Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309857 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280385 Jan 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the number of abortions it is EVERY DAY MON - FRI, not every week, although that alone would be a huge number.
As far as God, yes I went many years NOT BELIEVING in God, plus I thought all who did were just idiots.
Then one night -two weeks after I was convicted of my sinfilled life.
God woke me up, and when I yeilded to Him (HE) changed not only every action of my life, but every CORE BELIEF I has was changed.
This took place at my home at 1:30 am, around no other christians, except my sleeping wife, and nowhere near any church or preacher.
So if I was to take a lie derector test, and if my little five year olds girl would be cut in half if I said that their WAS A GOD AND MEANT IT IN MY HEART. then my little girl would die that day, becouse I simply cannot deny the undeniable.
Jesus Christ died for our sins.
God gave us free will, and for Him to step in and "make it a better " would mean He would have to violate what He Himself set in motion.
You nor I understand the concept of a contract that CANNOT BE BROKEN.
this is why the only way to heaven, is through what God says.
He will never break a contract, but us humans will and do all the time.
That is a beautiful story.
I'm happy for you.
One question - jesus christ died for our sins? How could that be? We weren't around then. I wish he would come back and die all over again. That would be cool.
Loved your story...Gives me hope.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#280386 Jan 28, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>O, yeah! I hope he doesn't do dessert wines. I don't like them.
I wouldn't be concerned if I were you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#280387 Jan 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You BECAME one of those idiots....
Nuff said.
You just said that someone who believes in God is an idiot. Nuff said.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280388 Jan 28, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
have you literally adopted a bunch of starving African children?
no? then you must not care about the issue of children starving......not ONE BIT
idiot, thats your logic used against you..........
You never answered my question from yesterday. In hiding on that one?

No, I haven't literally adopted a bunch of starving African children. I believe that all Americans should help their own starving kids first. Yes, so many kids live below the poverty line in this country. After we feed our own, then we can help others.

I see white Americans with Asian kids and I wonder what is wrong with all the American kids that need adopting? It shouldn't be allowed.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#280389 Jan 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with your last statement.
For wide is the road that leads to destruction.
Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life, and FEW be that find it.
Jesus is the narrow way.
Few be that find Him, becouse they hang on to mans tradition, even though it has never gotten them or anyone anywhere.
Keep sucking on that pipe dream of eternal life. After you die, let me know how that works out for you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#280390 Jan 28, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered my question from yesterday. In hiding on that one?
No, I haven't literally adopted a bunch of starving African children. I believe that all Americans should help their own starving kids first. Yes, so many kids live below the poverty line in this country. After we feed our own, then we can help others.
I see white Americans with Asian kids and I wonder what is wrong with all the American kids that need adopting? It shouldn't be allowed.
It's all the red tape, expensives time and legal battles involved making it cheaper and faster to go to another country where they actually want the kids to have homes.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#280391 Jan 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Think what you want, when you want and how you want.
I will do the same.
Agree to disagree. Grow up and get out. Get a life. Do something besides make a fool of yourself. It is pitiful how you go on and on and on and on without realizing how you back up what I say.
Listen Toots, you're the one claiming a stillborn is considered a fetus because it didn't "take a breath" as being a fact, and claiming that your opinion of when fetus becomes infant is at first breath and cord cut, based on that which you claim is fact when it isn't.

My post full of factual and substantiated information proves you're wrong. Only an uneducated buffoon wouldn't know why a stillborn would be considered fetus IF it's considered that medically,(definitions stated "infant" born dead), or when fetus becomes infant. That has also been proven to be the moment the child's body exists the mother's body.

Your "brain changes" stupid logic, with no proof; your "1st breath" stupid logic, with no proof; and your opinions on a hypothetical based on your own stupid logic, with no proof are what display and prove you're an ignorant buffoon. One who's trying to delude herself into believing she's superior in intelligence, which nothing you post has proven. It's proven the opposite. You don't even have the intelligence to understand WHY your logic is stupid.

Stillborns are fetuses that died in utero.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280392 Jan 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like your parents, who claimed to love you, failed you when your abusive pedophile boyfriend punched your twins into the toilet?
Again, you dont know SHIT Lynniekins, but you have no problem making shit up to suit your agenda.
Still displaying you're an ignorant buffoon and a liar.

I've read the posts, I've even provided some, thanks to some links others left, including you, bonehead. lol

The boyfriend that punched Lynne was someone she was with after already having a child and having been married to and divorced from someone else. Obviously, she was past puberty AND a mother AND legally considered an adult, so no man she was with would be a "pedophile". Pedophiles prey on PRE-pubescent children. Fact 1 rebutting your lie.

Fact 2, if Lynne's parents didn't do anything when she was abused, YES, dimwit, they failed her, just as surely as Gerri's family failed her. If Lynne's parents didn't know (because many who are abused keep it secret because of shame), that's another thing, and not necessarily a failure there, on their part. Although if a teen of 15 gets pregnant in the 1st place, there's a failure there somewhere, by the parents.

Foo, "you have no problem making shit up to suit your agenda."

Psychological projection.^^^That's you.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280393 Jan 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's moronic. If you bothered to do any research on the story, you'd know that NEITHER ONE of them wanted the pregnancy, and while she was afraid of him, she died because of the botched abortion.
<quoted text>
Actually it does, and it would have for Gerri.
Today, it ends the unwanted pregnancy safely and legally - and if legal and safe abortion had been available for Gerri, she'd be alive today - THATS A FACT.
You're REALLY very stupid Lynniekins.
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO Lynne WHO do you think you're kidding??? The ONLY twisting being done here is by you. I'd say her family knows more than you do about this (I KNOW what a concept huh?), and in FACT they discuss this issue in the documentary - and as usual, you're wrong about all of it. Her sister discusses it in her talks as well.
Foo: "That's moronic. If you bothered to do any research on the story, you'd know that NEITHER ONE of them wanted the pregnancy, and while she was afraid of him, she died because of the botched abortion."

She was SIX AND A HALF MONTHS pregnant. If neither wanted the pregnancy, they wouldn't have waited so damned long to do something about it, you nitwit. Since they did, that was mistake number one on their part, and nothing having to do with whether or not abortion was legal.

Foo: "Actually it does, and it would have for Gerri....Today, it ends the unwanted pregnancy safely and legally - and if legal and safe abortion had been available for Gerri, she'd be alive today - THATS A FACT."

No it's not a fact, bonehead, it's conjecture at best.

The reasoning you people have is moronic. You're claiming a safe and legal abortion would have saved her life, like that would have solved her problems and protected her from harm. WRONG.
IF her husband was abusive, she was in danger from him. Problem NOT solved with an abortion.

Worse, IF he ever found out about the affair or the pregnancy she aborted, she would have STILL been in danger of being killed by her abusive estranged husband and her children taken away.

She aborted out of FEAR, and that FEAR remained even if she had had a safe and legal abortion. However, an abortion at 6 1/2 months wouldn't have been allowed, even if RvW had already been in place. That baby would have been considered as viable then as it would be now.

There's nothing you've provided that substantiates your claim that she and her married lover didn't want the baby.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280394 Jan 28, 2013
Gerri's death was a direct result of the abortion, (no one disputes that), but legal or not is irrelevant, because at 6 1/2 months, the child was viable. That abortion happened in the first place because she FEARED her abusive husband.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#280395 Jan 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all the red tape, expensives time and legal battles involved making it cheaper and faster to go to another country where they actually want the kids to have homes.
It is a little frightening that these Asian people just give over their kids (girls?) to strangers and have no idea what kind of a home it's going to.
Don't know what the difference would be in money - between China and the U.S. Do you? Would be interested to know..

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280396 Jan 28, 2013
I asked, "~ Was abortion being *illegal the problem? "

You answer...
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
For Gerri, who was SO determined to abort she was willing to do it the way she did rather than gestate?
Yes. It was the LAST problem she ever had. Other problems let up to it, but IF it had been safe and legal, she'd be alive today and nobody would know her name.
More moronic logic from you.

NO, abortion being legal or not wasn't the problem, FEARING what her husband would do if he found out about her affair and pregnancy from it was the problem, you ignorant buffoon. If she didn't have that fear, chances are she would NOT have aborted. Your claim that she and her boyfriend didn't want the baby, has not been proven, and telling us to research it isn't proof. I've done the reading, and it's from the PC camp.

You people are so mentally immature that your brain can't reason like that of adults. You can't recognize a problem at its root, and can't see the logical solution to a problem. You also don't understand how temporary actions don't deal with problems, they just postpone dealing with problems.

The problem was [fear of her estranged husband). The solution would lie in helping her remove that fear in her life, NOT helping her abort her viable child.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#280397 Jan 28, 2013
Guys, quit fighting

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280398 Jan 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE her story is being used to support abortion rights Lynne. Because she died becasue legal safe abortion wasn't avaiable TO her.
You have NO idea what her sister, OR her mother did or didn't do and why Lynne. Because its not discussed in the two websites you went to.
Nobody did ANYTHING in their power to protect YOU Lynne, so who are YOU to judge them WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEY DID. You're just making shit up about this as you go along.
Foo: "Of COURSE her story is being used to support abortion rights Lynne. Because she died becasue legal safe abortion wasn't avaiable TO her."

There's no Lynne posting here and your beliefs won't make it so. lol

No, she died because she was afraid of what her estranged husband would do, and chose something she THOUGHT would protect her from his wrath for awhile. That's the root CAUSE of her death. The manner with which she died is the abortion.

Foo:"You have NO idea what her sister, OR her mother did or didn't do and why... Because its not discussed in the two websites you went to."

You haven't provided anything and I don't care what her pro-CHOICE sister and mother did or didn't do or why. They were pro-choice before Gerri died, and have used her since for their own agenda. If they didn't know Gerri's husband was abusive, or that she was having an affair with a married man and pregnant with his child, they can't be faulted for failing her, because they didn't know. If they did know, they failed her miserably, and no excuse they could state would that untrue.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280399 Jan 28, 2013
Foo: "Nobody did ANYTHING in their power to protect YOU Lynne, so who are YOU to judge them WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEY DID. You're just making shit up about this as you go along. "

Lynne's parents DID fail her, you ignorant buffoon. She became pregnant at 15. Hello?
It was posted by her that her father was abusive, would she tell him she was being abused by someone else? That doesn't make sense.

Lynne would have a right to judge people like Gerri's mother and sister, just as surely as any other abused person who was failed by loved ones.

Lynne would have MORE right to judge Gerri's sister and mother for failing Gerri, than you do judging Lynne. She walked in those steps of abuse Gerri walked. You didn't walk in Lynne's steps.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280400 Jan 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Yes it IS pitiful isn't it? Lynne's (sic) a fool.
Nothing pitiful about proving you people are liars and mind bogglingly ignorant buffoons.

The fools are you PC who think intelligent people aren't wiping the floor with your arguments.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280401 Jan 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I've decided to answer her with, "whatever you say dear" each and every time. Then I won't be feeding any war she gorges herself on.
LOL, another line of stupid logic coming from you.

What you don't get is; your responses to {me} are meaningless. What you post to anyone else can and will be proven to be ridiculous, whether or not you reply to my posts.

You're better off not replying at all, because you're problem is what you post here. Not what anyone replies to it.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280402 Jan 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Their interest in this long ago hypothetical question/answer is beyond creepy. They don't want to learn or philosophize or anything. They just want to win. At any cost.
LOL. There's nothing to learn from an ignorant buffon like you. Your logic is stupid, your reasoning is flawed and you base everything you think on delusion.

Everything you think and believe is based on delusion. You're a nut case.
worships reality

United States

#280403 Jan 28, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep sucking on that pipe dream of eternal life. After you die, let me know how that works out for you.
is johnny cakes full of you?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#280404 Jan 28, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that Klueless Katiekins doesn't even know what a stillbirth is.
She is wrong day after day.
She returns in hopes that one day she'll redeem her stupidity.
I know her kind: Her narcissism puffs her confidence up in her abilities. Sadly, she doesn't have the goods to back it up.
Although it makes it enjoyable for us to constantly point out how klueless Katiekins is, her ignorance gets old....especially when it relates to killing innocents.
:sigh:
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 18 min 40ish 10,021
Secretive, calculating sly Hillary Clinton 20 min Oh boy 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min As reported 53,472
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 48 min Net Workit 11,404
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 316,347
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr Paul Yanks 35,746
News No evidence placing Hillary at murder scene, po... 4 hr Racism not factor 11
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]