Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,640)

Showing posts 272,781 - 272,800 of303,157
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Bit, haven't you heard that the U.S Military sends single moms to the front lines without any consideration of the dependents she has?
Inkstain is a moron. The US Military doesn't allow single parents to enlist. Period.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemili...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should he? He's right!
I've done the same thing before, but drop it after a while, becouse the pro choice crowd circles their wagons and protect their pride, even though they know they are wrong. Double standard is how they live.
Gtown, you havent been right about anything here since you started posting, but you HAVE done a lot of lying about it.

Carry on shmuck.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Is THAT how you think you come across?@@ Get real. You come across as an extremely bitter old harridan, with the top education of a 6th grade dropout who has no life. You're here from morning to night, 7 days a week in the last month or so.
"not so snappish"?? LOLOLOL!! Who DO you think you're kidding Inkstain?
All you do is insult people. But you are a women without a single man, lol, pathetic.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO! Is THAT how you think you come across?@@ Get real. You come across as an extremely bitter old harridan, with the top education of a 6th grade dropout who has no life. You're here from morning to night, 7 days a week in the last month or so.
"not so snappish"?? LOLOLOL!! Who DO you think you're kidding Inkstain?
Shhheeeeeee's back.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you think both genders are equal and have equal rights and none should be specific nurturers, why shouldn't men have a paternity leave?
Absolutely,when men give birth and suckle their offspring.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely,when men give birth and suckle their offspring.
Exactly, you cannot change role models within a family. But a child also need his dad present to.

A child needs both a mother and a father. Without them, you are left with damaged goods as children.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am better natured and not so snappish.
I disagree. To me, you come across as a control freak who doesn't know how to let go of other people's reins.

As for military women, they've already got to make provisions before they go overseas. Sometimes kids stay with their dads, sometimes another family member steps up and takes care of the kids (this is usually when mom and dad are stationed at separate posts). And yes, sometimes women die overseas, leaving their husbands and kids behind. They've made provisions for that as well. And most likely, the families are well taken care of insurance-wise.

"The reality is that women have already served in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. They comprise 15 percent of the 1.4 million active military personnel. More than 280,000 women have been sent to Iraq, Afghanistan or to other war zones; 152 have died and 800 been injured. Enlisted women want payment for their combat duties, and they seek promotions to jobs denied them; some are suing the Pentagon over this issue.

Women join the military for the same reasons as do men. Because of the recession, high unemployment, and the proliferation of part-time and low-wage jobs, they are also subjected to the “economic draft.” This is especially true for women of color, who face worse discrimination and economic inequality. The military recruits them
by promising college educations, job training and benefits."
<SNIP>
"Male soldiers have been serving three and four deployments in war zones. Many suffer from war-related post-traumatic stress disorder and depression. Troop morale is low; suicides are at an all-time high. There is no military draft to replenish the forces. Pentagon and other government officials fear a major revolt among the youth if they try to reinstate it.

Women are needed in combat. This is a major reason for the Pentagon’s new policy."
http://www.workers.org/2013/02/02/women-in-co...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. To me, you come across as a control freak who doesn't know how to let go of other people's reins.
Oh snap!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Why do you presume both parents are dead?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call children of dead parents?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, you cannot change role models within a family. But a child also need his dad present to.
A child needs both a mother and a father. Without them, you are left with damaged goods as children.
Children need both incomes to do well in life. It's poverty that makes the difference. Divorce is expensive. But in my experience, attorneys aren't too hot on having their clients legally separate (which, imo, is a better solution for doomed relationships).

Don't take my word for it, though. Here's a report, 10yrs old, still relevant though.

http://www.clasp.org/admin/site/publications_...
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
We send fathers overseas all the time. I guess dads really ARE expendible.
<quoted text>
No, kids suffer whenever the home is disrupted, and I wish there was no one going to war. I just don't know why any woman would want to complicate it.
Men and women fighting together, living together, and more and more problems will happen.
A kid named Jacob worked with my wife a few years ago, and talked of joining the marines. He did, and now he's dead, becouse he was shot by a fellow marine the other night along with a "woman", and then the marine that shot and killed them, shot and killed himself.
This kinda stuff will just get worse. People have a human nature.
War calls for complete concentration, and I realize I come up with things to make people think about reality.
Why are men and women seperated in our prison system?
that's my new thought of the day :)
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Militant religionist guys like "Gtown" and Tommy obviously have serious issues with equality. They make THAT obvious every time they post.:-)
Ok ocean "who has still not answered my question ",if we are equal, then why not put women and men in the same prisons together?
If men and women can work, fight, together, then why not do time together?
I'm sure there would be no problems there either, right?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, kids suffer whenever the home is disrupted, and I wish there was no one going to war. I just don't know why any woman would want to complicate it.
Men and women fighting together, living together, and more and more problems will happen.
A kid named Jacob worked with my wife a few years ago, and talked of joining the marines. He did, and now he's dead, becouse he was shot by a fellow marine the other night along with a "woman", and then the marine that shot and killed them, shot and killed himself.
This kinda stuff will just get worse. People have a human nature.
War calls for complete concentration, and I realize I come up with things to make people think about reality.
Why are men and women seperated in our prison system?
that's my new thought of the day :)
So... what would be Gtown's solution to this kind of tragedy?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok ocean "who has still not answered my question ",if we are equal, then why not put women and men in the same prisons together?
If men and women can work, fight, together, then why not do time together?
I'm sure there would be no problems there either, right?
The USA has had co-ed prisons since, at least, the late '70s. Female prisons see its share of violence with male guards as perpetuaters.

What would Gtown recommend?
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA has had co-ed prisons since, at least, the late '70s. Female prisons see its share of violence with male guards as perpetuaters.
What would Gtown recommend?
But I have read an article where most men tend to be sexually harrassed by female perputators.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Men should have maternity leave too, if you want equality, since you think both should go to work and none should be a specific nurturer.
I agree that men should have paternity leave (that's the correct term, hon.) They do in some countries, and it results in healthier families. As a matter of fact, here in NM, both my friend and her husband got family leave when their baby was born.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Inkstain is a moron. The US Military doesn't allow single parents to enlist. Period.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemili...
Well, I have a friend who's son is a single dad and he is in the Army. Enlisted as a single parent.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Since some women have convince the military that women should be allowed in combat which may very well lead to women having to serve in combat doesn't that amount to girls not having a choice to go to battle and possibly die and leave orphans behind?
Is that a weird concept to you?
I already wrote that I oppose the draft. I don't think that any person should be forced to go into battle. When men enlist in the military, they sometimes die in battle, leaving their children fatherless. When they die for their countries, we call them heroes. It isn't any different if a woman dies for her country, leaving her children motherless. She is a hero.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that men should have paternity leave (that's the correct term, hon.) They do in some countries, and it results in healthier families. As a matter of fact, here in NM, both my friend and her husband got family leave when their baby was born.
Of course it is paternity leave, I might have a mild form of dyslexia, with a bit of anxiety, still easy enough to cope with, you just have your silly mood swings.

Just because your daddy showed his disdain recently of people who make "bigoted" remarks, does not mean they are to be hated and shown open comtempt for it, child.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was an ASSUMPTION that we hadn't seen the possible repercussions, as though we needed him to point them out to us 'poor little things'. He's obviously just used to dealing with empty headed women like you. We do see them.
It figures that Ink would fawn over a dink like Gtown71. Lol, hilarious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 272,781 - 272,800 of303,157
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 13 min forrest 8,904
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 14 min forrest 9,393
which color is more peaceful 50 min RinGo_ 15
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 57 min positronium 6,185
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 57 min bigtool 10,020
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 59 min positronium 6,287
Word Association (Jul '10) 1 hr RinGo_ 6,895
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE