Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 340856 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Forum carlsbad nm

Lovington, NM

#280516 Jan 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, I say it because most loud-mouthed, sanctimonious fundies are hypocrites... all talk and no action. I have more than a clue, Pollyanna. I actually live in real life, not in some plastic suburban subdivision. You are completely oblivious to real life, as your clueless questioning shows us.
Kim Kardashian is really pregnant. How can women so dumb have babies?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#280517 Jan 28, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
moon, you kind of trailed off guns.....
tell me, why do banks/office buildings/the white hosue employ the use of guards with GUNS if guns do not deter criminals?
ANSWER time...
"banks"

Do banks still get robbed?

"office buildings"

Did the World Trade Center have armed guards?

"the white hosue"

Cuz Dick Cheney might be lurking in the bushes.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#280518 Jan 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again making inaccurate judgements about people.
I don't know why you have to make up fantasies about others. Does it make you feel better?
I must say, it is amusing to see the strife and acrimony in your post.
They are quite accurate. Since you obviously live in a bubble, as your constant inane questions prove, you don't know anything about it. Now, be quiet, and do something you can handle, PollyA: Your husband is out of Wonder Bread for his bologna and mayonnaise sandwich tomorrow. Be a good little wife and go to the Walmart for some before he gets home.

:-D muah!

Location hidden

#280519 Jan 28, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim Kardashian is really pregnant. How can women so dumb have babies?
Do you have any kids? Just curious...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#280520 Jan 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>They are quite accurate. Since you obviously live in a bubble, as your constant inane questions prove, you don't know anything about it. Now, be quiet, and do something you can handle, PollyA: Your husband is out of Wonder Bread for his bologna and mayonnaise sandwich tomorrow. Be a good little wife and go to the Walmart for some before he gets home.
:-D muah!
This could only come from personal experience. Do they still make wonder bread?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#280521 Jan 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I stupid?
Because only deliberately stupid folks like yourself would think you have the "ONLY" way to faith, to G-d, to heaven, when much better men than you dont know.
What answers would you give someone who wanted real hope, not just for their future here, but in the afterlife?
Depends on the situation and what kind of hope they're looking for. There are NO absolutes in life. Judaism is primarily focused on life here and now rather than on the afterlife. One can give others hope for their future without refrencing reigion believe it or not dummy.
You never answer any questions and just call folks who disagree with you names or liars, or both.
I call you a liar when you're lying - and you're lying with this comment right here. I answer questions ALL the time, your kind tends to not LIKE the answers I and others give however.
So what answers do you have if any?
About WHAT SPECIFICALLY?
Don't worry about any answers as regaurds to a young pregnant girl who needs answers, we All know what your advice to her would be.
ANd here you're lying AGAIN. You have no idea what my advice would be, mainly because I've always said that my advice would be SPECIFIC to her situation.

One piece of advice I will ALWAYS give would be to make sure she educates herself on ALL of her choices.
I know what you think of me, but why else would a guy continue to tell a story about finding God?
Because you are very insecure in your version of faith and feel a need to be validated by others.
Do you know God? If so, may I ask how?
No you may not. My relationship with my Lord is personal and private which is as it should be.
Most only know what they are taught, and many atheist will accuse ALL religious people, as nothing more than what they were raised to believe.
I've never met an athiest that ever made such a claim. I call bullshit.
Aithest don't know what to do with a story like mine, neither do religious folks, but it is true and there are others with the same kind of story.
Yes, and it was a fine story the first 35 times you posted it. Nobody cares anymore however. Most didn't care beyond the first time. You're like a little brat that isn't getting the recognition you want.

Location hidden

#280522 Jan 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This could only come from personal experience. Do they still make wonder bread?
I have no idea; I eat tortillas. Don't try to deflect, Susie Creamcheese. You know I'm right:-D

Location hidden

#280523 Jan 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Gods Word, I'm an idiot on my way to Heaven.
So you claim.
It is a bit amusing how you say I'm stupid, or lie, and all I say is nonsense, yet even if I'm not commenting to you, you find a way to post.
That would be because you're posting on a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD dear. I'm free to comment to anything I care to comment on, and that includes ridiculing your foolishness.

Now see? THIS is why I call you stupid.
You must find some value in what I say, since you spend so much time reading my post "that you say are worthless ". I geuss normaly I would put lol, but unlike you I don't really care to get an empty high five from your opposers.
Oh I see some value alright - the comic value alone is PRICELESS!! LOL!
Is there anything more to life for you and ocean "which I'm startig to believe is you ",then defending a womans right to kill her child?
You've never seen me EVER defend a woman's right to "kill her child". See, there you go LYING again.

Is there anything more to YOUR life than acting like an idiot on a messageboard?
I'm not sure who did sonething so bad to you, when you were younger, but I am sorry it has made you so vile and bitter toward real life.
ROFLMAO And you wonder why you're called a liar?

Nobody did anything 'so bad to me' and I'm certanly not vile or bitter toward real life. I venture to say I have seen more of real life from MANY different aspects than you can EVER hope to with your closed mind.

I'm certainly vile toward fools like you - extremists that are so dead set on your agendas, that you want to legislate your version of faith - never MIND that others that dont believe in your brand of bullshit are against it, you'd be perfectly cool with forcing your crap on others as law.

Bitter? Nah. Not at ALL. No reason to be. Your kind ARE your own worst enemy after all.

Location hidden

#280524 Jan 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said that someone who believes in God is an idiot. Nuff said.
CONTEXT Inkstain.
Guppy

Venice, FL

#280525 Jan 28, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a man. I have custody of my 9 year old daughter. Her mother does not pay child support because I waved it. It's my pleasure to support my daughter financially 100%.
Glad to hear you haven't shirked your responsibility.
Unusual for a man to get custody.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280526 Jan 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blaming the children for the problem instead of the real villians? Boy, they take the brunt for all the bad decisions made by the powerful.
Stay on point, Ink. Try.

"How does adding more kids to this help other people readily make food available to the needy?" OR How do you help other people readily make food available to the needy? By adding more kids?

It was originally claimed one doesn't have to feed kids to care about those kids.

Location hidden

#280527 Jan 28, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo: "That's moronic. If you bothered to do any research on the story, you'd know that NEITHER ONE of them wanted the pregnancy, and while she was afraid of him, she died because of the botched abortion."
She was SIX AND A HALF MONTHS pregnant. If neither wanted the pregnancy, they wouldn't have waited so damned long to do something about it, you nitwit. Since they did, that was mistake number one on their part, and nothing having to do with whether or not abortion was legal.
Foo: "Actually it does, and it would have for Gerri....Today, it ends the unwanted pregnancy safely and legally - and if legal and safe abortion had been available for Gerri, she'd be alive today - THATS A FACT."
No it's not a fact, bonehead, it's conjecture at best.
The reasoning you people have is moronic. You're claiming a safe and legal abortion would have saved her life, like that would have solved her problems and protected her from harm. WRONG.
IF her husband was abusive, she was in danger from him. Problem NOT solved with an abortion.
Worse, IF he ever found out about the affair or the pregnancy she aborted, she would have STILL been in danger of being killed by her abusive estranged husband and her children taken away.
She aborted out of FEAR, and that FEAR remained even if she had had a safe and legal abortion. However, an abortion at 6 1/2 months wouldn't have been allowed, even if RvW had already been in place. That baby would have been considered as viable then as it would be now.
There's nothing you've provided that substantiates your claim that she and her married lover didn't want the baby.
Gotta love how Lynnekins makes shit up as she goes along.

Sorry Lynniekins, I've heard her sister, her daugher and the man involved speak on this issue, more than once.

Just one FACT you have wrong - her family DID try to help, they gave her money to go to another state, where she was to go to Catholic Charaties FOR help. Most of the reasoning why she didn't follow up with that is dead with her, but the man she was with sheds some light on the subject in his own words. SOmething you'd know if you bohtered to do your own research and weren't so dead set on playing know it all.

I maintain, if she would have had legal and safe abortion available to her, she would be alive today, just as MILLIONS of women that have had legal safe abortions are. SHe wouldn't have waited until 6.5 months for one thing, something ELSE you'd know if you bothered to do the research you'd have NEEDED to have done to know what the fuck you're talking about. But NOOOOOOOOOOO, you'd rather talk out your behind than have KNOWN FACTS at your disposal.

ROFLMAO! You dope.

Location hidden

#280528 Jan 28, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Gerri's death was a direct result of the abortion,(no one disputes that), but legal or not is irrelevant, because at 6 1/2 months, the child was viable. That abortion happened in the first place because she FEARED her abusive husband.
Legal or not is VERY relevant, since she woudln't have waited that long if it had been legal.

You only THINK You know it all Lynniekins. In reality, you dont know shit.
Guppy

Venice, FL

#280529 Jan 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Sometimes, but mostly it's for the same reasons others give up kids, regardless of gender.
I actually agree with you on principle, that there should be a ban on foreign adoptions until at least90% of all american adoptables have forever homes.
<quoted text>
I'm glad you feel that way. It's only fair.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280530 Jan 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I presented the Born Alive Infant Protection Act the other day to correct supposed "facts" you posted. They were not your opinions.
See for yourself http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833... :
"I based my answer on the medical fact a stillborn is technically considered a fetus because it didn't take its first breath." - Katie
The preborn dies in utero after 20 weeks gestation. He/she wasn't born alive, so your interest in "first breath" is mistated.
________
"You still can't claim I am wrong. Yes, medically, fetus adjusting to life outside the womb is a process." - Katie
Yes, I can claim you're wrong. A fetus is not adjusting to the ouside world....because once born alive, he/she is "medically" a newborn baby.
________
"Legally, that magical moment of fetus becoming newborn is upon a complete birth (when baby's breathing and the cord is cut).
It is that simple." - Katiekins
As you've read in the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, you're mistaken. The law is explicit that cord being cut is irrelevant. Visible movement of voluntary muscles is enough for the little one to be considered born alive legally.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ207/...
_______
Learn how to read, comprehend what you read, and then modify your "facts" accordingly. Your ignorance is tiring. TIA.
So what? You are not disproving my opinion. Maybe my opinion is outdated. Maybe your info is bad. Maybe your info isn't the protocol used in most full term deliveries (which is what we're discussing). Maybe you're just trying to win a pissing contest. WTH knows or cares?

What I do know is your link doesn't work. No working link, no credibility.

"Error Detected - The page you requested cannot be found.

Please report this error to contactcenter@gpo.gov.

Please provide the following information to help us resolve this problem: the URL of the page you were trying to access, the steps you followed to produce the error, specific search or browse terms, and/or a screenshot of the page where the error occurred.

Thank you for your patience.

Please consider the following resources:
FDsys Home Page
GPO Home Page
GPO Site Map

GO BACK"

Location hidden

#280531 Jan 28, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
I asked, "~ Was abortion being *illegal the problem? "
You answer...
<quoted text>
More moronic logic from you.
NO, abortion being legal or not wasn't the problem, FEARING what her husband would do if he found out about her affair and pregnancy from it was the problem, you ignorant buffoon.
Actually it being legal or not WAS the problem, since she couldn't GET THE ABORTION EARLIER LEGALLY Lynne, you MORON.

Her husband wasn't even living in the state. That only became an issue when he announced a sudden and surprise visit. Failing to be able to get a legal abortion in the months prior, her hope had been to have the baby and put it up for adoption and he'd have never been the wiser.

Yes, it BECAME FEAR of her abusive husband would do if he found out that led to that last, desperate, tragic act. HAD the abortion she originally WANTED been available safe and legally, she'd be alive and nobody would know her name.

THese are FACTS Lynne.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280532 Jan 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted for you many occasions the moment medically & legally the preborn baby (fetal stage along human life spectrum) offically moves into the newborn baby stage.
It was right there for you in black and white.
Were you in special ed?
We are talking physiologically. Quit moving the goal posts in this long ago discussion that shoulda been over when I gave my answer the first time.

What is your objective here? To discredit me? To win? To prove something?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#280533 Jan 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it being legal or not WAS the problem, since she couldn't GET THE ABORTION EARLIER LEGALLY Lynne, you MORON.
Her husband wasn't even living in the state. That only became an issue when he announced a sudden and surprise visit. Failing to be able to get a legal abortion in the months prior, her hope had been to have the baby and put it up for adoption and he'd have never been the wiser.
Yes, it BECAME FEAR of her abusive husband would do if he found out that led to that last, desperate, tragic act. HAD the abortion she originally WANTED been available safe and legally, she'd be alive and nobody would know her name.
THese are FACTS Lynne.
Since when does Triple L care about facts, Foo?

Location hidden

#280534 Jan 28, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Still displaying you're an ignorant buffoon and a liar.
I've read the posts, I've even provided some, thanks to some links others left, including you, bonehead. lol
The boyfriend that punched Lynne was someone she was with after already having a child and having been married to and divorced from someone else. Obviously, she was past puberty AND a mother AND legally considered an adult, so no man she was with would be a "pedophile". Pedophiles prey on PRE-pubescent children. Fact 1 rebutting your lie.
Fact 2, if Lynne's parents didn't do anything when she was abused, YES, dimwit, they failed her, just as surely as Gerri's family failed her. If Lynne's parents didn't know (because many who are abused keep it secret because of shame), that's another thing, and not necessarily a failure there, on their part. Although if a teen of 15 gets pregnant in the 1st place, there's a failure there somewhere, by the parents.
Foo, "you have no problem making shit up to suit your agenda."
Psychological projection.^^^That's you.
ROFLMAO Isn't it cute when Lynne tries (and fails) so DESPERATLY to justify "someone ELSES" life issues?

BTW Lynne, you were NOT LEGALLY an adult when these things happened. Having a kid, getting pregnant or marrying young doesn't make one LEGALLY an adult. Age of majority was STILL 21 back then. You "murdered" FOUR "children" by the time you were 19.

Look up Jimmy Savile - the peophile, who's main victims were between 11 and 17. He was a PEDOPHILE. It has little to do with "PRE-pubescent children" and EVERYTHING to do with simply - children. YOU were a CHILD WITH A CHILD. You screwing around from the time you were 14/15 didn't make you legally an adult you moron.

Do you REALLY think you're fooling ANYONE with this crap?
Guppy

Venice, FL

#280535 Jan 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have read all of my post.
It's true, that my wife was married to two different men, yet just me.
She was a saved christian at age 11, and I was saved at 29.
I would ask her what being saved meant? She could never give me a answer that made sense to me.
I was just amazed at how much peace she had. Yet I didn't believe it had anything to do with God.
Even before I was saved I never demanded anything from her. I never asked her to cook me one meal. I was the one that cooked most of the time.
I will say we never had a dull marriage, but I'm not a very dull guy.
I loved her the best I knew how, but I just didn't know what real love was untill I met love.
God is love.
She would talk me into going to church with her ever so often, but I only went to make her happy.
I got nothing from it, and if anyone did act like they enjoyed being there,I just thought they did it for show, or they must get paid. Lol
I seriously had zero interest in going to church or reading a bible.
I was forced to go as a child, and "thought " I knew the "truth " about God.
I just assumed that there were those who were religious, and there were those like me, who knew the truth.
After I was saved -I became a brand new creature, just like the bible describes.
Which I read much later, after I was saved. It seemed like soneone had wrote a book, that told me exactly what happened to me.
Nothing or noone has ever been able to explain what happened to me.
I hd a deep desire to read the bible and attend church FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.
Having God in you is amazing, and words cannot describe what takes place.
Plus knowing others who have experienced the same thing, only in a different way.
I gave a couple of names.
Lead guitar player of korn.
Crissy Moran -former porn star.
Many others who have a solid testimony of what Jesus can do for someone here on earth, and has the power to take their soul to Heaven.
You became a brand new creature...how so?

Do you drive around with that interesting fish sticker on the back of your car?

I find it amazing that you have a man inside of you. What is that like?

Words cannot describe what take place? I wonder why?

God be with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 344,652
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 47,518
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 7 hr Dudley 7,505
jets talk back (Dec '07) 8 hr Paul Yanks 16,200
ROE Versus WADE is DEAD ! 9 hr ThomasA 5
specialized bicycle Jammed with Injuries 10 hr Juan Valdez 3
How many women enjoy anal stimulation? 10 hr prostate pounder 2

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages