Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310231 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#280629 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
moon, you kind of trailed off guns.....
tell me, why do banks/office buildings/the white hosue employ the use of guards with GUNS if guns do not deter criminals?
ANSWER time...
Protection from criminals because no amount of guns deter crime 100% of the time. Hell the White House has been shot up, presidents assassinated and shot at with armed guards surrounding them. Sometimes the guns are visible to the criminal too so keep that in mind.

Location hidden

#280630 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true! Plus people will also murder adults, steal money, and many other things, but should the country make it legal?
Used to if a man caught another man with his wife, then he could kill that man legaly.
Our country has rewarded and made legal bad things, and punish the good. Making them pay for it, and be ok with it.
Does making it illegal prevent it? For obvious reasons, this argument is so washed out Gtown.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#280631 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because your conscience has been seared with a hot iron,doesn't mean the entire public should be ok, just becouse you don't have regrets.
I geuss you would be ok with this new bill, they are trying to pass in NY?
If a girl wants an abortion while she is in labor -she can get one, if this passes. Atleast in NY.
Many states are down to only one clinic, and they are in a race to see who can claim the tittle of the first state to be abortion free.
It seems that with many it is not ok.
When I had an affair it was just as wrong as it is now.
many lives are hurt beyound repair at times becouse of this.
I now don't try and tell others it is fine, as long as you don't feel bad about it.
Plus you're not dead yet, so you may have regrets later.
Looking back you may think how it would've been ok had you had the baby. IDK, but like I've always stated forgiveness is there if you ever feel the need to want it.
God never expects someone to clean up their life, then come to Him. He wants people just the way they are /warts and all.
I pray you find the peace you need as well.
There you go again, projecting your angst upon others. Very lame and dishonest tactic, brother. I won't regret having an abortion, because, as I said, it was the right thing to do.

Now, your assignment is to read that bill, thoroughly. Not an analysis of it, but the actual document. You are ignorant of its content.

Now, your assignment is to read that bill, thoroughly.

Atrisco Village

#280633 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true! Plus people will also murder adults, steal money, and many other things, but should the country make it legal?
Used to if a man caught another man with his wife, then he could kill that man legaly.
Our country has rewarded and made legal bad things, and punish the good. Making them pay for it, and be ok with it.
Abortion isn't murder, no matter how you try to twist the definition of murder to suit your personal opinion.

Atrisco Village

#280634 Jan 29, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter nonsense.
"in the absence of fetal viability and at any
time when necessary to protects a female's life or health."
http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/s28...
Read the bill.
That boy revels in his willful ignorance.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#280635 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you Found another woman So soon after you and your wife split up. What a surprise. So good of you to bring Another woman into her life when her life was probably pretty traumatic already. Good thinking. I wonder what your daughter really thinks. What happens if this woman turns out of be a dud and you have to get rid of her too. Your poor daughter will suffer even more. Poor little kid.
I bet she can't wait to have a little sister or brother. Not.
Thank you. Your concern is noted.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#280636 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>but many well to do conseratives & christians DO just that
ASShole, if i dont HAVE the money to support even my OWN child (which i dont yet have), why in the world would i adopt a kid???
IDIOT! thats like saying if poor people who can barely feed themselves dont travel to Africa to feed starving people, then they must not care about starvation...
retard logic boy
Actually, that's a pretty good comparison. It all boils down to the same bottom line of bullsh*t; you idiots preach a "gospel" that by and large, most of you aren't willing to live by.

And that makes you not only idolaters, but also hypocrites.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#280637 Jan 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What's your problem? Plenty of step-parents are good coparents. Your experience isn't the standard necessarily.
She's an idiot Elise. If she only knew that I personally know another woman who was raised by a step mother and her biological father. This woman always saw her step-mother as her only mother.

“Never look back unless”

Since: Sep 09

you're in a rough neighborhood

#280640 Jan 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That boy revels in his willful ignorance.
He appears to be wallowing in something, that's for sure.

Location hidden

#280641 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a womans body -is what we hear, when abortion comes up.
Yes you do, and you know why? Because having an abortion is a medical procedure regardless of the moral/immoral implications of the procedure.
Gtown71 wrote:
Why have soo many been arrested for selling "their " body?
Are they only being arrested because of the moral/immoral implications of "selling their body"? I don't think so.
Gtown71 wrote:
Plus the baby has 23 cromozones from the woman and 23 from the man.
It is no longer her body.
So the government takes ownership of both body's when a woman becomes pregnant? Another washed out argument that PL has no answer for.
Gtown71 wrote:
As long as it is legal, and especially if they pass the anytime for any reason bills, then it will only send a message to young women that it is ok to be risky, becouse no matter what it will be dealt with.
Why are you so focused on women and abortion, women and prostitution, and women and sex? Not one time did you mention the responsibility of the male partner. It's as if you're thinking women are the all powerful, seductress's and men are as weak as water and have no accountability.
Gtown71 wrote:
Many want a cure for aids, only so they can continue doing what the do.
It is all about the hearts intent.
What?

Atrisco Village

#280642 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
She's an idiot Elise. If she only knew that I personally know another woman who was raised by a step mother and her biological father. This woman always saw her step-mother as her only mother.
My son was has a mother and a stepmother. We are both fabulous moms.

Atrisco Village

#280643 Jan 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you do, and you know why? Because having an abortion is a medical procedure regardless of the moral/immoral implications of the procedure.
<quoted text> Are they only being arrested because of the moral/immoral implications of "selling their body"? I don't think so.
<quoted text>So the government takes ownership of both body's when a woman becomes pregnant? Another washed out argument that PL has no answer for.
<quoted text> Why are you so focused on women and abortion, women and prostitution, and women and sex? Not one time did you mention the responsibility of the male partner. It's as if you're thinking women are the all powerful, seductress's and men are as weak as water and have no accountability.
<quoted text>What?
If you read his own story and the description of his history with women, you'll get an idea of his perspective on women and their character. He can't get out of his own head.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#280644 Jan 29, 2013
I AM Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> You think your dog talks to you? Your such a tweeker.
You think some magic man that lives in the sky talks to you. The talking dog is more realistic.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#280645 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly.........so since those places still get attaced, you're admitting to everyone one here that security guards do absolutely NOTHING and are therefore useless........
?????
You said "armed" security guards, so I guess you're admitting that "armed security guards" are "useless".
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280646 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Your concern is noted.
You're Welcome. I thought you would agree with me.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#280647 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if "I" get wasted every night? "I" do not, but if i did, i still wouldnt have the vast amount of money it would take to adopt/raise a kid
"What should a 16 year old girl do if she gets pregnant from a one night stand with an 18 year old boy?" - what? wait, so b/c a guy happens to be 2 years older than the mother the mother should therefore kill the unborn, not allow it a chance to live? b/c the dad is TWO years older ?
You admit that you don't have the kind of money it takes to raise a kid...but you would expect a 16 and 18 year old to be able to afford a baby?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#280648 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>but many well to do conseratives & christians DO just that
ASShole, if i dont HAVE the money to support even my OWN child (which i dont yet have), why in the world would i adopt a kid???
IDIOT! thats like saying if poor people who can barely feed themselves dont travel to Africa to feed starving people, then they must not care about starvation...
retard logic boy
Yet you expect a pregnant teen to be able to do it? On what, a part-time McDonald's job at minimum wage?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280649 Jan 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What's your problem? Plenty of step-parents are good coparents. Your experience isn't the standard necessarily.
Elise. What a pretty name.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I have a problem.

Do kids relish the idea of having a step-parent? That is the last thing they want.

Yes, some step-parents are good, but most are not and it causes monumental problems for everyone.

Everyone forgets........the kids come first. You shouldn't feel the need to rush out and sleep with someone just for the sake of having sex.

What is my experience?

Common sense tells me I am right, Elise.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280650 Jan 29, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "The hypothetical stemmed from the legal moment fetus becomes child."
No, it was when fetus becomes newborn infant. Child has already been defined, definitions provided for you, which included inborn fetus. Therefore, it wasn't about when fetus becomes "child".
Legally, moment fetus becomes child is expulsion from mother's body, you dimwit. It's what we've told you all along, and what we've proven all along.
I meant the hypothetical question stemmed from the conversation regarding legal instance fetus becomes baby. Might as well flush all that BS following the word NO up there up there in your response wordy girl.
Katie: "So the question always pertained to the physiological moment fetus becomes newborn."
No it didn't, you ignorant buffoon. That's YOUR stupid idea of what it supposedly pertained to, and not a logical one either. What you chose to use to answer the question is WHY your answer was so boneheaded and had no basis in fact. It began with your wrong idea that it "pertained to" "physiology", when it doesn't.
The hypothetical question pertained to the FACTS, that once that child is OUT of the mother's body, alive but breathing or not, cord cut or not, that child IS a newborn infant medically and logically. Not a fetus, and physiological changes has NOTHING to do with THAT fact.
Yes it did. Again, be sure to flush all that BS up there following the word NO in your response wordy girl.
Those are facts YOU failed to understand, and your answer was ridiculous, with no basis in fact, so your opinions were also stupid.
I haven't failed to understand anything. It is you who understands nothing. You don't even know what a Hypothetical Question is or what it entails.

"hypothetical question noun

Definition of HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION

: a question based on hypothetical facts concerning which a witness in court is asked for an opinion"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyp...

"hy·po·thet·i·cal adjective \&#716;h&#299;-p&# 601;-&#712;the-ti-k&#6 01;l\

Definition of HYPOTHETICAL

: being or involving a hypothesis : conjectural <hypothetical arguments> <a hypothetical situation>"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyp...
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#280651 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise. What a pretty name.
Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean I have a problem.
Do kids relish the idea of having a step-parent? That is the last thing they want.
Yes, some step-parents are good, but most are not and it causes monumental problems for everyone.
Everyone forgets........the kids come first. You shouldn't feel the need to rush out and sleep with someone just for the sake of having sex.
What is my experience?
Common sense tells me I am right, Elise.
"...the kids come first."

That's a relatively new concept; post WWII.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Most embarrasing and humilating momentsin topix... 4 min jimi-yank 11
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min the don 320,636
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 7 min NEMO the RINO 6,412
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Into The Night 54,523
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 7 min jimi-yank 36,889
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 21 min Trunketeer 12,403
Time to go? 52 min barefoot2626 3,268
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages