Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313200 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#275708 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a woman does with her body, is none of my business, but when laws are made in this country, then it is my business.
When women want free abortions and birth control, and want me to help pay for it, then it's my business.
I also think any human being should want to defend a baby, from a man with a knife, whether the baby is one day after born, or one day before they are born.
Yes some teach their children about cults, and again, for years I wanted nothing to do with any religion, and even now, I don't want anything to do many. When read properly the bible tells us how God loves us so much "sin and all ",that God the Son left Heaven, and came to earth to die for our sins. Yet I still didn't believe it, untill I was born again. Jesus said you must be born again. I now know that this is true.
Either God created all we see, or it comes from slimmy rocks and millions or billions of years. It is up to which one you want to put faith in? Both take faith. God takes way less faith, then evolution.
Many have had a momment with God, but No one has ever seen a rock turn into anything living.
http://grist.org/list/crazy-living-rock-is-on...

You have now :->

Actually if you were not so caught up in a black and white mind set you would realize that faith and science actually went hand in hand. Right up until the early part of the 20th century.

When religious groups started to feel that maybe science was not doing them any favors.

You know like proving not only are we not the center of the galaxy, but that in fact we are not even the center of the universe.

The famous Scopes Monkey trial is probably the best examples of why churches should not teach science. And why people of faith look upon certain religious institutions with revulsion.

It is not about what was written thousands of years ago that matter. It is your personal experience with Deity.

The moment when christian churches and Islamist temples decided that was written thousands of years ago should be given more credence. That was religion turning it back on facts and truth. Today when a some one hates science for presenting facts. It shows just how weak a persons convictions and faith truly are for all to see.

Oh and Roe V Wade says it is constitutional for a woman to seek out and get an abortion of she so chooses. That is a fact.
No Relativism

United States

#275709 Jan 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered how our eastcoast friends were doing. Chicky lived in CT, so I've been concerned if she was near or knew anyone near Newtown.
Glad to hear La is okay.
Yeah, STO is soooooo concerned about Newtown. Yet, he doesn't bat an eye to the 4,000 babies aborted today alone in this country.

What a hypocritical moron. His priorities & emotions are like dreadlocks....tangled & dirty.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#275710 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it be noted that Elise supports Sex-Selection abortions.
No more can she squak the words "gender bias".
She has just outed herself as someone who takes gender bias to the ultimate extreme: DEATH, EXECUTION STYLE
Not a one will condemn it.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#275711 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you and JM must know the same people.
Or read the same script..**shrugs** it has to be one the two.. Either running in the same circle of friends or reading the same material.

Cause the third alternative is that two random people showing up with the same exact story makes it quite improbable.
No Relativism

United States

#275712 Jan 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Imo, when AC makes one excepttion, they invalidate their argument. In doing so, they agree that the zef is expendable in favor of the woman. They admit the zef has no rights and the woman does.
What exception does the prolife support? Did you not read the articles I posted to you regarding prolife approach to "life of mother" situation?

You're tiring..........
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#275713 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink: "Kathwynn, that's not true according to the pathologist. He said the baby exited through the top of the decomposing uterus."
(Here that sound?'stomp...stomp...stomp' It's Kathwynn stomping his impotent feet.)
They say whatever they want as though it is a fact when it certainly is nothing but an untruth. Made up by someone to fight the fact that Peterson was convicted of killing a baby before birth.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#275714 Jan 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. Wont happen. She did as Perverse and look how badly that went for her. LOL
Nah, she can play this game, and it gets her all the negative attention she's ever wanted.
She ONLY deludes herself.
But you just came up with a new way for her to ignore/deny she's Lynne.
HEY LYNNIEKINS!!
If you and Lynne D were tested, would you share DNA?
LOLOL!
I've asked "Lily" to deny having the same DNA and SS# as LynneD, and she never responds to those posts.

Things that make you go hmmmmm?

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#275715 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
When the fetus is expelled alive from the uterus, that is birth.
The sensation of pain requires consciousness; that is impossible to feel pain without a working upper brain--and that doesn't begin until well into the 6th month of gestation.
Yes, the PLM'ers lied. A fetus is incapable of crying--there is no air in the womb. Fetuses can't "move away"from something; their autonomic responses have no intent...and where the hell would they go? The bus station?
<quoted text>
I bet fetuses react the moment a sharp object starts to cut into them. If a fetus could talk, it would probably say 'Ow! That hurts! WTF is a sharp object doing in this womb?!'.
No Relativism

United States

#275716 Jan 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternity has nothing to do with time.
Anyway...
NR: "You're confusion lies in stating "women" are discriminated against."
No, I'm saying we cannot pass laws that discriminate against women, even if they are pregnant.
Pregnancy doesn't change their rights as citizens. You are arguing that it should. One result would be you would make it illegal for pregnant women to smoke.
As I understand it, even if a smoker is by him/herself, a 100 yards away from anyone else, smokes, washes his hands, face, brushes his teeth, the toxic smoke is still on his clothes, hair. So, if all things are equal, that person could not approach a pregnant woman or minor without risking a fine. That would be gender equal law - everyone plays by the same rules. Right?
It is common knowledge that by the nature of mankind's creation, women were created to carry offspring within their womb (i.e. pregnancy).

Unless mankind is "re-created," the fact will remain regardless if you like it or not.

Pregnancy is not discrimination. Pregnancy is a normal part of what it is to be human.

The wheels for your line of reasoning have slipped off the tracks. You haven't yet grasped common knowledge.

Tighten it up.

You're embarrassing.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#275717 Jan 10, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet fetuses react the moment a sharp object starts to cut into them. If a fetus could talk, it would probably say 'Ow! That hurts! WTF is a sharp object doing in this womb?!'.
No sharp objects enter a woman's vaginal canal or uterus. Are you crazy?

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#275718 Jan 10, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
http://grist.org/list/crazy-living-rock-is-on...
You have now :->
Actually if you were not so caught up in a black and white mind set you would realize that faith and science actually went hand in hand. Right up until the early part of the 20th century.
When religious groups started to feel that maybe science was not doing them any favors.
You know like proving not only are we not the center of the galaxy, but that in fact we are not even the center of the universe.
The famous Scopes Monkey trial is probably the best examples of why churches should not teach science. And why people of faith look upon certain religious institutions with revulsion.
It is not about what was written thousands of years ago that matter. It is your personal experience with Deity.
The moment when christian churches and Islamist temples decided that was written thousands of years ago should be given more credence. That was religion turning it back on facts and truth. Today when a some one hates science for presenting facts. It shows just how weak a persons convictions and faith truly are for all to see.
Oh and Roe V Wade says it is constitutional for a woman to seek out and get an abortion of she so chooses. That is a fact.

Do you believe that Christian ministers/priests and Muslim clerics have never taken a science course in their lifetime? If they did take science courses, do you believe that all of them failed all those science course(s) they took?

Moreover, would you be willing to go on Jeopardy and compete against a Catholic priest and a Muslim cleric? I think you'll be surprised with how much each of them knows about things/facts.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275719 Jan 10, 2013
When I was 4, my goldfish died. My siblings held a funeral. Anyone can do it, for whatever reason.

BTW--there is a difference between a miscarriage and being stillborn.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife had a misscarriage early on, with our secound child, but I know of atleast 2 people who had one later on. One lady I knew lost hers just an hour before she delivered the baby full term. These people had funerals for their babies, so are they the mother of a dead baby, or did they have a funeral for?????(Whatever you call "it ")?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#275720 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you and others will read this drivel and then make an intelligent comment.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/religious...
On what, an unsubstantiated claim by "Live Action"?

LOL, try again.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#275721 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife had a misscarriage early on, with our secound child, but I know of atleast 2 people who had one later on. One lady I knew lost hers just an hour before she delivered the baby full term. These people had funerals for their babies, so are they the mother of a dead baby, or did they have a funeral for?????(Whatever you call "it ")?
Whatever they call it.

Would you expect a woman who miscarries at 2 months gestation to mourn the miscarriage no differently than she would the death of her 5 yr old?

Would you think it strange if she didn't mourn the miscarriage?
No Relativism

United States

#275722 Jan 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a one will condemn it.
Yeah, "feminists" support sex-selection abortions.

They put up some sort of mental block that prevents them from seeing the OBVIOUS hypocricy.

They aren't feminists. They are only out for convenience....at any cost....including the lives of innocent baby females.
No Relativism

United States

#275723 Jan 10, 2013
True feminists first seek to protect the most vulnerable females - those in the womb.

Fake feminists go after and kill the most vulnerable females.

It's not irony....it's hypocritical dumbassery.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#275724 Jan 10, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No sharp objects enter a woman's vaginal canal or uterus. Are you crazy?
What about when their little arms and legs are sucked off or when hit with burning saline?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#275725 Jan 10, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It is common knowledge that by the nature of mankind's creation, women were created to carry offspring within their womb (i.e. pregnancy).
Unless mankind is "re-created," the fact will remain regardless if you like it or not.
Pregnancy is not discrimination. Pregnancy is a normal part of what it is to be human.
The wheels for your line of reasoning have slipped off the tracks. You haven't yet grasped common knowledge.
Tighten it up.
You're embarrassing.
I haven't argued that pregnancy is discrimination. I'm stating that you want laws passed that discriminate against pregnant women.

The example is smoking. You would make it illegal for pregnant women to smoke. You would not make it illegal for fathers-to-be to smoke. That is gender discrimination.
No Relativism

United States

#275726 Jan 10, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
When I was 4, my goldfish died. My siblings held a funeral. Anyone can do it, for whatever reason.
BTW--there is a difference between a miscarriage and being stillborn.
<quoted text>
cPeter: "When I was 4, my goldfish died. My siblings held a funeral."

Fifty years later, when a gerbil drops out dead you have a funeral.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#275727 Jan 10, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's an editorial piece. I respond with the same comments I've made several times to your own editorial comments. Women have abortions, sometimes. Their reasons are their own. It isn't a requirement that their reasons are approved by anyone, ever. PP may not like a woman's reasons for having an abortion but it should not refuse to perform the abortion on that basis. It's obligation is to make sure the woman has made her decision autonomously.
Why keep the reasons for wanting an abortion a big secret? There's nothing to be ashamed of afterall and everyone around you should be proud that you're a person who always makes good decisions. You're incapable of making a bad decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 28 min jimi-yank 13,716
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Worse Than We Tho... 62,897
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 17,221
TRUMP can See RUSSIA from His Tower ! - Sarah P... 1 hr Vladimir Putin Ol... 2
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 1 hr RUSSIAN AIR SUPER... 1,281
Old Millenias Sax Toys ! 1 hr Old Millenias Bla... 3
HOW does Donald get that Orange Tan ?! 1 hr PITH on TRUMP 2

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages