Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291373 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you didn't believe scripture so how can you say she proved what you don't believe or did you suddenly become a believer of Jewish scripture. Talk about silly.
That particular debate was did Jesus fulfill the requirements of the Messiah. She said no and supported her position. You believe yes, but have not supported your position.

I say no because I don't believe in the factual reality of the scriptures.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291374 Mar 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite wrong. Throughout history, women have been ending their own pregnancies, usually with the help of midwives and herbalists, and it was simply considered no one else's business. When the US was founded, abortion was legal up to the point of quickening, and abortifacients were advertised in local newspapers. In fact, abortion was not outlawed by all states until around 1900, and even before RvW the states were passing laws with exceptions to those bans. So, abortion has been the woman's right, always, and was only illegal here for a very short time, and those laws were unconstitutional. You wanting to make abortion illegal IS taking away something that every woman has, the right to choose. Period.
I have yet to see, even though I've been asking for years, an argument against abortion that is not, at it's core, religious. Every person who has made the claim that they are not basing their arguments on religion that I've argued with, turns out they really are. They're just in denial. There is NO reason to object to someone else making their own choice regarding their own uterus and pregnancy that is not religious at it's core. None.
Exxcellent! Very well said :)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291375 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point here or something you think I don't know.
If you have to ask, there's no reason to continue old woman.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291376 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe anything written about Christ so what is the point? If we were to have a discussion on the suject, you would have to accept that we are talking about a real person and you don't. End of subject. You said He didn't exist so let's agree, He didn't exist. Now will anyone ever fit your criteria?
This is one of your overused evasion tactics. This and when you start asking an endless barrage of pointless questions. You don't get how transparent you're being, and that it's clear you're not able to support your claims or refute anything.

Even Cpeter the atheist knows bible history way better than you do.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291377 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Pilate?
Shouldn't YOU know? Your whole belief system is based on these stories, so don't you even know?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291378 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My scripture says He did.
http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/proph...
Is there one thing in particular that you don't believe H fullfilled?
What is this? It's some dumbed down list where everything was allegedly fulfilled but not at all explained. Foo actually showed each requirement according to scripture and illustrated in some detail how it was not fulfilled.

If I were moderating a debate and asking to be convinced one way or the other Foo would win by a 100 miles.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291379 Mar 31, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That particular debate was did Jesus fulfill the requirements of the Messiah. She said no and supported her position. You believe yes, but have not supported your position.
I say no because I don't believe in the factual reality of the scriptures.
Exactly. She CANT support her position, so she ignores it.

Location hidden

#291380 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Shouldn't YOU know? Your whole belief system is based on these stories, so don't you even know?
Of course she doesn't know. This is why she keep deflecting and ignoring what she can't support.

Location hidden

#291381 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
What is this? It's some dumbed down list where everything was allegedly fulfilled but not at all explained. Foo actually showed each requirement according to scripture and illustrated in some detail how it was not fulfilled.
Lets just take one at random from her "list" and look at it, shall we?

24. Ex. 12:21-27 Christ is our Passover

ROFLMAO I find this one hysterical. "CHRIST" isn't mentioned at all in the Tanakh. Not even REMOTELY. Its not even a prophecy Yet these freaks take Exodus, specifically the 10th plague passage (killing of the first born of EGYPT) and call it about christ??

WHAT BULLSHIT! LOLOLOLOL!!

This part of the Jewish bible has ZERO to do with christ, and certainly isn't a prophecy, let ALONE being a fullfilled requirement for a messiah.

But then, its easy for people making a 'new' g-d to ignore, change and bastardize what they NEED to CREATE prophicies fullfilled.
If I were moderating a debate and asking to be convinced one way or the other Foo would win by a 100 miles.
Its not even about 'winning' IMO LNM. Its about people like Inkstain knowing nothing about their own faith, and not being able to back up the things they claim.

THere's a reason its called "faith", but when one like Inkstain makes claims she can't back up, while I Can and DO certainly and easily refute her claims, its not even a debate, its a debacle.

In order to have a debate, both sides need SOME knowledge, Inkstain apparently has only hot air and hypocricy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291382 Mar 31, 2013
Most likely in caeserea; there is no mention in any secular source that he was in judea. Of course, there's no secular mention of jesus either.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Pilate?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291383 Mar 31, 2013
She was possessed by the demon Blattidae.
<quoted text>
"This was the conversation that caused me to call her a cockroach."
Caused you? So you didn't choose on your own to do the very thing you're complaining she did? Interesting the way your mind works.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291384 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just take one at random from her "list" and look at it, shall we?
24. Ex. 12:21-27 Christ is our Passover
ROFLMAO I find this one hysterical. "CHRIST" isn't mentioned at all in the Tanakh. Not even REMOTELY. Its not even a prophecy Yet these freaks take Exodus, specifically the 10th plague passage (killing of the first born of EGYPT) and call it about christ??
WHAT BULLSHIT! LOLOLOLOL!!
This part of the Jewish bible has ZERO to do with christ, and certainly isn't a prophecy, let ALONE being a fullfilled requirement for a messiah.
But then, its easy for people making a 'new' g-d to ignore, change and bastardize what they NEED to CREATE prophicies fullfilled.
<quoted text>
Its not even about 'winning' IMO LNM. Its about people like Inkstain knowing nothing about their own faith, and not being able to back up the things they claim.
THere's a reason its called "faith", but when one like Inkstain makes claims she can't back up, while I Can and DO certainly and easily refute her claims, its not even a debate, its a debacle.
In order to have a debate, both sides need SOME knowledge, Inkstain apparently has only hot air and hypocricy.
She simply wants to declare herself right and then gets uppity when questioned. And for her to continually ask that we prove a negative while she makes no move to support her claims is ridiculous. She's free to follow any dogma she chooses but when she judges others by her own beliefs she runs into problems.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291385 Mar 31, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
She was possessed by the demon Blattidae.
<quoted text>
Or she's a student of Flip Wilson.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291386 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course she doesn't know. This is why she keep deflecting and ignoring what she can't support.
It amazes me that these people are so attached to their dogma but don't bother to actually learn about it. They blindly accept whatever comes from the pulpit. You would think they would study and learn all they can about the very thing that is the foundation of their entire life.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291387 Mar 31, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Ayaka. All evidence points to these unintended consequences becoming the "norm" when abortion is treated as criminal. All anyone has to do is watch what happens in the South American countries where induced abortion's been recently criminalized to see increase in mortality of pregnant women.
But some here think criminalizing it is the answer because if/when women have "illegal" abortions, she can blame no-one but herself for dying.
But here in our great country where abortion is supposed to be "safe", we have a "clinic" like Gosnell's that is able to operate right under the noses of the very people who are supposed to be keeping women safe. It's not that no one KNEW what was going on, they didn't CARE what was going on. Gosnell would still be killing women and children if there hadn't been a drug bust.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291388 Mar 31, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
But here in our great country where abortion is supposed to be "safe", we have a "clinic" like Gosnell's that is able to operate right under the noses of the very people who are supposed to be keeping women safe. It's not that no one KNEW what was going on, they didn't CARE what was going on. Gosnell would still be killing women and children if there hadn't been a drug bust.
For as many times as you've offered this, it's starting to sound like you're making excuses for Gosnel being allowed to operate so long.

