Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311329 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#286297 Feb 24, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to close down the catholic church, once and for all.
The priest can move to NYC and get a real job.
Just in case you didn't notice the catholic church is not a mom and pop church, where 9 people "including the preacher " shows up.

They have their own system they are sooo large. It wouldn't shock me, if a serial killer slipped past them, but we don't judge an entire system on the actions of a few.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#286298 Feb 24, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, great post. Doubt she gets it however. She'll change screen names etc and will post over 100,000 times before its all said and done in support of abortion. Her obsession on the topic relates to her having a sense of control and influence thats unchecked in this forum. In a way its empowering for her since she has very little to no influence in her real life.
All of these pro murder nut jobs are social dweebs and for the most part are over looked by normal people on a day to day basis in the real world.
Here's to town of Plainview,
The home of the oaf and the clod.
Where Sassy talks only to NR
And NR talks only to God.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#286299 Feb 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan will hold a butter 'n' bacon sandwich just out of reach of Bitner.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I nearly pee'd mah panties when i read this. You're hysterically funny.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#286300 Feb 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they were DROPPED.
http://www.monnat.com/2006/12/22/klines-charg...
<quoted text>
Actually, it does. In OUR country, a person is innocent until PROVEN guilty.
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Roeder said NOTHING of the kind.
Do you NEVER stop lying?
Happy Birthday?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#286301 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, we were talking about a four inch fetus. Fully formed meaning it looks like a baby and it does. There would be no mistaking it for anything else. I never said it was ready to be born. If it is being foolish to lok at a foyr inch fetus and see a human being, so be it. I doubt that you could see a human being at nine months in the womb.
No, "fully formed" does not mean just appearance.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286302 Feb 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just in case you didn't notice the catholic church is not a mom and pop church, where 9 people "including the preacher " shows up.
They have their own system they are sooo large. It wouldn't shock me, if a serial killer slipped past them, but we don't judge an entire system on the actions of a few.
We DO judge the entire church for the actions of their leadership, which pretends to hold the moral high ground, and yet was complicit in covering up for the immoral and criminal actions of their priests.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286303 Feb 24, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Here's to town of Plainview,
The home of the oaf and the clod.
Where Sassy talks only to NR
And NR talks only to God.
ROTFLMAO!!! That was great.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#286304 Feb 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says society "...puts NO value on the unborn LIFE..."? Names, cities, towns, states, etc. Who are these societies? Where do they live? What corporations do they run? What laws do they make or break on a regular basis?
Abortion is legal. That is proof positive that society puts NO value on the unborns life. Proaborts vote in these people who make our laws.

Watch the tv or read a newspaper and you will also see all the abuse,neglect and killings that go on proves that society puts NO value on human life whatsoever.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#286305 Feb 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the same scale, that you are spiritualy retarded?
I reread numbers 5 again, in a different version, but still no sign of your abortion :)
You will not convince STO otherwise. He is desperately trying to justify killing the unborn. He claims to know the bible but conveniently skips over the parts where God condemns killing,especially the innocent. He also conveniently forgets that God willed us to exist before he created us,so why would he allow us to play God and kill those lives?

He also never speaks up about anything else God has to say EXCEPT to try to mock him. If STO knows the word of God then it is his duty to let it be known. He's afraid too lose his friends on here.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286306 Feb 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, "fully formed" does not mean just appearance.
It does to me. It can mean what ever I want. It is formed like a human being at that stage of development.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286307 Feb 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
We DO judge the entire church for the actions of their leadership, which pretends to hold the moral high ground, and yet was complicit in covering up for the immoral and criminal actions of their priests.
You hold two billion people responsible for the bad decisions of a few?
Gtown71

United States

#286308 Feb 24, 2013
sickofit wrote:
I have an idea. How about everyone control there own body and personal life...YOU KNOW LIKE CONSTITUTION PROMISES US....
That sounds great to me!
i folks didn't want to force others to pay for some or all of their tools of the trade, it would be fine. What will be next? Will bosses be forced to buy wine coolers for their employees? Lol
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#286309 Feb 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
CLEARLY you're fine with him being murdered.
<quoted text>
You're right. WE dont. Unless its in YOUR womb. Then YOU dont get to choose what ZEFS have value and what dont.
<quoted text>
Yet the "tiller's killers" are ALWAYS those from YOUR ilk's camp. ACTUAL murderers, that your'e perfetly okay with. You're fine with "pure evil" being murdered.@@
He was NOT "pure evil" BTW, He was a man doing his job, helping women - MANY of whom would have died without his services.
Thankfully, others have stepped up to take his place.
You're a waste of skin Skankdawg. Idiots like you wouldn't be missed. Tiller most definetly is.
""You're right. WE dont. Unless its in YOUR womb. Then YOU dont get to choose what ZEFS have value and what dont""""

Says the one that wants and supports restrictions. SUDDENLY a "viable fetus" deserves some kind of respect. SUDDENLY they have value.

You're so confused. Say what you mean,mean what you say.

kthanks.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286310 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It does to me. It can mean what ever I want. It is formed like a human being at that stage of development.
Who cares what you want it to mean? The discussion was not about looks.

You're flocking stupid.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#286311 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You hold two billion people responsible for the bad decisions of a few?
If you can't pay better attention to what is actually being said, don't bother to reply to my posts. You're incapable of understanding anything, obviously.
worships reality

AOL

#286312 Feb 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not. So why did you forget to include my use of the words, "Their ideals,"? If you weren't trying to change what I said, okay.
nice try sweetheart but it was "you" that changed what you said.
this is what you said originally and this is what i was comparing what you are saying "now" to -

"it's that they'll go to any lengths to legislate their personally held beliefs that is disconcerting, imo"

personally held beliefs are not emotions or ideals. be consistent in what you say. and do not accuse others of what you practice. that is dishonest. don't use deception to try and make your point.
Is that what you think? Bills written as a result of someone's personal belief or the majority of personal beliefs? As in Mob Rule??
mob rule? do you consider the concept of democracy playing itself out to be mob rule? do you consider elected officials representing their constituents in the legislature to be mob rule? do you consider the process by which we elect those who govern to be mob rule? do you consider the process of the House and Senate voting bills into law to be mob rule?
you sound like a fool.
Because the way I was taught was different. It wasn't about personally held beliefs, but in solving the problem using already existing laws.
we were talking about legislating sweetheart --creating laws. if there were existing laws to solve our problems then we wouldn't need new laws would we? sounds like you should sue those who taught you.
Oh, there's that phrase I used earlier. The one you tried to argue against.
Well argue against this and see how far you get.
"Once a problem is identified, possible solutions for the problem must be identified and discussed. In the American political process, there are generally more than enough proposed solutions to the problems the nation faces. The difficulty lies in sorting through the proposed solution to find the one that will work best. When a member of Congress proposes a bill, he or she is essentially claiming to have found the best (or at least most practical) solution to the public policy problem in question."
"Writing legislation requires precision, attention to detail, an intimate understanding of existing laws and a clear understanding of the proposed policy solution."
"once a problem is identified"? it is someone or some peoples "personal belief" that we have a problem is it not?
and is it not someone's "personal belief" that the solution they have found is the most practical solution to the problem?

no sir sweetheart, there is no getting around the fact that all laws in some manner shape or form, stem from personally held beliefs.

argue against that.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#286313 Feb 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you want it to mean? The discussion was not about looks.
You're flocking stupid.
I do. It is formed like a little baby because it is.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#286314 Feb 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. No contradiction and I'm not confused at all. I'm for limits - just as I am for limits in MOST area's of legislation. I wouldn't be for prosecution requiring jail time if the woman does it anyway. At the END of the day, its HER CHOICE. Your opinion AND mine doesn't mean shit, as her abortion will not affect you in ANY way at ANY point in her pregnancy.
Not one woman has EVER been jailed for having an abortion. And that's the way it SHOULD be.
You're incapable of understanding that.
Here is what you said in your other post to me...
""""You're right. WE dont. Unless its in YOUR womb. Then YOU dont get to choose what ZEFS have value and what dont"""" "

Now you're here saying...
""""Nope. No contradiction and I'm not confused at all. I'm for limits """"" "

Gee,why limits? Is that 'ZEF' suddenly valuable now after viability,enough so that you support LIMITING a womans choice to do with her womb? her "medical decision"?

You make no sense whatsoever.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#286315 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I read one of your links quite thoroughly and didn't see where abortion on demand is condoned,
Nobody ever claimed that "abortion on demand" is condoned Inkstain - you jackass.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#286316 Feb 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I was wrong . I looked it up and illegal abortion is in the list of minor charges..
There is NO list of "minor charges".

You've gone from being deliberately stupid, to being a straight up idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giant albino alligators in sewer ? 46 min from death comes ... 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 60,043
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Forrest 15,403
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Forrest 14,616
News Pride parade steps off in New York in Orlando's... 3 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 9
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 4 hr strange 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 hr Paul Yanks 329,672
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages