Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,990
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ocean56

AOL

#279222 Jan 23, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Young people are impressionable. If you can implant the idea into the minds of young women that motherhood is nothing but hardships than this will implant the idea that motherhood is a bad thing.
So you would prefer that people LIE to women about motherhood and deliberately keep the hardships it involves from them, I suppose. Sorry, sparky (not really), I'm not going to do that just to make anti-choice imbeciles like you happy.

IMO girls and women need to make an INFORMED decision about motherhood, and they can't make an informed choice when they don't know ALL the facts.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#279223 Jan 23, 2013
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Your conscience is bothering you soooooo much your sweatin' bullits.
ROFLMAO I hope that's a nice fantasy for ya Knutbar! LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#279224 Jan 23, 2013
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>You need to know something... NO ONE LIKES Mahoney, not even the Pope, Mahoney is not welcomed anywhere. Mahoney gets what he deserves.
I'm sure. He made a good sacrifical lamb for the RCC. Toss his ass to the wind and claim denial.
Ocean56

AOL

#279225 Jan 23, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
There are some things in life you should do despite the risks involved and having children is one of them.
That's not YOUR call to make, goofy, and this is the kind of PRESSURE of girls/women I was talking about earlier.

Contrary to your BACKWARD belief that "having children is something you should do," girls and women DO need to have ALL the facts about motherhood so they can make an INFORMED choice. Otherwise, they make the decision in ignorance, which is never a desirable outcome.
Ocean56

AOL

#279226 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Why, when your side does nothing BUT point out the good things? Given your...ahem....."logic "....THEY should also be pointing out the hardships, right? Then why aren't you fussing about it to them as well?
Exactly, Bitner. The anti-choice crowd want girls and women to know ONLY the good things about motherhood, not the hardships of it. Because, according to their "logic," if girls/women know "too much" about these hardships, some or even many of them might decide never to be mothers at all.

Wouldn't THAT be anathema to the backward-thinking idiots who think women are good for ONE thing only; reproduction.

Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279228 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
".You are not involved in any of this" - so b/c im not a woman im not entitled to at least TALK/debate about it? BS...
"cares what anyone's opinion of the baby" - actually they DO, MILLIONS of us who believe its a person BEFORE birth not just when the last foot passes the vaginal canal......
"Why are you asking me?" - i told you, b/c i want to know why/how nuts like you can believe it isnt a person until birth, or worse, once its FULLY birthed
so, 3/4ths born, PERSON or NOT???
It isn't about how "nuts like you can believe it isn't a person until birth". It's about how our laws are applied to a ZEF before and after birth.

After a complete birth, baby has personhood and civil rights. I don't make up the rules. So my opinion of it doesn't matter one iota. You wanna talk about it to someone, and create some involvement through conversation, talk to someone else. I am not interested in this.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#279229 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
There, TRASH………happy? still wanna claim you NEVER SAID these things?
p. 13091, post 278220
“See above post about how you are no longer going to be able to purchase your favorite phallac symbol, tiny.”
p.13084, post 278062
“people want to own weapons of mass destruction and corporations want to get rich selling them. It can not be allowed to continue.”
p. 13091, post 278218
“you keep all that in mind while we ban your guns and ammo, Princess.
p. 13082, post 278030
“Again, delusions of grandeur, and straw men aside, watch as your guns of mass destruction are banned”
p. 13082, post 278032
“Say bye bye to the semi automatics and high capacity clips, dummy”
And my personal favorite, in response to my THREE paragraph “non argument,” Chicky’s ONLY response was:
“Yeah, again, nonsense and straw men aside, watch as we ban your murder weapons.”
p. 13081, post 278014
Should I repost this to each individual liberal friend of yours on here? I think I might…..turd &#61514;
None of this means working to remove your civil right to bear arms. It's involving semi-automatic weapons. We don't have a right to bear semi-automatic weapons.

Unlike you who IS working to remove women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.

Hypocrite.
Ocean56

AOL

#279230 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
You're welcome, Ocean. It is a myth that "mothers never regret having their children" I agree. And personal anecdotes aside, I have observed many mothers exasperated by the sheer hard work involved, the sense of betrayal of not being given a full picture of mothering/parenting.
Yep. After reading that "mothers never regret having their children" MYTH from yet another anti-choicer, I decided to do a little online research. So I went to Google and typed in "women who regret becoming mothers."

There were quite a few sites with stories of many women who wish they had never become mothers in the first place and want their old life -- the life they had BEFORE having kids -- back. Many of them wrote that if they HAD known exactly how hard motherhood was, they would have made the childfree choice instead and would have made sure they never got pregnant at all.

I think one reason why many girls/women didn't know all the hard facts about motherhood before having a baby is because they relied on the wrong people to provide accurate information; the family members, who DIDN'T want them to know. As I said before, I think the practice of keeping girls/women ignorant of the hardships of motherhood is a bad practice that needs to change. So I'll do what I can to change it. Whether the anti-choice imbeciles approve of my doing that or not is irrelevant.

Ocean56

AOL

#279231 Jan 23, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
You PCers should encourage every young girl/women to try to raise a baby if/when she gets pregnant. They should never be encouraged to 'wimp out' and get an abortion if/when they get pregnant.
Awwwwwww, it must be so tough for you, dude, knowing you have NO power or authority to dictate what prochoicers "should" and "should not" say or do. Too bad for you, you DON'T have it.

Personally, I prefer that girls/women know ALL the facts about motherhood long before a pregnancy even happens. Unfortunately, no contraceptive method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, so even if a girl/woman is on birth control, there is still a small possibility that an unwanted pregnancy can occur.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#279232 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure. He made a good sacrifical lamb for the RCC. Toss his ass to the wind and claim denial.
Eenie meenie mienie moe, which one of our scummy priests will go...
Ocean56

AOL

#279233 Jan 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
You're not only not reading her right, your reading comprehension is for shit.
So true! The guy's hopelessly STUCK IN THE PAST, by at least a few decades if not two whole centuries. In the 19th century, the conservative guys didn't want girls educated beyond a certain level. In the beginning of the 19th century, I believe ALL colleges were closed to women students.

That was the time when many people really believed in the idiocy of the "woman's sphere," the "cult of true womanhood," and other such nonsense. This moron's "thinking" is right along those lines, judging from the idiocy of his posts.
Ocean56

AOL

#279234 Jan 23, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
Of course you will. You are on a mission. You had a negative experience with pregnancy and motherhood. That's YOU. Speak for yourself, not as a fact.
WHERE did I say I had a negative experience with motherhood, sASSy? I'll tell you; NOWHERE. So that's another LIE you keep spewing because you don't like my saying that motherhood involves a lot of HARDSHIPS, something you obviously DON'T want girls/women to know about. You've demonstrated many times that you have no problem LYING about prochoicers who say things YOU don't like or approve of. This is just another such occasion.

The way I see it, girls and women NEED to know about these hardships, which ALL parents know about by the way, so they can make an INFORMED decision about motherhood rather than making it in ignorance and then deeply REGRET becoming mothers later. YOU prefer that they remain in ignorance. I'm not interested in your preferences, so I'll go on raising those facts as often as I think necessary. Deal with it.

Atrisco Village

#279235 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't about how "nuts like you can believe it isn't a person until birth". It's about how our laws are applied to a ZEF before and after birth.
After a complete birth, baby has personhood and civil rights. I don't make up the rules. So my opinion of it doesn't matter one iota. You wanna talk about it to someone, and create some involvement through conversation, talk to someone else. I am not interested in this.
lol. That's how fundies work... you state the truth as science or as law defines and they blame you for it's existence. How dare you.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#279236 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I take credit for when I mess up.
You telling someone how a christian is suppose to be is really an oximoron.
How would you know anything about the heart of a child of God, when you clearly don't have one.
You still have the same heart, like I had, before God changed it.
Typical christard judgement. You're lower than scum.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#279237 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The One true God has always been and always will be.
He chose to call His only begotten son (God the son) Jesus.
Unprovable garbage.

Atrisco Village

#279239 Jan 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical christard judgement. You're lower than scum.
That's kind of harsh. I don't think he's scum. I think he's dumb... quite dumb.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#279241 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe women should be as free as men to govern their own bodies. I believe women should be the ones determining how to handle a pregnancy, especially if it is unwanted/unhealthy. I do not believe individual women's pregnancy should be decided by the gov't, the clergy, or nosy parkers like you.
My opinion of the ZEF doesn't matter when it is not my pregnancy.
And you have every right to believe as you do. By the same token, prolifers have the right to believe as they do. People had the right to fight for R v W, and people have the right to fight to get it overturned. This IS a great country.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#279242 Jan 23, 2013
She did not say it was dead until it was born. If you had a "normal mind", you would understand what she said.

The bible may or may not condone abortion, but it certainly doesn't condemn it.

Believe it or not, there have been disagreements about biblical texts before, basically because it's such a badly-written, badly-translated book.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll second the motion. She said until it was fully born it was dead. I truly believe the more these people say this the more they believe it. You cannot make your stuff up. It is mind blowing to a normal mind that is.:)
Plus On top of all the people On here that gang up on you like dogs. I've got a guy that says he's a Christian That is trying to say numbers chapter 5 is about God condoning abortion. It truly is a messed up world. They call good evil and evil good. All I can say is thank God for His mercy and His grace.

Indianapolis

#279246 Jan 23, 2013
Then it is ot. Humans are born; one does not become a member of a species until one is born. That goes for anything from cats to people.

It's not even relevant. No born human can force another party to sustain its life against that party's will. You want to grant fetuses--which have no rights at all--rights that even citizens do not have.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I realize they are not citizens but all the humans?
We can split hairs all day long but abortion is either the killing of a human ,or it is not.

Indianapolis

#279247 Jan 23, 2013
Yeah, the re-election of an AA president has NOTHING to do with MLK's work? And make no mistake; in king's time, obama would have been considered black.
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
right on Gtown........they scare me, their mindset/ideology anyway..........reminds me of how much my liberal friends on fb were Obamagasming yesterday........
MLK day AND Obama re-elected! ughhhhhh as if one has ANYTHING to do with the other

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 7 min Younohoo 226
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 10 min FoLLoW aLoNg 9,735
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Mothra 50,421
last post wins! (Jun '10) 19 min mossy seaman 25,526
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 19 min Younohoo 17,512
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 30 min Paul Yanks 312,873
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) 36 min Sandy L 19

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]