Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313390 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#279622 Jan 24, 2013
Let's presume for argument's sake that the fetus has the same rights as born people. Wouldn't that mean it doesn't have the right to use someone's body against their will? After all, such a thing would be counted as slavery.

I find it interesting in a disturbing way, how quickly the "prolife" side willingly compromises the civil rights of females.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

#279623 Jan 24, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Hey y'all
I have another inane idea to pose to you PCers:
The next time you get in a heated agrument with your child/ren and you just want the agrument to end, you should say:
"I am sick and tired of agruing with you. You got a real bad attitude lately! You little brat, you're lucky to be here ya know...that's right...I could have aborted you if I had wanted too. Don't roll your eyes...we women have the right and the power to abort whoever we want and I could very easily have aborted you. Just remember that! Now go to your room!"
Why would anyone say such a thing?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279624 Jan 24, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Hey y'all
I have another inane idea to pose to you PCers:
The next time you get in a heated agrument with your child/ren and you just want the agrument to end, you should say:
"I am sick and tired of agruing with you. You got a real bad attitude lately! You little brat, you're lucky to be here ya know...that's right...I could have aborted you if I had wanted too. Don't roll your eyes...we women have the right and the power to abort whoever we want and I could very easily have aborted you. Just remember that! Now go to your room!"
You're right, that was inane.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#279625 Jan 24, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlsbad schools are thinking of adding the bible to their
curriculum.
They're going to teach mythology?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279626 Jan 24, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Many women still abort today out of fear , desperation, etc....
What has making abortion legal done to change that?
Women still die. Women are scarred emotionally and physically.
Her baby always dies.
The woman kills her conscience and is left to bear the guilt of her crime against humaniity.
Yeah...we've come a LONG way baaaaaby!.@@
Women can welcome or reject pregnancy, per Roe v Wade. If there's an issue with residual guilt or any other negative impact following the woman's decision to welcome or reject pregnancy needs to be dealt with in the best way possible for the woman and her family.

It is encompassing, JM, not myopic.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#279628 Jan 24, 2013
Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone say such a thing?
Why? What's wrong with it?

Please give me a better answer than 'it just is'.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#279629 Jan 24, 2013
Leonine wrote:
Let's presume for argument's sake that the fetus has the same rights as born people. Wouldn't that mean it doesn't have the right to use someone's body against their will? After all, such a thing would be counted as slavery.
I find it interesting in a disturbing way, how quickly the "prolife" side willingly compromises the civil rights of females.
LeoInane: "Let's presume for argument's sake that the fetus has the same rights as born people. Wouldn't that mean it doesn't have the right to use someone's body against their will? After all, such a thing would be counted as slavery."

Did your mom not explain to you what pregnancy is? It is how mankind was created to procreate. It's not a disease.

Glad I could help.

Caring.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#279631 Jan 24, 2013
Leonine wrote:
It wasn't the fetus's choice to come into existance. The woman choose to have sex and in doing so she brought that fetus into existance.

The fetus then cannot be held responsible for forcing anything upon the woman, so it cannot be counted as 'slavery'.

Also, female fetuses are females waiting to be born. Why are you against these particular females in the womb not getting any rights?

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#279632 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Women can welcome or reject pregnancy, per Roe v Wade. If there's an issue with residual guilt or any other negative impact following the woman's decision to welcome or reject pregnancy needs to be dealt with in the best way possible for the woman and her family.
Women can also reject pregnancy by not having sex.

Just saying.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#279633 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"You see, even after a preborn baby goes through the stage of in utero to birth, you still consider him/her a fetus (for up to 48 hours)."
Even in regard to that hypothetical question asked and answered a year or so ago, I have not claimed baby was still a fetus for 48hrs. I have claimed it takes the newborn to awaken after delivery, after being in the equivalent of anesthesia during its development. You're a crooked little basement boy, BB.
Now you add lying to your evasion of the CO Catholics claiming those fetal twins were not persons.
Not looking good for NR today. No siree.
Katie: "I have not claimed baby was still a fetus for 48hrs."
_________

Psst....here's what you claimed in YOUR OWN WORDS:

"There is no 'exact moment' as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth.The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#279634 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, some of us already incorporated all that info where it became part of the big picture.
Women had very limited civil rights prior to Roe v Wade. Women DID FEAR their husbands (even after separating from them). Women DID FEAR choosing an abortion would mean death because these weren't safe, regulated, medical procedures. But that the abortion was *still* determined to be the right decision for that individual pregnant woman meant it literally was life or death.
Thank goodness for legal abortion. Since it's performed earlier and earlier, American women won't have to be subjected to those archaic FEARS anymore.
Abortion, whether now or before 1973, has always been a choice for a woman. The women who died from illegal and unsafe abortions put themselves in those risky situations by choice.

No woman has ever had to have an abortion. Case in point, I have never heard of a situation in which a woman choose not to get an abortion and then immediately burst into flames or exploded.

The better and safer choice has always been to have the baby and then put it up for adoption.
Ocean56

AOL

#279635 Jan 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
They are the ones that must pay for their bad choices, and they are the ones that get to reap from their good choices.
When you want me to be ok with it being legal in my country, and you want me to be ok with the gov. Taking money out of my wallet and investing it in pp, then no.I'm not.
Women who don't wish to be a mother, need not get pregnant.
After they are pregnant, it is to late.
No, GT, I couldn't care LESS if you are okay with abortion being legal or not, or if you don't like Planned Parenthood. Once again, your being "okay" with something or not is IRRELEVANT, especially to any woman who doesn't want to stay pregnant.

Any woman who doesn't wish to be a mother doesn't HAVE to stay pregnant and give birth against her will. ALL birth control methods can and DO fail at times, so unwanted pregnancies still happen. When it does, the ONLY person who makes the decision to continue it or not is the WOMAN who is pregnant. Don't like it? Too bad, dude, it ISN'T your call to make.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279636 Jan 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm...interesting you should say that. Tell that to honeyfoofoo next time she decides to link Gerris naked, bloody photo.

What's interesting also is ghe fact that you women don't seem to care about the same women after the abortion is over with the guilt or negative experiences. So pro woman.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#279637 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, GT, I couldn't care LESS if you are okay with abortion being legal or not, or if you don't like Planned Parenthood. Once again, your being "okay" with something or not is IRRELEVANT, especially to any woman who doesn't want to stay pregnant.
Any woman who doesn't wish to be a mother doesn't HAVE to stay pregnant and give birth against her will. ALL birth control methods can and DO fail at times, so unwanted pregnancies still happen. When it does, the ONLY person who makes the decision to continue it or not is the WOMAN who is pregnant. Don't like it? Too bad, dude, it ISN'T your call to make.
If I want to get drunk, I'll go to a bar. Its my call to make.

If I then want to drink home drunk, I'll do it because its my call to make.

When I hit someone in a head-on collision, people will probably die.

If I survived the crash and I find myself sitting in prison serving out a life sentence, I will probably spend time wishing that someone tried to stop me from getting drunk even though it was my call to make.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#279638 Jan 24, 2013
I meant to say 'drive home drunk'
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#279639 Jan 24, 2013
Leonine wrote:
Do you support a womans right to electively abort throughout the entire 9 months? Or do you like most of your fellow proaborts support restrictions(aka compromising).

Kthanks.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279640 Jan 24, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "I have not claimed baby was still a fetus for 48hrs."
_________
Psst....here's what you claimed in YOUR OWN WORDS:
"There is no 'exact moment' as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth.The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." - Katie
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833 ...
That does not say the baby is a fetus. It says "The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." It's an explanation of the 24-48hr process. It's in two different sentences, NR, but surely you can see the point made. No, I guess not. You guys want to believe there's a magic moment fetus becomes, go for it. But if you're going to ask me questions about my opinions, don't continue to claim these are wrong when they're based on medical science. Your beliefs are based on emotions. If anyone's wrong here, it'd be you.

(still not a peep on those CO Catholics claiming fetus isn't a person)
Gtown71

United States

#279641 Jan 24, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes birth control can fail, but very very rare.

Most "if used properly " have a huge success rate.

Again you are using a very rare example to justify a very common thing.

Like rape, incest, life of mother are very rare cases, that are pushed to the front lines,although they account for very few abortions.

The overwhelming reason for so many babies being aborted is bad choices and risky behaivor.

Instead of "real " help, we are sending young women a message of being ok with bad behavior.

It doesn't help them.

Plus it sends a message to all young men who are involved a message as well.

Young men also want freedom to go to the coffee shop with friends, and finish school, and be better prepared for raising a child.

To say those young men should've just not had sex or used protection, is no different then what the young women should've did.

Get it? No ofcourse you don't.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279642 Jan 24, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion, whether now or before 1973, has always been a choice for a woman. The women who died from illegal and unsafe abortions put themselves in those risky situations by choice.
And now women don't *have* to put themselves in those risky situations.
No woman has ever had to have an abortion. Case in point, I have never heard of a situation in which a woman choose not to get an abortion and then immediately burst into flames or exploded.
That's your reasoning on why "No woman has ever had to have an abortion,"? Because she hasn't "burst into flames or exploded,"?

How about this perspective: Now women can accept or reject pregnancy safely and legally.
The better and safer choice has always been to have the baby and then put it up for adoption.
Your opinion, nothing more.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#279643 Jan 24, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmmm...interesting you should say that. Tell that to honeyfoofoo next time she decides to link Gerris naked, bloody photo.
What's interesting also is ghe fact that you women don't seem to care about the same women after the abortion is over with the guilt or negative experiences. So pro woman.
What do you want done for those women aside from a referral to a good psychologist, family counselor, maybe even a full-blown psychiatrist?

Most likely your church dogma helped navigate her way into a tailspin with its misapplied guilt and ill logic that blames women and holds them responsible for everything negative under the sun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reasons to cheer For President Obama One, Two..... (Apr '12) 12 min TMshyster 1,308
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 24 min EL NEMO the Brill... 2,370
Why do FOX News woman dress like hookers (Jul '15) 34 min DON DOE ROCK 243
Time to go? (Jun '15) 38 min southern at heart 13,064
Knicks talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr Ricky D 6,615
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Rshermr 63,403
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 16,031

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages