Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313678 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ocean56

AOL

#285461 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
1. How about the woman assuming preventing the creation of another life?
2. Or taking the morning after pill if there is any doubt?
3. Or men assuming more responsibilty themselves?
1. Most women who don't want pregnancy or children DO take some form of birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The problem is that NO BC method is 100% against unwanted pregnancy, so BC failures can and do happen occasionally.

2. The morning after pill is only effective within a 72-hour period after having sex. If for any reason it isn't taken within that time limit, it can be too late.

3. You should talk to the men about that. Many of them BAIL because they don't want to pay child support for 18 years.

In any case, it is still EACH WOMAN's decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. It really IS that simple.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285462 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And I didn't say you stated it outright. Your implication all this time has been clear, that these things you are trying to pretend you experienced personally came as a direct result of RvW.
Do you believe in reaping what you've sown? Karma? What goes around, comes around?

Once you stop respecting human life in any phase of development, it could be just a matter of time when your life will seem irrelevant.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285463 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are items, not services.
You're not the brightest crayon in the box, are you?
Prevention is a service. How it is provided in their interpretation of percentages depends on if they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes or not.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#285464 Feb 21, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 3000 + lives stopped a day.
Gtown, while I'm out, do me a favor and add up those numbers. Then tell me where all these people would live had they grown into adults. Tell me the stats of who would be criminals and who would be responsible tax payers and who would be somewhere in the middle. Then tell me how many would actually live to adulthood.

Thanks in advance!
Ocean56

AOL

#285465 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
That's like saying don't go to church if a religious organization is receiving your tax dollars.
I have serious issues with religions and churches, so I DON'T go to church. Whether a church receives my tax dollars is irrelevant to me.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285466 Feb 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Most women who don't want pregnancy or children DO take some form of birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy. The problem is that NO BC method is 100% against unwanted pregnancy, so BC failures can and do happen occasionally.
2. The morning after pill is only effective within a 72-hour period after having sex. If for any reason it isn't taken within that time limit, it can be too late.
3. You should talk to the men about that. Many of them BAIL because they don't want to pay child support for 18 years.
In any case, it is still EACH WOMAN's decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision. It really IS that simple.
Prevention is much too easily assessible.

It's much easier to prevent pregnancy than dealing with the aftermath of never having wanted to be pregnant.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285467 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not something you should brag about.
But how do you feel about the 5 New Jersey judges who unanimously ruled that it's perfectly legal if a woman ingests narcotics or street drugs even 48 hours before delivering a full-term baby?
Are we numb at this point that life exists in the womb 48 hours before delivering it?
It's been said that the measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members.
The unborn are the most vulnerable.
I shouldn't brag about protesting your lies? Why not? Not that I did, but seriously, why not?

Again, what is your source for this story, because I don't believe you. Prove they said that "street drugs" are "perfectly legal" for pregnant women when they're illegal for everyone else. I can't wait to see this.

The unborn are unaware they exist. They are not yet "members".
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285468 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Wow, Witless, that was lame. Sorry, but I was raised Catholic. You're barking up the wrong tree.
I would still bet that you don't know what they mean especially the first one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285469 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do you believe in reaping what you've sown?"

Yes.

"Karma?"

Yes.

"What goes around, comes around?"

Yes, and the Golden Rule. All of those things means that if I want to be able to make my own medical decisions, I must support the rights of others to do so.

"Once you stop respecting human life in any phase of development, it could be just a matter of time when your life will seem irrelevant."

I've never stopped respecting human life. I hold all life to be sacred, not just human life. Holding all life to be sacred does not preclude taking life, or we'd not be able to defend ourselves, our loved ones, take antibiotics, or even eat.

You don't "respect life". You revere the fetus to the exclusion of all other life. There is a difference.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285470 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown, while I'm out, do me a favor and add up those numbers. Then tell me where all these people would live had they grown into adults. Tell me the stats of who would be criminals and who would be responsible tax payers and who would be somewhere in the middle. Then tell me how many would actually live to adulthood.
Thanks in advance!
I knew you would see it as a positive.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#285471 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How many 'services' do you think a pregnant woman wanting an abortion has over time, including the abortion? If she has a pregnancy test, an STD test, counseling, Previous contraceptives, a pap smear or any other service, her abortion could be just a small percentage of services that just she received.
Yes and all those services you mentioned are not an abortion. Are you and that wacko sapphire suggesting that PP call pregnancy tests, abortions? 3% is an accurate number, but you crazies are abortion happy, thinking 3% makes them"abortion mills".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285472 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Prevention is a service. How it is provided in their interpretation of percentages depends on if they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes or not.
So, you're a nurse that doesn't understand the what is meant by medical services. Got it.

The spin is all yours. Sorry, but that's a fact.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#285473 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the con game of manipulating numbers they play.
How does anyone know if 1000 condoms and 1000 birth control prescriptions aren't included in the larger percentage of services?
Spare us your absurd speculations and lies.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285474 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I would still bet that you don't know what they mean especially the first one.
And, you'd lose that bet.
Politically Incorrect

Darby, PA

#285475 Feb 21, 2013
Abortion is filthy, disgusting, vile, murderous and damndable. Abortion should be murder and carry a 18yr min sentence. If your stupid enough to believe a group of scientists ''personal point of view'' that a fetus is not a life...you are an idiot, in complete denial, and hear what you want to hear just to quell your guilt and even that still does not work. You feel guilty whether you admit it or not, but scum like pro choice would never admit truth when they themselves cannot even face it. Call it like I see it...next caller!
Gtown71

United States

#285476 Feb 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes birth control can fail, but we don't have a problem with birth control failure, we have a problem with folks wanting to condone bad behavior, becouse we know that 3000 + abortions a day, are NOT due to bc failure, nor rape or incest. They are due to people living risky lifestyles, and want everyone to not only be ok with it, but help fund the ridding of their consiquences.
Tax payers pay for birth control, plus many other services, including a ride to and from doctors office, for those who need it, plus abortions regaurdless of how many times they say no.

Do you really think pro lifer's can trust people who make their living off of killing the unborn, to be honest with our money?
Why don't we just start paying for the motel rooms and party goods they use?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#285477 Feb 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. False.

Contraceptive Use

54% of women having abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use. There is no contraceptive method that can prevent pregnancy 100% of the time.

46% percent of women who have abortion had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.

8% of women who have abortion have never used a method of birth control; non-use is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.

About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.

http://www.womenscenter.com/abortion_stats.ht...

2. Why aren't more woman using the MAP?

3. Unless it is a case of rape the woman is just as responsible for the pregnancy as the man.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#285478 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in reaping what you've sown? Karma? What goes around, comes around?
Once you stop respecting human life in any phase of development, it could be just a matter of time when your life will seem irrelevant.
So you only care about human life? Or do you value human life more thanany other? Why discriminate; your own selfish interests sway your decision making. Nice double standard, pretending to care about "life". Have you eaten any meat recently? Killed a bug? Taken medication to combat a virus?

Why don't you just say you're pro-what-I-believe-is-best-for -my-life?

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#285479 Feb 21, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is he showing off, but he doesn't know what he is talking about. He just made that up.
Prove it.
Gtown71

United States

#285480 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks in advance!
Who knows? They are not given the same chance you and I were.
We could speculate all day long, but we will never know. Plus, if these people think God is all for it, then they should trust Him and remain pregnant. If they miscarry then they do, if not then not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 16 min Paul Yanks 43,541
yates may tell all even at risk of jail in ligh... 24 min releaseyourtaxes 1
Ap konsi actress ka doodh pena chahte ho (Oct '14) 33 min Salina Prakash ka... 7
Is Rachel Maddow smug or priggish? 49 min Waikiki homeless ... 14
manifort may have transferred mortgages to trum... 1 hr releaseyourtaxes 1
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 1 hr SirLiesAlot 2,970
News The Complexities of Being Both Latino and Muslim Dec '16 Nonlib 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages