proabortion militant lesbian pagan views are old and boring.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#296028 May 14, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
we are smart enough to keep them in a cage, so we can avoid them.
If you think you could outwit a gorilla, you need to challenge one.
Fence in a couple of wooded acres for a week or so, insert gorilla, insert you, and let the best man, and mans daddy win.
The word outwit will have a whole new meaning to you.
This is how you counter creationism ? Laughable.
Are you kidding? Put Vladdy in a caged area with a gorilla and Valddy will become Mrs. Gorilla in a heartbeat and be thrilled to do it. I think you just described old gay Vladdy idea of heaven, Mrs. Gorilla.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296029 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well even the article which I reread says the parents have recourse to substitution if they find material their KIDS.
BANNING a book means taking it off the shelves. Being upset that YOUR CHILD for whom you are responsible is REQUIRED to read something is not BANNING. Now the parents wanted to change things for the whole school..That is a bit closer but still not BANNING. Pesky old language. SERIOUSLY though..even if it was not required required but recommended the kids could go to the library and get it. Not banned
This goes for any booK especially with ideas some people might not like. DON'T take them away but let parents have a say for their own kids..that is their JOB. obviously there are requirements like Math and science and languages..and the schools can certainly make them read books..but let parents decide in subjects they have an interest in.
Maybe it is because we have so many parents that leave the child rearing to the schools that responsibility has been abdicated. BUT I don't want the STATE to have the final say about everything. BUT THAT ALSO only means for MY OWN KIDS.
This whole choice thing is about choice..freedom. but a mother has or should have freedom to take her responsibility seriously AS REGARDS HER CHILDREN. ON ANY SUBJECT. IMO
There's no need to shout, Rose.

I agree that parents should take their parental responsibility seriously - I always considered it my responsibility to make sure my children read all the books assigned to them, and to discuss what they were reading with both them and their teachers. If there were any portions of assigned books with which I disagreed, we discussed that too...but I NEVER forbade them to read ANYTHING.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296030 May 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis died of constipation. His body no longer processed waste and the toxins killed him.
Terri had a heartbeat, but not much more. She breathed in and out. But not much more.
You tell me why it was kind to keep her alive while blind (the optical area of her brain liquefied), while in a state of not dead, but not living. With no awareness of herself or those around her.
Regardless of the lies (or wishful thinking) her parents told, people who actually spent time with Terri knew she was not aware anyone was there. Those tapes her parents made and sold for donations were bits and pieces of over 4 hours. Mere minutes here and there meant to mislead (or portray their wishful thinking).
Elvis died of a drug overdose and very poor health do to over eating and no exercise. No one dies of constipation unless your bowels burst. Elvis was in horrid shape he always ate and sat around , like several of you pro aborts do.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296031 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok here's something really controversial. Which has huge support among the masses of parents..Vouchers
The teachers in the public schools are so overwhelmed by class size and the need to build more schools.
An example..supposedly each child here costs the government over 7500 per year and probably more.
If they gave a 5000 voucher IF THE PARENTS OPTED.. the state would save money. The class sizes would go down. Would need less school building.
The kids could go to whatever school they could afford free private..no vouchers..charter..no voucher..private they probably would pay something besides the voucher but with mire students probably more private or religious schools.(AND THIS IS not the state making a state religion..)
Then those with a problem with books would have a choice..the undereducated would have a choice..Washington DC parents have repeatedly supported vouchers . In other inner cities the same.
This would actually solve the main problem of overcrowding..dearth of school buildings..choice for parents.
But as with most common sense solutions..no one has the political will to try it..says it takes money away..But it saves the state's building and per student expenses. And the competition would most likely be good.
The public schools could probably offer some more choices in curriculum than the private. So I am sure they would remain the top choice..but still it's an idea
As we have here..the state's still have requirements. They all have to take their tests..etc
Ok don't all answer at once. Rotf
Five thousand wouldn't pay for half of the tuition for a Catholic or other private school.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296032 May 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe all the shoddy abortion houses will be closed down, and the need for better inspections will be attended to, and fewer intrusive and violent SCPL will intimidate and murder obstetricians who perform abortions, and more qualified physicians will staff clinics, and fewer women will be subject to crap medicine due to crap inspections, and the intimidation of qualified ob/gyns...
Well,that would be all of them. Just stop abortions and teach your children how to love themselves so they won't give in to temptations. This worked for thousands of years for the majority of people.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296033 May 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>There's no need to shout, Rose.
I agree that parents should take their parental responsibility seriously - I always considered it my responsibility to make sure my children read all the books assigned to them, and to discuss what they were reading with both them and their teachers. If there were any portions of assigned books with which I disagreed, we discussed that too...but I NEVER forbade them to read ANYTHING.
Really just use caps for emphasis on words. They kind of all look so small..anyway not trying to be rude.
The thing is..not all parents are,as open as you are on some subjects.maybe it's a preference thing..maybe it's a religious thing..maybe they are very private about sexual matters.

Now if they objected to history books as in say holocaust deniers or don't want slavery discussed ..as in the official history of the US or WW 2. That is,a subject that I assume is required

Beatific am an animal activist and don't want my kid reading Moby Duck...there should be on the reading list other outside reading they can substitute..

As I said they should not have a say over the whole list but the school
Should be sensitive and give choices..imo

This school board seems to have ruled that they had alternatives in place..As they should IMO.

I discussed with my own daughter at age 4 where babies come from because she asked. As she got older she knew more.

about other things we discussed what she asked about.

She went to a Christian school. I worked multiple jobs to make it so. She got a great education
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296034 May 14, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Five thousand wouldn't pay for half of the tuition for a Catholic or other private school.
That's what I said. and maybe with more students they could charge less.
And I pulled that number from the air.
But for many parents they could come up with partial tuition if not all of it. I never did any more than work for a doc or hospital. But education was important..a priority. And for most of that time I got no child support either. I managed.
Most of my education was on the job or I took classes only own mostly.

Main reason why I determined she would go farther than I had. SHE DID. Thank God.
I not only paid tuition homeschool taxes for the public school as well.
There are no tax benefits..nothing. no real tax credits like now

You do what you can if you need to.

And many poor working class people sacrifice already. Why not give them some relief.
worships reality

United States

#296035 May 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You can't say anyone has committed a crime if they have been found not guilty. They are either innocent or guilty. What you want to think about them is totally irrelevant.
<quoted text>
i'm not saying they "have" committed a crime. i'm merely saying that you cannot definitively say that they have "not" committed a crime based on a not guilty verdict.
can you comprehend anything beyond "see spot run" ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296036 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really just use caps for emphasis on words. They kind of all look so small..anyway not trying to be rude.
The thing is..not all parents are,as open as you are on some subjects.maybe it's a preference thing..maybe it's a religious thing..maybe they are very private about sexual matters.
Now if they objected to history books as in say holocaust deniers or don't want slavery discussed ..as in the official history of the US or WW 2. That is,a subject that I assume is required
Beatific am an animal activist and don't want my kid reading Moby Duck...there should be on the reading list other outside reading they can substitute..
As I said they should not have a say over the whole list but the school
Should be sensitive and give choices..imo
This school board seems to have ruled that they had alternatives in place..As they should IMO.
I discussed with my own daughter at age 4 where babies come from because she asked. As she got older she knew more.
about other things we discussed what she asked about.
She went to a Christian school. I worked multiple jobs to make it so. She got a great education
It was rather ridiculous of me to chastise you for the all-caps, and then turn right 'round to do the same in my own post. I apologize, for being a dork, Rose.

Concerning your daughter's education, I'm sure she got a fine one... her knowing you were deeply involved with that education is a very positive thing, and I'm sure it contributed greatly to her success.

As far as censoring their reading materials is concerned, I agree with you: parents have the right to keep our children as ignorant of the views of others as we care to...I've just declined to exercise that one.

The cruelty depicted in 'Moby Dick' might actually do much to reinforce your views against cruelty, for your daughter. In any event,'Moby Dick' is in every library in the Nation. You do know she will be free to read it on her own initiative, if she ever feels the need, once she's of age, right?

(We can't control their reading choices forever....)
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296037 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said. and maybe with more students they could charge less.
And I pulled that number from the air.
But for many parents they could come up with partial tuition if not all of it. I never did any more than work for a doc or hospital. But education was important..a priority. And for most of that time I got no child support either. I managed.
Most of my education was on the job or I took classes only own mostly.
Main reason why I determined she would go farther than I had. SHE DID. Thank God.
I not only paid tuition homeschool taxes for the public school as well.
There are no tax benefits..nothing. no real tax credits like now
You do what you can if you need to.
And many poor working class people sacrifice already. Why not give them some relief.
I sent my kids to Catholic school and yea I paid taxes for the public school, the tuition it costs for one kid.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296038 May 14, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It was rather ridiculous of me to chastise you for the all-caps, and then turn right 'round to do the same in my own post. I apologize, for being a dork, Rose.
Concerning your daughter's education, I'm sure she got a fine one... her knowing you were deeply involved with that education is a very positive thing, and I'm sure it contributed greatly to her success.
As far as censoring their reading materials is concerned, I agree with you: parents have the right to keep our children as ignorant of the views of others as we care to...I've just declined to exercise that one.
The cruelty depicted in 'Moby Dick' might actually do much to reinforce your views against cruelty, for your daughter. In any event,'Moby Dick' is in every library in the Nation. You do know she will be free to read it on her own initiative, if she ever feels the need, once she's of age, right?
(We can't control their reading choices forever....)
Lol I saw the caps and smiled. I know all caps is shouting..you should see my emails . I underline and make big letters..Lol

I hated Moby Duck. We had to read it in public school in High School
They didn't have a list of choices. That and we studied Beowulf.
Both boring as all get out.

as a kid I read all the superhero comic books. Tame compared to today.
Daughter liked these teen romances. Not Charleston..Not racy..Had my fried order the newest and I got them for her as I or she could afford

She is a great reader. And my bookstore friend said to me..you show me a kid who reads a lot..they do well in life. He andcwifexwere like family. And I worked there on Says. Extra job

She,was an A student..used to browse with me since she was little.
Never actually had to stop her as her books were ok by my standards.

And lol yes she reads anything she wants to. We used to share Nora Roberts..Mary Higgins Clark and still do a bit.we both have kindled.

Oldest grandson. Great reader too. Next one doesn't like to read.

All different but those kids won't get books or any toys parents don't approve of..Parents responsibility and we should have more of it.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#296039 May 14, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Well,that would be all of them. Just stop abortions and teach your children how to love themselves so they won't give in to temptations. This worked for thousands of years for the majority of people.
Really?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296040 May 14, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I saw the caps and smiled. I know all caps is shouting..you should see my emails . I underline and make big letters..Lol
I hated Moby Duck. We had to read it in public school in High School
They didn't have a list of choices. That and we studied Beowulf.
Both boring as all get out.
as a kid I read all the superhero comic books. Tame compared to today.
Daughter liked these teen romances. Not Charleston..Not racy..Had my fried order the newest and I got them for her as I or she could afford
She is a great reader. And my bookstore friend said to me..you show me a kid who reads a lot..they do well in life. He andcwifexwere like family. And I worked there on Says. Extra job
She,was an A student..used to browse with me since she was little.
Never actually had to stop her as her books were ok by my standards.
And lol yes she reads anything she wants to. We used to share Nora Roberts..Mary Higgins Clark and still do a bit.we both have kindled.
Oldest grandson. Great reader too. Next one doesn't like to read.
All different but those kids won't get books or any toys parents don't approve of..Parents responsibility and we should have more of it.
As a teacher, especially of small children, if a child doesn't like, to read it saddens me a little... but as long as they can read well anyway, they'll be fine.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296042 May 14, 2013
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296043 May 14, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie, all gay men can figure skate very well.
Light on their feet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knicks talk back (Dec '06) 15 min reddevil76 6,440
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min SpaceBlues 46,604
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 15,051
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Pat-Med 88 10,560
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 307,972
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr JETS 4 LIFE 9,034
Hottest arabs in New York 2 hr EIIa 3
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000