Yes, it's clear nobody in your state cared what was going on in Gosnel's clinics. Looked they didn't care much either about his pill mill, but more so than the abortion clinic.

As you say, "...a clinic..." He is one. One. How many more would there be if abortion was completely deregulated and no longer monitored altogether due to being criminalized? How many more are out there now?

I still think Foo is closer to reality regarding lack of caring for the poor rather than lack of caring for women obtaining abortions.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291389 Mar 31, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There shouldn't have been a Gosnell's "clinic" to go to.
I agree Sue, but the fact remains that there should have been protesters at Gosnell's clinic protesting and scaring these women away but instead PL was just a few miles away protesting a PP. Pennsylvania has some of the most restrictive abortion laws in the U.S where women are required to have counseling to discuss their other options. They weren't getting this service at Gosnells clinic. Credit to busting Gosnell goes to the DEA, not any Pro life or Pro choice organization.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291390 Mar 31, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
For as many times as you've offered this, it's starting to sound like you're making excuses for Gosnel being allowed to operate so long.
Yes, it's clear nobody in your state cared what was going on in Gosnel's clinics. Looked they didn't care much either about his pill mill, but more so than the abortion clinic.
As you say, "...a clinic..." He is one. One. How many more would there be if abortion was completely deregulated and no longer monitored altogether due to being criminalized? How many more are out there now?
I still think Foo is closer to reality regarding lack of caring for the poor rather than lack of caring for women obtaining abortions.
"Yes, it's clear nobody in your state cared what was going on in Gosnel's clinics."

His "clinic" was inspected by The National Abortion Federation, who admitted that they found filthy and dangerous conditions, they just didn't care enough about women and children to bother reporting him.

"He is one."

He is not the only one:

"A similar incident occurred in October 2000 when a 21-year-old woman bled to death after having an abortion in a Dayton, Ohio clinic. The clinic where the death occurred had recently been granted a waiver from any kind of special treatment for abortion complications by the Ohio Department of Health. The normal Ohio medical license requires doctors to have a hospital and doctor identified in case of severe complications from medical procedures such as abortion."

"CDC statistics dating back to 1975 revealed that there were seven times as many abortion deaths following Roe v. Wade than prior to the decision. The desire for "safe and legal" abortions has been behind the desire of groups in favor of abortion rights to oppose efforts to overturn Roe v. Wade."

"Hard numbers regarding how many women either die or receive poor medical treatment are unavailable because abortion providers keep tight control over actual numbers."

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/abortion-conv...

"Pennsylvania health officials say renewed inspections uncovered poor conditions at the two Abortion as an Alternative Inc. clinics in the months after a drug investigation revealed a "house of horrors" at another facility operating for years in Philadelphia.
Two days after being ordered to suspend performing abortions, Dr. Soleiman M. Soli, 73, announced he would shut down the clinics instead and retire, officials said. Soli's other clinic was in the Germantown section of the city.
At Soli's clinics, the Department of Health found drugs decades past their expiration dates, inadequate or inoperable equipment, poor record-keeping and mishandling of fetal tissue."

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/the_int...

Of course then there's Dr Steven Brigham who has had his license revoked in several states yet continued to perform abortions.

"How many more would there be if abortion was completely deregulated and no longer monitored altogether due to being criminalized? How many more are out there now?"

It appears that making abortion legal hasn't stopped the back-alley butchers, it just allows them to operate in the main stream.

Location hidden

#291391 Mar 31, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes for everybody Sue, PL, PC and the Pennsylvania state government.

Location hidden

#291392 Mar 31, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. Gosnell was a vulture preying on the poor and drug addicted in Pennsylvania. He deserves everything he gets, but the state has only themselves to blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? 6 min sick of you morons 792
News Brave dog Leo honored with monument in Serbian ... 29 min lol 6
ATT reward cards expire. ATT sux 30 min USA 1
Jacqueline DuBois 35 min Feeling played 1
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 44 min DAVID27 1,763
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 46 min DAVID27 1,574
News Fifth teacher accused of sex misconduct at city... 2 hr Ted Haggard s Gos... 6
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages