Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,092
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280589 Jan 29, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>scary, scary post. such anger and hatred directed toward the young. do you work or live anywhere that brings you in any proximity whatasoever with children? if so you need to be reported immediately.
Go right ahead. I have a 9 year old of whom I have custody and I drive her to school every day. Since you know my location, you can figure out who to call.

So, get to calling.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280590 Jan 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Why, why, why are you having this discussion with a poster on topix that calls himself God? You look as silly as Foo.
Entertainment Inkstain.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280591 Jan 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>There are long lists of would be parents waiting for babies, even those with colic. Why weren't they put up for adoption so that they could share a life with people who want them?
That's a question I can't answer Inkstain. Can't you figure not out for yourself??

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280592 Jan 29, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>CD 'Lawyer': Abortion is a pre-emptive strike. Prevention of another criminal being brought into society, prevention of extreme emotional distress to the mother for having to raise the byproduct.
Why don't you get a sex change operation; get a uterus implanted in you, get raped, conceive, then you can raise the f*cking bastard on your own? Deal?

I have to ask again: Were you raised by rabid monkeys?

Your post is inhumane, and is a direct assault on the dignity of human life.
Did it piss you off? Good!!!

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280593 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear you haven't shirked your responsibility.
Unusual for a man to get custody.
More unusual for a woman to lose custody, which is what happened.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#280594 Jan 29, 2013
holdencolfield75 wrote:
What's more boring, abortion or Islam?
Why don't you learn how to spell your name? It's c-a-u-l-f-i-e-l-d.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280596 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if "I" get wasted every night? "I" do not, but if i did, i still wouldnt have the vast amount of money it would take to adopt/raise a kid
"What should a 16 year old girl do if she gets pregnant from a one night stand with an 18 year old boy?" - what? wait, so b/c a guy happens to be 2 years older than the mother the mother should therefore kill the unborn, not allow it a chance to live? b/c the dad is TWO years older ?
OMG! Are you kidding me?
I just threw out the number 18. He could be 19. What difference does it make?
WHAT SHOULD SHE DO AT 16 AND PREGNANT? WHAT WOULD BE YOUR ADVICE?

It doesn't take THAT much money to raise ONE kid. Send it to public school etc. and it won't be that much. Try it and let me know. Use your beer money to buy he/she clothes. It will all work out.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280597 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
More unusual for a woman to lose custody, which is what happened.
I don't mean to pry, but what happened to cause her to lose custody of her own child?
It's funny, but when women get custody, it's expected and no one makes a big deal of it, but when a man gets custody, he's a saint etc. Odd.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#280598 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Are you kidding me?
I just threw out the number 18. He could be 19. What difference does it make?
WHAT SHOULD SHE DO AT 16 AND PREGNANT? WHAT WOULD BE YOUR ADVICE?
It doesn't take THAT much money to raise ONE kid. Send it to public school etc. and it won't be that much. Try it and let me know. Use your beer money to buy he/she clothes. It will all work out.
dont understand.....if it doesnt cost that much to raise a kid why do you support abortion so much?

i just dont believe KILLING it is any sort of "good" option...or even decent
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#280599 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text> dont understand.....if it doesnt cost that much to raise a kid why do you support abortion so much?
i just dont believe KILLING it is any sort of "good" option...or even decent
Unless it's to feed ur fat arse.... Or if you see a spider crawling in your car.... Or unless you're trying to kill a virus.

You'll justify killing as you see fit, jakey.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#280600 Jan 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are changing the parameters again. I clearly stated cord not cut, not exchange of gases except through the cord. Newborn hasn't breathed on its own. Therefore, you agree with what I've said since the beginning. Took you long enough.
Good night.
The End!
I haven't changed parameters you meathead, you did. I understand exactly what you said from the beginning. I stated a fact about 1st breath but cord NOT cut. YOU said first breath AND CORD CUT. You were WRONG from the beginning. You're the one who tried to change the parameters, liar. You always try to change your argument because what you say is STUPID from the get go. First breath is necessary so baby doesn't DIE, you idiot.

Fact: first breath continues LIFE. Without child dies.

Fact: once expulsion from mother's body occurs, fetus is automatically a newborn infant.

Fact: You "technically" argument was STUPID from the get go.

Fact: You're a nutcase trying to argue about it when facts proved you wrong. You said technically a fetus until first breath AND cord cut. You're still wrong.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280601 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mean to pry, but what happened to cause her to lose custody of her own child?
It's funny, but when women get custody, it's expected and no one makes a big deal of it, but when a man gets custody, he's a saint etc. Odd.
It's a long story. You're probably going to get a whole lot of versions of it from some of the folks on the opposite side of the fence from where I stand, but the short of it is as follows.

Florida law provides for the standard for filing of a supplemental petition for modification to be met if there is constant and substantial disagreement between parents on key issues regarding the child, such as healthcare and education. Florida law also provides for the standard to be met if proof can be shown that one of the parents exhibits a pattern of behavior that the court may determine to be detrimental to the overall upbringing of the child(ren). Contempt of court fits that like a glove and my ex had been found in contempt of court 4 separate times prior to the filing of my supplemental petition for modification.

After all the material and testimony evidence was presented, a female judge agreed with me more than she agreed with my daughter's mother. So, I was awarded custody.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280602 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text> dont understand.....if it doesnt cost that much to raise a kid why do you support abortion so much?
i just dont believe KILLING it is any sort of "good" option...or even decent
It's not all about money when it comes to raising a kid. The money is the last of the problems.

Why do I support abortion so much? Didn't know I did. SOMETIMES it is necessary. NO ONE wants to have an abortion. It's a necessary evil. I'm sure 99% of women who have one suffer mentally. As a guy, I wouldn't expect you to understand, because guys don't get it. Being pregnant is DAUNTING. It's a HUGE responsibility, and that responsibility doesn't end after the baby is born. It goes on for a lifetime. I'm sure you don't understand, and never will. Ya'll can walk away whenever you wish. Women can't.

Guys have all the fun and the girl suffers the consequences. Bottom line...
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280603 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a long story. You're probably going to get a whole lot of versions of it from some of the folks on the opposite side of the fence from where I stand, but the short of it is as follows.
Florida law provides for the standard for filing of a supplemental petition for modification to be met if there is constant and substantial disagreement between parents on key issues regarding the child, such as healthcare and education. Florida law also provides for the standard to be met if proof can be shown that one of the parents exhibits a pattern of behavior that the court may determine to be detrimental to the overall upbringing of the child(ren). Contempt of court fits that like a glove and my ex had been found in contempt of court 4 separate times prior to the filing of my supplemental petition for modification.
After all the material and testimony evidence was presented, a female judge agreed with me more than she agreed with my daughter's mother. So, I was awarded custody.
I see.
One of the most important things a divorced parent can do is NOT to run out and find someone new and try to blend the families. Live near the other parent etc. The kid comes first. I'm sure you knew all that. Hope you can stay away from the opposite sex. I know you guys have a difficult time with that, but the little girl comes first. lalalala. I hope she is doing well.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#280604 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not all about money when it comes to raising a kid. The money is the last of the problems.
Why do I support abortion so much? Didn't know I did. SOMETIMES it is necessary. NO ONE wants to have an abortion. It's a necessary evil. I'm sure 99% of women who have one suffer mentally. As a guy, I wouldn't expect you to understand, because guys don't get it. Being pregnant is DAUNTING. It's a HUGE responsibility, and that responsibility doesn't end after the baby is born. It goes on for a lifetime. I'm sure you don't understand, and never will. Ya'll can walk away whenever you wish. Women can't.
Guys have all the fun and the girl suffers the consequences. Bottom line...
thanks for the lesson....& for telling me that its SO daunting raising a kid yet money is the LAST thing important...NOT

"Ya'll can walk away whenever you wish" - dude, YALL? what do u mean YALL? if you're a guy too then why not say WE can walk away?

are you confused?

btw, i'm pro LIFE ..... still confused? so am i

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#280605 Jan 29, 2013
If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she doesn't have to be. You yokels keep dismissing the woman's needs and plans, and dismiss the 9 months of pregnancy that she--not you--has to go through.
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text> dont understand.....if it doesnt cost that much to raise a kid why do you support abortion so much?
i just dont believe KILLING it is any sort of "good" option...or even decent

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280606 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
One of the most important things a divorced parent can do is NOT to run out and find someone new and try to blend the families. Live near the other parent etc. The kid comes first. I'm sure you knew all that. Hope you can stay away from the opposite sex. I know you guys have a difficult time with that, but the little girl comes first. lalalala. I hope she is doing well.
I was already re-married when the order became final (2 1/2 years after my divorce), although my daughter had already been living with me for 6 months. But, don't worry; my wife and my daughter are "mother and daughter" for all practical purposes. While my wife knows, and has told her, that she'll never replace her mother, my daughter knows who is her Imah.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280607 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text> dont understand.....if it doesnt cost that much to raise a kid why do you support abortion so much?
i just dont believe KILLING it is any sort of "good" option...or even decent
Who cares what you believe, especially when you seem not to care what others believe?

BTW, according to CNNMoney magazine, for a middle income family, it costs nearly $227,000.00 to raise a child from birth to age 18. Double, or triple that, if the pregnancy results in twins or triplets, or if it's the 2nd or 3rd child.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/21/pf/cost_raisi...

You have that kind of money laying around? Of course not. Hence the reason why you talk, talk, and talk more about adoption over abortion, yet you haven't adopted ONE CHILD.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280608 Jan 29, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't changed parameters you meathead, you did. I understand exactly what you said from the beginning.
The hypothetical stemmed from the legal moment fetus becomes child. So the question always pertained to the physiological moment fetus becomes newborn. For the past few months you and others have employed the Born Alive Act as "proof" of the errors of my ways. You've both gone on and on and on and on about it as if your last breath depended upon you being right and me wrong.
I stated a fact about 1st breath but cord NOT cut. YOU said first breath AND CORD CUT. You were WRONG from the beginning.
Yes, I did say that. Did not deny saying it. Never said the claim of the cord NOT being cut made any difference in the legalities of when fetus becomes baby. THAT was never the subject. So you proved nothing about nothing. Yay you!

While you and NR were creaming your jeans and using the Born Alive Act pertaining to the legalities of when fetus becomes infant, you were forgetting one important factor. The hypothetical question NEVER involved more than the physiological changes between fetus and newborn. It stemmed from all the claims of *when* fetus legally becomes newborn and has civil rights and personhood attached (at birth). You guys boo-hooed this due to moral reasons.
You're the one who tried to change the parameters, liar. You always try to change your argument because what you say is STUPID from the get go.
Then put your money where your mouth is and prove it. If you're so damn sure I'm lying, then you will easily be able to prove it by comparing posts from the initial conversation all the up to yesterday.
First breath is necessary so baby doesn't DIE, you idiot. Fact: first breath continues LIFE. Without child dies.


...And...? This has to do with what? The physiological changes between fetus and newborn? How it starts the circulatory system to work on its own, separate from the umbilical cord and the woman to whom it'd been attached? Definitely a physiological difference.
Fact: once expulsion from mother's body occurs, fetus is automatically a newborn infant.
Perhaps so. I wasn't arguing this point. I was discussing the hypothetical magical moment fetus physiologically becomes baby. Somewhere along the way, in your attempt to disprove me, discredit me, plain old dis me, it's obvious you forgot the topic being discussed. It happens. Not going to sweat it.
Fact: You "technically" argument was STUPID from the get go.
Fact: You're a nutcase trying to argue about it when facts proved you wrong. You said technically a fetus until first breath AND cord cut. You're still wrong.
Hey, loudmouth. Nobody cares if you think my answer to the hypothetical is not to your liking. What you've done for the last year or so is give claim(s) that I said something I didn't. You've accused me of all kind of atrocities (infanticide for one) and just had a grand time thinking you're getting one over on me by making sh*t up that sounds good to you.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280609 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I was already re-married when the order became final (2 1/2 years after my divorce), although my daughter had already been living with me for 6 months. But, don't worry; my wife and my daughter are "mother and daughter" for all practical purposes. While my wife knows, and has told her, that she'll never replace her mother, my daughter knows who is her Imah.
So glad you Found another woman So soon after you and your wife split up. What a surprise. So good of you to bring Another woman into her life when her life was probably pretty traumatic already. Good thinking. I wonder what your daughter really thinks. What happens if this woman turns out of be a dud and you have to get rid of her too. Your poor daughter will suffer even more. Poor little kid.
I bet she can't wait to have a little sister or brother. Not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 10 min De Oppresso Liber 16,714
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min litesong 49,333
Protesters return to New York, despite mayor's ... 48 min Just Saying 20
Eric Garner Murdered by Cop 48 min Ronald 346
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 56 min Just Saying 1,802
Reasons to cheer For President Obama One, Two..... (Apr '12) 1 hr Just Saying 753
Will Rush be next to go down? (Jul '11) 1 hr Just Saying 171

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

NBC Sports12:58PM
William Hayes, Alec Ogletree draw fines after fight with Giants
ESPN 1:59 PM
Giants' Pierre-Paul says he is worth 'a lot'
NBC Sports 2:33 PM
Giants seek to end with 4-game win streak - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports 3:17 PM
Greg Cosell's Film Review: How Rex Ryan's D pressured Tom Brady
Bleacher Report 4:20 PM
NY Giants Twitter Mailbag