Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
266,481 - 266,500 of 305,177 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all according to how you wish to interpet the bible.
I've not read where it says the moon produces its own light, but the moon does produce light.
All must come from somewhere.
Even the sun must have some "source ",have you ever wondered how the sun can continue to burn and burn, yet never burn up?
Do you realize how big the sun is?
How much energy it takes and gives.
How the earth just floats around, along with all planets.
Prove adam wasn't made from dust.
After one dies, what happens to their body?
Given enough time, they go back to dust.
With all the amazing things in the world, it makes me wonder why people dumb it down to the very basics.
I guess you've never read Genesis.

"Prove adam wasn't made from dust." It's actually up to you to back up your claim with evidence, but we know you don't understand science or logic so there is no point trying to debate with you.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to clarify. And please explain where, what I misunderstood. That would be most helpful.
Why, STO? From experience, I know that when we waste our time doing so, you just turn around and lie about what we've posted anyway.

I'm telling you that you were wrong about our positions. Our positions have already been posted and people who can read for comprehension wouldn't have gotten from it what you did. Maybe you should go back and read it again.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're deflecting.
Not only does your question have nothing to do with our discussion, but when this country was founded, abortion was legal.
Now, do please explain to us all how any killing can be legal and illegal at the same time.
That's a good question, but if a person walks into an abortion clinic and kills a woman, that is sitting in the waiting room, to have an abortion, then that person will be charged with 2 murders instead of just 1.

It is a can of worms I don't believe those judges really knew they were opening when they made abortion legal.

Either the unborn child, is someone to be protected, or it is nothing more then a medical choice, and if a woman chooses to remain pregnant, then she should get no special treatment at her work, or parking spots at stores.
The list is endless, when you deal with double standards.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctors backgrounds are in the computer.
The doctors I have been to in Carlsbad never wash their
hands. They should wear gloves.
My doctor told me that I just needed a simple surgery
and then his office wants to take out my uterus.
I told them that it was against God and that I wasn't
going to have any surgery. I will never let them take
out my blood. I have healed and feel great.
Yeah. Okay.
Obskeptic

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
" Although most PL define the beginning of life at conception, an "embryo" that is conceived, studied, and frozen in the very first stages of development, in a test tube and not the womb, would never meet the legal or scientific definition of "viable"."
You didn't answer the question. You said abortion was "killing a baby". So, do you equate disposal of a frozen embryo with "killing a baby"? Viability is irrelevant to this question.
Actually I did, but in typical liberal fashion you weren't listening. I said when it is in the womb, it is a "baby" and killing it there would be. I'm saying that when it is in its earliest stages (days or a week or two for instance) in a test tube that it is not a baby, it's an embryo under scientific study. It would not be developed to 8-10+ weeks, injected with saline and then pulled apart a limb at time like an actual abortion does. Is that clear enough for you to understand?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did, but in typical liberal fashion you weren't listening. I said when it is in the womb, it is a "baby" and killing it there would be. I'm saying that when it is in its earliest stages (days or a week or two for instance) in a test tube that it is not a baby, it's an embryo under scientific study. It would not be developed to 8-10+ weeks, injected with saline and then pulled apart a limb at time like an actual abortion does. Is that clear enough for you to understand?
No saline is used and at 8-10 weeks, nothing is torn apart.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all according to how you wish to interpet the bible.
I've not read where it says the moon produces its own light, but the moon does produce light.
All must come from somewhere.
Even the sun must have some "source ",have you ever wondered how the sun can continue to burn and burn, yet never burn up?
Do you realize how big the sun is?
How much energy it takes and gives.
How the earth just floats around, along with all planets.
Prove adam wasn't made from dust.
After one dies, what happens to their body?
Given enough time, they go back to dust.
With all the amazing things in the world, it makes me wonder why people dumb it down to the very basics.
Isaiah 30:26 , 13:10 speak of the moons "light", Fundie-master.

Looks like a non-believer can show you a thing or two about your fabled "word of god".

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's a good question,"

Then answer it.

"but if a person walks into an abortion clinic and kills a woman, that is sitting in the waiting room, to have an abortion, then that person will be charged with 2 murders instead of just 1."

Ah, no. There are states where they will be charged with one murder, and one fetal homicide. There are states where they will be charged with one murder, as not all states even have fetal homicide laws. Still, where they do, those laws only kick in at viability in some places, and are always the result of the fetal death occuring during the commission of another crime, murder of, or assault on, the woman.

"It is a can of worms I don't believe those judges really knew they were opening when they made abortion legal."

They didn't "make it legal". They determined that the laws in existence that made abortion completely illegal were unconstitutional, and overturned them. By the way, in most states, there were already exceptions to those laws on the books prior to RvW. In fact, there was only a short period in the history of this country where it was entirely illegal.

"Either the unborn child, is someone to be protected, or it is nothing more then a medical choice, and if a woman chooses to remain pregnant, then she should get no special treatment at her work, or parking spots at stores."

What nonsense.

"The list is endless, when you deal with double standards."

The only double standard here is from your side of the argument. Many of you are not only against a woman having the right to choose whether or not to remain pregnant, but against contraceptives, real sex ed in the schools, and welfare programs.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a non-believer can show you a thing or two about your fabled "word of god".
Whether you believe it or not, others do. A healthy percentage of the population believe abortions to be murder. Many are not religious. Religious doctrine will also say that abortions, about 56 million of them now are offerings to Satan. Children are important in the evil that is around us but are abused massively by many of the same who claim to love them. So if you are secular it still exists. If you don't believe, there are still people who do.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Whether you believe it or not, others do. A healthy percentage of the population believe abortions to be murder. Many are not religious. Religious doctrine will also say that abortions, about 56 million of them now are offerings to Satan. Children are important in the evil that is around us but are abused massively by many of the same who claim to love them. So if you are secular it still exists. If you don't believe, there are still people who do.
So, go ahead and believe whatever you want. What does that have to do with those who don't share your beliefs?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, go ahead and believe whatever you want. What does that have to do with those who don't share your beliefs?
I have yet to see an anti-choice argument that doesn't boil down, even if it takes a little while, to a religious argument.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>So, go ahead and believe whatever you want. What does that have to do with those who don't share your beliefs?
What does that have to do with those who don't share your beliefs?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> What does that have to do with those who don't share your beliefs?
Define "healthy percentage", and please list your source for that. As far as I know, there are no polls on that exact question.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Whether you believe it or not, others do. A healthy percentage of the population believe abortions to be murder. Many are not religious. Religious doctrine will also say that abortions, about 56 million of them now are offerings to Satan. Children are important in the evil that is around us but are abused massively by many of the same who claim to love them. So if you are secular it still exists. If you don't believe, there are still people who do.
What the hell are you blabbing about? I was talking to our new favorite fundie, Gtown, about how the bible says the Moon has it's own light light and how that is incorrect. You can believe whatever you want.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Husker wrote:
<quoted text>We are Temples and Satan wants to destroy what God loves the most.
Temples are temples, piggy peggy.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Peter hasn't been around lately.

I guess he is busy with his gay friends.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not making a very good point choosing those verses, but let us look at them. Isaiah 30:26 says : the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days.

"It seems to me, that the brighter the sun is, the brighter the moon will be.

Isaiah 13:10 says : the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Again, it looks to me, that if the sun is dark, then so is the moon.

Both verses seem to indicate that the moons light depends on the sun.

Brighter the sun -brighter the moon.
Darker the sun -darker the moon.

You can try all you wish, but this is a sad attempt to discredit Gods Word.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

except for severe medical issues, and has been for years.
"except for severe medical issues"

That is a vague staement. The law would be absolute and mean only in the case of death, no some vague "severe medical condition" that is used as an excuse for many late term abortions. You proabort pagans know that, and that is why you can't answer the question honestly.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a nice a sentiment, LNM.
Thank you.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Clever, but snide. Funny!
;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 306,060
New York Asian Population Growing (Apr '12) 56 min winnie wu 24
best supoermarket in new york 3 hr Bart 15
If the Tea Party formed a Well Regulated Militia 5 hr ___Jenny___ 20
Islanders talk back (Dec '07) 5 hr RICH L 4,784
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Subliminal 45,866
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 6 hr UN Must Go 14,403
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search