Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311628 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#276185 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA analysis is clear: Preborn baby is NOT part of mom's body.
If this fact upsets you, go over in the corner with Kathy-boy & stomp your feet impotently.
Caring.
so if it isn't part of a woman's body and is not physically attached to her body, where is it located and how does it get nourishment?

just answer those two questions, K?
worships reality

AOL

#276187 Jan 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
So the fetus's autonomy ends where the woman's body begins? Duly noted.
<quoted text>
duly noted? good for you.
and thus the fetus cannot decide to terminate the woman's life without just cause. and vice versa.
bman

Commack, NY

#276188 Jan 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so if it isn't part of a woman's body and is not physically attached to her body, where is it located and how does it get nourishment?
just answer those two questions, K?
It is attatched to her body to get nourishment. And when it comes out of the mother's body it gets nourishment as well. You also are advised not to drink alcohol or do drugs and take good care of it by not doing too much rough activty and you are sometimes advised to eat certain foods. So the mom takes care of it just like she takes care of her child outside of the womb. Now answer This question; if the fetus is "part" of a women's body, wouldn't that make the fetus a bodypart? If you answer yes, then that means you and I were once bodyparts! If you answer no then you see my point. By the way, unlike other organs, a fetus comes out of the mother's body after about 9 months. Does a woman's brain or heart do that? I don't think so.
worships reality

AOL

#276189 Jan 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so if it isn't part of a woman's body and is not physically attached to her body, where is it located and how does it get nourishment?
just answer those two questions, K?
something can reside in the body without being part of the body. if it were the dna would be the same. it gets nourishment from the mother.
questions answered, k?
worships reality

AOL

#276190 Jan 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
God heals us? Really? Your god nearly killed me with pneumonia; it took wise and well-trained humans to save my life. Of course, it was easier for them--they exist. Your sky-daddy does not.
<quoted text>
sky daddy doesn't exist but he nearly killed you with pneumonia.
which is it?
worships reality

AOL

#276191 Jan 12, 2013
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. It is part of their "lifestyle" choice. Kathy is off the site most of the time because he can't keep it in his mouth. At least that is what Cpeter says.
kathy is a woman. i know her.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#276192 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA analysis is clear: Preborn baby is NOT part of mom's body.
If this fact upsets you, go over in the corner with Kathy-boy & stomp your feet impotently.
Caring.
If the fetus is a clone, it has the same DNA as the pregnant woman. So go join Kathy-boy.
I taught you that before.
Gtown71

United States

#276193 Jan 12, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trotting this nonsense out?? Really??
You do know that an abortion is a medical procedure that is preformed on a pregnant woman.
You do know you have, once more, looked like a fool for posting this stupidity. For what must be the hundredth, if not the thousand, time.
It was stupid the first time it was ever posted and now is just moronic to continue to trot this lame question out yet again.
So, no answer?
you do realize for thousands if years people would have thought that a country this size would give a woman legal rights to kill her unborn child don't you?

Plus other countries are already playing with these ideas. If a child is born with issues, then the mom can have that child killed, so what may seem far fetched to you today, seemed far fetched to those before us.
It won't be long untill old people are aborted.

This has nothing to do with womens rights, it has everything to do with right and wrong.

Killing the smallest of human creatures is just wrong.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#276194 Jan 12, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
It is attatched to her body to get nourishment. And when it comes out of the mother's body it gets nourishment as well. You also are advised not to drink alcohol or do drugs and take good care of it by not doing too much rough activty and you are sometimes advised to eat certain foods. So the mom takes care of it just like she takes care of her child outside of the womb. Now answer This question; if the fetus is "part" of a women's body, wouldn't that make the fetus a bodypart? If you answer yes, then that means you and I were once bodyparts! If you answer no then you see my point. By the way, unlike other organs, a fetus comes out of the mother's body after about 9 months. Does a woman's brain or heart do that? I don't think so.
poop comes out of a woman's body too.

Not all pregnant woman don't
Drink
do drugs
eat healthy.

a pregnant woman who wants a child will usually take care of herself while pregnant.

Yes, I was part of my mother's body when she was pregnant. My mother would never have an abortion, but she didn't feel it was right for her to make a decision for other pregnant women.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#276195 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Karma: "so if it isn't part of a woman's body and is not physically attached to her body, where is it located and how does it get nourishment?"
Oh, you must be referring to the way mankind was created to procreate: Pregnancy.
Ask your mom about it.
(wow)
every species has a drive to continue the species. However, sex isn't only for procreation. The vast majority of the time its just to be enjoyed. Else why would the majority of pregnancies ended in a miscarriage?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#276196 Jan 12, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
something can reside in the body without being part of the body. if it were the dna would be the same. it gets nourishment from the mother.
questions answered, k?
so now you are calling a fetus a parasite?

you know something that resides inside another body, gets its nourishment from that body but isn't part of the host body.

Okay, got it. a fetus is a parasite according to you. and you're against abortion?
Gtown71

United States

#276197 Jan 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
check your history, abortion was legal when the constitution was written.
http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/histo...
If it was so legal, then why all the fuss now?
I've been stupid many times, but to be for, and promote murder of a tiny baby, is in a whole new catagory.

I just think if abortion is to be legal, that we should give the little fellows a chance.

Have a killer (maybe one of you?) Put the babies name,(mothers name) docs name, in a hat -draw out one name, and which ever one is the lucky winner -stick a knife in their neck.

Plus since its all about womens rights, how about when women are in prison? We know for certain, that a baby will cause hardship on her, and since she has no rights, then make them abort her baby?
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#276198 Jan 12, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Providing that other body has the same rights as mine. A fetus does no, and will never have, the same rights as the mother.
I think you're both confused.
If the fetus has the same rights as the mother, the mother has the fetus. The mother as the right to stop a fetus from encroaching on the mother's health and welfare.
That's the flaw in anti-coice reasoning re "rights" of the fetus.
bman

Commack, NY

#276199 Jan 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
poop comes out of a woman's body too.
Not all pregnant woman don't
Drink
do drugs
eat healthy.
a pregnant woman who wants a child will usually take care of herself while pregnant.
Yes, I was part of my mother's body when she was pregnant. My mother would never have an abortion, but she didn't feel it was right for her to make a decision for other pregnant women.
Wow, you're comparing crap to an unborn child? Never heard anything quite hilarious like that before. You were "part" of your mother's body during her pregnancy? In what way? Did you also have your first heartbeat, have a seperate DNA, a different brain and heart than your mother? Did your mother give you blood, or did you have your own blood and did your heart pump it instad of your mother's heart? Can't wait to hear this answer. Oh, and yeah, your mother didn't decide for other women, nor did mine. So, you're pretty lucky that she made the right choice for you. You got an opputunity to live. Millions of others didn't have that choice. all you care about is the woman. What about the child?
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#276200 Jan 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was so legal, then why all the fuss now?
I've been stupid many times, but to be for, and promote murder of a tiny baby, is in a whole new catagory.
I just think if abortion is to be legal, that we should give the little fellows a chance.
Have a killer (maybe one of you?) Put the babies name,(mothers name) docs name, in a hat -draw out one name, and which ever one is the lucky winner -stick a knife in their neck.
Plus since its all about womens rights, how about when women are in prison? We know for certain, that a baby will cause hardship on her, and since she has no rights, then make them abort her baby?
Another zinger from johnnycakes!
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#276201 Jan 12, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
duly noted? good for you.
and thus the fetus cannot decide to terminate the woman's life without just cause. and vice versa.
If the encroach-or is harming the encroach-ee which one is entitled to a remedy?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276202 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
On the one hand, Katie is aversive (to death) of those human beings in the fetal stage of life.
On the other hand, she tries desperately to extend the time the little one is a fetus (e.g., before umbilical cord is cut...48 hours after birth to allow the brain to develop more....if receives medical assistance...)
She's a mess..........
Now you're just lying. You Fim you.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276203 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right to bodily autonomy ends where another's body begins.
As well as yours.
Except in self-defense.

Would you like deny pregnant women the ability to act in self-defense along with enacting "special" laws only applicable during pregnancy?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276204 Jan 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
"I think..." Obviously, you don't. If the fetus is ready to be removed in a caesarean, then it is past the point of being aborted electively.
<quoted text>
Wasn't that stupid?

Who thinks these up? Aborting the day before a scheduled C-section. As if that's even legal. What an idiotic "hypothetical" that was. These people. Do they know how to think?
Gtown71

United States

#276205 Jan 12, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're comparing crap to an unborn child? Never heard anything quite hilarious like that before. You were "part" of your mother's body during her pregnancy? In what way? Did you also have your first heartbeat, have a seperate DNA, a different brain and heart than your mother? Did your mother give you blood, or did you have your own blood and did your heart pump it instad of your mother's heart? Can't wait to hear this answer. Oh, and yeah, your mother didn't decide for other women, nor did mine. So, you're pretty lucky that she made the right choice for you. You got an opputunity to live. Millions of others didn't have that choice. all you care about is the woman. What about the child?
Well put! The womb of the woman, is like a home for the born child. All the woman does while pregnant, is FEED HER CHILD, just like after the child is born, the baby needs to be fed.

The baby has it's own blood and heart, before and after birth.

I geuss women who don't want to feed their babies after they are born, just have them killed, for feeding them before birth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Actual Science 61,067
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 18 min SweLL GirL 16,061
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 23 min FORREST 15,177
lufthansa greece (Jul '15) 1 hr aris 6
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 hr Into The Night 12,546
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 3 hr The real Paris 11,952
Melania Is A Tranny?!? 4 hr Eric Cartman Auth... 2

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages