Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
268,801 - 268,820 of 305,390 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you look at this 22-week-old fetus and say it really matters if it's viable at 22 weeks or 24 weeks?
http://baby2see.com/development/week22.html
At 22 weeks' gestation:
~The fetus reacts to loud sounds.
~Baby starts having a regular sleeping and waking rhythm.
~The mother's movements can wake her baby.
~Taste buds are forming on your baby's tongue.
~~The eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed and the fingernails cover the fingertips.
~Sounds from a conversation are loud enough to be heard by the fetus in the uterus. If you talk, read or sing to your baby, it's reasonable to expect him or her to be able to hear you.
~Baby's pancreas (a super-duper organ that produces hormones and aids in digestion) is now making its own hormones for your baby's body and brain.
~Baby is actively feeling out its surroundings of skin, body parts and the umbilical cord being sensory experiences.
Stop putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about whether or not it "matters".

I corrected your mistake, that's all. By the way, I've seen many ultrasounds, and likely know more about fetal development than you do.

Is there some reason you can't stick to what is actually being discussed?

Oh, that's right, you can't refute me. Got it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't dropped. The district attorney wouldn't try Tiller in her jurisdiction. She supported him and late-term abortions, so the judge had no choice but to "dismiss" the case based on this development.
Yes, they were DROPPED.

http://www.monnat.com/2006/12/22/klines-charg...
It does not mean he was innocent.
Actually, it does. In OUR country, a person is innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Ironically, his killer admitted the only reason he killed him was because he wasn't tried.
Bullshit. Roeder said NOTHING of the kind.

Do you NEVER stop lying?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, he wasn't charged with illegal abortions as Bitner thinks. He was doing the same job as Tiller.
So he wasn't formally charged with it. I was wrong about that. Doesn't mean the abortions he was doing were being done within the law. The Prosecution makes it clear that they were not. So no, he was NOT "doing the same job as Tiller". YOU are wrong about THAT.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the Church is full of homosexuals which is comical?
That gay priests are doing what comes naturally with young men and boys? Is there some thing wrong with being gay?
But they've not admitted they are gay, silly inkstain.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So he wasn't formally charged with it. I was wrong about that. Doesn't mean the abortions he was doing were being done within the law. The Prosecution makes it clear that they were not. So no, he was NOT "doing the same job as Tiller". YOU are wrong about THAT.
If he was doing illegal LTAs, why wasn't he cahrged?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who dismissed someone else's belief in God as being imaginary and irrelevant.
Millions of people worldwide believe in some kind of Deity. According to gallup, 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God.
LOL including Foo.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, now you're deflecting. No surprise.
You don't have to answer the question if you are afraid.

That's fine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post something from an orhtodox Jewish site that condones a woman aborting her baby
I've done that many times Inkstain. But here it is again. I'm sure you'll cherry pick or ignore it at your leasure as you have the 2 dozen OTHER time's I've posted it. MANY sites that show when, by Jewish law, abortion is required.

http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48954946.html

This is an intersting article showing both sides of the debate WITHIN the Orthodoxy, but STILL agreeing that at times, its required.

http://www.jewishideas.org/articles/abortion-...

Resolution on Reproductive Freedom

http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/resolution-...

Lets save time here shall we Inkstain? Here's a whole site for you to ignore.

http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/search/node...
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are clearly not prochoice. You are.proabortion prior to viability and antichoice after viability.
What a confused little walking contradiction you are.
You're the living, walking contradiction, sASS. You're the fake pro-lifer who would rather her daughter die instead of her daughter having an abortion.

Back to the really important stuff. In late October/early November, you said you were driving through "towns under water" on Long Island after Sandy. Where is this James Bond, submarine car you were refering too? Inquiring minds want to know.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Catholic, pagan! Learn to laugh. It is part of the culture of life.
No worries...I laugh at you all the time. And I'm an atheist not a pagan, as I've told many times, ya fundie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit, he WAS charged with it. He had over 28 charges against him, and illegal abortions is among those charges.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I read that he was under indictment at the time of his death.hey would have gotten him eventually as they did his partner.
You read wrong as usual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We know for a fact that LTAs produced babies born alive. What do you suppose Tiller did with them?
You do NOT know for a fact that ANY of Tiller's abortions were born alive. You are lying as usual.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who dismissed someone else's belief in God as being imaginary and irrelevant.
Millions of people worldwide believe in some kind of Deity. According to gallup, 9 out of 10 Americans believe in God.
When questioned, they lied. Many people are AFRAID to admit they don't believe in god.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither did I.
Goodie for them. YOUR comment was about PROOF. And I factually maintain that YOU can't prove it any more than anyone can DISPROVE it.

G-d DAMN you're stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
**sighs** He WAS charged you MORON.

"Kermit Gosnell, 70, is charged with eight counts of murder -- one for Mrs. Mongar and one each for Baby Boy A, Baby Girl A, Baby Boy B, Baby C, Baby D, Baby E, Baby F and Baby G. He is also charged with multiple counts of infanticide, drug delivery resulting in death, conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit murder, abuse of a corpse, racketeering, theft by deception, participating in corrupt organizations, Controlled Substances Act violations, obstruction, tampering with evidence, hindering prosecution, and abortion at 24 or more weeks."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo said he was. The Prosecution certainly mentioned his illegal abortions. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. That's not the point. YOU were wrong. THAT is the point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL including Foo.
Yes Inkstain, I DO believe in G-d, however I cannot prove He exists. That's why its called "faith".

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to join a union, and in many places you do, the dues go directly to the Democrat Party whether the employee paying those dues is a Democrat or not.
and business money that should go to dividends goes to the Republican party, only there's a lot more corporate money in politics than union money

so what's your point???
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
All taxpayers fund Planned Parenthood whether they believe in abortion or not.
and taxpayer money goes into faith bsed initiatives and religious organizations thanks to Bush

so again what's your point.

tax payer money also goes into running gitmo
the DEA
Israel
Iraq war
Halliburton

none of which I agree with

so again what is exactly your point again
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
If your dues went to the Republican Party or your taxes funded religious organizations, navitity scenes, bibles , you'd be singing a different song.
We all want the same things when it comes fairness, civil rights and protecting the environment. Too many conservatives think they own the market on all of these things and the opposition is pure evil.
Even though you don't think that, I'm sure.
If your dues went to the Democratic Party or your taxes funded anti-abortion organizations, you'd be singing a different song.
We all want the same things when it comes fairness, civil rights and protecting the environment. Too many liberals think they own the market on all of these things and the opposition is pure evil.
Even though you don't think that, I'm sure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So he wasn't formally charged with it. I was wrong about that..
No you weren't. He most certainly WAS charged with it.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Maude 14,715
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) 2 hr Joanna 12
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr Jack 8,970
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,239
"The national conversation about race" 3 hr Decent exposier 4
Hillary Clinton does the ice bucket challenge 3 hr Just Saying 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Jack 35,095

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••