Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313936 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#281620 Feb 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I sure don't, because there is no difference, with the exception that the American women so far has murdered 9 times more humans then Hitler did. As a matter of fact, the American women with the encouragement of the progressives, have murdered more BABIES then Hitler, Mao, and Stalin combined.
Matthew 18
5 And he that shall receive one such little child in my name,
receiveth me.
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281621 Feb 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, as far as I'M concerned, you are ANTI-CHOICE, because you want to make sure that a woman has NO choice other than to stay pregnant and give birth. You can call yourself "prolife" all you want. It makes no difference to me.
I'm a happy "done after one" (one child by choice) mom, by the way. And I pity any child who has anti-choice extremists for parents.
Thats cool, because as far as i am concerned, you are pro-death. You can ask my daughter if she values your pity, or her life, because my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife of 26 years, was pregnant with her, and we "chose" to have her. Its something that would be very foreign to you and your mindset because you place a high value on things like death, selfishness, and greed. Your not about personal sacrifice, because your progressive ideology is into excuses to justify something like killing a baby for your own convenience. Yeah, calling it "choice" makes it OK in your mind, because when you think your God, and are arrogant enough to believe your God, passing judgement on the life of another human, especially the child from your own seed, is like getting the oil changed. How do you feel about animals? Is it cool to choose to kill them as well?
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281622 Feb 2, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Big difference in being born to unborn tho.
Your right, there is a big difference. Progressives have not "found" the right to kill your kids yet outside the womb if they are an inconvenience to you. Their working on it though. Like in New York, the Governor wants a women to be able to "remove" her unborn child, for any reason, up to and including the the last month of the third trimester. Wouldn't that just make you jubilant? My guess is you would be more horrified at someone killing a puppy then a baby, but thats just a guess.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281623 Feb 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I sure don't, because there is no difference, with the exception that the American women so far has murdered 9 times more humans then Hitler did. As a matter of fact, the American women with the encouragement of the progressives, have murdered more BABIES then Hitler, Mao, and Stalin combined.
Wasn't aware that Hitler killed anyone.

Women have murdered 9 times more humans then Hitler? Guess what, It's not going to stop either.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281624 Feb 2, 2013
63% of Americans want to keep abortions legal.
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281626 Feb 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, as far as I'M concerned, you are ANTI-CHOICE, because you want to make sure that a woman has NO choice other than to stay pregnant and give birth. You can call yourself "prolife" all you want. It makes no difference to me.
I'm a happy "done after one" (one child by choice) mom, by the way. And I pity any child who has anti-choice extremists for parents.
A women has lots of choices, including leaving the guys dick alone. You can call yourself Mother Theresa if you want, it does not change reality. Reality is that when your confronted with the decision of whether you value the life of an unborn, human child, you don't value it at all. I'm sure there were many Nazi's that had to square themselves with the reality that they were superior to all humans, especially Jews, and they did, just like you. Thats how it happens "Ocean 56", with people like you. How does that make you feel? Being pro-death or anti-life or whatever people decide to label it?
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281627 Feb 2, 2013
Guppy wrote:
63% of Americans want to keep abortions legal.
That may be accurate, and serves as a sad statement to our "progress". If I were a betting man, and believed in mob rule democracy, I would venture to guess that in the 1780's, 63% or more of the folks in the south wanted to keep owning another human legal as well. So using your logic and arguments, that made slavery OK, right?
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281628 Feb 2, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't aware that Hitler killed anyone.
Women have murdered 9 times more humans then Hitler? Guess what, It's not going to stop either.
Only a product of our public education system could be that ignorant of history. Yes, the American women has murdered 9 times more humans then those who died at the hands of Hitlers evil. The difference is that the American women refused to even allow those lives their first breath. Kind of harsh, don't you think?
Obskeptic

Waterford, MI

#281629 Feb 2, 2013
Since its all about "choice", why is it that the womens choice matters more then what some group of men choose, or maybe what a group of Muslims might choose? For instance, what if I believed I am entitled to choose to remove from our society those who choose sloth over responsible productivity? Or maybe those amongst us who are "damaged" or "abnormal"? Maybe those of us who have grown old and fragile and no longer contribute to the good of society? I know, how about those among us who's opinion differs from mine or my mob, and by the judgement of Gods like yourself have declared us useless morons undeserving to breath the same air as your enlightened class? History is full of the carnage of such "thinkers" like yourself. I refer to you as the class of citizens that don't know they don't know, and don't care.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

#281630 Feb 2, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
here something for the fundies http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/23/1181...
So what ? A fetus ISN'T a person.....not legally anyway. What sense would it make to not utilize what is a legal fact ? The term "person" is nothing more than a man-made subjective concept anyway. Acknowledging that a fetus is legally not a person is in no way inconsistent with the belief that it is in (scientific) fact, a human life. A human life worthy of protection.
Was this supposed to have exposed some sort of hypocrisy ?
You're a hack.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281631 Feb 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be accurate, and serves as a sad statement to our "progress". If I were a betting man, and believed in mob rule democracy, I would venture to guess that in the 1780's, 63% or more of the folks in the south wanted to keep owning another human legal as well. So using your logic and arguments, that made slavery OK, right?
You seem to like to make stuff up. I guess that's OK.

If I were a betting woman, and I am not. I would bet not all the slaves disliked being slaves. They had clothes, food and a place to live. In Africa, they had nothing.

Never considered that, did you?

Speaking of slaves. Thomas Jefferson said all men were created equal, but he had around 200 slaves.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#281632 Feb 2, 2013
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
So what ? A fetus ISN'T a person.....not legally anyway. What sense would it make to not utilize what is a legal fact ? The term "person" is nothing more than a man-made subjective concept anyway. Acknowledging that a fetus is legally not a person is in no way inconsistent with the belief that it is in (scientific) fact, a human life. A human life worthy of protection.
Was this supposed to have exposed some sort of hypocrisy ?
You're a hack.
Then stock up on condoms or keep your zipper pulled up. Next problem...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#281633 Feb 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
Since its all about "choice", why is it that the womens choice matters more then what some group of men choose, or maybe what a group of Muslims might choose? For instance, what if I believed I am entitled to choose to remove from our society those who choose sloth over responsible productivity? Or maybe those amongst us who are "damaged" or "abnormal"? Maybe those of us who have grown old and fragile and no longer contribute to the good of society? I know, how about those among us who's opinion differs from mine or my mob, and by the judgement of Gods like yourself have declared us useless morons undeserving to breath the same air as your enlightened class? History is full of the carnage of such "thinkers" like yourself. I refer to you as the class of citizens that don't know they don't know, and don't care.
"Since its all about "choice", why is it that the womens choice matters more..."

Do you really need this spelled out? It's women's bodies so it's women's choice.

"I refer to you as the class of citizens that don't know they don't know, and don't care."

My exact description of fundies.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281634 Feb 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a product of our public education system could be that ignorant of history. Yes, the American women has murdered 9 times more humans then those who died at the hands of Hitlers evil. The difference is that the American women refused to even allow those lives their first breath. Kind of harsh, don't you think?
You don't have common sense. You seem to have your head in the clouds. Loosen up a bit. You are too rigid.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#281635 Feb 2, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it. You don't know what I stand for as your comprehension and prejudices against me prevent you from seeing what is clear. All you wrote above is nothing but BS created in your head. It has zero perspective or impact in the real world.
Katiekins: "Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it."

Unwanted: Are wanted by couples hoping to adopt

Unhealthy: Medical treatments exist, and continue to advance over time.

You're a mess.

Killing innocents is always your answer.

Disgusting.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281636 Feb 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
A women has lots of choices, including leaving the guys dick alone. You can call yourself Mother Theresa if you want, it does not change reality. Reality is that when your confronted with the decision of whether you value the life of an unborn, human child, you don't value it at all. I'm sure there were many Nazi's that had to square themselves with the reality that they were superior to all humans, especially Jews, and they did, just like you. Thats how it happens "Ocean 56", with people like you. How does that make you feel? Being pro-death or anti-life or whatever people decide to label it?
You are an angry jewish man, who happens to feel superior to everyone.

It's not the Woman who goes after the guy - it's the guy who goes after the woman. You must know that. You are a Man, are you not?

Do you stand outside abortion clinics and beg the women that are going inside - to take their unborn child and raise it yourself? If not, you don't have a leg to stand on.

You can stop pretending now that you care about abortions, Nazi's etc. I know you don't.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#281637 Feb 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
When you get right down to it - I guess women don't care what men think. Women are the one's with common sense. Men have a difficult time with that one.
If you don't want a lot of dead babies, stop having sex with everyone and anyone. Be selective. That will solve the problem for you whiny guys. So, stop your whining and get on with it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#281638 Feb 2, 2013
bluestreak returns wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm bluestreak, and who the hell are you?
Apparently, you already know who I am. It's alright.
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

#281639 Feb 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
Christian does Not mean "christlike ",since you can never be like christ, but they should walk and talk different then the rest of the world, so how many churches do you know where all there act different then the rest of the world?
As far as satan dividing and confusing Gods people,well that's just what he does.
Some preach all times on being water baptized, and how that washes away your sins.
Some preach on speaking in tounges, as a sign one is a child of God.
Others lay hands on you.
Some say abc repeat after me and your saved.
All can use the bible to back up their beliefs. "Out of context ".
Joseph smith says an angel gave him golden plates "that have never been seen ",yet started what is now a large powerful church, of mormans.
Even if an angel did give him golden plates, it still is not of God.
The bible says -if any man demon or angel preach to you any other gospel, then that of God, then let them be accursed.
The gospel is that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin -lived a perfect life -died on the cross for ALL our sins, and rose again on the third day,and is now sitting at the right hand of God, where He ever liveth to be our savior.
Actually, that's exactly what Christian means. You can barely grasp English, much less the bible. Never mind that your post didn't provide any evidence to back up your religious claims. I see that you do not understand what evidence means and you are incapable of being honest.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#281640 Feb 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why use a 50 dollar word on a 5 dollar man? Lol
Why not challenge the 5 dollar man to grow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 2 min NEMO 3,574
" I'm Going to Build a WALL to Block Mexicans ! " 7 min Illegal Goat Shag... 3
trump says he may shut down the country 9 min Illegal Goat Shag... 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 min jimi-yank 336,064
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 22 min rainmaker2016 17,841
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 22 min the don 44,042
Women going topless will change the dating scen... 26 min Eyes Wide Open 2

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance