Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315336 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Auburn, WA

#288195 Mar 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It just burns their ass that I proved the Bible does not "forbid abortion". That in fact, at least under one set of circumstances (Law of Jealousies) it is justified, if not the desired outcome of this Trial by Ordeal.
How can if forbid abortion when it discusses ways to kill pregnant women? Or even in Exodus, when the 3rd party only needs to pay a fine if he caused an abortion without harming the woman. But it's life for a life if he harms the woman in the process. Still, it seems silly to cause an abortion to prove infidelity. But what can be expected from people who didn't understand biology the way we do?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#288196 Mar 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What terms did I mix up? Do you know what you are talking about?
Unlike you, honey, I always know what I'm talking about. You've confused yourself, again.

Location hidden

#288197 Mar 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
I don't wish to control anyone.
I have a hard enough time dealing with myself.lo
Does it bother me, that we've reached a place in time, where women are aborting so many babies -yes.
sex is no longer sacred? Yes
Divorce rate higher then ever -yes
Its ok though, most people enjoy the coughing and sneezing, and even learn to live with it, or use enough tissue to not go to far, as time ticks away.
Tell me was abortion wrong before it was legal?
Does making something legal, make it right?
As you can see we can go on forever, with the back and forth.
Women are now going to the frontlines of warzones, yet could not survive the frontlines of an nfl game.
do I think women and men are different -YES.and they should stay that way. Nor better, not worse, just different.
The lines are so blurred now -I give the future generations very little chance to have a "normal " life.
If anyone can remeber what normal is.
I'm sorry that you find the world so baffling. Perhaps it would help you to take care of your own life and let others live theirs. And, abortion has never been wrong unless the individual woman believes that it's wrong for her, personally. Legality doesn't change that.

Location hidden

#288198 Mar 6, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You and other baby-killing "feminists" wish you were born with a penis between your legs.
You couldn't be more wrong. 1) I don't know how you men walk around with those ridiculous things down there. 2) I don't need male genitalia to have bigger balls than any fundie boy, anywhere.

Location hidden

#288199 Mar 6, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm sure you wish the same.
<quoted text>
Bam! Lol

Location hidden

#288200 Mar 6, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Inkstain, your head called, it wants to come OUT of your ass now.
She must be choking from the fumes of those sour grapes she's been eating.

Location hidden

#288201 Mar 6, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in the real world not all who are shot are killed. The women will have to carry the wounded.
Yet, even if that never came up, in war -you have men and women mixed together far away from home. If you want to talk real world, what do you think will happen?
After 9/11 a large group of firemen went to help the wives of the fallen, just to be there for them, have you seen how that turned out?
Has the divorce rate changed, after men and women started working together?
Do you believe there is a difference in a man and woman?
Hollywood makes most dads seem like idiots, and kids rule.
We live in an upside down world, and it will get worse.
For years a man could make enough to support his wife and kids, and now it takes both parents, and still not making it, in most cases.
Everyone is stressed, and each to their own.
Sure the past had problems, but sometimes we allow our laws to make them worse.
It hasn't been very long, so I geuss we will see.
So far -not so well.
Sorry, honey, but the days in which one income supported a family comfortably are gone. Buck up and get a job, already.
worships reality

United States

#288202 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, honey, but the days in which one income supported a family comfortably are gone.
he just said that.
suggestion: read first, "then" respond.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288203 Mar 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Whos! Is your faith shaken?
I would like to discuss the rest of your post because you are now looking at the Law of Jealousies from a secular POV.
Before we go there, however, I'd like to ask: Do you accept that I've made my case?
No. You still have to explain how trying to abort a woman who is probably not pregnant going to prove or disprove her fidelity.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288204 Mar 6, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, honey, I always know what I'm talking about. You've confused yourself, again.
I figured you couldn't come up with anything.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288205 Mar 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
It just burns their ass that I proved the Bible does not "forbid abortion". That in fact, at least under one set of circumstances (Law of Jealousies) it is justified, if not the desired outcome of this Trial by Ordeal.
Does it make sense to you that this would be an effective way to determine a wife's faithfulness? You keep ignoring this question. Could it be you don't have an answer?
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#288206 Mar 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You still have to explain how trying to abort a woman who is probably not pregnant going to prove or disprove her fidelity.
Dollars to donuts that this thing was a Sunday school dropout - argued with the priests about everything. While that gtown fool never saw the inside of a bible study class.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#288207 Mar 6, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is okay with ripping women's wombs open and dashing infants heads against rocks. Why wouldn't it be okay with abortion?
STO is not wrong regarding Numbers 5.
If the bible is "okay" with ripping women's wombs open and dashing infants heads against rocks (rolls eyes), then it MUST be acceptable for that practice today.

Why are moms in prison for killing their born? God says it's okay. Right?

You people will do or use anything to justify killing the innocent.

Shall we find out what God has to say about killing the innocent? Or about a child in the womb? Or what God ssys about killing?. Nah......STO won't do that. He won't even answer Gtowns simple question asked of him SEVERAL times. Why ? It doesn't suit his agenda what God says about that.

His Mom aborted and he is desperately trying to justify it. His Mom is unrepentant and if he really loves her he will pray for her. He is also misleading his fellow proaborts. He should be telling the truth and leading them to God with messages of love and forgiveness.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#288208 Mar 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting to see if Ink will admit I made my case regarding Numbers 5.
http://www.drbo.org/chapter/04 005.htm

You made no case.

Heck you even admitted KJV is "imperfect" and so you wonder why you are getting questioned?

Words were added which were forbidden.

Books were taken away which were forbidden.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288209 Mar 6, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Dollars to donuts that this thing was a Sunday school dropout - argued with the priests about everything. While that gtown fool never saw the inside of a bible study class.
Going to give you a chance to prove you can think rationally.

Since STO can't answer, Do you think drinking dirty water will cause an abortion in a wife who isn't pregnant?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#288210 Mar 6, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it make sense to you that this would be an effective way to determine a wife's faithfulness? You keep ignoring this question. Could it be you don't have an answer?
STO is frustrated. He doesn't like to have bible discussions. He links something that he's copied and pasted and refuses to acknowledge the inconsistencies.

Mesnwhile, he knows(or claims to) the bible. Having read the "entire bible" yet leaves out what God has to say about killing the innocent or how he created us. He has NO problem talking about this ONE passage in the bible for weeks on end but when asked about another ( by Gtown) he runs because he is afraid to have his proabort friends not like his answer.

He has an agenda. He's using God to justify his evil support and to cover up his siblings death.Take notice that otherwise, he REFUSES to talk about God.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288211 Mar 6, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.drbo.org/chapter/04005.htm
You made no case.
Heck you even admitted KJV is "imperfect" and so you wonder why you are getting questioned?
Words were added which were forbidden.
Books were taken away which were forbidden.
he refuses to explain how this could be an effect test for infidelity if the wife isn't pregnant.

I don't believe God would give such a stupid law to his people.

If you interpret it his way, it sounds like the Jews guys figured a way to poison their wife so they could get a new one.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288212 Mar 6, 2013
effective
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#288213 Mar 6, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered. It's right there in the post you replied to. It reads:
Her husband suspects infidelity. He can then apply the Law of Jealousies. The Law is laid out in the Numbers 5 passages.
If the bitter water does not cause a miscarriage, she is innocent.
Good Lord, Ink -- READ the passages.
What's the proof that the womans suppose infidelity caused the pregnancy and not her sexual intercourse with him? So she would miscarry HIS child?

Makes no sense.

Throughout scripture murder is described as THE KILLING OF INNOCENT HUMANS...A HEINOUSCRIME.

Now...in genesis God says we are his creation made in his imahe and likeness.

Heres where the bible refers to the CHILD in the womb..or the children(teins) in Rebekkahs womb...or in Luke about the UNBORN Christ...

JEREMIAH 1:5
PSALM 139:13-16
EXODUS 21:22-25
GENESIS 1:26-27 9:6

What's interesting is how you ignore that.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288214 Mar 6, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>What's the proof that the woman's suppose infidelity caused the pregnancy and not her sexual intercourse with him? So she would miscarry HIS child?
Makes no sense.
Throughout scripture murder is described as THE KILLING OF INNOCENT HUMANS...A HEINOUSCRIME.
Now...in genesis God says we are his creation made in his image and likeness.
Here's where the bible refers to the CHILD in the womb..or the children(twins) in Rebekah's womb...or in Luke about the UNBORN Christ...
JEREMIAH 1:5
PSALM 139:13-16
EXODUS 21:22-25
GENESIS 1:26-27 9:6
What's interesting is how you ignore that.
STO clings like poison ivy to this one chapter that makes no sense thinking it supports abortion. and he has some other dummies that don't even know what a bible looks like to join his silly side.
Even if he is right, I can't believe God would devise a law so stupid and pitifully inadequate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will you buy Hillary's new book? 20 min Brad 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 26 min jimi-yank 45,419
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr BHJ 339,036
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 17,067
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr rainmaker2016 18,394
News Aging New York Immigrants Confront Shortage of ... 3 hr spud 2
Recipe for good health? (Jul '12) 4 hr Mentall 2

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance