Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313382 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#276134 Jan 12, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Skanky, your question is both inane and stupid. You are suggesting that you and any one else should be involved in each and every medical decision a woman makes for her pregnancy.
You question also opens up the the idea that we all should be there and second guess each of the doctors medical advice and expertise.
But that is what you antichoice little fools really want is a foot in the door to dictate to doctors, and their patients, how and the way a pregnancy should proceed.
Thank The Goddesses and The Gods that we have HIPAA and Roe v Wade to keep fools, like you, away from interfering with a woman pregnancy and her medical provider.
These idiots seem to think of being "pro-choice" as pertaining ONLY to pregnancy.

Nobody who supports another persons freedom to make their own choices (within the law) is endorsing any of the actual choices. That is relevant to any aspect of out lives. I'm an atheist and do not believe in God or have any use for religion, but I support their *freedom* to choose for themselves what they believe or their desire to follow a religion. I support their freedom to speak their opinions but I don't agree with anything they actually say.

Why is that so hard for these people to understand?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#276135 Jan 12, 2013
I lived because skilled doctors gave my body a chance to heal. I'm damned hard to kill. No god had anything to do with it.
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
So how come you didn't die? He saved your life because
you wanted to live. Maybe he likes you. God says Hi.

Indianapolis

#276136 Jan 12, 2013
I'd point out the flaws in your logic, but you have no logic. A manufactured product has nothing to do with a doctor's duty to his patient.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The law regulates traffic and manufacture of drugs based on pompus self rightious control freaks. Since their are illegal drugs likewise their should be illegal medical procedures. And killing defenseles babies should be one of them.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#276141 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: It is through pregnancy that mankind procreates. Yes or no?
Ocean: Yes, it is.

Indianapolis

#276143 Jan 12, 2013
No, it wasn't--it was considered a state's issue under the 10th amendment. If it were constitutional, it would have to be legal in all states, and it never was.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
So was slavery.
Gtown71

United States

#276148 Jan 12, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If a pregnant woman had a scheduled c-section for January 2, would you support her choice to electively abort on January 1?.
I think most would be just fine with letting the doc, that was planning to do the c- section on Jan 2, if he would, then he could just do the abortion himself.

Sad.
Gtown71

United States

#276151 Jan 12, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. It has EVERYTHING to do with wanting to control women; specifically, a woman's right to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy, whether you admit that or not. You're obviously pissed that a woman can choose to get an abortion simply because she DOESN'T want to be pregnant. Too bad, pal.
Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. If it isn't YOUR pregnancy, it isn't your decision, simple as that.
You say motherhood is an option, so IF the laws were extended for a woman to take her child to the doc, and have them aborted, up to age 12 would you be ok, if a woman took her 11 year old, and legaly had them aborted?

Indianapolis

#276152 Jan 12, 2013
Of course they did--it's done with virtually all pneumonia cases regardless of gender or orientation. And, like every other test I've had--every three to six months since they became available--it was negative.

BTW--they had no idea if I was gay or straight.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeter: "Your god nearly killed me with pneumonia"
Gay man with pneumonia. I'm sure you received an HIV test.

Indianapolis

#276153 Jan 12, 2013
So the fetus's autonomy ends where the woman's body begins? Duly noted.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right to bodily autonomy ends where another's body begins.
Gtown71

United States

#276154 Jan 12, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both statements are a matter of OPINION, not fact. I'm a parent, and I have NO problem saying that it is VERY hard to raise kids, for the reasons I have already stated. If you have issues with my saying that, too bad.
No mam, you've stated many times how upset it makes you, when young girls are only told the joys of motherhood, and how they should be told ALL of the facts. You then turn around and spew out all and any negative thing you can come up with, about having and raising a baby. How many people would take prescription meds, if all they have been told is the negative side effects?
some women are more compassionate with their kids then others (usualy comes from how much love and commpassion they were shown as kids), you clearly don't seem to have much commpassion for kids, and more of a mechanical type of mother.
Like owning dogs, anyone can throw out some food and water, but the dog is much happier, if you pet him ever so often. You are a person that seems to have to be in control all times.

I'm sorry if you were fed, but not loved enough, but that doesn't happen in all homes.
I left my home at age 16, and have been gone ever since, but my daughter and wife are loved greatly, and never controled by me in anyway. If any one gets controled it is me, and happy to do it :)

Indianapolis

#276155 Jan 12, 2013
"I think..." Obviously, you don't. If the fetus is ready to be removed in a caesarean, then it is past the point of being aborted electively.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most would be just fine with letting the doc, that was planning to do the c- section on Jan 2, if he would, then he could just do the abortion himself.
Sad.

Indianapolis

#276156 Jan 12, 2013
It's really difficult for legs to be open-minded or any other form of mindedness.
No Relativism wrote:
If you're open minded about killing preborn babies, you should be close minded with your legs.

Indianapolis

#276157 Jan 12, 2013
Gee, I guess that whole constitution thing just pisses you right off.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You say motherhood is an option, so IF the laws were extended for a woman to take her child to the doc, and have them aborted, up to age 12 would you be ok, if a woman took her 11 year old, and legaly had them aborted?
bman

Commack, NY

#276158 Jan 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No, it wasn't--it was considered a state's issue under the 10th amendment. If it were constitutional, it would have to be legal in all states, and it never was.
<quoted text>
Yes, but the Constitution PROTECTED the state's right to have slavery. They were considered property and therefore the right for an owner of that slave to do whatever he wanted with that slave as long as it wasn't torture or murder. Slave owner's right, woman's right? See any relation here? It sounds like you're against Roe V Wade because that goes AGAINST the 10th Amendment because states cannot interfere with the 1st trimester under any circumstances. It's a federal policy. BEFORE Roe V Wade STATES could decide the issue of abortion, not the federal government. So my guess is you disagree with the court's decision, Roe V Wade and it should be left to the states?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#276159 Jan 12, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>So you think abortion should be illegal. And if women want abortions they should have to be sneaky, and not get caught.
No, that's what you think, stupid.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#276160 Jan 12, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>So was slavery.
Yet, a woman's right to have an abortion will not be overturned, even if civil war explodes again.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#276161 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>CD Lawyer: What would outlawing smoking for pregnanty women be classified? Pre-natal pulmonary therapy?
_______

It's a preventative measure.
Preventative measures are not laws dumbass. They are suggestions and the main reason why many follow then, when they regard medical treatment, is surmised in two words; medical insurance.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#276162 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>What's the differentiating factor between a woman, and a pregnant woman?
A "no vacancy" sign.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#276163 Jan 12, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>Your right to bodily autonomy ends where another's body begins.
Providing that other body has the same rights as mine. A fetus does no, and will never have, the same rights as the mother.
Forum Mod

United States

#276164 Jan 12, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's what you think, stupid.
Please refrain from the gratuitous name calling.
We reserve the right to remove any post deemed inappropriate and in violation of Topix TOS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breastfeeding in public? (Feb '16) 12 min Go Blue Forever 88
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 14 min NEMO 2,282
News Protecting Trump Tower cost NY City $24 million... 22 min Julia 29
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Into The Night 63,315
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 45 min the don 42,800
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) 55 min ThomasA 42
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr ThomasA 13,045

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages