Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310368 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285425 Feb 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's all about the WOMAN, no matter how many times anti-choicers claim otherwise. Since the woman assumes all the health risks and other difficulties of pregnancy, it is HER decision whether or not to continue it.
Your not liking a woman's decision NOT to continue a pregnancy is irrelevant, especially to any woman who DOESN'T want pregnancy or children. Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required. I suggest you deal with it.
How about the woman assuming preventing the creation of another life?

Or taking the morning after pill if there is any doubt?

Or men assuming more responsibilty themselves?
worships reality

New York, NY

#285426 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, your deflection from the question is duly noted.
Is there some reason you can't answer it?
probably the same reason you could never answer the question about what your personal stand on abortion is.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285427 Feb 21, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No way could a school voucher pay for private school.
A bunch of catholic schools in Phila. closed. No one wants to send their kids to public schools in Phila. Too bad for the kids. I guess their legal bills are astronomical and rather than doing the right thing with taking a financial hit they make the students suffer. It's the catholic way.
I believe that's the point behind vouchers. Parents having a choice where to send their own children for an education.

People who currently pay for private schooling are still taxed for public schools; therefore, they fund both public and private schools simultaneously. Vouchers and tax credits are intended to allow students and families to choose the school that best fits their needs.

Countries in Europe including Ireland, Sweden and the Netherlands already implement the voucher system.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285428 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial must be bliss. So is ignorance I hear.
What do you suppose an aborted baby looks like?
Good question.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285429 Feb 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing. Now, I know what an aborted embryo or fetus looks like, and most of those pics are not that. Not even most of the ones that WEREN'T dolls, canine fetuses, cartoons, smiling infants, test tubes, the toddler raising his fist, or drawings of Jesus crossing himself.
How did you become an expert on what an aborted fetus looks like?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285430 Feb 21, 2013
LiT rabbit foo foo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're - as usual - dead wrong.
I can tell you that the P's in Baltimore that don't do abortions, refer to Johns Hopkins health clinic, or the Harbor Hospital clinic, as well as Sinai, Maryland General and Union Memorial. Further, in DC, Delaware and central VA, they're referred to HOSPITALS - NOT other PP's.
Why? Are their own PP clinics inadequate and can't be recommended?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285431 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to be exposed to open jars and open containers over a significant period of time to have the smell linger that long.
I neither lifted the lid nor was close enough to it to identify any odor. Only cracked the door for a few seconds.
Is a dead baby, a tiny baby boy with fingernails, placed in a cold metal bowl bothersome to you?
How could you see anything, much less a dead baby boy with tiny fingernails, from a cracked door? What's bothersome to me are short-sighted people who will do and say anything to achieve a goal without ever thinking of the ramifications of that goal.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285432 Feb 21, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the woman assuming preventing the creation of another life?
Or taking the morning after pill if there is any doubt?
Or men assuming more responsibilty themselves?
Or certain entities claiming contraception is not natural and therefore unnecessary stop with the bull?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285433 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron Inkstain. Seriously stupid. DELIBERATELY so. PP is a HEALTH clinic. Only 3% of their services are abortion related. Get over it and stop lying about it.
How many 'services' do you think a pregnant woman wanting an abortion has over time, including the abortion? If she has a pregnancy test, an STD test, counseling, Previous contraceptives, a pap smear or any other service, her abortion could be just a small percentage of services that just she received.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285434 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you see anything, much less a dead baby boy with tiny fingernails, from a cracked door? What's bothersome to me are short-sighted people who will do and say anything to achieve a goal without ever thinking of the ramifications of that goal.
We have seen the ramifications of your goals.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#285435 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Really now? What ramifications have there been with wanting women to retain their civil rights of privacy and autonomy? Please, outline.
worships reality

United States

#285436 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's that they'll go to any lengths to legislate their personally held beliefs that is disconcerting, imo. That link of the photo shopped hodge-podge pics of dead embryos/fetuses, infants, pregnant women, Planned Parenthood, ultrasound pics, and etc.? Well it shows such a willingness for open manipulation (from either angle; being or doing). That these people are unable to separate these images, keep 'em in context, is disheartening. They might as well stick their spoons out and ask for more.
all legislation is someone's personally held belief.
do all laws disconcert you?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285437 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Really now? What ramifications have there been with wanting women to retain their civil rights of privacy and autonomy? Please, outline.
Nah, you wouldn't ever agree. So I'll not waste my time. You can do some reading on the subject if you are really interested.
worships reality

United States

#285438 Feb 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
good point. and the ramifications are neither pretty nor are they a positive reflection on us as a supposedly civilized society.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#285439 Feb 21, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
good point. and the ramifications are neither pretty nor are they a positive reflection on us as a supposedly civilized society.
True but they would see our downfall as positive. They can't get their heads out of their uteruses and see what is really happening to society.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285440 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Really hate to say it, but no wonder half of the population is so confused if you are their representative.

Do you read my posts or just see my name and start arguing after reading the first sentence?

Maybe you should go back and review some of the details.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285441 Feb 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> You worked in an abortion clinic but you don't know? Sorry, but if you were a nurse you would have known. There's no good reason for the fetuses being preserved in little containers of formaldehyde before disposal.
Why are you confused? No abortion clinic was ever mentioned.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285442 Feb 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> There was NEVER a time when saline solutions were ONLY used in abortions.
<quoted text>
You are LYING. No hospital ANYWHERE put aborted fetus's in formaldehyde, unless they were preserving them for a long time for some reason.
Why do your kind LIE ALL THE DAMN TIME? And about STUPID shit?
That was the only method used in the hospital where I worked.

They may have dismembered them and sucked them out with a vacuum in other places perhaps. Now it's common practice.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285443 Feb 21, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a simple solution for anyone who has serious issues with Planned Parenthood; DON'T use its services.
When I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, Planned Parenthood was there to help me make sure I didn't. Sanger's good intentions definitely worked for me, and they have worked for many OTHER women as well.
That's like saying don't go to church if a religious organization is receiving your tax dollars.

Gtown71

United States

#285444 Feb 21, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 3000 + lives stopped a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min jimi-yank 319,404
Time to go? 24 min Citizen 2,579
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 28 min Bruser 8,005
News 1 man dead, 5 people wounded in shootings acros... 35 min Progressive Commi... 3
Poll Who weighs more? 36 min jimi-yank 71
Volunteer Teaching Opportunity in New York (NYC... 1 hr CSNYNJ 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 10,547
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages