Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310940 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#280642 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
She's an idiot Elise. If she only knew that I personally know another woman who was raised by a step mother and her biological father. This woman always saw her step-mother as her only mother.
My son was has a mother and a stepmother. We are both fabulous moms.

Location hidden

#280643 Jan 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do, and you know why? Because having an abortion is a medical procedure regardless of the moral/immoral implications of the procedure.
<quoted text> Are they only being arrested because of the moral/immoral implications of "selling their body"? I don't think so.
<quoted text>So the government takes ownership of both body's when a woman becomes pregnant? Another washed out argument that PL has no answer for.
<quoted text> Why are you so focused on women and abortion, women and prostitution, and women and sex? Not one time did you mention the responsibility of the male partner. It's as if you're thinking women are the all powerful, seductress's and men are as weak as water and have no accountability.
<quoted text>What?
If you read his own story and the description of his history with women, you'll get an idea of his perspective on women and their character. He can't get out of his own head.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#280644 Jan 29, 2013
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> You think your dog talks to you? Your such a tweeker.
You think some magic man that lives in the sky talks to you. The talking dog is more realistic.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#280645 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly.........so since those places still get attaced, you're admitting to everyone one here that security guards do absolutely NOTHING and are therefore useless........
?????
You said "armed" security guards, so I guess you're admitting that "armed security guards" are "useless".
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280646 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you. Your concern is noted.
You're Welcome. I thought you would agree with me.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#280647 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if "I" get wasted every night? "I" do not, but if i did, i still wouldnt have the vast amount of money it would take to adopt/raise a kid
"What should a 16 year old girl do if she gets pregnant from a one night stand with an 18 year old boy?" - what? wait, so b/c a guy happens to be 2 years older than the mother the mother should therefore kill the unborn, not allow it a chance to live? b/c the dad is TWO years older ?
You admit that you don't have the kind of money it takes to raise a kid...but you would expect a 16 and 18 year old to be able to afford a baby?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#280648 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>but many well to do conseratives & christians DO just that
ASShole, if i dont HAVE the money to support even my OWN child (which i dont yet have), why in the world would i adopt a kid???
IDIOT! thats like saying if poor people who can barely feed themselves dont travel to Africa to feed starving people, then they must not care about starvation...
retard logic boy
Yet you expect a pregnant teen to be able to do it? On what, a part-time McDonald's job at minimum wage?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280649 Jan 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What's your problem? Plenty of step-parents are good coparents. Your experience isn't the standard necessarily.
Elise. What a pretty name.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I have a problem.

Do kids relish the idea of having a step-parent? That is the last thing they want.

Yes, some step-parents are good, but most are not and it causes monumental problems for everyone.

Everyone forgets........the kids come first. You shouldn't feel the need to rush out and sleep with someone just for the sake of having sex.

What is my experience?

Common sense tells me I am right, Elise.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280650 Jan 29, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "The hypothetical stemmed from the legal moment fetus becomes child."
No, it was when fetus becomes newborn infant. Child has already been defined, definitions provided for you, which included inborn fetus. Therefore, it wasn't about when fetus becomes "child".
Legally, moment fetus becomes child is expulsion from mother's body, you dimwit. It's what we've told you all along, and what we've proven all along.
I meant the hypothetical question stemmed from the conversation regarding legal instance fetus becomes baby. Might as well flush all that BS following the word NO up there up there in your response wordy girl.
Katie: "So the question always pertained to the physiological moment fetus becomes newborn."
No it didn't, you ignorant buffoon. That's YOUR stupid idea of what it supposedly pertained to, and not a logical one either. What you chose to use to answer the question is WHY your answer was so boneheaded and had no basis in fact. It began with your wrong idea that it "pertained to" "physiology", when it doesn't.
The hypothetical question pertained to the FACTS, that once that child is OUT of the mother's body, alive but breathing or not, cord cut or not, that child IS a newborn infant medically and logically. Not a fetus, and physiological changes has NOTHING to do with THAT fact.
Yes it did. Again, be sure to flush all that BS up there following the word NO in your response wordy girl.
Those are facts YOU failed to understand, and your answer was ridiculous, with no basis in fact, so your opinions were also stupid.
I haven't failed to understand anything. It is you who understands nothing. You don't even know what a Hypothetical Question is or what it entails.

"hypothetical question noun

Definition of HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION

: a question based on hypothetical facts concerning which a witness in court is asked for an opinion"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyp...

"hy·po·thet·i·cal adjective \&#716;h&#299;-p&# 601;-&#712;the-ti-k&#6 01;l\

Definition of HYPOTHETICAL

: being or involving a hypothesis : conjectural <hypothetical arguments> <a hypothetical situation>"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyp...
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280651 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do kids relish the idea of having a step-parent? That is the last thing they want.
Yes, some step-parents are good, but most are not and it causes monumental problems for everyone.
Everyone forgets........the kids come first. You shouldn't feel the need to rush out and sleep with someone just for the sake of having sex.
What is my experience?
"...the kids come first."

That's a relatively new concept; post WWII.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#280652 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've not told me anything about your god, for me not to respect.
Sure I have. I've explained and shown you links that show EXACTLY why your jesus is NOT our messiah for just ONE example.
Plus are you absolutly sure that there are no absolutes?
When it comes to people's personal relationships with G-d? Yes, I'm sure.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280653 Jan 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the kids come first."
That's a relatively new concept; post WWII.
Oh?

Location hidden

#280654 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Welcome. I thought you would agree with me.
Wow... passive-aggressive, much?

Location hidden

#280655 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do kids relish the idea of having a step-parenpt? That is the last thing they want.
What is my experience?
You're basing your philosophy on personal assumptions, not on common sense. That's non....sense, dear. Who says most people rush out and sleep around, and with their kid's knowledge, no less? Let's see some stats on that verrry broad statement.

Location hidden

#280656 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your story and honesty. I believe you are the norm, and that many or most have regrets.
God knows I do, as well as most, if not all people who have lived very long.
Gods forgiveness doesn't stop at the abortion clinics doors, and any involved "no matter how many abortions they've had or been a part of" can be forgiven.
I agree with you 100% that we have made laws that makes it way to easy.
Way to cheap and easy to get married.
way to cheap and easy to get a divorce.
Way to easy to get abortions.
Before I met God -I was for abortion, plus I never thought about it.
I had an affair, that ended up with my other woman pregnant.
I was faced with the decision of abortion. Her husband had been "fixed ", so there was a problem.
I'm very thankful for how it all worked out now, but wasn't happy with how it was then.
Everyone wanted her to have an abortion. She already had two sons that were almost 20 years old.
For the first time in my life I was not for abortion -I contribute it, to me getting saved just days before.
She scheduled an abortion, in which her mother was going to take her.
There is much to this story, but all I can say is there is a boy that turns 13 in a few days, becouse of the grace of God and how He changes peoples heart.
ROFLMAO So the story evolves yet again. You supposedly screwed around on your supposed wife, AND you got the slut pregnant - oh and you just HAPPENED to be 'saved' days before.

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I dont believe one word of your so called story.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#280657 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text>
She's an idiot Elise. If she only knew that I personally know another woman who was raised by a step mother and her biological father. This woman always saw her step-mother as her only mother.
Keep fooling yourself. I am sure your daughter is too terrified to burst your bubble.
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#280658 Jan 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>My son was has a mother and a stepmother. We are both fabulous moms.
You proabrtion pagans have the most screwed up lives. No wonder you became crazy pagans. You don't even have normal families or relationships. Your spawn will end up costing normal society billions in years to come.
Gtown71

United States

#280659 Jan 29, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter nonsense.
"in the absence of fetal viability and at any
time when necessary to protects a female's life or health."
http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/s28...
Read the bill.
Ok, so your last statement womens health???

So if a woman is stressed "which stress causes many problems ',becouse she is pregnant, then she qualifies for an abortion.

Why else are they trying to pass this?

Answer - becouse they are trying to take away anything between a womans right to kill her baby.

Depressed, stress,(MENTAL HEALTH), No matter how you word it, if this bill passes, it will give a woman free choice on when to kill.

Location hidden

#280660 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
New york is trying to pass a bill to kill a baby up to just before birth, at the womans will.
ROFLMAO You MORON! New York is doing NO SUCH THING.
Andrew qwomo "whatever his name is,
His name is Cuomo you moron. Its not that difficult.

Its funny how you manage to show you're stupidity on something simple like a man's name - but you're quick tear him down.

Bearing false witness seems to be your favorite sin. You practice it quite often.
is trying to get all bans lifted.
No he's not.
no matter what age the girl is.
Untrue.
No one has to know, even the parents do not have to give consent.
Parental consent hasn't been needed in NY for decades. This isnt something new.
Its called the reproductive health bill.
No, its called the Reproductive Health Act, and Cuomo simply supports it, as do a majority of NYers. The women that wrote it and are sponsoring it are Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins and Assemblywoman Deborah Glick.
Funny how they name this garbage, but the smallest person involved has no health when they get done doing what they do.
There are no "smallest persons involved". The ONLY one that matters that's involved, is the woman doing the gestating. WHich is why its called the REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ACT you fkn idiot.

This is what the act does:

"Guarantee every woman in New York can make her own personal health care decisions.

Every woman in New York should be able to end a pregnancy when her pregnancy endangers her health.

No doctor should fear being thrown in jail for helping a woman whose health is threatened.

The Reproductive Health Act takes abortion out of the penal code, and regulates it as a matter of public health and medical practice."

http://www.nownys.org/docs/rha_more_info.pdf

That's ALL it does.

So you can stop lying about it now. Or maybe you can't. You seem incapable of anything resembling intellectual honesty after all.

Location hidden

#280661 Jan 29, 2013
Marianne wrote:
My unborn child was "killed" and I didn't know the full outcome of my decision.
Really? What EXACTLY did you think the outcome of an abortion ending your pregnancy would be?

I never went to prison, but in my mind I have,
If you are still sweating an abortion you had in 1973 THAT much - seek mental help. Seriously. You clearly have more issues than having had an abortion.

. Who am I, Who are you?.
We are people with the legal and moral ability to make our OWN medical decisions.
If we allow for abortion to be as easy as getting a hair cut, then we will choose to kill the physically challenged, the old, and whomever we choose to kill.
ROFLMAO Sweetcheeks, abortion has been around as long as pregnancy has been. Making one's own MEDICAL DECISION has nothing to do with "choosing to kill the physically challanged, the old and whomever we choose to kill".

Why is it your kind can't say ANYTHING without all the hyperbolic bullshit attached?
The past shows it's caused great distruction among people. The wars of blacks and whites, the Jewish and Hitler.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!! What INCREDIBLE stupidity!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 11 min jimi-yank 11,718
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 15 min GEORGIA 14,664
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr jimi-yank 4,938
L.I. County Clerks Targeting Christians to Stea... 2 hr Plotmaster 6
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Harold 13,684
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 hr Patriot 10,271
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 5 hr DILLIGAF 10,523
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages