Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,975
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280610 Jan 29, 2013
traumatized
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280611 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the lesson....& for telling me that its SO daunting raising a kid yet money is the LAST thing important...NOT
"Ya'll can walk away whenever you wish" - dude, YALL? what do u mean YALL? if you're a guy too then why not say WE can walk away?
are you confused?
btw, i'm pro LIFE ..... still confused? so am i
You are very confused and you making it confusing for me.

I never said it was Daunting to raise a kid. I said it was daunting to be pregnant.

I think most guys are pro life until someone (wife or daughter) gets pregnant, and then it's a different story.

If your 14 year old daughter were pregnant, would you be pro life? Ah...didn't think so.
Anonymous

Jefferson, GA

#280612 Jan 29, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you believe, especially when you seem not to care what others believe?
BTW, according to CNNMoney magazine, for a middle income family, it costs nearly $227,000.00 to raise a child from birth to age 18. Double, or triple that, if the pregnancy results in twins or triplets, or if it's the 2nd or 3rd child.
http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/21/pf/cost_raisi...
You have that kind of money laying around? Of course not. Hence the reason why you talk, talk, and talk more about adoption over abortion, yet you haven't adopted ONE CHILD.
but many well to do conseratives & christians DO just that

ASShole, if i dont HAVE the money to support even my OWN child (which i dont yet have), why in the world would i adopt a kid???

IDIOT! thats like saying if poor people who can barely feed themselves dont travel to Africa to feed starving people, then they must not care about starvation...

retard logic boy

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#280613 Jan 29, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you Found another woman So soon after you and your wife split up. What a surprise. So good of you to bring Another woman into her life when her life was probably pretty traumatic already. Good thinking. I wonder what your daughter really thinks. What happens if this woman turns out of be a dud and you have to get rid of her too. Your poor daughter will suffer even more. Poor little kid.
I bet she can't wait to have a little sister or brother. Not.
What's your problem? Plenty of step-parents are good coparents. Your experience isn't the standard necessarily.
Marianne

La Grange, CA

#280614 Jan 29, 2013
I'm sad to see so much hate in these opinion columns. I'm thankful this is still a free country to speak, however the hate coming from each of you is the very reason there is violence in our country. What ever happened to just listening to another and respecting one another while we debate. This is what makes up this (free) country. I had an abortion back in 1973. I was 16 years old and didn't know what the outcome of my future would be, I only thought of the moment and believed that the Dr. was "the man". I have my entire life regretted that moment. Why, because I made a decision that took a persons life from them. My unborn child was "killed" and I didn't know the full outcome of my decision. There are laws in this country that you kill another human being you go to prison for it. Laws are to protect those who respect life. I never went to prison, but in my mind I have, knowing I had the power to choose life or death, for someone who was completely innocent and had no say so or way of protecting themselves for defense. Who am I, Who are you?. If we allow for abortion to be as easy as getting a hair cut, then we will choose to kill the physically challenged, the old, and whomever we choose to kill. The past shows it's caused great distruction among people. The wars of blacks and whites, the Jewish and Hitler. The truth is if we respect life, we respect all peoples. This is not a fuzzy warm conclusion, after all, right is right and wrong is wrong, but the LAWS dictate our society and we as a people must vote rightly. Killing another is NOT OK.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#280615 Jan 29, 2013
Marianne wrote:
I'm sad to see so much hate in these opinion columns. I'm thankful this is still a free country to speak, however the hate coming from each of you is the very reason there is violence in our country. What ever happened to just listening to another and respecting one another while we debate. This is what makes up this (free) country. I had an abortion back in 1973. I was 16 years old and didn't know what the outcome of my future would be, I only thought of the moment and believed that the Dr. was "the man". I have my entire life regretted that moment. Why, because I made a decision that took a persons life from them. My unborn child was "killed" and I didn't know the full outcome of my decision. There are laws in this country that you kill another human being you go to prison for it. Laws are to protect those who respect life. I never went to prison, but in my mind I have, knowing I had the power to choose life or death, for someone who was completely innocent and had no say so or way of protecting themselves for defense. Who am I, Who are you?. If we allow for abortion to be as easy as getting a hair cut, then we will choose to kill the physically challenged, the old, and whomever we choose to kill. The past shows it's caused great distruction among people. The wars of blacks and whites, the Jewish and Hitler. The truth is if we respect life, we respect all peoples. This is not a fuzzy warm conclusion, after all, right is right and wrong is wrong, but the LAWS dictate our society and we as a people must vote rightly. Killing another is NOT OK.
I had an abortion in 1980. Though prolifers insist that I must be lying, the pure truth is that I have never regretted my decision. This is unusual for me because I have always tended to second-guess my decisions. I made the best choice for me and my family. Just because you regret your own decision to abort your pregnancy, doesn't mean you should deny other women the right to abort. I hope you find peace, sister.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#280616 Jan 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypothetical stemmed from the legal moment fetus becomes child. So the question always pertained to the physiological moment fetus becomes newborn. For the past few months you and others have employed the Born Alive Act as "proof" of the errors of my ways. You've both gone on and on and on and on about it as if your last breath depended upon you being right and me wrong.
<quoted text>
Yes, I did say that. Did not deny saying it. Never said the claim of the cord NOT being cut made any difference in the legalities of when fetus becomes baby. THAT was never the subject. So you proved nothing about nothing. Yay you!
While you and NR were creaming your jeans and using the Born Alive Act pertaining to the legalities of when fetus becomes infant, you were forgetting one important factor. The hypothetical question NEVER involved more than the physiological changes between fetus and newborn. It stemmed from all the claims of *when* fetus legally becomes newborn and has civil rights and personhood attached (at birth). You guys boo-hooed this due to moral reasons.
<quoted text>
Then put your money where your mouth is and prove it. If you're so damn sure I'm lying, then you will easily be able to prove it by comparing posts from the initial conversation all the up to yesterday.
<quoted text>
...And...? This has to do with what? The physiological changes between fetus and newborn? How it starts the circulatory system to work on its own, separate from the umbilical cord and the woman to whom it'd been attached? Definitely a physiological difference.
<quoted text>Perhaps so. I wasn't arguing this point. I was discussing the hypothetical magical moment fetus physiologically becomes baby. Somewhere along the way, in your attempt to disprove me, discredit me, plain old dis me, it's obvious you forgot the topic being discussed. It happens. Not going to sweat it.
<quoted text>
Hey, loudmouth. Nobody cares if you think my answer to the hypothetical is not to your liking. What you've done for the last year or so is give claim(s) that I said something I didn't. You've accused me of all kind of atrocities (infanticide for one) and just had a grand time thinking you're getting one over on me by making sh*t up that sounds good to you.
Katie: "The hypothetical stemmed from the legal moment fetus becomes child."

No, it was when fetus becomes newborn infant. Child has already been defined, definitions provided for you, which included inborn fetus. Therefore, it wasn't about when fetus becomes "child".

Legally, moment fetus becomes child is expulsion from mother's body, you dimwit. It's what we've told you all along, and what we've proven all along.

Katie: "So the question always pertained to the physiological moment fetus becomes newborn."

No it didn't, you ignorant buffoon. That's YOUR stupid idea of what it supposedly pertained to, and not a logical one either. What you chose to use to answer the question is WHY your answer was so boneheaded and had no basis in fact. It began with your wrong idea that it "pertained to" "physiology", when it doesn't.

The hypothetical question pertained to the FACTS, that once that child is OUT of the mother's body, alive but breathing or not, cord cut or not, that child IS a newborn infant medically and logically. Not a fetus, and physiological changes has NOTHING to do with THAT fact.

Those are facts YOU failed to understand, and your answer was ridiculous, with no basis in fact, so your opinions were also stupid.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280617 Jan 29, 2013
Katie: "It stemmed from all the claims of *when* fetus legally becomes newborn and has civil rights and personhood attached (at birth)."

The FACTAL answer is expulsion from mothers body,(that's what being BORN is), you nit wit. You're the idiot who never got that fact, and tried to change parameters of what is sensible ad logical.

You're the idiot trying to claim "birth" wasn't complete until breathing and cord cut, when THAT has nothing to do the end of CHILD(birth). Birth is expulsion, and separation from (within) the mother's body. Any reasonably intelligent adult knows that. You're the idiot trying to claim birth isn't "complete until cord is cut". No, BIRTH of the child is complete when the child's body is no longer (within) the mother's body.

THAT's the separation necessary for fetus to become newborn infant. NOT the umbilical cord.

You argued those facts and you were wrong.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280618 Jan 29, 2013
Katie: "Perhaps so. I wasn't arguing this point. I was discussing the hypothetical magical moment fetus physiologically becomes baby. Somewhere along the way, in your attempt to disprove me, discredit me, plain old dis me, it's obvious you forgot the topic being discussed. It happens. Not going to sweat it."

Listen Toots, you may be able to deceive yourself, but those of us who aren't deluded know exactly what was discussed and why.

You're an idiot, and a liar. You're the one who created the "magical moment" scenario as to when fetus becomes "baby", and did so based on the stupidity that it would likely be when physiological changes occur at 1st breath.

We were saying that isn't the moment, and it was "newborn baby", not just "baby" because we also knew you were using that term "baby" the same way you did recntly with NR. Trying to claim that if fetus becomes "baby" at birth, then it couldn't be "baby" as a fetus. You play word games and the intelligent people here are onto that.

The moment fetus becomes newborn baby medically and legally, is expulsion. That's a fact, Jack.

You're the one being an ignorant buffoon and an annoyance with your ignorance and stupidity about it all. Not to mention, you're a liar.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280619 Jan 29, 2013
Misspoke.~You're the one who created the "magical moment" scenario as to when fetus becomes "baby", and did so based on the stupidity that it would likely be when physiological changes occur at 1st breath (and cord cut).~

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280620 Jan 29, 2013
Katie: "What you've done for the last year or so is give claim(s) that I said something I didn't."

I have posted every word I claimed you said, and posted links and post numbers.

Katie: "You've accused me of all kind of atrocities (infanticide for one).... "

Prove it, liar. I have never accused you of that.

You, OTOH just accused me of saying something I have never said. You're the one who gives "give claim(s) that I said something I didn't." You PCers post psychological projection on a regular basis.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#280621 Jan 29, 2013
"lil Lily" aka "lynne d"
My intelligence and knowledge is reward enough for me.

holy crap thats funny....imaginary intelligence = imaginary reward
Gtown71

United States

#280622 Jan 29, 2013
Marianne wrote:
I'm sad to see so much hate in these opinion columns. I'm thankful this is still a free country to speak, however the hate coming from each of you is the very reason there is violence in our country. What ever happened to just listening to another and respecting one another while we debate. This is what makes up this (free) country. I had an abortion back in 1973. I was 16 years old and didn't know what the outcome of my future would be, I only thought of the moment and believed that the Dr. was "the man". I have my entire life regretted that moment. Why, because I made a decision that took a persons life from them. My unborn child was "killed" and I didn't know the full outcome of my decision. There are laws in this country that you kill another human being you go to prison for it. Laws are to protect those who respect life. I never went to prison, but in my mind I have, knowing I had the power to choose life or death, for someone who: among people. The wars of blacks and whites, the Jewish and Hitler. The truth is if we respect life, we respect all peoples. This is not a fuzzy warm conclusion, after all, right is right and wrong is wrong, but the LAWS dictate our society and we as a people must vote rightly. Killing another is NOT OK.
Thank you for your story and honesty. I believe you are the norm, and that many or most have regrets.

God knows I do, as well as most, if not all people who have lived very long.

Gods forgiveness doesn't stop at the abortion clinics doors, and any involved "no matter how many abortions they've had or been a part of" can be forgiven.

I agree with you 100% that we have made laws that makes it way to easy.

Way to cheap and easy to get married.
way to cheap and easy to get a divorce.
Way to easy to get abortions.

Before I met God -I was for abortion, plus I never thought about it.

I had an affair, that ended up with my other woman pregnant.
I was faced with the decision of abortion. Her husband had been "fixed ", so there was a problem.

I'm very thankful for how it all worked out now, but wasn't happy with how it was then.
Everyone wanted her to have an abortion. She already had two sons that were almost 20 years old.

For the first time in my life I was not for abortion -I contribute it, to me getting saved just days before.

She scheduled an abortion, in which her mother was going to take her.

There is much to this story, but all I can say is there is a boy that turns 13 in a few days, becouse of the grace of God and how He changes peoples heart.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#280623 Jan 29, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Gerri's death was a direct result of the abortion,(no one disputes that), but legal or not is irrelevant, because at 6 1/2 months, the child was viable. That abortion happened in the first place because she FEARED her abusive husband.
Viability is irrelevant because legal or not women will terminate their own pregnancies at any stage and sometimes it's out of fear of their abusive husbands/boyfriends.
Gtown71

United States

#280624 Jan 29, 2013
New york is trying to pass a bill to kill a baby up to just before birth, at the womans will.

Andrew qwomo "whatever his name is, is trying to get all bans lifted.
no matter what age the girl is.
No one has to know, even the parents do not have to give consent.

Its called the reproductive health bill.

Funny how they name this garbage, but the smallest person involved has no health when they get done doing what they do.
Gtown71

United States

#280625 Jan 29, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I had an abortion in 1980. Though prolifers insist that I must be lying, the pure truth is that I have never regretted my decision. This is unusual for me because I have always tended to second-guess my decisions. I made the best choice for me and my family. Just because you regret your own decision to abort your pregnancy, doesn't mean you should deny other women the right to abort. I hope you find peace, sister.
Just because your conscience has been seared with a hot iron,doesn't mean the entire public should be ok, just becouse you don't have regrets.

I geuss you would be ok with this new bill, they are trying to pass in NY?

If a girl wants an abortion while she is in labor -she can get one, if this passes. Atleast in NY.

Many states are down to only one clinic, and they are in a race to see who can claim the tittle of the first state to be abortion free.

It seems that with many it is not ok.

When I had an affair it was just as wrong as it is now.
many lives are hurt beyound repair at times becouse of this.

I now don't try and tell others it is fine, as long as you don't feel bad about it.

Plus you're not dead yet, so you may have regrets later.

Looking back you may think how it would've been ok had you had the baby. IDK, but like I've always stated forgiveness is there if you ever feel the need to want it.

God never expects someone to clean up their life, then come to Him. He wants people just the way they are /warts and all.

I pray you find the peace you need as well.
Gtown71

United States

#280626 Jan 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> Viability is irrelevant because legal or not women will terminate their own pregnancies at any stage and sometimes it's out of fear of their abusive husbands/boyfriends.
Very true! Plus people will also murder adults, steal money, and many other things, but should the country make it legal?

Used to if a man caught another man with his wife, then he could kill that man legaly.

Our country has rewarded and made legal bad things, and punish the good. Making them pay for it, and be ok with it.

“Peace be with you”

Since: Sep 09

Good will to all!

#280627 Jan 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
New york is trying to pass a bill to kill a baby up to just before birth, at the womans will.
Andrew qwomo "whatever his name is, is trying to get all bans lifted.
no matter what age the girl is.
No one has to know, even the parents do not have to give consent.
Its called the reproductive health bill.
Funny how they name this garbage, but the smallest person involved has no health when they get done doing what they do.
Utter nonsense.

"in the absence of fetal viability and at any
time when necessary to protects a female's life or health."

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/s28...

Read the bill.
Gtown71

United States

#280628 Jan 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> Viability is irrelevant because legal or not women will terminate their own pregnancies at any stage and sometimes it's out of fear of their abusive husbands/boyfriends.
It's a womans body -is what we hear, when abortion comes up.

Why have soo many been arrested for selling "their " body?

Plus the baby has 23 cromozones from the woman and 23 from the man.

It is no longer her body.

As long as it is legal, and especially if they pass the anytime for any reason bills, then it will only send a message to young women that it is ok to be risky, becouse no matter what it will be dealt with.

Many want a cure for aids, only so they can continue doing what the do.

It is all about the hearts intent.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#280629 Jan 29, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
moon, you kind of trailed off guns.....
tell me, why do banks/office buildings/the white hosue employ the use of guards with GUNS if guns do not deter criminals?
ANSWER time...
Protection from criminals because no amount of guns deter crime 100% of the time. Hell the White House has been shot up, presidents assassinated and shot at with armed guards surrounding them. Sometimes the guns are visible to the criminal too so keep that in mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min The Fact Is 50,391
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 min Da GreatDirtyWater 312,841
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 16 min FoLLoW aLoNg 9,721
last post wins! (Jun '10) 28 min mossy seaman 25,514
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Warren Wilhelm Jr 17,502
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr Unbiased Padres Fan 220
Yankees GM Brian Cashman's Wife Files for Divor... (Feb '12) 1 hr Paul Priore 46

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:24 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:24AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty