Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318405 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#283983 Feb 14, 2013
http://cobbpregnancy.org/abortion2.htm

Saline

Procedure

Usually performed at 16+ weeks when there is enough amniotic fluid, in the sac around the fetus. A long needle is inserted through the mother's abdomen (usually through her navel) directly into the amniotic sac. Some of the amniotic fluid is drawn out and replaced with a strong salt solution.

The saline is absorbed through the lungs and digestive tract of the fetus, and the outer layer of skin is burned off by the high concentration of salt.

...Saline being absorbed through the lungs can be interpreted as drowning. Can it not?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#283984 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do know where I'm going. However, it has nothing to do with arrogance and everything to do with faith.
Do you know for sure where you're going?
Look up Dr. Eben Alexander, a neurosurgeon. He was a scientific naysayer about near death experiences until his own.
Very fascinating story.
Pfffft, ok there.

Of course I don't know "where I'm going" after I die. I wouldn't dare make such a ridiculous and arrogant claim.

According to mr. Alexander his personal experience is proof (LOL). He also said "death is an illusion" and " That perfect splendor awaits beyond the grave complete with angels, dead relatives, clouds and butterflies and BEAUTIFUL GIRLS IN PEASANT DRESSES"

I can't believe you're a sucker for such rubbish.
worships reality

United States

#283985 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
From a medical website:
The amniotic fluid constantly moves (circulates) as the baby swallows and "inhales" the fluid, and then releases it.
The amniotic fluid helps:
•The developing baby to move in the womb, which allows for proper bone growth
•The lungs to develop properly
•Keep a relatively constant temperature around the baby, protecting from heat loss
•Protect the baby from outside injury by cushioning sudden blows or movements
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
The question is why are you so adament about scoffing at this?
she's a nut job. pay her no mind. claims to be a nurse. it's a running gag on here.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#283986 Feb 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical..... you just brush off the points I brought up and the reference to god creating 2 lights in genesis. I guess you can't be bothered to have a rational debate.
You are right, we don't know, what we don't know, so to have a rational debate on the existence of a higher being is impossible. At some point, you reach the "I Believe because of my Faith in God" versus, "You cannot prove he exists, therefore he doesn't" I will tell you, and I admit I believe in God, that without the belief there is something beyond this life, this entire journey would be a bit hopeless and extremely depressing! IMHO.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#283987 Feb 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfffft, ok there.
Of course I don't know "where I'm going" after I die. I wouldn't dare make such a ridiculous and arrogant claim.
According to mr. Alexander his personal experience is proof (LOL). He also said "death is an illusion" and " That perfect splendor awaits beyond the grave complete with angels, dead relatives, clouds and butterflies and BEAUTIFUL GIRLS IN PEASANT DRESSES"
I can't believe you're a sucker for such rubbish.
The Harvard neurosurgeon has been on television recounting his experience as well as other videos and transcripts and I don't recall this version.

He said:

"Toward the beginning of my adventure, I was in a place of clouds. Big, puffy, pink-white ones that showed up sharply against the deep blue-black sky. Higher than the clouds—immeasurably higher—flocks of transparent, shimmering beings arced across the sky, leaving long, streamerlike lines behind them.

"Birds? Angels? These words registered later, when I was writing down my recollections. But neither of these words do justice to the beings themselves, which were quite simply different from anything I have known on this planet. They were more advanced. Higher forms.

"A sound, huge and booming like a glorious chant, came down from above, and I wondered if the winged beings were producing it. Again, thinking about it later, it occurred to me that the joy of these creatures, as they soared along, was such that they had to make this noise—that if the joy didn’t come out of them this way then they would simply not otherwise be able to contain it. The sound was palpable and almost material, like a rain that you can feel on your skin but doesn’t get you wet."

However, he said he traveled through this heaven surrounded by "millions of butterflies" with a woman who told him messages like “You are loved and cherished dearly" and “You have nothing to fear".

He concluded that God and science are more one and the same than in opposition to each other.
SapphireBlue

Orlando, FL

#283988 Feb 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical..... you just brush off the points I brought up and the reference to god creating 2 lights in genesis. I guess you can't be bothered to have a rational debate.
Didn't mean to.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#283989 Feb 14, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I will tell you, and I admit I believe in God, that without the belief there is something beyond this life, this entire journey would be a bit hopeless and extremely depressing! IMHO.
What an awful way to live, needing to grasp at straws to be able to live life on lifes terms. Like you said, we don't know (although wackos like gtown an saphirre say they know) what will happen after we die.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#283990 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I don't know. I had just come on my shift when it was clear something very unusual was going on.
Nurses were running in and out of this room and there was a sense of chaos - the only way I know how to describe it - in the air.
When I walked into the room to see what all the commotion was about, I saw a nurse sitting in a chair holding the baby in a blanket with a bottle in its mouth.
However, I did learn in doing some research that saline abortions did have more incidences of botched abortions.
Everyone knew the baby would not survive. It was just not knowing what to do before then. Feeding a baby born alive in the fourth month of pregnancy isn't that farfetched - not knowing what else to do.
So, you weren't present at the abortion, when you said, previously that you witnessed it. I see. And.... First you wrote that you don't know at what stage of development the fetus was, then you wrote, that it was four months old. Uh huh. Okay. Oh, and you claim that you medical school professionals just stuck a bottle into the fetuses mouth (why would you have nursing equipment in an abortion clinic?) because you didn't know what else to do. Really? Come on... even in the seventies, there were protocols attached to treating neo-nates. The more you try to explain, the more ridiculous your story is. Either your facility was a dangerously ineptly run place with a dangerously inept staff or you are making it all up.

Location hidden

#283991 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm telling you what I saw and witnessed.
Don't believe it if you don't want to.
A vacuum that can suck out a fetus seems industrial strength to me.
lol. Yeah, okay. I believe that you were a nurse, at one time. I don't believe your abortion story because it's unbelievable.

Location hidden

#283992 Feb 14, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
This is disgusting. How do you live with your conscience.
+ May you burn every time to touch a baby. Amen.
lol. I held my friend's baby all evening, two days ago. No burning... sorry. Btw, mommy of the baby is pro-life. We are extremely close friends. Again, my dear... so sorry. Some people know how to be friends.

Location hidden

#283993 Feb 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
:) I hope you to have a happy valentines day, and perhaps enjoy sum dove truffles?
You, too, G. I received Godiva chocolates, early, since I'm working, tonight. I haven't decided whether to share them with my fellow staff, lol. You and your two sweethearts have a wonderful Valentines Day!

Location hidden

#283994 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
From a medical website:
The amniotic fluid constantly moves (circulates) as the baby swallows and "inhales" the fluid, and then releases it.
The amniotic fluid helps:
•The developing baby to move in the womb, which allows for proper bone growth
•The lungs to develop properly
•Keep a relatively constant temperature around the baby, protecting from heat loss
•Protect the baby from outside injury by cushioning sudden blows or movements
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/artic...
The question is why are you so adament about scoffing at this?
I wasn't scoffing at that, silly.

Location hidden

#283995 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
http://cobbpregnancy.org/abort ion2.htm
Saline
Procedure
Usually performed at 16+ weeks when there is enough amniotic fluid, in the sac around the fetus. A long needle is inserted through the mother's abdomen (usually through her navel) directly into the amniotic sac. Some of the amniotic fluid is drawn out and replaced with a strong salt solution.
The saline is absorbed through the lungs and digestive tract of the fetus, and the outer layer of skin is burned off by the high concentration of salt.
...Saline being absorbed through the lungs can be interpreted as drowning. Can it not?
No, it cannot.

Location hidden

#283996 Feb 14, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
she's a nut job. pay her no mind. claims to be a nurse. it's a running gag on here.
Who are you? Another poster who hides behind different screen names? Pffft, step off, schmo.
Anonymous

United States

#283997 Feb 14, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh right, I forgot the bible was written in English!!
And what about genesis??? "two great lights"???
In mathew It days the moon shall not give her light. There are other statements to that effect in the bible, but you'd probably not be open to any idea that doesn't fit into your point if view anyway.
It also says the stars will fall from the sky.
Every verse has a point to make, if you doubt some, you should just doubt all. I hear preachers who say, this is an unfortunate translation, and then they begin "with all of their wisdom " to tell us, what God really meant to say.

There are books writtten only to christians, and books that are mans view of the world, just like the moon. What do you say when the moon is bright?
Answer : you say wow, the moon sure is bright tonight.
You never here : wow -the sun sure is bright, making the moon reflect alot of light.

Plus, do stars not fall?
There have been a few songs about falling stars :)

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#283998 Feb 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Big L, you call this "non-existant"?!
"Human AF [Amniotic Fluid] also contains factors that alter metabolism of opiates. Placental opioid enhancing factor has been found in placentae and AF of rats, and in placentae of humans and
dolphins.51"
http://www.skyeorthobiologics.com/pdfs/liquid...
Who's the "ignorant buffoon" now? Done with your temper tantrum, name-caller? I told you to look under FETAL BRAIN DEVELOPMENT. But did you listen? No, of course not. You went the route your PL buddies are accusing us of -- name calling vitriol.
Learn how to debate like an adult. Until then, do not expect discussion with me.
You're pretty cocky for someone so ignorant and who can't read for comprehension.

Katie: "Big L, you call this "non-existant"?! "

No, dummy, I called your lack of providing proof up to THIS point, non-existant, because it was.
The ones not being adult in discussion and having temper tantrums are the fools like you who play games rather than just prove their claims.

It's not like your track record of proving your claims is good. Your credibility can't afford for you not to prove what you claim.

The main reason I wanted you to prove your claim, is because you're usually wrong, and it requires you providing what you read that you interpretted the way you did.
You finally provided it, so we can take a look at it.

"Human AF also contains factors that alter metabolism of
opiates. Placental opioid enhancing factor has been found in
placentae and AF of rats, and in placentae of humans and
dolphins.51 In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances
opioid-mediated analgesia. This effect has not been studied in
humans."

Do you know the difference between placentae and amniotic fluid? That would be a good place for you to start, in order for you to get what this is actually saying. Placenta opioid is found in placentas and aminotic fluid of rats, but only in placentas of humans and dolphins. NOT in the human amniotic fluid.

Human amniotic fluid contains factors that ALTER metabolism of opiates. It then speaks of [maternal ingestion] of amniotic fluid, not fetal ingestion of it; "In cows and rats, maternal ingestion of AF enhances opioid-mediated analgesia." Then it goes on to say, this effect has NOT been studied in HUMANS.

You failed to prove your claim that amniotic fluid in humans has an anesthetic.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#283999 Feb 14, 2013
Elise likes to run her mouth.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#284000 Feb 14, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>Can you post some links or some level of proof. And what is a Catholic Country? To my knowledge, albit limited, the Pope of Rome only physically governs the Vatican in Rome.
"DUBLIN, Nov 23 (Reuters)- Ireland has opened a new investigation into the death of a woman denied an abortion of her dying foetus, as the government scrambled to stem criticism of its handling of an incident that polarised the overwhelmingly Catholic country."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/23/ire...

"While the topic has a lower profile in western Europe, abortion has still spurred debate, notably in predominantly Roman Catholic countries like Italy and France."
<snip>
"But in Poland, legislators last month restored a positive right to life law and scrapped a 1996 law that had allowed abortion.

In Colombia, as in much of Latin America, abortion is illegal. Peru bans abortion except in cases where it would save the life of the woman, and the issue is not publicly controversial."
http://www.euthanasia.com/globe.html

"Nicaragua’s revised Penal Code stipulates prison sentences for girls and women who seek an abortion and for health professionals who provide health services associated with abortion. Only 3% of the world’s countries have such absolute bans in place.

The new Code introduces criminal sanctions for doctors and nurses who treat a pregnant woman or girl for illnesses such as cancer, malaria, HIV/AIDS or cardiac emergencies where such treatment is contraindicated in pregnancy and may cause injury to or death of the embryo or foetus.

It even goes as far as punishing girls and women who have suffered a miscarriage, as in many cases it is impossible to distinguish spontaneous from induced abortions."
http://www.amnesty.org/fr/node/11562

This is what you want America to become. This is what y'all want for American women, for their daughters, granddaughters. There is no freedom in this act of criminalizing abortion. There is just more death, more punishment.

The countries with the least restrictions on abortion have the least incidences of abortion. You guys are going about this the wrong way.
Anonymous

United States

#284001 Feb 14, 2013
SapphireBlue wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do know where I'm going. However, it has nothing to do with arrogance and everything to do with faith.
Do you know for sure where you're going?
Look up Dr. Eben Alexander, a neurosurgeon. He was a scientific naysayer about near death experiences until his own.
Very fascinating story.
I just finished reading that book, and I don't normaly read very many books. Lol, but I also found it fascinating, but as with anything, two people can read the same book, and come away with two different views, but they had those views, before they read the book.
welcome to the topix, by the way (:
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#284002 Feb 14, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol. I held my friend's baby all evening, two days ago. No burning... sorry. Btw, mommy of the baby is pro-life. We are extremely close friends. Again, my dear... so sorry. Some people know how to be friends.
I am shocked that someone would let YOU hold their baby. They must have been desperate.
Poor baby must have been terrified by your strange face. I bet when the mother wasn't looking, you would pinch the baby and make it cry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New York City is trash compared to the South 6 hr Maude 5
john gotti (May '12) 6 hr -Sprocket- 336
What does TRUMP mean for America? 6 hr Maude 2
do away 6 hr No No No 2
Dominick Nuccio 6 hr Maude 7
NFL attendance - fake news 6 hr Maude 5
Stephen Colbert. Smug or snobbish? 6 hr Maude 5

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance