Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#283818 Feb 13, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
The reason I ask you to prove something you claim, Katie, is because I know you're wrong.
Actualy, she did some time back. You're free to go find it, OR to prove her wrong. You haven't done that thus far.

Here's a hint Lynniekins, its in regard to brain development.

But you wont bother, its not like you'd ever admit she MIGHT be right about something after all. You're so stuck in your hate filled agenda, you are simply incapable of ANYTHING resembling thoughtful discussion.

Location hidden

#283819 Feb 13, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an ignorant buffoon who thinks I'm above PLers intellectually, when all I keep proving is she doesn't have adult intelligence or knowledge. I don't have adult reading comprehension skills either.
COrrected for accuracy.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#283820 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
wow, sorry for the typos. hope people can get what is meant.
Not me. What the hell was that ?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#283821 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my first example had both women at the abortion clinic, but you're right! Women may choose which babies live and which babies die, in this country. It is all about the woman and not the baby.
What's interesting is how, if a woman were trying to starve herself to death, she would be force feed, by court order.
There is no way to force the average woman to remain pregnant, but my thought is why would we even have these ideas?
The main reason for abortion, is due to wanting pleasure with someone, that you wouldn't want a kid with.
Many don't ever think about their abortion, but as time goes by many many women and men do.
If both women were waiting to have abortions, they weren't far along enough in their pregnancies for there to be a fetal homicide charge. The rest of your post is just your personal opinion. Your opinion isn't relevant to anyone's pregnancy but your own.

Atrisco Village

#283822 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Silent Scream" was debunked by the very physician performing the fetal surgery. There was no purposeful movement made by the fetus. It was all autonomic.
You guys seem to want the fetus to feel pain. You've personified fetal life to the point of equating it with being a newborn without understanding there are physiological differences between each. No fetus could survive outside the womb and no infant could survive inside the womb.
The ones who don't see this distinction for all its worth are the ones who give precedence to the fetus over the woman gestating it. There are no equal rights between fetus and woman. Woman's civil rights should and will continue to supersede that of any fetus she carries.
Notice how these folks refuse to reply to any post that points out the fact that, physiologically, a fetus in first term development cannot feel pain?

Location hidden

#283823 Feb 13, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did, but in typical liberal fashion you weren't listening.
No actually you didn't. Your first response was to claim it was a stupid question, and your second didn't address the question at all.

3rd time's the charm with you apparently. Pity it takes calling you on your stupidity to get you to answer a simple question.
I said when it is in the womb, it is a "baby" and killing it there would be.
"it would be" what? Murder? Sorry, no, its not. Never has been, never will be.
I'm saying that when it is in its earliest stages (days or a week or two for instance) in a test tube that it is not a baby,
So lets make sure we understand you correctly - "when its in its earliest stages (days or a week or two for instance)" and its in the womb, it IS a baby then - correct?

But when its in a test tube its not - right?

But the SECOND it goes from that test tube to the woman's womb, it MAGICALLY becomes a baby THEN huh?

@@
it's an embryo under scientific study.
ROFLAMO Uh no. IVF is NOT "under scientific study" you idiot.
It would not be developed to 8-10+ weeks, injected with saline and then pulled apart a limb at time like an actual abortion does.
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!! ! Nobody asked you about anything "developed 8-10 weeks" - saline is not used in abortions (hasn't been for decades now) and nothing is torn apart in an 8-10 week abortion you hyperbolic bullshitter.

Is that clear enough for you to understand?
Clear enough to let everyone know you have no rational answer to what was a VERY simple question.

Carry on freak.

Location hidden

#283825 Feb 13, 2013
The Prince wrote:
except for severe medical issues, and has been for years.
"except for severe medical issues"
That is a vague staement. The law would be absolute and mean only in the case of death, no some vague "severe medical condition" that is used as an excuse for many late term abortions. You proabort pagans know that, and that is why you can't answer the question honestly.
Tommy, you're an idiot. Your comment was that there was legislation pending, when the FACT is that its been settled law for decades.

DOCTORS make the medical determination, not politicans. Deal with it.

Location hidden

#283826 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all in the wording. A woman could be severly depressed.
This is why they keep trying to pass laws, so thet may obtain their ultimate goal of abortion on demand at any stage.
So show us where ANYONE is trying to pass ANY laws ANYWHERE that tries to obtain "abortion on demand at any stage".

Oh wait, you're flat out LYING again since no such legislation is pending ANYWHERE in the US.

On the OTHER hand, there's LOTS of legislation pending from your kind that would try to legislate your RELIGIOUS beliefs, and take AWAY the for women to make the medical decision to abort ANYTIME at ANY stage for ANY reason.

And I CAN provide examples of that easily.

Location hidden

#283827 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you a hint. You're looking at the wrong place. Try looking into fetal brain development.
I should have read ahead. I remember the studies you posted last year I think it was.

SHe's an ass, and dishonest as it comes.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283828 Feb 13, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
LilLynne is ignoring Doc's argument.
I don't think she's ignoring. Just interpreting it differently.
I'm interpreting by the legal strict definition of viability. And as such, an artificial womb would be considered ALS. While the artificial womb would serve exactly the same purpose and function as a natural womb, it is man-made and not of the woman so by definition it would be considered "medical assistance".
His entire point is that if a physician determines ALS will give an infant any chance at survival whatsoever, then by defintion, it is viable.
Fairly accurate. You need to school Katie on this.
Although I would clarify by saying that if a physician determines that ALS will give an infant any chance at survival he will DEEM it viable. Whether it actually WAS viable will be determined in time.

Location hidden

#283829 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
A man can kill a woman that is pregnant, and be charged with two murders, and the same woman can pay another man to kill the life that is in her, and it would be legal.-
Lets say it SLOWLY for the stupid boy.

The woman making a medical decision to abort, is not murdering anything or anyone. Its HER CALL, not yours , not ANYONE ELSES to make.

The man with a gun will ONLY be charged with two MURDERS if he ILLEGALLY MURDERS both the woman and her ZEF.

One is a crime. The other is not and never will be - PARTICULARLY in the first trimester. Deal with it already son.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283830 Feb 13, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"If the physician DOES determine it possesses the basic lung function to survive with ALS then he will deem it viable and ALS will be applied. He will not apply ALS to a non viable fetus so it can REACH viability....as numbskulls like Bitter and Chicky have claimed."
Have asked you before but do not recall your answer.
What happens when the newborn dies anyway? Was it nonviable? That's my answer. So even if the physician deems a fetus viable, births it early, applies ALS, but the newborn dies anyway, then for all intents and purposes, it was not viable.
What say you to that, Doc, old boy?
I've said it already. See above, old girl.

Location hidden

#283832 Feb 13, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I will not. I provided the chemical make up of amniotic fluid, because you were too lazy to, or because you knew you were wrong. You made a claim, I proved you wrong. You want to prove you're right YOU provide the info, lazy.
ROFLMAO!! You didn't prove shit Lynnekins. You provided a few lines from an abstract of a much longer paper published from NIH. Hell, you didn't even bother to credit the paper you stole the lines from! Did you bother to read the whole thing? NO. YOu saw the few words you thought you wanted and stopped there.

Location hidden

#283833 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

What's interesting is how, if a woman were trying to starve herself to death, she would be force feed, by court order.
Unless she's been determined to be mentally ill, no she wouldn't.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#283834 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've already addressed it."

You did not. You just said it is a good question.

"Plus mans laws and other mans law can differ across the world, but so can mans law and Gods law."

Which has nothing to do with the subject.

"A man can kill a woman that is pregnant, and be charged with two murders, and the same woman can pay another man to kill the life that is in her, and it would be legal."

Wrong. He would be charged with fetal homicide, and only in certain states. And even then, it's tied in with the death of the fetus during the commission of another crime. You're ignorant of the fetal homicide laws, and should educate yourself.

Now, how can any killing be legal and illegal at the same time?
Anonymous

United States

#283835 Feb 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Notice how these folks refuse to reply to any post that points out the fact that, physiologically, a fetus in first term development cannot feel pain?
Not sure if a fetus can feel pain or not, and unless it was the fetus being aborted, then I'm not sure how any would know, BUT we do know many women have felt alot of pain after having an abortion, all the way to suicide.
Anonymous

United States

#283836 Feb 13, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So show us where ANYONE is trying to pass ANY laws ANYWHERE that tries to obtain "abortion on demand at any stage".
Oh wait, you're flat out LYING again since no such legislation is pending ANYWHERE in the US.
On the OTHER hand, there's LOTS of legislation pending from your kind that would try to legislate your RELIGIOUS beliefs, and take AWAY the for women to make the medical decision to abort ANYTIME at ANY stage for ANY reason.
And I CAN provide examples of that easily.
Is the Jewish faith against abortion, as it stands now?

Location hidden

#283837 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if a fetus can feel pain or not, and unless it was the fetus being aborted, then I'm not sure how any would know, BUT we do know many women have felt alot of pain after having an abortion, all the way to suicide.
@@ If a woman committed suicide because she made a medical decision to abort, then she had MUCH more serious mental problems long before she aborted.

“Game on !”

nyc

#283838 Feb 13, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If both women were waiting to have abortions, they weren't far along enough in their pregnancies for there to be a fetal homicide charge. The rest of your post is just your personal opinion. Your opinion isn't relevant to anyone's pregnancy but your own.
Not if they were waiting at an abortion clinic in Alabama or Arizona....just to name two. You are ignorant of fetal homicide laws.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having seen it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Atrisco Village

#283839 Feb 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a physiological fact that a first term fetus cannot feel pain. You can read that in any book on human development. You like to google. Do that. As for women feeling "pain, I assume you mean emotional distress. Some may, and that is sad, but each woman is responsible for her own decisions. It's very rare that a woman is forced or coerced into having an abortion. No one wants that and no one supports that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 7 min DBWriter 3,375
News NYPD officer shot in head dies, commissioner ci... 9 min Responsibility 13
Poll What happened to Brookhaven John? 51 min Brookhaven John 20
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 52 min Brookhaven John 315,808
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 53,050
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr the don 35,608
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr the don 10,692
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]