Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313390 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz Madam kindle

Pompano Beach, FL

#294785 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't agree more, Miss Foo. Miss Rose communicates quite well, in spite of Madam Kindle's efforts to thwart her...frankly, I rather enjoy separating Miss Rose's wheat from Madam Kindle's chaff - it's like a brain game!!
Very healthy.
:)
ROTF..my eyes are watering from laughing and thank you. Lol
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294786 May 4, 2013
Áck forgot to change my name back lol

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294787 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Áck forgot to change my name back lol
Rules of life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's ALL small stuff...
3. Live, Love, Laugh.

That's pretty much it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#294788 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
In only 23 short years, my son did a marvelous job of that. When his body was in the hospital, at which he arrived without a heartbeat or brainwaves, and stayed for four days while we found matching recipients for his organs, he was visited by at least 150 people. There was never a time when his visiting hours weren't crowded - practically everyone who ever knew him loved him, and wanted to say goodbye. There was a never-ending wave of prayers from all those folks, and such an outpouring of love for our Alex, that most of them were sure he would sit up and ask us what the heck we were all doing there....of course, he never did. With his organ donations, 7 people's lives were continued or given second chances as a result of his death, and he changed the lives of more people while he was alive, than I will ever know. I was so proud of him...and still am.
Many people don't accomplish in a long life what your boy did in his short one. Nice work, Mom.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294789 May 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Many people don't accomplish in a long life what your boy did in his short one. Nice work, Mom.
When I did my best, it was pretty good. I didn't always, and there are things I would change....but he turned out really well in spite of me....

What a ride it was....and thank you, Miss E.

Location hidden

#294790 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is the belief in what we cannot see. It is ours thrum grace..if we want it
Like I said, I can't force myself to believe something, even if I had a great desire for it to be real. As a young person, I wanted to believe in a higher power and for years, I just accepted the Christian god, because that's what I grew up with. I was raised in a beautiful, traditional sect. However, faith isn't enough for me. There needs to be some evidence that a god exists. If I become convinced, fine. If not, that's fine, also. I don't worry about it, at all.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294791 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, kind sir. But you have no idea how many times I kicked myself for being a bad one....we all make mistakes, and I made some doozies. That boy became a wonderful man in spite of them, though, and I love him to the moon and back forever.
Yanno one sign of the best moms is kicking oneself over our perceived deficiencies or mistakes.

Little story..my daughter W's a really good kid..think I may have spanned her like 3 times as a little kid for scathe things like using a razor ..one whack and I wanted to cry..

Anyway as she grew up basically if I got angry she would give herself time out and go to her room.

Imagine my shock when at around 12 plus she got reallly mouthy..send her yo room. Take something away. Etc..
one day it got really bad. And I just had it and smacked her...she runs down the hall crying on shock..I sm standing with tears kn my eyes. My friend says I was wi seeing hoe long you were going to take that. Well the storm blew over the mouth got better and no prov tip just before collge year..that is another story..

Anyway roll forward..about 10 plus years...Getting married. The day before the wedding we are having a talk about stuff..serious things. Anyway I hug her and tell her how I have always felt bad for slapping her in anger. SHE LOoKS AT ME with a big question mark...lol she never even remembered...!!!!

She has her own kids now. And is a super mom..

Thing is if you were not a good mom....you would never even think you could be.

Location hidden

#294792 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When I did my best, it was pretty good. I didn't always, and there are things I would change....but he turned out really well in spite of me....
What a ride it was....and thank you, Miss E.
It's amazing that any of us survive our parents, imo:-)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294793 May 4, 2013
CORRECTION.. never think you could be a bad one....make mistakes. Etc
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294794 May 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I can't force myself to believe something, even if I had a great desire for it to be real. As a young person, I wanted to believe in a higher power and for years, I just accepted the Christian god, because that's what I grew up with. I was raised in a beautiful, traditional sect. However, faith isn't enough for me. There needs to be some evidence that a god exists. If I become convinced, fine. If not, that's fine, also. I don't worry about it, at all.
For me I always believed what I learned as a kid..But I never came to true faith and LOVE until in my 50's.
I even thought about reincarnation for a while. Read books etc.
Even Satan beieves in God..but that is not love..it is something that you feel in your soul...and its never too late in life..
One never knows what the future will be for us and our spirits...I heard this sermon on Tv..about the God sized hole in our hearts..that we try to fill with earthly things and loves..that and a lot of other things. Eventually got me..but for everyone it is personal ..and a choice...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294795 May 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing that any of us survive our parents, imo:-)
One of life's little miracles, yeppers!!

(Actually, my parents were pretty great - but that's just my opinion. I have to remind my mom how great I turned out, every now and then, because she gives herself crap too...)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294796 May 4, 2013
They just WERE. Stop asking questions!
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And isn't the Serpent the most talented conman of them all? How were 2 people, who were denied knowledge, supposed to go up against the worst of the worst?
Not A Godbot

United States

#294797 May 4, 2013
The bible?! You might as well beleive in Grimm's Faerytales! I'll tell you there's a Sandman! Pffftttt!

Only the feeble minded are afflicted with teligion!
Gtown71

United States

#294798 May 4, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
"It seems to me, if all women would simply do as you did, then there would be no problem.
They don't , there is".
You actually think that if all 11 million+ child bearing, sexually active women went to PP for birth control that there wouldn't be any unexpected/unwanted pregnancies. It's absurd.
Just pointing out the fact, that a woman and a very active gay man on here uses precautions,and are both older and have never had any issues?!?
Playa is right

United States

#294799 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rules of life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's ALL small stuff...
3. Live, Love, Laugh.
That's pretty much it.
Too many folks are burdened with the heavy yoke of religion.
Elise is right

United States

#294800 May 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I can't force myself to believe something, even if I had a great desire for it to be real. As a young person, I wanted to believe in a higher power and for years, I just accepted the Christian god, because that's what I grew up with. I was raised in a beautiful, traditional sect. However, faith isn't enough for me. There needs to be some evidence that a god exists. If I become convinced, fine. If not, that's fine, also. I don't worry about it, at all.
There could be a god but I doubt these folks have the answers.

Indianapolis

#294801 May 4, 2013
well, that one's easy. It harkens back to pre-embalming days, when people were sometimes buried alive.

In tomtom's case, it'll be because it will take three days to allow all the people he's insulted to spit in his face. That box is going to need a spitvalve.
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prince Imbecile might as well ask why Christian people hold wakes and "viewings" where people sit around chit-chatting with a corpse in a casket at the front of the room. He's just another arrogant fundie spouting nonsense.
Gtown71

United States

#294802 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, kind sir. But you have no idea how many times I kicked myself for being a bad one....we all make mistakes, and I made some doozies. That boy became a wonderful man in spite of them, though, and I love him to the moon and back forever.
Although we, as parents mess up. I agree with cpeter on this one, your love for your son is very evident.:)
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#294803 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yanno one sign of the best moms is kicking oneself over our perceived deficiencies or mistakes.
Little story..my daughter W's a really good kid..think I may have spanned her like 3 times as a little kid for scathe things like using a razor ..one whack and I wanted to cry..
Anyway as she grew up basically if I got angry she would give herself time out and go to her room.
Imagine my shock when at around 12 plus she got reallly mouthy..send her yo room. Take something away. Etc..
one day it got really bad. And I just had it and smacked her...she runs down the hall crying on shock..I sm standing with tears kn my eyes. My friend says I was wi seeing hoe long you were going to take that. Well the storm blew over the mouth got better and no prov tip just before collge year..that is another story..
Anyway roll forward..about 10 plus years...Getting married. The day before the wedding we are having a talk about stuff..serious things. Anyway I hug her and tell her how I have always felt bad for slapping her in anger. SHE LOoKS AT ME with a big question mark...lol she never even remembered...!!!!
She has her own kids now. And is a super mom..
Thing is if you were not a good mom....you would never even think you could be.
You had a serious talk with her when when she was 28 years old (10 plus years after her college year)?
"her mouth got better" How hard did you slap her?

Indianapolis

#294804 May 4, 2013
Kids learn from parents' mistakes as well as good guidance. Nothing's harder for a child than to try to live up to a "perfect" parent's example.
not a playa1965 wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 2 min De Oppresso Liber 2,368
Seattle helping homeless 56 min lol at bums 9
Obama is a proven marxists 3 hr Atruecanadian 3
La La Land - fake Oscar news 3 hr OSCARs TRUMPED 2
News (LOOK) Barack Obama visits New York City 4 hr USA Today 4
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 hr rainmaker2016 17,585
News The Complexities of Being Both Latino and Muslim Dec '16 Nonlib 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages