Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282873 Feb 8, 2013
I take it you've never read anything for comprehension?

I came out in 1978; mom died last year. She was far stronger and smarter than you could ever be. Actually, my ex was her favorite in-law.
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You only hang out with gays? I guess you have more in common with them. Ha.
Anyone I've slept with? Do you think straight people sleep with a lot of people? No.
You weren't interested in teens whilst a teen? I guess you went for the up to 12 year old age group. That is sad. People who prey on little kids have to be severely punished.
I didn't watch the you tube thing. What was that about?
Did you kill your mother by telling her you were gay? Some parents can't handle it. I guess the disappointment is overwhelming.
Sincerely,
The Utter Fool
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#282874 Feb 8, 2013
Susanm wrote:
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Women have always made their own reproductive decisions. Abortion was illegal for a relatively short time. Now, we can have an abortion as the medical procedure that it is, and have that procedure protected as a private medical matter. No one's personal morals are being impinged upon, since no one is being forced to stay pregnant or to abort a pregnancy.
The problem with this is that pro"choicers" are forcing others to be involved, by requiring employers to provide coverage for them, by expecting all OB/GYN's to perform them, by allowing minors access to them, and by giving federal money to the "clinics" that provide them.
So other than who should pay, you're pro-choice?
Anonymous

United States

#282875 Feb 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the phony "charm" a rest, G; it isn't working. By the way, I don't think you're "kidding" at all. You made your archaic beliefs about women very clear when you FIRST arrived here, and you only began backpedaling when you realized they made you look bad.
I think you still believe all that 19th-century "woman's place" nonsense, you're just not going to promote it as much as you used to.
I'm glad you seen the charm. Lol

I have not changed my postition on the home. "The BEST, MOST IDEAL home " is when the women stay at home raising kids, and the man goes out to work "outside the home ",notice both people are working.

Your biggest deal is having some man making bad choices for the family, and they are out there no doubt, but every shio MUST have a captain. Most families "ships " don't have a clue about God, and so no wonder they are ran aground all up and down the river. You either want the woman to be the captain or no one being the capt.

Women say they want equal rights, but they really want special rights.
my stance haven't change, but I choose to talk about God more, becouse when a family has God above their name, then He will guide them into all truth.

It seems you have ONLY met religion, and for cutting the ties that bind you? I can't blame you, but if you notice I don't promote religion, I promote God.
Anonymous

United States

#282877 Feb 8, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Absurd judgements from Mr Know It All.
I can say that God does not approve of your lifestyle either. It does not make it so.
You would be correct, God doesnt approve of my lifestyle.
There is many things even christians do that is contrary to God, that's the whole idea of Grace.
I need it just as much now as ever.
Anonymous

United States

#282878 Feb 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't watch gibson; he's not much of an actor. Nor do I get my information from movies.
Gay sex occurs in nature; how can it not be natural?
I came out in 1978; I knew I was gay years earlier. I know precisely wht those times were like, which is hy I (and many of my generation) have worked to make sure others didn't have to go through the same thing.
Yes, there is safe sex; you have to learn how to apply it properly. Young kids aren't even getting basic sex ed, much less safe sex info. Why lie?
<quoted text>
So you think our schools are better off since safe sex is being taught?
Do you think kids are safer since?
From what I've seen, there are more stds today then ever.we know that there are way more abortions.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#282879 Feb 8, 2013
OOOO that smell wrote:
antichoicers sure know how to stink up a forum!!!
Yeah, we know.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#282880 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the calender, but just like I'm not the only John living today, there were more Herods. This is not the first time this has been questioned.
You win!
I can't beat that kind of debating.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282881 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not changed my postition on the home. "The BEST, MOST IDEAL home " is when the women stay at home raising kids, and the man goes out to work "outside the home ",notice both people are working.
Your biggest deal is having some man making bad choices for the family, and they are out there no doubt, but every shio MUST have a captain. Most families "ships " don't have a clue about God, and so no wonder they are ran aground all up and down the river. You either want the woman to be the captain or no one being the capt.
my stance haven't change, but I choose to talk about God more, becouse when a family has God above their name, then He will guide them into all truth.
It seems you have ONLY met religion, and for cutting the ties that bind you? I can't blame you, but if you notice I don't promote religion, I promote God.
Sorry, but a marriage does not "need" a captain. Nor does one "need" your version of Deity, and there are many that are great without any version of same.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#282882 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Women say they want equal rights, but they really want special rights."

In what way? Men working outside the home can do whatever work they want. They can be professionals like doctors or accountants, or tradesmen..anything. The woman in the home gets few choices, if any. Cleaning and cooking. Women who want more than that out of life are looking for "special rights"? It might be the other way around.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#282883 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think our schools are better off since safe sex is being taught?
Do you think kids are safer since?
From what I've seen, there are more stds today then ever.we know that there are way more abortions.
I know my kids are better off for having been taught comprehensive sex ed. They were taught in school and at home. They're all adults now, some of them married, and have not had one std or unplanned pregnancy among them.

As for abortion, nonsense. The abortion rates have dropped every year since 1990. That's 23 years. The rates were much higher when I was a teen, and sex ed equaled "don't do it".
Anonymous

United States

#282884 Feb 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not for YOU or any other homophobic religionist to decide for anyone else what is "natural" or not. Anti-contraception imbeciles believe sex is ONLY for the purpose of procreation. They would probably say "sex is natural, but contraception is not."
As for the man-made invention of "sin," I have only ONE way to describe it: S.I.N.= Self-Inflicted NONSENSE. Your constant ranting about "sin" is another reason why I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb over 20 years ago. It's wonderful how much freedom I have when I'm NOT shackled with such ridiculous beliefs like "birth control is a sin."
I thought you would stand for my right to speak my mind, but I forget liberals only want free speech when folks are speaking what they like to hear.

You say you left all that religious garbage behind?
Let me ask you -how would you like it, if Gods view on sex was being taught to your kids?

I didn't think so.
Well oceanic, it may shock you, but I don't want my daughter being taught by God hating liberals to explore herself with any and all kinds of sex, which is clearly putting our country in a bad position.

The way its going, we will not have to fear other countries, we will kill ourselves.
If All women lived acvording to Your way, there would be no one left in a few years, but the last generation would sure enjoy themselves. Lol

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#282885 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to telling kids and adults "HEY, THIS IS WRONG, AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO IT, THEN YOU ALSO CHOOSE TO PAY THE CONSEQUENCES? "
Kids drink booze,and geuss what??? Kids die, or kill others, or ruin theirs or others lives in many ways, by CHOOSING to do so.
Should we have a "LEARN HOW TO DRANK YO BOOZE IN A SAFE WAY " program?
Kids do all kinds of stupid stuff!!!
So should we tell them right from wrong?
And tell them if you CHOOSE to do right, then you reap the rewards.
if you CHOOSE bad, then you reap the wirlwind.
OR
Have a class taught in our schools on "how to do stupid stuff, in a safe wsy "?
The problem with any of this though, is many kill at will folks or "kaw "
Doesn't believe anything they do is wrong.
Evil = good
Good = evil
maybe in your eyes sex is wrong. Making sex taboo is a method religion uses to control its followers. Sex is a natural human process and making kids feel guilty about natural feelings is sick.

There is nothing wrong with teenagers exploring their sexuality and leads to mentally healthy adults.

We see what happens when human sexuality is repressed...take what happened in Timbuktu and Mali recently when fundamentalist Muslims tried to enforce Sharia law....

comparing teenagers having sexual relations to teenage drinking is so absurb it doesn't deserve a reply

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#282886 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would stand for my right to speak my mind, but I forget liberals only want free speech when folks are speaking what they like to hear.
Let me ask you -how would you like it, if Gods view on sex was being taught to your kids?
I didn't think so.
Well oceanic, it may shock you, but I don't want my daughter being taught by God hating liberals to explore herself with any and all kinds of sex, which is clearly putting our country in a bad position.
The way its going, we will not have to fear other countries, we will kill ourselves.
If All women lived acvording to Your way, there would be no one left in a few years, but the last generation would sure enjoy themselves. Lol
Oh, what a bunch of melodramatic crapola.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#282887 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think so.
Most of "LIBERALS" have no problem with you having your belief, or preaching those beliefs in your house of worship and home. however, when you want to preach your dogma in the public domain, public schools and in our government, that is where we draw the line.

learn the difference.

there is a simple solution to not having your daughter exposed to natural human curiousity and urges.

send her to a parochial school.

I also believe that public schools allow parents to opt their children out of sex education classes

Elmont, Long Island NY

#282888 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my kids are better off for having been taught comprehensive sex ed. They were taught in school and at home. They're all adults now, some of them married, and have not had one std or unplanned pregnancy among them.
As for abortion, nonsense. The abortion rates have dropped every year since 1990. That's 23 years. The rates were much higher when I was a teen, and sex ed equaled "don't do it".
geesh, there you go using logic and facts with a religious fanatic...good luck with that
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#282889 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed you are male. But in your bio you posted about your many years doing housework. So I must ask if you are female?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#282890 Feb 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Women say they want equal rights, but they really want special rights."
In what way? Men working outside the home can do whatever work they want. They can be professionals like doctors or accountants, or tradesmen..anything. The woman in the home gets few choices, if any. Cleaning and cooking. Women who want more than that out of life are looking for "special rights"? It might be the other way around.
Apparently in the mind of this little "all or nothing" extremist, if a woman wants to also work outside of the home, it must mean she wants to be the boss of her husband.

Ridiculous, but I feel sorry for his wife. I can't imagine a marriage that is not an equal partnership.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#282891 Feb 8, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
geesh, there you go using logic and facts with a religious fanatic...good luck with that
LOL!!

Elmont, Long Island NY

#282892 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It sound like you are describing a Wahhabbist ideal family. Osama bin Ladin practiced your idea of a family. The women stay home and raise the kids and are completely subservient to the man. They are also deeply religious and have god in their lives. did god lead them to the truth??

sorry, but history has proven that the net affect of religion on man has been negative
Anonymous

United States

#282894 Feb 8, 2013
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal experience is not objective proof of anything. I am sorry you are unable to understand simple, English terms.
Your personal experience with any who "say they represent God ",does not mean they do.
There are many things I say I don't believe in, but I'm not angry toward those who do.
Plus we came from somewhere, and evolution has no real proof to suggest otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 min Princess Hey 10,923
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min SpaceBlues 54,540
Reasons to cheer For President Obama One, Two..... (Apr '12) 10 min 2 Dogs 1,020
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 11 min BS Detector 6,419
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 19 min driver7789 12,456
Time to go? 20 min Jamiestevenson 3,280
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 51 min Billy Fartin 320,668
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages