Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309952 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#279276 Jan 23, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its a fair question to ask as to why women, both young and old, are not well informed in this day and age, especially with access to all the medical websites that now exist.
Websites, seriously? Would you have your teenager google pro life sites to get informed or Planned Parenthood? WebMD I bet lol. I think this is a fair question?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279277 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Or to delay the necessity of unwanted surgery for degenerative disc disease. I love my MT.
I have yet to meet one who doesn't love what they do. There's something very satisfying about helping people with their health :)

Location hidden

#279278 Jan 23, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
What right did women have in making abortion a legal choice?
Why should having the right to kill off people you don't want in your life be something worth fighting for?
Equal.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#279280 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But you can only 'choose' to a point. Why do you think that you can't 'choose' to do what you want with your own body after 24 weeks?
Because SCOTUS determined that the states can, if they choose, place limits after a certain point in the pregnancy.

You DO realize that not all states do, right? And that in those that do, the choice is STILL the woman's under various conditions, right?

And WHAT has that to do with the point anyway, Witless? RvW can hardly be considered "Sharia Law".

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#279281 Jan 23, 2013
Herod died in 4BC--that's 4 years before christ was supposedly born.

You think the bible is historically accurate? You WILL believe anything.
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>You are demonic. You evidently don't know , you thought Herod died before Christ was born, you don't know , face it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279282 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Why would I?
The convenience. The lack of risk to the mother's health.
The lack of lost wages. The lack of morning sickness. The lack of emotional attachment if you do decide to pull the plug. No having getting rid of the 'baby fat'. No discomfort to the woman at all not even labor pains.

Indianapolis

#279283 Jan 23, 2013
The difference is that those kids died for no other reason than to cover up your god's kid. It's not like he never intervened/interfered with things before.

In the first trimester, the "heart" is just a tube; you really think it has a four-chambered, true heart? I guess "abortion stops a throbbing tube" isn't melodramatic enough.

Most people are fine with removing unwanted organisms from the body; tapeworms are more fully-developed than 1st-trimester fetuses.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like God let all those kids die for no reason at the school awhile back?
You do understand free will right?
For God to step in and force a person to do other then they intend on doing, would no longer be free will.
As far as my other post. I'm not talking about citizens. I'm talking about how people don't seem to mind taking a human heart and stopping it.
Yet some of the same people love groups like PETA that fight over doing the same thing to panda bears and other animals.
Yet I geuss they value humans less than a animal.
Some on here even less then that.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279284 Jan 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Herod died in 4BC--that's 4 years before christ was supposedly born.
You think the bible is historically accurate? You WILL believe anything.
<quoted text>
That was 4 years before Christ was born? When do you think Christ was born?
Gtown71

United States

#279285 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's just histrionic malarkey. What we want is forced women to keep the right that they rightfully have to make autonomous decisions regarding their pregnancies. That's why it's called the Right to Choose. That's as far from sharia law as we can get.
:
For who? Again if the timing is bad, if the woman "just decides " then the little human who may grow up to be who knows what in life is put to death.

Men can take the woman and cut their head off in some places for very little reasons.

Here women can take their babies in and have their head cut off, for very little reason.

When is anyone "normal people " fully prepared to handle all that comes with a child?

Some women live with regret, becouse they had kids,although someone like me just can't understand that. I love my daughter sooo much!

Perhaps if I would have had her, when I was younger, I would have thought differently? Idk

Some women regret having an abortion, even if other women do not, or can't understand how.

The goal should be educating young women about the pros and cons of having kids.
Yet they need even more education on pregnancy.
When is anyone held accountable anymore?
We try and "fix " bad behavior, but history tells us, the behavior simply goes on.
A baby does restrict young women, but I personaly know some young girls who are thankfull they have had a baby.
the baby saved their life.

The numbers should be going down, if pp are doing anything at all worth while.

If any business doesn't start seeing better results, then they are shut down.

Pp don't have to show better results -they get their money anyway.

Pp cares only for the position they hold, and the money to keep flowing in.

Even if women feel they should have abortions, then they should atleast be held accountable to pay for "their " own abortion.

There are illegal abortions happening now, and are just as safe as the legal ones.

When laws validate our behaviors, it makes us feel better about what we do.
The more people that say it is ok, the better we feel.

Indianapolis

#279286 Jan 23, 2013
It's getting hot in here...
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Or to help correct your functional Scoliosis, to break up scar tissue around your knee surgery site, or to relieve your Sciatica, exactly.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279287 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Because SCOTUS determined that the states can, if they choose, place limits after a certain point in the pregnancy.
You DO realize that not all states do, right? And that in those that do, the choice is STILL the woman's under various conditions, right?
And WHAT has that to do with the point anyway, Witless? RvW can hardly be considered "Sharia Law".
My question to her was, why do you think there are restrictions put on a woman's 'right to choose'. If you want to answer, then you tell me why it was neccessary?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#279288 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The convenience. The lack of risk to the mother's health.
The lack of lost wages. The lack of morning sickness. The lack of emotional attachment if you do decide to pull the plug. No having getting rid of the 'baby fat'. No discomfort to the woman at all not even labor pains.
I'm sorry pregnancy was so awful for you, but I loved being pregnant.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#279289 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My question to her was, why do you think there are restrictions put on a woman's 'right to choose'. If you want to answer, then you tell me why it was neccessary?
Your question said nothing about "necessary". You simply asked why. I did answer.

To answer your NEW question, because SCOTUS determined it was the most constitutional solution.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#279290 Jan 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's getting hot in here...
<quoted text>
LOL!
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279293 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry pregnancy was so awful for you, but I loved being pregnant.
That's a stupid comment. Silly me to expect anything else.

Indianapolis

#279294 Jan 23, 2013
BS. People in biblical times believed life began at birth--the first breath. Your god had no problem killing babies, you liar. He told the isrealites to kill every living thing in cities they conquered, in one case specifically telling them to rip open the bellies of pregnant women. It says to dash your baby's head against the rocks. There were children in sodom and gomorrah, as well as pregnant women--just as there were during the great flood. He killed the first-born of egypt, including children. Your god is absolutely thrilled when babies die, evidently.
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> The Fifth Commandment states,“You shall not kill.” The literal translation of this commandment forbids murder. This is not about a prohibition on killing cattle for food or on killing bugs for our safety. Nor is it an absolute prohibition on repelling an aggressor. The commandment means that we do not have authority to murder the innocent. Babies are always in that category. The commandment against directly, deliberately killing a baby or any other innocent person is absolute. When one has an abortion, and support abortion, they are spitting in God's Eye. May God have mercy on their souls.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279295 Jan 23, 2013
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>If Herod died before Christ was born, then you are saying the slaughter of the innocents didn't happen? You know what that was? Herod had all infants that were male up to two years of aged slaughtered because he heard the Messiah was born. Your nuts , completely nuts. Go and take a class on the bible .
I think he is reading the pagan version of the bible.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279296 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question said nothing about "necessary". You simply asked why. I did answer.
To answer your NEW question, because SCOTUS determined it was the most constitutional solution.
So why was that seen as the "most constitutional solution"?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#279297 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid comment. Silly me to expect anything else.
Nah, it was your question that was silly.

Location hidden

#279298 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do.
Pregnant girls want to know their options and are sold an abortion.
They are told they blob can be removed.
The blob is a human.
When others have seen what the baby does during an abortion and walks away no longer believing it is a blob, that should tell you.
These are doctors who have a valid opinion.
They have seen the baby "not a blob " -kicking and trying to get away from the death tool.
They see the babies heart rate increase greatly as the babies is fighting for its life.
Perhaps it truly is as bad as some say. I say it is.
That means bad news for folks if God is real. I say He is.
The "good news " is how He made a way to escape what is to come.
Gtown, when women miscarry, they (the pregnant woman) often refer to it as a blood clot, tissue, a ball of tissue. "Went to the ER around 9 after passing a ball of tissue". What is your point? So what IF in fact doctors call it a blob, hell the mothers don't always refer to it as having lost a baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Announcing the Apple wedding ring 6 min Tech Guru Person 2
Marco Rubio - President of the USA - 2016 15 min Tony 70
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 38 min jimi-yank 316,584
News Service for Oak Beach Inn owner (Dec '07) 58 min stacy 188
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr Just Saying 4,142
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Just Saying 19,188
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr factcheck 53,510
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]