Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309857 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285317 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
New? You're lying. Hospitals had been disposing the results of spontaneous abortions all along. The same procedure would most certainly have been used for the results of an induced abortion. You're just making crap up.
Spontaneous abortions usually occur before the sixth week and sharply decreases after the 10th week. Most women aren't even aware they pass the product of conception when bleeding first occurs.

Stillborn babies are sometimes buried by the parents as a form of closure or disposed of by the hospitals depending on the age of gestation.

The massive number of aborted babies and the disposing of them presented a different problem.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285318 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you were going to Hell sto.
This would be where you would call me a liar,but you know what you are, and when you do wrong. You're the very first one to know.
I said you don't mind holding your "friends " hands as they go off into Hell, but if you have been born again and know that Jesus christ saved your soul, then you will be going to Heaven, it just seems if you know you're going to Heaven, then you would want your "friends " to go as well, or atleast warn them of what's to come?!?!?!
First off, if I were holding their hands as they go off into Hell, then I'd be more guilty than them, and be going in fist. Gimme me another nickel.

And again, what is it you think they don't know about Christianity? What am I supposed to be warning them about that they haven't heard already?

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285319 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So all this time you've been insisting it was formaldehyde, and now it "could have been plain tap water"?
Something IS very wrong. You. You apparently haven't got an honest bone in your body.
The baby was floating in a container of fluid. The nurse from Georgia insisted it couldn't have been formaldehyde. I had always assumed that's what it was.

But it doesn't matter if you believe me or not. What really matters is the number of aborted babies that are being disposed of in some way or another over nearly four decades.

That's the bigger issue.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285320 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Those plastic baby dolls were murdered???? Ye Gods, someone call 911!!!
Do you realize that one of those pictures was a canine fetus?
Amazing, what one can do with Photoshop, isn't it?
No, abortion is not murder.
Denial must be bliss. So is ignorance I hear.

What do you suppose an aborted baby looks like?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#285321 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Spontaneous abortions usually occur before the sixth week and sharply decreases after the 10th week. Most women aren't even aware they pass the product of conception when bleeding first occurs.
Stillborn babies are sometimes buried by the parents as a form of closure or disposed of by the hospitals depending on the age of gestation.
The massive number of aborted babies and the disposing of them presented a different problem.
Google is your friend, I see.

The frequency of spontaneous abortions, and the gestational age they occurred at is irrelevant. Hospitals were still dealing with them, and had been since there have BEEN hospitals. Induced abortion didn't present a "different problem", nor did they require a "new" method of disposal.

You're lying. And you're not fooling anyone here, either.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#285322 Feb 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
STO, I am so fed up with the PLM and its followers right now .... am fuming! How can they have such an influence when they're doing nothing more than lying and manipulating like Scrappy Doo in the non-animated version of Scooby Doo?
My buddy calls them Walmart Republicans. Too fckin stupid to realize they vote against their own interests.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285323 Feb 20, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, if I were holding their hands as they go off into Hell, then I'd be more guilty than them, and be going in fist. Gimme me another nickel.
And again, what is it you think they don't know about Christianity? What am I supposed to be warning them about that they haven't heard already?
Ah, he doesn't really mean "warning". What he really expects you to do is constantly nag at us to believe as you do. Or rather, as he does.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285324 Feb 20, 2013
Five New Jersey judges have recently ruled that women who take narcotics and street drugs even 48 hours before delivering a full-term baby is perfectly legal.

Are we becoming numb to disrespecting life?
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#285325 Feb 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Google is your friend, I see.
The frequency of spontaneous abortions, and the gestational age they occurred at is irrelevant. Hospitals were still dealing with them, and had been since there have BEEN hospitals. Induced abortion didn't present a "different problem", nor did they require a "new" method of disposal.
You're lying. And you're not fooling anyone here, either.
What matters is your depth of denial.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285326 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial must be bliss. So is ignorance I hear.
What do you suppose an aborted baby looks like?
There is no such thing. Now, I know what an aborted embryo or fetus looks like, and most of those pics are not that. Not even most of the ones that WEREN'T dolls, canine fetuses, cartoons, smiling infants, test tubes, the toddler raising his fist, or drawings of Jesus crossing himself.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285327 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
The baby was floating in a container of fluid. The nurse from Georgia insisted it couldn't have been formaldehyde. I had always assumed that's what it was.
But it doesn't matter if you believe me or not. What really matters is the number of aborted babies that are being disposed of in some way or another over nearly four decades.
That's the bigger issue.
Nah, the real issue is you using lies and melodramatic rhetoric to bolster your weak argument. You're not fooling anyone.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285328 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
Five New Jersey judges have recently ruled that women who take narcotics and street drugs even 48 hours before delivering a full-term baby is perfectly legal.
Are we becoming numb to disrespecting life?
Yeah, I call bullshit on any judge declaring ingesting illegal drugs to be "perfectly legal" for ANYONE. Is this another of your "common sense perception" things, or do you have an actual source this time?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285329 Feb 20, 2013
Hey Gtown - did you see SNL last saturday night? Good skit about Jesus H. Christ. The H. is silent. I think you would like it. He looks really cool with a AK47.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#285330 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
What matters is your depth of denial.
Of course I deny the validity of your stories that are full of more holes than a doily. You're making crap up, and it's fooling no one here. You made the mistake of lying about a supposed real life experience to bolster your argument, and then couldn't keep up with your story, because it's not a real experience.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285331 Feb 20, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like you've either had a bad experience with a catholic church, or just going by the actions of a few.
Cops, teachers, priest, or preachers don't just "go bad ", they always were bad. All need Jesus for salvation. ALL means ALL
It is what it is.

Just stating the facts.

Priests need jesus for salvation? Go figure.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285332 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
This was back in the mid 1970s when saline solution was only used in abortions. After the saline killed the baby - took most of the day - the mother was induced and the dead baby was delivered vaginally. The baby in question was 14 weeks' gestation, a boy, had all four extremities, fingers, toes, fingernails and facial features.
I had to carry the dead baby in a cold metal bowl to the storage room on the floor. When I came back later, it was floating in a plastic container of formaldehyde. I asked someone what would become of it and was told it would be discarded with the rest of the hosptial garbage.
The second that baby was put in that cold metal bowl and I couldn't swallow to save my life, I switched from being pro-choice to pro-life.
Yikes! How did the saline solution kill the baby?

Why take the baby to the storage room?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285333 Feb 20, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
If the democrats would agree to school vouchers, parents could decide if they wanted to send their child to a Catholic school and it wouldn't cost a penny.
Same with all private schools.
I frown on the lavishness in some churches as well as the importance of a "pecking order" or a hierarchy. But there are many Catholics whose heart is in the right place and their outreach to the poor can't be criticized.
Didn't know about them closing their schools.
No way could a school voucher pay for private school.

A bunch of catholic schools in Phila. closed. No one wants to send their kids to public schools in Phila. Too bad for the kids. I guess their legal bills are astronomical and rather than doing the right thing with taking a financial hit they make the students suffer. It's the catholic way.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285334 Feb 20, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily isn't mixed up at all, you obsessed with Lynne fool.
Sure you are mixed up Lynne.

BTW, you aren't fooling anyone Lynne D. Just sayin.....
STO spoke of artificial wombs when he presented his ridiculous hypothetical about viability being at 8 weeks.
He said viability could become pracically limitless...and keeping in mind he suggested viability at 8 weeks and talking about artificial wombs, that would make viability a non-issue.
STO did NOT say it would make "viability a non-issue" you moron.

And again, you can call it ridiculous all you want dear, but that doesn't negate the FACT that its being tested as we speak, and will soon be a reality as we've proven.

And yet AGAIN for the stupid girl: AS has been spoken of half a dozen times now - THE DISCUSSION HAD MOVED ON WITHOUT YOU Lynne.

They were BOTH discussing the POSSIBILITIES of what WOULD or COULD happen when artifical wombs become a reality as another choice for women as Doc made very clear when he said:

"But something like an artificial womb would change everything...and not just the concept of viability. Abortion would likely not even be an issue anymore."

We get it Lynne, you're stuck on stupid, because you're incapable of moving on once you've been proven wrong.

LOLOL Keep it up tho, this is fun watching you reiterate your stupidity day after day like the demented harridan that you are.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#285335 Feb 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes. Yes, "their highnesses" do tell everyone what the constitution says--which is what the constitution itself says. You should read it someday.
You are precisely why the founders did NOT make this a direct democracy--because you're too lazy and venal to learn or allow others their enumerated constitutional rights.
<quoted text>
But you know what? The Constitution AND The Declaration of Independence were written by Thomas Jefferson in, GET THIS - Philadelphia on Market Street! Blows me away.

We have rights?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#285336 Feb 20, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, wrong, you ignorant buffoon.
Boiling it down to basics, a fetus IS NOT a newborn infant, and never will be.
Viability of a fetus is about a fetus, NOT a newborn infant.
Yes actually it is, and I'm clearly not wrong.

AGAIN for the ridiculous, dead horse beating bitch - boiling it down to the simplest basics -if a fetus isn't viable, there will BE NO VIABLE INFANT.
That's a fact.

Carry on with your previously scheduled rant.....

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 23 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 316,348
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 52 min DAVID27 1,668
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 55 min DAVID27 482
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 58 min DAVID27 1,863
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 1 hr DAVID27 6,059
We VS We (Nov '09) 1 hr DAVID27 1,939
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 53,482
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]