Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311323 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#287158 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you too.
No I think they are technically accurate but intentionally misleading.
You think clinical breast exams are "technically accurate but intentionally misleading"?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287159 Feb 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
i doubt the charge will stick.
You hope.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287160 Feb 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>They go for all of the reasons pregnant women go to women's health clinics. How often do women go to a health clinic to give birth? Like I said, your critical thinking skills are lacking. Thanks for proving that.
Few give prenatal care.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287161 Feb 27, 2013
Sorry, but we've all seen the video where PP supposedly "lied about doing mammograms". They did not. The woman said breast cancer screening. A clinical breast exam IS breast cancer screening. Period. There is nothing "misleading" there. PP clinics perform clinical breast exams and refer women out to places that perform free or low cost mammos, just like my OB/GYN does. Oh, except that my OB/GYN doesn't bother choosing a free or low cost place, as I have insurance. Unlike many women who go to PP clinics.

The desperation to whine about PP causes the kind of stupidity we saw yesterday, with Stupid Sassy saying that CBEs are "not cancer screening". As it caused the PLM to claim that PP lied about doing mammograms when they patently did not. Now THAT is "intentionally misleading".
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287162 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You think clinical breast exams are "technically accurate but intentionally misleading"?
Yes, I think to some that sounds like a mammogram. Why do you think the rate of metastasized beast cancer in young women has risen alarmingly?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287163 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You hope.
What an idiotic thing to say. Why would that be their "hope"?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287164 Feb 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If you're asking if he did anything unethical, of course, I do.
Not the question.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287165 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Few give prenatal care.
The number doesn't matter. The fact that some do disproves your implication that the only reason a pregnant woman would have for going to a PP clinic is to have an abortion.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287166 Feb 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it. Aborted fetuses aren't saved for burial or cremation. They are medical waste.
Not always. We have a cemetary where a special section called 'the innocents' is where stillborns and aborted babies are buried.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287167 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I think to some that sounds like a mammogram. Why do you think the rate of metastasized beast cancer in young women has risen alarmingly?
Only an idiot would assume that the phrase breast cancer screening ONLY meant mammograms when there are several such tests, and mammos aren't even done on women until they are 40 unless they fall into high risk categories.

If you are attempting to imply that the rate of metastasized breast cancer in young women is PP's fault because they don't do mammos, then it's YOU who is being "intentionally misleading".
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287168 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The number doesn't matter. The fact that some do disproves your implication that the only reason a pregnant woman would have for going to a PP clinic is to have an abortion.
Of course it does. If most of PPs don't do prenatal care and they don't then obviously the pregnant women aren't going they for a service that they don't offer. Use some common sense.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287169 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would assume that the phrase breast cancer screening ONLY meant mammograms when there are several such tests, and mammos aren't even done on women until they are 40 unless they fall into high risk categories.
If you are attempting to imply that the rate of metastasized breast cancer in young women is PP's fault because they don't do mammos, then it's YOU who is being "intentionally misleading".
It amazes me that you think women who can't follow birth control in structions would know the difference between mammograms and breast screenings.

As far as your second paragraph, it is off the charts for stupidity.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#287170 Feb 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiotic thing to say. Why would that be their "hope"?
Because if he is convicted of a crime against an unborn child, pcers will have a harder time declaring that the baby inutero isn't a child. You already have a problem with that Scott Peterson case.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287171 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does. If most of PPs don't do prenatal care and they don't then obviously the pregnant women aren't going they for a service that they don't offer. Use some common sense.
YOU try to some honesty. YOU implied that the ONLY reason a pregnant woman would have to go to a PP clinic is to have abortion. Even if only ONE PP clinic provides prenatal care, and that is not the case, it disproves that implication.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287172 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that you think women who can't follow birth control in structions would know the difference between mammograms and breast screenings.
As far as your second paragraph, it is off the charts for stupidity.
I said nothing about women following birth control instructions, Strawman. My statement stands.

As for my second paragraph, if that wasn't your intention, please do tell us what WAS your point in bringing that up?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287173 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because if he is convicted of a crime against an unborn child, pcers will have a harder time declaring that the baby inutero isn't a child. You already have a problem with that Scott Peterson case.
Both of your statements are incorrect. You obviously haven't been paying attention to the discussions.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#287174 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says "most" dont offer it. From what I can see by clicking on their various state websites, MOST DO.

Location hidden

#287175 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody "has a problem with the case", since INTELLIGENT people understand that the WANTED viable fetus was within weeks, if not days of being born, and in fact - there's some question if it was born at the time of death as was testified to by the coroner. He couldn't state definitivly that Conner wasn't born when he was killed.

What a STUPID woman you are.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#287176 Feb 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says "most" dont offer it. From what I can see by clicking on their various state websites, MOST DO.
Here's a question. Why, when a CPC does pregnancy testing and only offers referrals for prenatal care, do they consider this "helping a woman keep her pregnancy", but when PP clinics do the same thing, it's not?

Location hidden

#287177 Feb 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the victims were teen age boys. That's not pedophilia.
Yes it is you IDIOT. Even the RCC doesn't dispute that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 min Met Mad Hatter 40,102
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 5 min Princess Hey 15,367
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 12 min Hooplah 329,654
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 52 min GEORGIA 14,580
We VS We (Nov '09) 55 min 2 Dogs 2,212
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 60,022
News Occupy Wall Street rises up for Sanders 2 hr Rbb 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages