Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 316219 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#279252 Jan 23, 2013
...which means your god let kids die for NO REASON.
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>13When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream.“Get up,” he said,“take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.” 14So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15where he stayed until the death of Herod.
And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet:“Out of Egypt I called my son.”
16When Herod realized that he had been outwitted by the Magi, he was furious, and he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had learned from the Magi.
17Then what was said through the prophet Jeremiah was fulfilled: 18 “A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more.”
19After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, 20and said,“Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.” 21So he got up, took the child and his mother and went to the land of Israel. 22But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, 23and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth.
So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets:“He will be called a Nazarene.

Indianapolis

#279253 Jan 23, 2013
That's hilarious. It's the most crapulent, self-serving interpretation of the 10 C's I've ever seen. I've read the bible several times; just because I don't believe it doesn't mean I don't know what it says.
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org/2010/08... Wrong again, you never read the bible.

Indianapolis

#279254 Jan 23, 2013
The frigging thing has two different creation stories; that's just sloppy editing.
Tondaleyo wrote:
The bible is beautifully written. Someone who spits at God for his beautiful creation is demonic.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279255 Jan 23, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a straightforward question. What kind of gun would Jesus prefer? Would Jesus prefer to use a handgun an assault rifle...what?
Let's say Jesus was visiting your house and you invited him out to gun down some of his creatures, like deer or something, what kind of weapon would you offer him to use?
A fishing line or a net.

Indianapolis

#279256 Jan 23, 2013
Hey...what's sexier than getting massage because your arthritic joints are barely functional, or because your circulation is so bad that you cramp every hour or two, right?
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing, isn't it? He has no idea what he's talking about, but that doesn't stop him from spouting.
Stuck in the past, all of them, and immature. I'm a Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist and Doula. A medical professional with a more extensive education in human anatomy and physiology than even a Nurse has, and as much about the human reproductive system. With my own business. Yet all they can think about is a "massage parlor", and a sexual aspect that doesn't exist in therapeutic massage. He's just a dirty minded little boy.
Gtown71

United States

#279259 Jan 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
...which means your god let kids die for NO REASON.
<quoted text>
You mean like God let all those kids die for no reason at the school awhile back?
You do understand free will right?
For God to step in and force a person to do other then they intend on doing, would no longer be free will.

As far as my other post. I'm not talking about citizens. I'm talking about how people don't seem to mind taking a human heart and stopping it.
Yet some of the same people love groups like PETA that fight over doing the same thing to panda bears and other animals.

Yet I geuss they value humans less than a animal.
Some on here even less then that.
Gtown71

United States

#279260 Jan 23, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical christard judgement. You're lower than scum.
I don't feel the same for you.
My savior died for you as well.
If you're worth that to Him, then who I'm I to look down on you.

I have all the proof I need -many others do as well - God says all will know at death, and one must take by faith untill then.
He's God -He set it up.

Plus all the many many people that do believe -believe in faith, just like God said.
That alone should make someone atleast think.
Gtown71

United States

#279261 Jan 23, 2013
Independent voter wrote:
What a woman does with her OWN body is ONLY her business.
Let us not allow Christian "sharia" to govern us.
Well since many many many people (WHO ARE NOT CHRISTIANS), are also.against abortion, then it seems the only ones wanting sharia law are folks like you.

Plus you only want it over christians.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279262 Jan 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. But I'm not the one who is trying to change laws and remove civil rights from pregnant women based on nothing but "ignorant and STUPID" opinions.
You post as if wanting the laws based on cold, hard FACTS is a bad thing.
Then you won't mind if they keep moving the viability age through medicine and technology.
Gtown71

United States

#279263 Jan 23, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE did I say I had a negative experience with motherhood, sASSy? I'll tell you; NOWHERE. So that's another LIE you keep spewing because you don't like my saying that motherhood involves a lot of HARDSHIPS, something you obviously DON'T want girls/women to know about. You've demonstrated many times that you have no problem LYING about prochoicers who say things YOU don't like or approve of. This is just another such occasion.
The way I see it, girls and women NEED to know about these hardships, which ALL parents know about by the way, so they can make an INFORMED decision about motherhood rather than making it in ignorance and then deeply REGRET becoming mothers later. YOU prefer that they remain in ignorance. I'm not interested in your preferences, so I'll go on raising those facts as often as I think necessary. Deal with it.
Ocean we truly have alot in common.
Most pro lifers also thinks young girls and women need to know all they can about the pro's and cons of motherhood, as well as what having sex can do.

As you say before they REGRET becomming mothers.
We just say before they REGRET becomming pregnant.

Not to mention how this was made legal, by a back door law, with a handful of law makers. Sorry judges that shouldn't make new laws.

I already know what you will say.

Tough -goofy -you have no say -sin is self induced nonsense

Still the same abortion is the stopping (the killing) of human life.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#279264 Jan 23, 2013
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
right on Gtown........they scare me, their mindset/ideology anyway..........reminds me of how much my liberal friends on fb were Obamagasming yesterday........
MLK day AND Obama re-elected! ughhhhhh as if one has ANYTHING to do with the other
More one dimensional thunking. You cannot see that MLK had an effect on white American youth that accepted the idea of a non-white President.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279265 Jan 23, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Hey...what's sexier than getting massage because your arthritic joints are barely functional, or because your circulation is so bad that you cramp every hour or two, right?
<quoted text>
Or to help correct your functional Scoliosis, to break up scar tissue around your knee surgery site, or to relieve your Sciatica, exactly.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#279266 Jan 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you won't mind if they keep moving the viability age through medicine and technology.
Unlikely. There is a reason human gestation is meant to take 40 weeks. You can't cut that in half without severe consequences to the lungs.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#279267 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing, isn't it? He has no idea what he's talking about, but that doesn't stop him from spouting.
Stuck in the past, all of them, and immature. I'm a Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist and Doula. A medical professional with a more extensive education in human anatomy and physiology than even a Nurse has, and as much about the human reproductive system. With my own business. Yet all they can think about is a "massage parlor", and a sexual aspect that doesn't exist in therapeutic massage. He's just a dirty minded little boy.
Oooo, now, you went and did it. By speaking with authority and pride about your occupation, you will begin accused of bragging and/or lying. Lol

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#279268 Jan 23, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when you go to the dentist to get a cavity filled and afterwards your husband asks you how it went, do you tell him 'that's none of your business!'?
Why are you comparing what goes on in a doctors office with a patient to what goes on within a marriage?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279269 Jan 23, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>More one dimensional thunking. You cannot see that MLK had an effect on white American youth that accepted the idea of a non-white President.
Anybody can see a black president not just the young. It's not his color, it is his ideas that are concerning.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279270 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlikely. There is a reason human gestation is meant to take 40 weeks. You can't cut that in half without severe consequences to the lungs.
Not yet. Wouldn't you like it if a woman could have a baby without having to carry it?

Location hidden

#279271 Jan 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since many many many people (WHO ARE NOT CHRISTIANS), are also.against abortion, then it seems the only ones wanting sharia law are folks like you.
Plus you only want it over christians.
That's just histrionic malarkey. What we want is forced women to keep the right that they rightfully have to make autonomous decisions regarding their pregnancies. That's why it's called the Right to Choose. That's as far from sharia law as we can get.

Location hidden

#279272 Jan 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Or to help correct your functional Scoliosis, to break up scar tissue around your knee surgery site, or to relieve your Sciatica, exactly.
Or to delay the necessity of unwanted surgery for degenerative disc disease. I love my MT.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#279273 Jan 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>That's just histrionic malarkey. What we want is forced women to keep the right that they rightfully have to make autonomous decisions regarding their pregnancies. That's why it's called the Right to Choose. That's as far from sharia law as we can get.
But you can only 'choose' to a point. Why do you think that you can't 'choose' to do what you want with your own body after 24 weeks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr NEMO the Brilliant 4,765
News 'Sick' Anthony Weiner Weeps While Pleading Guil... 1 hr DT made Un blink 34
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr SweLL GirL 17,289
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr SweLL GirL 18,514
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr sweet benny 8,582
should we do away with the american flag 3 hr FROM TN 1
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr jimi-yank 14,080

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages